Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,828 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead (6954 Views)

Nigeria's Communication Minister Is Dead? / The Self-appointment Of Buhari As Petroleum Minister Is Unconstitutional - Epaul / EFCC Swoops On Diezani’s Residence In Abuja As Ex-minister Is Arrested In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by Nobody: 5:06pm On Dec 29, 2007
It took al qaeda more than 2 yrs to eventually own up to 9-11
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by kamlawal(m): 7:20pm On Dec 29, 2007
Benazir Bhutto was a woman with lion's heart who was courageous enough to go back to her country despite the fact that she was surrounded by the enemy.
I don't think we can get a family in naija that is ready to sacrifice any of it's member for the the love of this country.
Benazir lost her father, two brothers including her self for the love of pakistan people.
What is the killer's gain by killing the woman and himself through detonation of bomb?
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by Nobody: 7:42pm On Dec 29, 2007
kamlawal:

Benazir Bhutto was a woman with lion's heart who was courageous enough to go back to her country despite the fact that she was surrounded by the enemy.
[b]I don't think we can get a family in naija that is ready to sacrifice any of it's member for the the love of this country.[/b]Benazir lost her father, two brothers including her self for the love of pakistan people.
What is the killer's gain by killing the woman and himself through detonation of bomb?

Hmmmmh, what we know how to do best is to play politics with our mouth no action. lipsrsealed
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by naijaking1: 7:58pm On Dec 29, 2007
kamlawal:

I don't think we can get a family in naija that is ready to sacrifice any of it's member for the the love of this country.
Benazir lost her father, two brothers including her self for the love of pakistan people.

You said it better than I did earlier.
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by Iman3(m): 8:46pm On Dec 29, 2007
Uche2nna:

The pakistani people are the ones blaming Musharaf [/b]while the Government is quick in laying the blame on al-qaida. Al-aqaida to my knowledge has not owned up ( undecided) , something they are fond of doing. That raises a red flag for me.

[b]Now what makes You absolutely sure that the Pakistani people are wrong and that [b]You
are rite?[/b]

Good evening Mr Gallup!You certainly have a finger on the pulse of the Pakistani nation.I guess you have rounded up all of them in your house,all 140 million,and they informed you about who they blame.

The Pakistani people are a diverse lot with diverse viewpoints .Many,especially Bhutto supporters,blame Musharaf.Some blame him for not providing enough protection,some for actually being responsible for the killing. Some blame elements within the security,with or without Musharaf's acquiescence,of being culpable somewhat either directly or indirectly.

Some claim the killing may have been carried out together with al-Qaeda,some say it may have been carried out alone by certain members of the security services.

The point is that the Pakistani people have not all claimed that Musharaf killed Bhutto.Its amazing seeing people making sweeping claims about the entire nation of Pakistan.For God's sake,there are actually many Pakistanis who are probably delighted that Bhutto is dead. We should always recognise the diversity of a people and not make lazy assumptions .

Another issue is why you seem to think the US is somewhat culpable for the actions of Musharaf. It is clear the US supported Bhutto and that they saw her as more reliable partner than Musharaf,how the US can be blamed for her death is beyond me
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by otokx(m): 8:54pm On Dec 29, 2007
Pakistan seems to be the centre of Hell. The Devil surely has his residence there; if its not train derailment, its a bomb blast. Imagine the number of people that have been killed there this year, it might be more than afghanistan that is at war.
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by omoge(f): 11:05pm On Dec 29, 2007
R.I.P Lady Benazir Bhutto sad.
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by Albato(m): 12:46pm On Dec 30, 2007
This is one of the things you must expect as a politician or aspiring leader. Leadership is not meant for cowards. She was not a coward. Its a great sacrifice.
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by astronp7(m): 1:15pm On Dec 30, 2007
Benazir Bhutto, may her soul rest in peace. Who knows when peace will return to this region of the world.
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by romeo(m): 5:45pm On Dec 30, 2007
Bhuttos's 19yr old son to replace her as party chairman!! sheer madness shocked shocked
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by Nobody: 6:30pm On Dec 30, 2007
"FANATICAL al-Qaeda warlord Baitullah Mehsud was last night named as the mastermind behind the murder of Pakistani politician Benazir Bhutto.

Officials released a transcript of a phone call in which the bloodthirsty Islamic militant can be heard gloating about Thursday’s suicide bomb horror in Rawalpindi.

Evil Mehsud, 34, who always masks his face, calls the atrocity “spectacular” and praises the “very brave boys” behind the attack. "
The Sun newspaper

Can we lay this case to rest now?
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by Uche2nna(m): 2:31am On Dec 31, 2007
hmmmmmmmm, scratching my chin
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by U1(m): 11:15am On Dec 31, 2007
What has happened is a shame on this world. I was at the cyber cafe, browsing, when I heard on the 4pm Radio Nigeria News roundup that the beautiful woman had been assasinated, I was shaken greatly. What a waste, why do good people have to die so. It's at times like this that I really appreciate my country because, at least for now, we don't have such extremity as suicide bombing.
May Benazir Bhutto and all the departed rest in peace. Amen. Life is transient, so let's submit to the will of the Almighty.
Sad to hear her 19-year-old son on the BBC saying that after his education in England, he is going to continue from where his mother stopped. How sad!
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by peteroby(m): 12:18pm On Dec 31, 2007
I'm only surprised she lasted this long,
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by darfur(m): 12:19pm On Dec 31, 2007
otokx:

Pakistan seems to be the centre of Hell. The Devil surely has his residence there; if its not train derailment, its a bomb blast. Imagine the number of people that have been killed there this year, it might be more than afghanistan that is at war.

sorry bro, on the contrary, i think the devil resides in nigeria. a nation where there is absolutely no shame in corruption, a fight against the anti corruption chief is done openly with the tacit support of govt. you talk of how many lives that have been lost in pakistan this yr, but you have no idea how many lives have been lost in nigeria due to corruption. before you finish reading this post, perhaps one child has died of malaria in nigeria. that would have been averted if there was good health care in equipped hospitals in nigeria or if the parents were rich enough to seek medical attention in time which would have been possible if there were less corruption. polio has almost been wiped out in the world today except in few countries, less than 10 countries. . . . including the giant of africa, . . naija
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by seun001(m): 3:50pm On Dec 31, 2007
romeo:

Bhuttos's 19yr old son to replace her as party chairman!! sheer madness shocked shocked

power intoxicates,absolute power kills.
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by Jeffreyese: 4:20pm On Dec 31, 2007
This is a sad occurrence. It demonstrates the madness of islam practiced in the middle east and the fears of having such persons possess a nuclear arsenal.
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by Uche2nna(m): 10:31pm On Dec 31, 2007
@ Romeo

Complete madness ,my brother.

I am even more surprised about the case of the husband. Someone who had spent 11 yrs in jail over charges of corruption and blackmail is now the "caretaker" of the party.
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by Uche2nna(m): 10:55pm On Dec 31, 2007
@ I man

Oga, I thot Gallup was reserved for George Horace undecided Just post ur piece and forget about name calling , abeg.
However, that does not remove anything from the validity of ur point. Not all Pakistani people are blaming Musharaf for the killing just as not all Pakistani people blame al-qaida. However, somebody has pointed to the fact that al-qaida has owned up. Well, that narrows it down quite a bit for me.

As for the US seeing Bhutto as a more dependable ally than Musharraf, I dont know about that. But one thing I know is dat the US has no long term ally or foe. U are only relevant as far as thier plan includes you. Once that plans changes, then U are very expendable.
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by focused(m): 4:24am On Jan 01, 2008
@Poster :

I was really sad when I heard the news that she was assassinated. My sympathy goes to her family. She was a very brave woman, who love her country and was really to sacrifice her life for it.

Honestly she left herself vulnerable to terrorist and assassin who are arch enemies of democracy. Ideally in a democratic setting, she is suppose to be able to reach out to everyone, which is what she was doing, but not in that dangerous Islamic country called Pakistan

She was killed by three bullet shot. The suicide bomber who killed her, shot the first bullet on her head and later fired two shot on her neck before blowing himself and others into bits. They were three people who were amongst the crowd in Riwalpindi, just to carry out the murderous job.

I suspect Pervez Musharraf, and his military intelligence murder machine because she was a strong opposition and she is also an intelligent woman and because she has challenged the military before. No wonder she was assassinated in Riwalpindi

I wonder how they will be able to fight the war on terror because Pervez Musharraf (The military junta) has lost trust both at home and abroad, because she wanted to be a life president. Also the billions, US, has been giving to him to fight this terror problem, was going to his pockets. He has not been able to defeat the terror who reign supreme at the mountainous border between Afghanistan and Pakistan, where probably Osama bin laden is .
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by focused(m): 4:28am On Jan 01, 2008

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

That is true. It is the centre of hell. You can see what Islamic religion is causing ? May God help us (Amen)
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by Iman3(m): 4:38am On Jan 01, 2008
@Uche

If you purport to accurately represent the views of 140m Pakistani people,then you are NL's Mr Gallup grin
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by crisngige(m): 8:09pm On Jan 03, 2008
her 19 year old son is the new leader of her party.talk about dynasty.
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by Nobody: 4:55am On Jan 04, 2008
very sad
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by mashaun(m): 7:36am On Jan 04, 2008
Believe it or not, US and George Bush have hands in this! Is the idea of a coup [as suggested by Pervez Musharraf and supported by George Bush] a means of surviving in democracy?

To make matters worse, Pervex has just spilled innocence blood because of his greed for power. But one thing is sure: What goes around, comes around. Pervez should wait for his own bloody death-day.

proudly nigerian

KOKO

Are you saying she chopped money?
OSANOBUA!!!!!!!!!
was she madam Etteh in a hijab?
I didn't know that part o

she still didn't deserve to be killed like a dog.
No one deserves to die in such an undignified manner
[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]

MAKE YOUR POSITION CLARIFIED.
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by onyekang1(f): 3:04pm On Jan 08, 2008
really sad! cry cry cry cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lagos Demolishes Apapa Amusement Park For Security Reason / Is There Environmental Tomorrow? / British Politician Chides Nigerian Press For Their Negativity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.