Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,147 members, 7,821,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

African Country ,You Won't Find A Nigerian In ? - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / African Country ,You Won't Find A Nigerian In ? (33038 Views)

The Country You Hate Most Out And You Don't Advice Anybody To Go To / Must Know Information Of Any Country You Need To Know About Or Migrate To. / What Country You Would Like To Visit Most And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Country ,You Won't Find A Nigerian In ? by zodosohio: 2:06pm On Aug 21, 2012
i don't think your assessments are correct,or you have not been to Sudan.Nigerians are in Sudan.
Re: African Country ,You Won't Find A Nigerian In ? by toluxa1(m): 2:11pm On Aug 21, 2012
Goto this site and know more about Juba, the capital. Forget those horrid pictures CNN is showing u
www.jubatravelguide.com
Re: African Country ,You Won't Find A Nigerian In ? by Audukaya: 2:12pm On Aug 21, 2012
There are many hausas in south sudan,belief me,but are indigineous.
Re: African Country ,You Won't Find A Nigerian In ? by invectives(m): 2:22pm On Aug 21, 2012
HEYYYY YALL,THE MACHINE GUN PREACHER,DOES HIS THING IN SOUTH SUDAN,RIGHT?
Re: African Country ,You Won't Find A Nigerian In ? by Reptane: 2:32pm On Aug 21, 2012
Mr poster, it seems u are not good in research, Dafur is in sudan not south sudan, the capital of south sudan is Juba. Olodo o shi.
Re: African Country ,You Won't Find A Nigerian In ? by walexyll(m): 2:39pm On Aug 21, 2012
lammygloooooooo: What of somalia I don't think nigerian are in somalia especially mogadisu.lol
where do boko boys av their apprenticeship
Re: African Country ,You Won't Find A Nigerian In ? by timmy1999(m): 2:40pm On Aug 21, 2012
Lordave: you are right, you won't find a NIGERIAN, but you must find an IGBO man there.
Guy u r are right..u just make me laugh and tumble
Re: African Country ,You Won't Find A Nigerian In ? by mhsanni(f): 2:48pm On Aug 21, 2012
@OP.. you havnt done ur research well at all... am currently in Sudan and believe me when I tell you d media hasnt done justice portraying the country at all.. Nigeria can claim more wealth than Sudan...yeah...buh of what use is the wealth if it doesnt benefit d masses... I can confidently tell you that even in a 'poverty stricken' sudan, we get to hv light 247... something my dear 'wealthy Nigeria' cant boast of. not to mention the good roads...needless to say hv got phobias travelling by road in Nigeria due to our bad roads...but have been to 9 states in Sudan BY ROAD and they have all been excitn experiences.... should i also mention to you that even during my field trips to their remote villages
I got to watch satellite tv...
Sudan might be poor...yeah... but life stil makes a lot more sense than in Nigeria..
Re: African Country ,You Won't Find A Nigerian In ? by rebecca167(m): 2:56pm On Aug 21, 2012
Di anyi, i will advice u 2 do u research wellar b4 u post. Am an anambra guy Currently reside at south sudan, plus during well in my boutique bizness after my nysc 4 (9ija) no job . Guys a lot of opportunity full here if u invest ur money weller.....many of us here frm 9ija, we import frm china. So timmy dont say wot u dont knw. South sudan is full of opportunity if u re with ur benjamin. ( got 2 go)

1 Like

Re: African Country ,You Won't Find A Nigerian In ? by Remii(m): 2:56pm On Aug 21, 2012
Are you sure Nigerian Northerners are not in that country?
Re: African Country ,You Won't Find A Nigerian In ? by Malachite: 3:01pm On Aug 21, 2012
pendo89:

Timmy you do not know what you are saying! Listen dude NOT everyone on NL is nigerian!!! am closer to s.sudan than you and every single event happening there passes by my desk.What is 'Infrastruction' now What are u talking about? Electricity? Malnutrition?? dude TRAVEL get out of that zone and TRAVEL the world.
Nothing on the ground in S. Sudan? what is the rest of Africa doing there? what are the NGOS doing there? who are those constructing roads setting up industries?ghosts?
I have lived with S. Sudanese and I know what they eat,dress,walk, live, their temper and all that.Have you ever been to S.Sudan? No, I doubt they will let u in.
Who told you there are no nigerians here? Where do you live? I am not posting any pics cz if you can't understand facts or theory no pics would make you believe.
You sound like you are still in school.

Who told you that op (Timmy1999) is a Nigerian? Just like you said a lot of people on Niraland are not Nigerians.
In fact it appears Timmy 1999 is trying to start a Nigerian bashing row.
Re: African Country ,You Won't Find A Nigerian In ? by timmy1999(m): 3:06pm On Aug 21, 2012
Thanks everybody for your comment and those that sabi abuse too...I think most pple av been enlighten and educated by my thread..now I know and believe that if nigeria can be living in war-torn country like south sudan..then there is no where on earth u won't find my hustling& travelling brothers and sisters..shalla

1 Like

Re: African Country ,You Won't Find A Nigerian In ? by informatix: 3:15pm On Aug 21, 2012
where ever there is war there is demand where ever there is demand. Supply is needed where ever Supply is needed an Igbo man is there. Where ever supply is needed transportation is need where ever transportation is needed hausa is there. Where ever is dangerous to enter strategy is needed where ever strategy is need Yoruba man is there for sure. Abi no be so?.

3 Likes

Re: African Country ,You Won't Find A Nigerian In ? by DANILSA(m): 3:17pm On Aug 21, 2012
South sudan

Re: African Country ,You Won't Find A Nigerian In ? by Malachite: 3:19pm On Aug 21, 2012
author=mhsanni]@OP.. you havnt done ur research well at all... am currently in Sudan and believe me when I tell you d media hasnt done justice portraying the country at all.. Nigeria can claim more wealth than Sudan...yeah...buh of what use is the wealth if it doesnt benefit d masses... I can confidently tell you that even in a 'poverty stricken' sudan, we get to hv light 247... something my dear 'wealthy Nigeria' cant boast of. not to mention the good roads...needless to say hv got phobias travelling by road in Nigeria due to our bad roads...but have been to 9 states in Sudan BY ROAD and they have all been excitn experiences.... should i also mention to you that even during my field trips to their remote villages
I got to watch satellite tv...
Sudan might be poor...yeah... but life stil makes a lot more sense than in Nigeria..

I guess op has achieved his aims, now we have people on here with the never ending story of better road and electricity even in the remotest of villages. grin grin grin
Re: African Country ,You Won't Find A Nigerian In ? by PapaBrowne(m): 3:21pm On Aug 21, 2012
very very wrong assumption.

Sudan hosts the highest number of Nigerians living in any country!

Sudan home to the largest Nigerian population of any destination country?

Why is Sudan home to the largest Nigerian population of any destination country? The most common explanation is a long history of sociocultural ties between Sudan and northern Nigeria, where most Nigerians in Sudan are from. Also, northern Nigerians who travel over land for the annual Islamic pilgrimage to Saudi Arabia go through Sudan, and many have settled there over the years.

In the 1993 Sudanese census, West Africans, under the label Nigerian tribes, were estimated to be about 1.4 million, or 7.4 percent of northern Sudan's total population. The Hausa in Sudan, who work mainly in agriculture, are believed to be the largest Hausa diaspora in the world. The Fulani among them can be divided into cattle owners and urbanized Fulani, while most of the Kanuri, believed to be among the earliest dwellers, have been fully Arabized.

Nigeria's ambassador to Sudan between 2005 and 2007, Mr. Dahiru Suleiman, was quoted in the Nigerian media as saying that Nigerians hold positions in the Sudanese government and the security services like the police but that most are subsistence farmers, poor and poorly educated.

Recent actions of the Sudanese government suggest concerns about the legal status of these settlers. In March 2010, it was widely reported that Sudan deported 58 Nigerians, all northerners, and most of them women. The Sudanese authority said that some of the deportees had fake/ expired travel documents. However, journalist Ajikanle Nurudeen reported that the deportees were sent home because they were a nuisance to Sudan, as most of the deported women were blind and were beggers.

In recent years, Sudan has become a destination for younger Nigerians for work and study. BBC Sport journalist Oluwashina Okeleji reported that Nigerian footballers play in the Sudanese league to get on the radar of European scouts and hope to ultimately move to Europe.

[url]http://www.migrationinformation.org/Profiles/display.cfm?ID=788 [/url]
Re: African Country ,You Won't Find A Nigerian In ? by PapaBrowne(m): 3:21pm On Aug 21, 2012
Sudan home to the largest Nigerian population of any destination country?

Why is Sudan home to the largest Nigerian population of any destination country? The most common explanation is a long history of sociocultural ties between Sudan and northern Nigeria, where most Nigerians in Sudan are from. Also, northern Nigerians who travel over land for the annual Islamic pilgrimage to Saudi Arabia go through Sudan, and many have settled there over the years.

In the 1993 Sudanese census, West Africans, under the label Nigerian tribes, were estimated to be about 1.4 million, or 7.4 percent of northern Sudan's total population. The Hausa in Sudan, who work mainly in agriculture, are believed to be the largest Hausa diaspora in the world. The Fulani among them can be divided into cattle owners and urbanized Fulani, while most of the Kanuri, believed to be among the earliest dwellers, have been fully Arabized.

Nigeria's ambassador to Sudan between 2005 and 2007, Mr. Dahiru Suleiman, was quoted in the Nigerian media as saying that Nigerians hold positions in the Sudanese government and the security services like the police but that most are subsistence farmers, poor and poorly educated.

Recent actions of the Sudanese government suggest concerns about the legal status of these settlers. In March 2010, it was widely reported that Sudan deported 58 Nigerians, all northerners, and most of them women. The Sudanese authority said that some of the deportees had fake/ expired travel documents. However, journalist Ajikanle Nurudeen reported that the deportees were sent home because they were a nuisance to Sudan, as most of the deported women were blind and were beggers.

In recent years, Sudan has become a destination for younger Nigerians for work and study. BBC Sport journalist Oluwashina Okeleji reported that Nigerian footballers play in the Sudanese league to get on the radar of European scouts and hope to ultimately move to Europe.

[url]http://www.migrationinformation.org/Profiles/display.cfm?ID=788 [/url]
[/quote]

1 Like

Re: African Country ,You Won't Find A Nigerian In ? by onatisi(m): 3:26pm On Aug 21, 2012
there is no point arguing this issue nigerians are in juba , south sudan , anyone that thinks otherwise should be left to live in his or her fools paradise
Re: African Country ,You Won't Find A Nigerian In ? by adesojiaderemi(m): 3:29pm On Aug 21, 2012
baqina: No Nigerian will be found in Haiti also..I might b wrong thou..

Nigerian bogu for Haiti like craze.
Re: African Country ,You Won't Find A Nigerian In ? by Malachite: 3:32pm On Aug 21, 2012
gallivant:

This is beautiful as it is i hope Sudan Government dose not spoil it with electricity. Sometimes quality of life for the people cannot be measured in electricity.
Re: African Country ,You Won't Find A Nigerian In ? by drzed: 3:32pm On Aug 21, 2012
baqina: No Nigerian will be found in Haiti also..I might b wrong thou..

Nigerians boku for Haiti, my brother.
Fact.
Re: African Country ,You Won't Find A Nigerian In ? by dasparrow: 3:59pm On Aug 21, 2012
gallivant:

You are missing the point.Africans dont like Nigerians in their countries.Unemployment is already high,we dont need foreigners making it any worse.

And you think Nigerians like Africans living in Nigeria? Get real! We have a high unemployment rate in Nigeria too yet there are many Africans living in Nigeria and mixing in with the Nigerian populace knowing they won't get caught since Nigeria has over 150 million citizens. You Africans don't like Nigerians yet you don't stay away from them or their forum. Oh the irony! I should be made immigration minister in Nigeria because I will clean house beginning with all the two faced hateful africans living in Nigeria.

I will be back on this thread to make sure my post did not disappear

1 Like

Re: African Country ,You Won't Find A Nigerian In ? by daffur: 4:04pm On Aug 21, 2012
Fo@lz paradise and world you are living in. Daffur is not as stable as South Sudan, yet Nigerians are there. As both an AU/UN Peace Keeper, I met countless Hausas, even amongs their Police and Armed Forces. And wait for it, l bought some stuff from a group of Yoruba guys.

timmy1999: After careful examination and research..I reach the conclusion that the only country in africa that you won't find a nigerian living in..is no other place than SUDAN..Now SOUTH SUDAN..the kind of poverty ravaging that country, is way beyond any comprehension.everything there is against them.EG the weather,the Sun always very hot there,most sudan are black cos of the sun,malnutrition,infrastructure problem..no light..just to mention a few....I don't think any nigerian will risk his life to go hustle for sudan..OR I may be wrong..if you are a nigerian living in sudan...share your views

1 Like

Re: African Country ,You Won't Find A Nigerian In ? by Lordmike: 4:18pm On Aug 21, 2012
Guy, this post in 100% wrong. have you seen Lagos Nigeria in CNN before where they showed River and fishermen. I travelled from Kanya to SS last week for a Business trip and feasibility study I can tell you that the Country is not as we see in TV and Internet, though not looking like Abuja the capital of my country but is not terrible as you are painting please. I met some Nigerians who recently relocated to SS. FYI-there is great opportunities in SS so hurry and go there.

1 Like

Re: African Country ,You Won't Find A Nigerian In ? by ACM10: 4:18pm On Aug 21, 2012
Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, MSc. (Islamic Studies), Sudan undecided
Re: African Country ,You Won't Find A Nigerian In ? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Aug 21, 2012
Ops shatta-up n take corrections 4rm those dat knws it, hw cn u say there no naija livin in s.sudan @ present? U ve 2 wakeup cos u re dreaming. Hw cn u argue ignorantly, its really obvious u re a school-boy, jst kip mute n learn ok.

1 Like

Re: African Country ,You Won't Find A Nigerian In ? by Redstone(m): 4:51pm On Aug 21, 2012
Nah only bush dey south Sudan? Maybe it is a land of suya and sushi.
Re: African Country ,You Won't Find A Nigerian In ? by tadysmart(m): 5:00pm On Aug 21, 2012
Dhelake: hope i no go wounjure ma self wit laff today ... @op ... Itz like u dont really undastand what is called d Nigerian spirit ... If no Nigerian is there ... Xo sure our igbo brothers ar there ... They maximize little opportunities .... The civil unrest is a money making opportunity ...

Gbam!!! The poster didn't in that direction
Re: African Country ,You Won't Find A Nigerian In ? by tadysmart(m): 5:00pm On Aug 21, 2012
Dhelake: hope i no go wounjure ma self wit laff today ... @op ... Itz like u dont really undastand what is called d Nigerian spirit ... If no Nigerian is there ... Xo sure our igbo brothers ar there ... They maximize little opportunities .... The civil unrest is a money making opportunity ...

Gbam!!! The poster didn't think in that direction
Re: African Country ,You Won't Find A Nigerian In ? by tadysmart(m): 5:06pm On Aug 21, 2012
rebecca167: Di anyi, i will advice u 2 do u research wellar b4 u post. Am an anambra guy Currently reside at south sudan, plus during well in my boutique bizness after my nysc 4 (9ija) no job . Guys a lot of opportunity full here if u invest ur money weller.....many of us here frm 9ija, we import frm china. So timmy dont say wot u dont knw. South sudan is full of opportunity if u re with ur benjamin. ( got 2 go)

Tell him,he doesn't know Igboman like me and you. He was probably pampered so much,he won't understand some of us from easter Nigeria nay Biafra
Re: African Country ,You Won't Find A Nigerian In ? by AK481(m): 5:07pm On Aug 21, 2012
I m currently in south sudan,where I m d king of a village
Re: African Country ,You Won't Find A Nigerian In ? by tadysmart(m): 5:13pm On Aug 21, 2012
dasparrow:

And you think Nigerians like Africans living in Nigeria? Get real! We have a high unemployment rate in Nigeria too yet there are many Africans living in Nigeria and mixing in with the Nigerian populace knowing they won't get caught since Nigeria has over 150 million citizens. You Africans don't like Nigerians yet you don't stay away from them or their forum. Oh the irony! I should be made immigration minister in Nigeria because I will clean house beginning with all the two faced hateful africans living in Nigeria.

I will be back on this thread to make sure my post did not disappear

You post won't disappear the poster must be a fear fear man,from possibly a rich home don't blame him. Ask him the meaning of hustle,he sure doesn't know.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fire Razes Boats At Bonny-Bille-Nembe Jetty In Rivers State, Many Feared Dead / Ugwu Onyeama Federal Road In Enugu: A Death Trap (Photos, Video) / Commuters, Vehicles Stranded On Flooded Odo-Iyalaro Bridge, Ikorodu Road, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.