Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,136 members, 7,818,422 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

Am I Deluded Or Choosy?? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Am I Deluded Or Choosy?? (6905 Views)

Are The Team"I love Foreign Girls" Deluded Or Bloody Right / Guys Have No Right To Be So Choosy / Why Are Some Guys Choosy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I Deluded Or Choosy?? by sucezTP(f): 4:58pm On Aug 18, 2012
.... Peeping and wondering....
Re: Am I Deluded Or Choosy?? by slimyem: 5:03pm On Aug 18, 2012
sucezTP: .... Peeping and wondering....
wondering what sweetie..
Re: Am I Deluded Or Choosy?? by rottenegg: 5:03pm On Aug 18, 2012
^^Yes, as men we are expected to posses these attributes but can you count the number of people around you that posses all these qualities?? Do you posses them? What i'm saying is, don't expect someone to posses them all. Do you know how hard it is to find one reliable person? Start from the few you've seen and use that to harness the rest. Thats all.
Re: Am I Deluded Or Choosy?? by ayobase(m): 5:40pm On Aug 18, 2012
slimyem: lol..
What area??
The area shown you in your dreams..shey??

I go surprise u someday!
Re: Am I Deluded Or Choosy?? by sucezTP(f): 5:52pm On Aug 18, 2012
slimyem: wondering what sweetie..

Just wondering if you wre serious about that or,... Still masking your opinions.
Re: Am I Deluded Or Choosy?? by pendo89(f): 5:53pm On Aug 18, 2012
yes they do.even on this very forum they do.
Re: Am I Deluded Or Choosy?? by slimyem: 6:11pm On Aug 18, 2012
sucezTP:

Just wondering if you wre serious about that or,... Still masking your opinions.
babe,i'm serious o...
Forget my opinions...
I need yours in this case..
pendo89: yes they do.even on this very forum they do.
okay...
So i'm not asking or lookin for the impossible...right??
Re: Am I Deluded Or Choosy?? by pendo89(f): 6:38pm On Aug 18, 2012
slimyem: Some say i am choosy.
Choosy?
Oh yes,i am choosy...
I want to marry a man that has been raised almost like me or preferably better than me-with the same kind of values...
Does he exist??
That honest,kind-hearted,loving,hard-working,respectful,responsible,dilligent,God-fearing man.
Are there any of them left or am i just deluded?
cheesycheesycheesy
Had to read through again.
It's fine to know and go for what you want, but I just never get the God fearing.The kindest of men I have come across are almost non religious.
Girls scream God fearing, making it very easy for evil guys to act as one for a while.
A balanced guy is okay but most of these attributes you desire are cultivated over time.Give time and chance is all i can say.If he doesn't change for the better then you are free.
Lastly look at urself as a tool to help sharpen and bring out these attributes in a man.Some of us ladies have the ability to create a monster out of a man.
Iron sharpens iron

1 Like

Re: Am I Deluded Or Choosy?? by slimyem: 6:48pm On Aug 18, 2012
pendo,i get all of that...
I've actually never seen a God-fearing man in every sense of the word...or maybe our definitions of the word 'God-fearing' just vary according to our beliefs and exposure...
..i don't get the part of the attributes being cultivated over time though...
If he doesn't have those qualities,then he doesn't have them!
I have always believed one can't change a grown man and i still do!
I wouldn't even enter into a relationship with the hopes/plans of changing a man into what i want...
Above all...you have spoken well..
Thanks!!
Re: Am I Deluded Or Choosy?? by pendo89(f): 7:18pm On Aug 18, 2012
slimyem: pendo,i get all of that...
I've actually never seen a God-fearing man in every sense of the word...or maybe our definitions of the word 'God-fearing' just vary according to our beliefs and exposure...
I wouldn't even enter into a relationship with the hopes/plans of changing a man into what i want...
Thanks!!
you sure have a point.
Say u meet a guy today and he's fine in all aspects but tolerance. Reason? circumstances may have nurtured this in him.
The mentioned imo are attributes that can be worked upon to 'reduce' their levels, because we are not born with humility,patience kindness or God fearing.
They are only refined by life's situations, so if one is dating and choose to face stuff together,the rugged edges on them are made straight.
They become better people.The people we desire to have as mates.
There are exceptions I must add which one must never embrace.
Re: Am I Deluded Or Choosy?? by pendo89(f): 7:18pm On Aug 18, 2012
deleted rpt.
Re: Am I Deluded Or Choosy?? by slimyem: 7:29pm On Aug 18, 2012
pendo89:
you sure have a point.
Say u meet a guy today and he's fine in all aspects but tolerance. Reason? circumstances may have nurtured this in him.
The mentioned imo are attributes that can be worked upon to 'reduce' their levels, because we are not born with humility,patience kindness or God fearing.
They are only refined by life's situations, so if one is dating and choose to face stuff together,the rugged edges on them are made straight.
They become better people.The people we desire to have as mates.
There are exceptions I must add which one must never embrace.

hmmn...
Attitudes can be shaped...or nurtured into ones desires over time but not before one is able to live with/tolerate the present attitude of such partner for as long as it takes for him/her to reach the desired....
I see and get your point..and i can accept them with certain 'ifs' just like the one i gave above...
Re: Am I Deluded Or Choosy?? by Jaykizz(m): 8:19pm On Aug 18, 2012
AmBeautiful:

They are hard to find,the kind of guys that exsists are looking for punny only.
God go help us sha! undecided(
D kind of gals in our time are only lookin 4 money 4rm guyz n wil giv up anytin dy av to earn it, evn if it's dia punny. God go help guyz sha. cry

1 Like

Re: Am I Deluded Or Choosy?? by Jaykizz(m): 8:33pm On Aug 18, 2012
slimyem: pendo,i get all of that...
Thanks!!
Nau dat dis thread has gaind it's relevance, I'l add my lil know-how here.
As rgadz God-fearing attribute, Dia ar many guyz wit dat attribute n I can swear it's wat I knw. Bt if u rily tink bein God-fearin means avin a +tve karakta den u r WRONG!! Mst of dis guyz ar neva nterestin in relatnshps. Dy c demsefs as saints n I kan tell u, mst of dm dress 'vry poorly' dat it'l b vry hard to accept dm as ur guy. Nfat, dy wont go any lady dat wears tyt n sexy clothes. Dy prefa spirikoko ladies dat puts on skirts below dia knee n luks 2 big on dm + tops/shirts wit 15shoulder pads (except u r also lyk dat).
Here me carefully, d kind of God-fearin guy in ur list + oda attributest u wrote in dat list...I BEG TO SAY U DNT MEAN A GOD-FEARING GUY BUT A CHURCH GOER.
Re: Am I Deluded Or Choosy?? by Nobody: 12:31am On Aug 19, 2012
Re: Am I Deluded Or Choosy?? by slimyem: 12:35am On Aug 19, 2012
apocalypse: So what happens when you get a man with all these attributes ? Does it guarantee a happy ever after ?
*sighs*
you finally decide to drop a comment...huh?
I don't believe anything is guaranteed per se in marriage..but that shouldn't stop us from making a choice that'd give a little light of hope..does it??

1 Like

Re: Am I Deluded Or Choosy?? by Nobody: 12:48am On Aug 19, 2012
Re: Am I Deluded Or Choosy?? by slimyem: 12:54am On Aug 19, 2012
apocalypse:
Reasonable enough , I only hope you find happiness in your quest
yeah..
Thanks!!
Re: Am I Deluded Or Choosy?? by Nobody: 12:54am On Aug 19, 2012
Re: Am I Deluded Or Choosy?? by Nobody: 12:55am On Aug 19, 2012
Re: Am I Deluded Or Choosy?? by slimyem: 12:59am On Aug 19, 2012
apocalypse: My eyes are very heavy and I can't think properly , I'll contribute better in the morning when I'm rested well
apocalypse: in between my replies I dozed off a couple of times
no wahala!!
Re: Am I Deluded Or Choosy?? by Acidosis(m): 1:09am On Aug 19, 2012
but you said you're married
Re: Am I Deluded Or Choosy?? by Idowuogbo(f): 1:16am On Aug 19, 2012
Acidosis: but you said you're married
Keep applying, u guaranteed a yes soonest. grin
Re: Am I Deluded Or Choosy?? by slimyem: 1:18am On Aug 19, 2012
Acidosis: but you said you're married
yes...
Does being married mean i can't start a thread to sample opinions and incite a discussion??
Re: Am I Deluded Or Choosy?? by Acidosis(m): 1:34am On Aug 19, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Keep applying, u guaranteed a yes soonest. grin
grin omg! My laugh attracted the vigilantee around here. . . grin

But I never said I was goin apply..
Re: Am I Deluded Or Choosy?? by Acidosis(m): 1:35am On Aug 19, 2012
slimyem: yes...
Does being married mean i can't start a thread to sample opinions and incite a discussion??

Alright. . .Now I understand
Re: Am I Deluded Or Choosy?? by ayobase(m): 7:45pm On Aug 19, 2012
Acidosis:

Alright. . .Now I understand

....and u chop that?......''I am married''
Re: Am I Deluded Or Choosy?? by Eklektika(m): 1:03am On Aug 22, 2012
Kinda boring listening 2 comments colored wit opinionated bias. 4 gudness' sake,if u dnt gbadun d thread,why wd u come n drop comments dat smell like fart? Na wetin make we Naija ppl dey fail exams,cos we dnt quietly consider n carefully read d questions or initial instructions b4 answering.
@ OP,I'd answer definitely: Yes! There r stil guys wit d afore-mentioned qualities. Though their ranks r thining by d hour! Scary? Yes! because women,by their body-language,give off d impression dat guys wit such qualities r usually wimps.
Wen d guy is GOD-fearing,women wd say,'he's 2 churchy'.
Wen d guy is hard-working,women wd say,'he doesnt hv time 4 me'.
Wen d guy is honest,women wd say,'he's nt smart'.
Wen d guy is gentle,women wd say,'he's 2 boring'. And they hastily drop dem 4 'less boring' xters;'d happening' guys. D guy dat was dropped den begins 2 'wisen up' n bcoms d yob dat most guys r 2day. So,yu r choosy,yes,but nt deluded. Cos many guys r wondering d same thing abt ladies 2. Solution? Go n read d buk;d secret. U need 2 also project a +ve magnetism dat wd attract a guy wit such qualities. No matter hw long it takes,wen u do get him,it'll b worth d w8. Hop I'v bn of a little help,sha. Gudluck 2 u,Slimyem.

1 Like

Re: Am I Deluded Or Choosy?? by slimyem: 9:18am On Aug 22, 2012
^thank you...
Your opinion's duly noted!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Top Ten Reasons Why U Need A Boo.. / This Girl & I Are Dating Technically but she'll not admit it / Few Days Being At Home For Quarantine, Girl Butchered Dog For Pepper Soup(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.