Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,264 members, 7,818,893 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead (6955 Views)

Nigeria's Communication Minister Is Dead? / The Self-appointment Of Buhari As Petroleum Minister Is Unconstitutional - Epaul / EFCC Swoops On Diezani’s Residence In Abuja As Ex-minister Is Arrested In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by Nobody: 11:01pm On Dec 27, 2007
nazzyon:

Now we do not know the cause of her death; although it has many strings attached to it.

We know the cause of her death - she was killed by a suicide bomber and it is alleged that al qaeda has taken responsibility for the assassination.

To pretend that this is not the handiwork of islamists is to play the ostrich.
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by Islander(f): 11:13pm On Dec 27, 2007
Another good soul wiped out for no valid reason. Just landed and received this sad news. Bhutto has been assasinated, Though details are sketchy I ampositively sure the "Mighty" USA has some ties in this one as well. Afterall it appears as though my fellow Islander Fidel has been the only one to have eluded the traps of the so-called Peace maker of the West,

Too bad the coward blew his useless life away too. We would have liked nothing but to hear his side of the story,

Gone too soon! May her departed soul finds peace!!
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by ikamefa(f): 11:15pm On Dec 27, 2007
She should have seen the hand-writting on the wall

may her soul rest in peace

politics a dirty! dirty! game cry
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by hollandis(f): 11:22pm On Dec 27, 2007
This is not the handiwork of the United States.
Contrary to popular belief,she was killed by the enemies of US.She was a true progressive.May her gentle, militant and ever -vibrant soul rest in perfect peace .
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by naijaking1: 11:28pm On Dec 27, 2007
Pakistan: I have always suspected a country created out of India just for Islamic extremists, controlled by an omnipotent army that does not answer to the people(just like Nigerian army), propped and supported by the West as a counter-point to the non-aligned India.
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by lailai2(m): 11:40pm On Dec 27, 2007
RIP BB

USA USA USA USA USA USA, hw many times did i cal u??
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by mendax: 11:45pm On Dec 27, 2007
@lai lai, babasin, others
abiola, abacha USA, everybody dat dies USA,
comin 2 think of it,
its true, even my grand mother in the grave was killed by USA!!!
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by proxies(m): 11:55pm On Dec 27, 2007
;d ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by naijawebe(m): 11:55pm On Dec 27, 2007
Mr Tayo-D,

The pronunciation is CHILDREN as in CHILD-REN, not the way it is written and pronounced BY YOU the Yoruba way "shildren" and you live in the US just like I do, and we always hear those pronunciations here all the time. Those who has stolen Nigeria's wealth for their personal benefits should all be assassinated just like Bhuto. I am talking about people like babagida, igbinedion, ibori, aneni, useni abacha's son et all. For we Nigerians being cowards and so scared to do what has just happened to Bhuto. Just one person did that, because Bhuto and her family has stolen so much from the country and someone have got to pay for it. Remember, her father and a cross section of her family were also assassinated a while back. We should always have the courage to do this in Nigeria, because not until we start killing these shameless leaders, no leader, I repeat, no leader will ever take us very seriously, not even the soft-spoken Yar-radua. "UNEASY LIES THE HEAD THAT WEARS THE CROWN"

"WHAT EVER YOU WANT TO DO, DO IT NOW. THERE ARE ONLY SO MANY TOMORROWS"

"FREEDOM IS A POWERFUL ANIMAL THAT FIGHTS THE BARRIERS, AND SOMETIMES MAKES PEOPLE WISH FOR HIGHER FENCES"

"THE WORD WERE BETTER WORDLESS, IF THE EAR PERCEIVE IT NOT. SO, SPEAK OUT, THAT ALL MAY HEAR"

"DETRACTION DURING A MAN’S LIFETIME AFFORDS NO TEST OF HIS LIFE’S VALUE NOR OFFERS ANY FORCAST OF HISTORY VERDICT. IT WOULD ALMOST SEEM AS IF THE GLORY OF IMMORTALITY WERE ANTICIPATED IN THE LIFE OF THE GREAT BY DETRACTION AND DENIAL WHILST YET THEY LIVED"
sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by lailai2(m): 12:20am On Dec 28, 2007
mendax:

@lai lai, babasin, others
abiola, abacha USA, everybody that dies USA,
comin 2 think of it,
its true, even my grand mother in the grave was killed by USA!!!

i guess USA even killed your dog

on a serious note, if you've been following the polical scene in pakistan, u would hav a perspective just like everyone, i would like to hear your perspective, that was mine
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by Albato(m): 12:30am On Dec 28, 2007
I was moved to an exclamation when I saw this sad news on yahoo today. Infact it was bound to happen. I could almost say she was a bit carefree. Almost as if she was daring it to happen. Fearlessness is a nice virtue to have as a leader but to throw your life away like this while trying to serve is the most unfortunate thing that can happen. Musharaf and Alqueda will be happy now.
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by seabiotics(m): 12:46am On Dec 28, 2007
davidylan:

We know the cause of her death - she was killed by a suicide bomber and it is alleged that al qaeda has taken responsibility for the assassination. To pretend that this is not the handiwork of islamists is to play the ostrich. [color=#990000][/color]

Word.

lai-lai:

i guess USA even killed your dog. on a serious note, if you've been following the polical scene in pakistan, u would hav a perspective just like everyone, i would like to hear your perspective, that was mine

Then may I respectfully submit that your perspective is skewed. Yes, anyone can have a perspective on the turn of political events as it unfolds in any country. But there is a caveat: it has to be rational and based on objective idealism. In passing, any astute political analyst will refrain from remarking that the US is complicit in the death of Benazir Bhutto. (R.I.P)
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by Hsmpwise(m): 12:50am On Dec 28, 2007
Shalom!

No matter the the view point subscribed to, the fact remains that the world is becoming unsafe with each passing minute. Brothers and Sisters, we live in troubled times. This is the message i derive from these sad world events. Benazir Bhutto has paid the ultimate debt, may her soul rest in peace. The suddenly divined involvement of America remains the typical Nigerian conjecture. We seem to have a ready made answer to all world tragedies, yet failed to find solutions to our own burning national problems. The important thing at this stage is the unnecessary loss of a soul that has done so much to impact on national and international politics. The key thing is to find a solution to a religious dogma and fanaticism that is making the world an impossible place to live in. One that is doing everything possible to reverse civilisation. These are really troubled times!!

Benazir Bhutto, may your soul rest in perfect peace!! sad
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by Mariory(m): 1:11am On Dec 28, 2007
This is another of many reminders that the evil people of this world do not go on vacation, do not dialogue, and do not give a shit about human rights. We will forget this one quickly till the next reminder happens.
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by naijaking1: 1:15am On Dec 28, 2007
All fingers point to Islamic terrorists.
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by Nobody: 2:02am On Dec 28, 2007
una  no go kill me with laughter
So it was Bush that turned my would be Coco nut rice into fufu grin
Lord have mercy!
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by speciexl(m): 2:08am On Dec 28, 2007
i knew she was gonna die. then definately, she'd have known that she was gonna die. my question now is, why tha heck did she come back in da first place eh
you know, one of the greatest mystery of mankind is how people act against their their own self interest. well i feel real bad sha sad
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by naijaking1: 2:13am On Dec 28, 2007
speciexl:

i knew she was going to die. then definately, she'd have known that she was going to die. my question now is, why tha heck did she come back in da first place eh
you know, one of the greatest mystery of mankind is how people act against their their own self interest. well i feel real bad sha sad

She thought she had a calling.
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by Nobody: 2:44am On Dec 28, 2007
I read that the poor husband was in Dubai when his love was murdered in cold blood.
That must have been devastating
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by naijaking1: 2:51am On Dec 28, 2007
I just heard that she'd written to Musharaff, complaing about the reduction in her security details, stating that if anything should happen to her, 3 top members of the Pakistani army should be held responsible.

Musharaff also has much to benefit from her not being around for the upcoming election.
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by redsun(m): 2:57am On Dec 28, 2007
Reptileans,blood suckers,there is more to political games than see eyes,an orchestrated way of keeping the commoners down.It's been on for centuries,breaking the circle will take alot of sacrifice,just like she did,she knew what she was into,but she din't want to cave in to threat and intimidations,it is like being dead alive,cowards die twice before their death.She has beaten death,just like christ,ultimate sacrifice for others to be free.taking the bull by the horn,don't get me wrong,there is nothing spiritual about it,it is just common sense and selflessness,with ever present human ambition and need to do better.
She lives on.
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by deedami(m): 3:23am On Dec 28, 2007
In her interview on CNN. she said it herself, and she saw it coming, she offered herself as a sacrifice.
Her dad was killed politically, her elder brother, formed a party in exile came home to take his spot and was killed, and Now her ! ! !
but i really believe it is the Taliban/Al Quaeda millitants, because she was REALLY against them and STILL plans to fight them when she gets in power, soo they'll do wateva to take her out.
besides, who shoots sumone and then blow up himself and kill 22 other people.
JUDGEMENNT AND DEATH IS IN THEIR WAY ! ! !
RIP BENAZIR BHUTTO
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by naijaking1: 3:33am On Dec 28, 2007
Did Musharaff do enough to protect her? No. She complained herself.
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by lailai2(m): 3:37am On Dec 28, 2007
@seabiotics
so how many political analysts have u heard their opinions, thats also your perspective(ust like i said b4)

@odas
i also wondered y she came back, she may have gotten some assurances, even if she had did,i tink she could stil see d situation on the ground wen she came back, it was stil too volatile
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by Kobojunkie: 3:41am On Dec 28, 2007
lai-lai:

i guess USA even killed your dog

on a serious note, if you've been following the polical scene in pakistan, u would hav a perspective just like everyone, i would like to hear your perspective, that was mine

I doubt you have been following the politics in that country yourself. Bhutti happened to be the Western ticket to change in Pakistan. She was supposed to work in alliance with the now president to see change in that country. Last month or so, the president of pakistan messed up and got the western friends miffed and so all eyes were on Bhutto to go ahead and make things right but now she is dead. Means the west no longer have their inside person to work towards the plan for democracy. I really would love to wake up one day and see more and more Nigerians actually following things as they happen and being objective instead of going around with ridiculous stories no matter how silly those stories are. She was shot and then bombed by a suicide bomber by an islamic. What in that MO shouts USA  Even the people who were there did not point the finger at the USA but at the president as suspect and then the terrorists cause they actually saw it all happen right there. How did you come up with it being the work of the USA in a country like Pakistan where the west has almost no other allies

Please actually spend some time reading about the woman and you would know that she knew what she was getting into but went ahead anyways. There are tons of interviews online for you to listen to and actually read to understand what the situation really was.

http://www.theseminal.com/2007/09/14/conversation-pakistan-no-4-%E2%80%94-bhuttos-return/

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/7082827.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/7148656.stm
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by lailai2(m): 3:54am On Dec 28, 2007
@kobojunkie
if u know the way USA weaves its magic wand, u won't hav a problem wondering how i could point the fingers at USA(though u could it point it out to me that USA was not involved in this case but they are sure capable), USA's actions seen from analytical point tend to prefer chaos and unstability in countries of interest just b4 they are about to get fully involved, in this case USA knew what was on ground and put their public backing on bhutto, they(USA) knew how unsafe it was in pakistan if she came back and did not urge or recommend average-level security for her talkless of them even providing security for someone they are actually meant to support.they knew she had no chance, its even a surprise she has survived this long. this is just what they calculated, there's bound to be chaos now in pakistan considering the size of her supporters, we'll see USA's reaction sooner or later
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by lailai2(m): 3:57am On Dec 28, 2007
ive read all the links you've posted and there's nothing new there i haven't read,
and i hope you know the media is also a very powerful tool for the west
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by naijaking1: 4:03am On Dec 28, 2007
This incident has been less than 24hr, despite lack of evidence pointing accusing fingers at anybody now, we need to reserve judgement and see what unfolds within the next couple of days.

The US, Musharaff, al quida, etc remain suspects until more information is released and appreciated.
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by lailai2(m): 4:11am On Dec 28, 2007
u rite naijaking1, but that 'information' might not just be information, only GOD will have the real information
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by naijaking1: 4:22am On Dec 28, 2007
Information as in 'CIA killed Mulumba of Congo, and the Islamic brotherhood of Egypt killed Sadat, etc'.

I know God has all the information, but with time most information come down to our level.
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by lailai2(m): 4:32am On Dec 28, 2007
time wil tell
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by MP007(m): 5:01am On Dec 28, 2007
The death of bhutto did not surprised me at all. How in the world do u expect bhutto , a harvard graduate to survive the animosity of the mideast?

She died because of american's foreign policy of "do it our way or the hard way", we are seeing the product of the idea of spreading democracy in the heart of the middle east. you have not seen nothing yet, stay tuned.

let nigeria restrict its relationship with america to business only because I do not see nigeria surviving if we are labelled or if we accept the role of "key-ally" in the war against terror.

let[b] the people in the middle east live their lives and stop telling countries and nations what to do like u own them, protect your own borders and people(air [/b] space and water).I bet u , america will soon increase its global military base from 700 to 1000

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tribunal Sacks Benue Speaker, Declares ACN Candidate Winner . / UPDATES: Immediate Observations From Buhari's Declaration. / Adedeji Doherty Blames Lack Of Structure For PDP's Loses In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.