Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,595 members, 7,816,475 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? (9642 Views)

See What Amaechi Did While The National Anthem Was Being Recited... / Nigerian Anthem Sang Before South-Africa's Anthem in Capetown / Nigerian Anthem Before American Anthem, Guests Tell Obaigbena, Thisday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by Nobody: 10:51am On Aug 16, 2012
afam4eva:
I'm a 100% Nigerian. I've never even been to Cotonou not to talk of America. But i'm more familiar with some of these places than some people that live there.

O_O shocked
Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by aletheia(m): 11:08am On Aug 16, 2012
afam4eva: @manny4life I'm not working towards being an American. Nothing can change my Nigerianess. What i want to know is why and how the America anthem could have an effect on me and not the Nigerian anthem.
^
Because the American anthem has a history and tells a story. The current Nigerian anthem is an artificial construct imposed on us by the Military. I really wish we 'd revert to the old national anthem:

Nigeria, we hail thee,
Our own dear native land,
Though tribe and tongue may differ,
In brotherhood we stand,
Nigerians all are proud to serve
Our sovereign Motherland.

Our flag shall be a symbol
That truth and justice reign,
In peace or battle honour'd,
And this we count as gain,
To hand on to our children
A banner without stain.

O God of all creation,
Grant this our one request,
Help us to build a nation
Where no man is oppressed,
And so with peace and plenty
Nigeria may be blessed.
Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by blackbeau1(f): 11:38am On Aug 16, 2012
@ op,unfortunately,you remain a Nigerian so no matter how moved you are by the united states anthem,u remain a Nigerian so stop fantazising abt things you don't or won't have.
Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by BlackMamba2: 11:49am On Aug 16, 2012
afam4eva: For some reason, whenever the Nigerian anthem is being played i just don't feel anything. But whenever the US anthem is being played, it moves me. I get close to tears at times. Mind you i've never been to the US in my life. Why don't i feel anything when the national anthem of Nigeria is being played? Even the South African anthem moves me.

[size=14pt]You must be lost in your world A.K.A insanity alias craziiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeee[/size]
Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by Wallie(m): 1:37pm On Aug 16, 2012
cheddarking:

Hilarious....

This coon is actually trying to remove some culpability from his White Master's head.

You forget that the driving force behind slave trade was the HUGE demand for slaves in the new world.

No demand - No Slaves.

If you were not a slave retard that has permanently attached his mouth to his master's buttthole, you would realize the stupidity of your statements.

You will realize that the stupid article you posted makes absolutely NO MENTION of a NIGERIAN tribe.

I understand that the blacks sold slaves too BUT...if you're trying to use that as an Excuse to be an Uncle Tom...Then you are an even worse case than I thought..

Listen asswipe, do you only blame those that receive stolen property and not those that stole the property in the first place?

Since you're about as sharp as a door knob, let me spell it out for you. Do you prosecute thieves or only those that buy stolen properties from thieves? Why should slavery be any different? My point is both the recipient and the thief should be held accountable but I doubt the empty space between your ears contains enough matter for you to process what I just said.

Make sure you take a whole day to ponder your response because it would take you just as long to say something meaningful! Didirin!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by AlhajiPastor: 2:40pm On Aug 16, 2012
LMAO, LOL, LOL, LOL...HAHAHAHAHAHA....BHWAAHHAHAHAHAHA.....FREECOCOA DON KILL ME TODAY WITH LAUGHTER, I LAUGH SO TAY, I MISTAKENLY WORE MY GIRLFRIEND'S UNDERPANT; THINKING IT WAS MY BOXER....
freecocoa: Afam nwanne bone that thing,you be proper okoro man,even if you chop burger\sandwich,form accent join sef from now to next year,e no go change anything,so you better start moving to the Nigerian Anthem,if e no move you,move yourself and whenever the American own wan move you,no gree just siddonn gidigba and you shall not be moved like a tree planted by the river Niger side.cheesy
Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by tpia5: 2:51pm On Aug 16, 2012
yeah right, mistakenly.
Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by sweetcheecks(f): 3:45pm On Aug 16, 2012
afam4eva: For some reason, whenever the Nigerian anthem is being played i just don't feel anything. But whenever the US anthem is being played, it moves me. I get close to tears at times. Mind you i've never been to the US in my life. Why don't i feel anything when the national anthem of Nigeria is being played? Even the South African anthem moves me.

YOU WATCH TOO MUCH TV!!!! CUT DOWN ON AMERICAN PROGRAMMS cool angry grin
Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by tpia5: 4:34pm On Aug 16, 2012
afam4eva:
I didn't hear it for the first time. I've been hearing it for so many years now.

lucky you.
Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by KingCheddar: 11:01am On Oct 02, 2012
Men ! I am not a big fan of football, but I like their commentary & then I think u need to calm down,
cos your approach is defiant.

If you don't have any business with any country, leave them alone .

You can only comment on world affairs .
Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by KingCheddar: 11:04am On Oct 02, 2012
Men ! ... I Am ... Not A Big Fan ... Of Football ... But ... I Like Their Commentary ...

Then ... I Think U Need To Calm Down ... Cos Ur Approach Is Defiant ...

If U Don't Have Any Business ... With Any Country ... Leave Um Alone ...

U Can ... Only ... Comment On World Affairs ...

AI ... Yeah !
Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by gezzyvinci(m): 12:33pm On Oct 04, 2012
but sincerely. d dude got a point...ds anthems he mentioned got an emotional string attached n d leaders r stl being guided by d reasonings of d past heroes(patriotism, love, sacrifice)....but Nigerian anthem...if no b nysc, I don forget am sync
Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by patrickmuf(m): 12:59pm On Oct 04, 2012
Well, these countries treat their national anthem with dignity and respect, in 9ja the reverse is the case...Most top politician cant even recite the national anther...Sad truth
Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by ektbear: 5:19pm On Oct 04, 2012
This thread is pretty hilarious
Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by Vansnickers: 7:15am On Apr 03, 2013
LOL!! Before you know it; some people will come and start saying the Israeli anthem moves them. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by tpia5: 10:24pm On Apr 07, 2013
black_beau: @ op,unfortunately,you remain a Nigerian so no matter how moved you are by the united states anthem,u remain a Nigerian so stop fantazising abt things you don't or won't have.

negatory!
Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by tpia5: 4:16am On Aug 21, 2013
Afam4eva: For some reason, whenever the Nigerian anthem is being played i just don't feel anything. But whenever the US anthem is being played, it moves me. I get close to tears at times. Mind you i've never been to the US in my life. Why don't i feel anything when the national anthem of Nigeria is being played? Even the South African anthem moves me.

does the nazi salute move you also?
Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by ikenga67: 5:10am On Aug 21, 2013
! am sorry, but anyone who claims to be "proudly Nigerian" must either be a scoundrel, a holy fool or a masochist!!
Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by donpope1(m): 6:18am On Aug 21, 2013
You guys need to listen to Biafran athem..very emotional!
Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by hunter21(m): 4:36pm On Aug 21, 2013
wait until you hear Nigerian anthem in brazil 2014 world cup finals. You will know it moves
Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by hunter21(m): 4:37pm On Aug 21, 2013
ikenga67: ! am sorry, but anyone who claims to be "proudly Nigerian" must either be a scoundrel, a holy fool or a masochist!!
You are the three of them together.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by khiaa(f): 8:58am On Feb 11, 2015
Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by Daliano(m): 10:23am On Jul 17, 2015
@OP I get exactly what you mean. Mine's the Canadian anthem. grin

What does ur signature mean?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

........... / APC: Obanikoro’s Meat, Atiku’s Poison / Breaking! Omoyele Sowore Was Disgraced Heavily In Kebbi (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.