Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,366 members, 7,815,784 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

Re-development Of N29B Ketu-Ikorodu Road Underway - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Re-development Of N29B Ketu-Ikorodu Road Underway (11806 Views)

Boko Haram Defeated, Chibok Girls Rescue Underway, Says Buratai / Move To Reconclile Shiites And The Nigerian Army Underway (letter). / Stable Power Supply Underway , Says Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Re-development Of N29B Ketu-Ikorodu Road Underway by Demdem(m): 6:09pm On Aug 22, 2012
gidiMonsta:

Its a federal road, its the last leg of d the Ikorodu road.

Bro, i dont think ketu-Ikorodu is federal
Re: Re-development Of N29B Ketu-Ikorodu Road Underway by PeterKbaba: 6:22pm On Aug 22, 2012
Okija_juju:

Why you dey reason like fowl?!

Lagos that is doing all these was built with federal government money o!!

Outside of Lagos, name one other Yoruba state, town or city that is as developed as lagos?!

All Lagos is doing is capitalizing on what the Federal Government has done for them..

Dont ever take shots at Ndi Igbos like that ever again.. angry

Do you know how much IGR Lagos State makes?! Compare it with Anambra State that has never been a Country Capital.

What about Calabar which was a former capital.

Re: Re-development Of N29B Ketu-Ikorodu Road Underway by geeez: 6:27pm On Aug 22, 2012
Okija_juju:

Outside of Lagos, name one other Yoruba state, town or city that is as developed as lagos?!

All Lagos is doing is capitalizing on what the Federal Government has done for them..

You're the local fowl

How come Lagos State generates N27bn per month, up from N600m in 1999 which back then wasn't too far from what Anambra was generating in IGR?

This particular project is a synergy between Lagos and Ogun states so tell me something about nothing happening in other states. You also must have missed that part of the news where south western states gathered and strategized on economic coooperation and this is a fall out of one of their resolutions.

Do you know how much IGR Lagos State makes?! Compare it with Anambra State that has never been a Country Capital.

Re: Re-development Of N29B Ketu-Ikorodu Road Underway by 2helpu(m): 6:28pm On Aug 22, 2012
The Ketu-Ikorodu road is a Federal Road but the Lagos state govt decided to do it because of a "dead" Federal govt.

1 Like

Re: Re-development Of N29B Ketu-Ikorodu Road Underway by PapaBrowne(m): 7:04pm On Aug 22, 2012
How many kilometres? The cost sounds outarageous for an intra city road!!
Re: Re-development Of N29B Ketu-Ikorodu Road Underway by inspbado(m): 7:51pm On Aug 22, 2012
Believe me the road is really a federal road,just like the badagry express road. It's really annoying that the FG takes a huge chunk of the resources of the federation and yet does absolutely nothing with it!!!
Re: Re-development Of N29B Ketu-Ikorodu Road Underway by mapet: 8:02pm On Aug 22, 2012
This is some welcome news o! I was born and bred in Ketu. I lived in Ikorodu for 8yrs and trust me traffic turned me into something else. I use to spend 3.5-to-4hrs daily on the average when going back home every evening from VI. I got so bad that I joined the bandwagon of taking the Okada option (the only thing I shied away from was sitting 2 passengers). Any festive period, we stayed at home throughout as traffic prevented us from leaving Ikorodu.....

The road is long overdue for fixing..
Re: Re-development Of N29B Ketu-Ikorodu Road Underway by mapet: 8:04pm On Aug 22, 2012
The whole length of Ikorodu road is a federal road. Even up to Sagamu road that leads to mosinmi.
inspbado: Believe me the road is really a federal road,just like the badagry express road. It's really annoying that the FG takes a huge chunk of the resources of the federation and yet does absolutely nothing with it!!!
Re: Re-development Of N29B Ketu-Ikorodu Road Underway by rodeo0070(m): 8:14pm On Aug 22, 2012
Okija_juju:

Okija you don't H̲̣̣̣̥ɑ̤̥̈̊vє̲̣̥ to insult the guy to make ur point.
Back to your post.
You are quite right about the IGR and allocation stuff concerning Lagos state. But I think other states too can make a difference with their "small allocation and IGR". After all, we do read d dailies as to how some of these elected officials "manage" the finances of their respective states. Corruption and money laundering tales here and there yet they choose to make people believe that they can't make a significant contribution to the states' development based on their allocation and all those noise.
The issue of lack of funds, limited IGR,etc are just smoke screen and a way of justifying their inadequacies. You don't H̲̣̣̣̥ɑ̤̥̈̊vє̲̣̥ be a governor of Lagos state to perform. Even if u allocate the whole resources of the country to one state, and the state lacks a committed and right thinking govt., they are doomed.
My point is that allocation or IGR and right thinking,focused/ committed Government are separate but are linked if both H̲̣̣̣̥ɑ̤̥̈̊vє̲̣̥ the chance to meet one another.
I could be wrong though...
Re: Re-development Of N29B Ketu-Ikorodu Road Underway by lastpage: 8:20pm On Aug 22, 2012
I have seen too many of this "Chinese Shakara" to start clapping or shouting Halleluyaah! wink

Let me see them finish the road within one year, let me watch the road undergo just one season of rainfall, if it is still standing, then l will give both Fashola and the Chinese lads A STANDING OVATION.

Until then, my fingers are crossed and l am holding my breath.

Lastpage!
Re: Re-development Of N29B Ketu-Ikorodu Road Underway by Duke007(m): 8:49pm On Aug 22, 2012
Demdem:

The Retardeen is in charge of that.
where are your manners.ve some respect for yah leaders
Re: Re-development Of N29B Ketu-Ikorodu Road Underway by maigaskiya1: 9:27pm On Aug 22, 2012
geeez: Why are the Yoruba people this progressive? If the Niger Bridge connected Lagos and Ogun, you bet another would have been built long before now and if Ibadan was Onitsha, the Yoruba people won't wait for the FG to dredge the Niger River

These guys don't wait for handouts from the FG but take charge and make things happen
ure a noise maker
Re: Re-development Of N29B Ketu-Ikorodu Road Underway by maigaskiya1: 9:30pm On Aug 22, 2012
geeez: Why are the Yoruba people this progressive? If the Niger Bridge connected Lagos and Ogun, you bet another would have been built long before now and if Ibadan was Onitsha, the Yoruba people won't wait for the FG to dredge the Niger River

These guys don't wait for handouts from the FG but take charge and make things happen
ure a noise maker
mapet: The whole length of Ikorodu road is a federal road. Even up to Sagamu road that leads to mosinmi.

ure a noise maker then suport d clarion cal 4 resource control
Re: Re-development Of N29B Ketu-Ikorodu Road Underway by Demdem(m): 9:53pm On Aug 22, 2012
Duke007: where are your manners.ve some respect for yah leaders

will u shut the ffuck and face the topic of discussion.
Re: Re-development Of N29B Ketu-Ikorodu Road Underway by ajadek(m): 10:22pm On Aug 22, 2012
We still dey fool our self for this country upon level of our education,goverment want to do their responsibily we dey hail them.they take 70% to their personal acct and give us 30% we still dey hail them.u konw how much lagos is making every month 50% of what fg is making.god heal my people and open our eyes to fight for our right
Re: Re-development Of N29B Ketu-Ikorodu Road Underway by Abbey2sam(m): 11:41pm On Aug 22, 2012
Negolistic: Just hope is for real this time cos u can really trust our government this days. Our government can make speech but fail to act. they promise alot but fail to actualise.
seems you don't understand english or can't read properly...to soften the english for you"the construction sight has been mounted.
Re: Re-development Of N29B Ketu-Ikorodu Road Underway by Sweetdbest: 12:00am On Aug 23, 2012
What of Ikorodu Shagamu Road through LAPOSTECH? That place is a death trap,because when you pass through Ikorodu, LASPOTECH,Ogijo, NNPC Fasanmi,after Ogjio to Shagamu is a death trap, the road is a killer road and during rainy season, the road is on-passable.

Please let Ogun state government and Lagos state government look into this and rehabilitate that road as it is in a bad state.
Re: Re-development Of N29B Ketu-Ikorodu Road Underway by FILEBE(m): 12:55am On Aug 23, 2012
ajadek: We still dey fool our self for this country upon level of our education,goverment want to do their responsibily we dey hail them.they take 70% to their personal acct and give us 30% we still dey hail them.u konw how much lagos is making every month 50% of what fg is making.god heal my people and open our eyes to fight for our right

At least them dis one dey do something we dey see with the money. E nor beta pass the ones wey nor dy do anytin ni?
Re: Re-development Of N29B Ketu-Ikorodu Road Underway by Genius100: 2:36am On Aug 23, 2012
Okija_juju:

Who is this dullard? What has the federal government done for Lagos? Pre-Fashola, why did we not see the so called impact of the FG on Lagos? What was the IGR when Lagos was the Nation capital? The fact that Lagos has a lot of IGR means that it is well run and governed. You think say generating IGR na moi moi? What is stopping Anambra or any other Nigerian state from putting measures in place that will yield a high IGR. Lagos has shown the way; All other states in Nigeria including all the other Yoruba states need to follow..

1 Like

Re: Re-development Of N29B Ketu-Ikorodu Road Underway by dayokanu(m): 5:26am On Aug 23, 2012
Another one from the ACN govt
Re: Re-development Of N29B Ketu-Ikorodu Road Underway by addey(m): 7:29am On Aug 23, 2012
Olalekan 0: 29B naira is well over-bloated. Haba,we need to question the cost of this projects sometimes.
Engr olalekan can u pls tell us how much the project will cost. I don't know why all dis PDP TUGS will not let us be. Tell ur fathers to tell us why dey paid over 1trillion for fuel subsidy while dey burgeted 200 billion naira.
Re: Re-development Of N29B Ketu-Ikorodu Road Underway by Austyno4(m): 7:53am On Aug 23, 2012
gidiMonsta:

Its a federal road, its the last leg of d the Ikorodu road.

its not a federal road, i stay in ikorodu.
Re: Re-development Of N29B Ketu-Ikorodu Road Underway by Nobody: 9:18am On Aug 23, 2012
Ehen... Make I tell my mama make she help me buy that land wey I don dey eye since. cheesy
Re: Re-development Of N29B Ketu-Ikorodu Road Underway by geeez: 9:28am On Aug 23, 2012
Austyno4:
its not a federal road, i stay in ikorodu.

You stay in Ikorodu shouldn't mean a thing. It is a Federal Road
Re: Re-development Of N29B Ketu-Ikorodu Road Underway by Reference(m): 10:31am On Aug 23, 2012
Olalekan 0: 29B naira is well over-bloated. Haba,we need to question the cost of this projects sometimes.

Not necessarily. It is the content and context that counts.
Re: Re-development Of N29B Ketu-Ikorodu Road Underway by Reference(m): 11:12am On Aug 23, 2012
Demdem:

Bro, i dont think ketu-Ikorodu is federal

In my opinion there are two schools of thought that pose challenges going forward here. One relates to ownership, another relates to use.

That road may well bear a Federal seal of ownership right up to Ijebu Ode or wherever but the road has never been contiguous. It has an urban section that spurs from the Ibadan - Lagos - Apapa expressway with a little set back to Mile 12. At this point it becomes a single carraige highway.

That was the way the Feds left it when they shipped out in 91. It may not have been sufficient then but you can hardly blame the Federal government for Lagos urban growth when they have very few assets left there. Neither can you expect them to develop what amounts to two capital cities at the same time.

The urbanisation of Ikorodu is a Lagos thing, normal under state developmental policies and whatever master plan is conceived should include roads so if they expand an urban road where does the Federal government get the blame afterall whatever income is derived as a result of this investment goes to the state.

Lagosians should go easy when trading blame with the Feds over infrastructure because they enjoy the residues of Federal patronage in the same measure as they have to give.
Re: Re-development Of N29B Ketu-Ikorodu Road Underway by Okijajuju1(m): 11:25am On Aug 23, 2012
Genius100:

Who is this dullard? What has the federal government done for Lagos? Pre-Fashola, why did we not see the so called impact of the FG on Lagos? What was the IGR when Lagos was the Nation capital? The fact that Lagos has a lot of IGR means that it is well run and governed. You think say generating IGR na moi moi? What is stopping Anambra or any other Nigerian state from putting measures in place that will yield a high IGR. Lagos has shown the way; All other states in Nigeria including all the other Yoruba states need to follow..

For someone who used "GENIUS" as his User I.D and even called me Dullard, you sound like a r'etarded Anancephalic Quadruplege..

So you have no Idea that up until 1991, Lagos has always been the Capital of Nigeria abi?! You seem to forget that virtually all that Lagos has got going on today was from the Original Masterplan of Lagos for when it was the Country's capital. What has the Federal Government done for Lagos.. Start with the Third Mainland Bridge.. Start with all the investment the Federal Government left in Lagos and moved to Abuja?! Abi you think say it was by Yoruba peoples power and might that Lagos is what it is Today?!
Abi you no know say Lagos is only coasting on wetin Federal Government leave for them?! The only new addition would be Lekki and Eko Towers when done. Apapa and Tin Can are not the best Port in Nigeria, however, because Lagos was the former Capital and had so much investments and Government offices there, naturally business flowed into the place and never left after the movement of State Capital especially as Abuja has no port.

If you think that Lagos being the former Capital of Nigeria is not in anyway responsible for Lagos retaining it title as commercial Capital of Nigeria, then you are one of those se'men that should have been ma'sturbated not fertilized..
Re: Re-development Of N29B Ketu-Ikorodu Road Underway by yemmight(m): 4:12pm On Aug 23, 2012
Okija_juju:

Okija i know u don't have a single sense of reasoning. What has FG done for Lagos? FG has not commissioned anything since Tinubu era. You mean no other Yoruba State is doing well? Have you ever been to Ondo? Have you visited Ogun recently or Ekiti. I am very sure by the time these govs spend their 4 years single terms Anambra will still be crawling as usual behind them.
Re: Re-development Of N29B Ketu-Ikorodu Road Underway by rodeo0070(m): 5:19pm On Aug 23, 2012
Okija_juju:

For someone who used "GENIUS" as his User I.D and even called me Dullard, you sound like a r'etarded Anancephalic Quadruplege..

So you have no Idea that up until 1991, Lagos has always been the Capital of Nigeria abi?! You seem to forget that virtually all that Lagos has got going on today was from the Original Masterplan of Lagos for when it was the Country's capital. What has the Federal Government done for Lagos.. Start with the Third Mainland Bridge.. Start with all the investment the Federal Government left in Lagos and moved to Abuja?! Abi you think say it was by Yoruba peoples power and might that Lagos is what it is Today?!
Abi you no know say Lagos is only coasting on wetin Federal Government leave for them?! The only new addition would be Lekki and Eko Towers when done. Apapa and Tin Can are not the best Port in Nigeria, however, because Lagos was the former Capital and had so much investments and Government offices there, naturally business flowed into the place and never left after the movement of State Capital especially as Abuja has no port.

If you think that Lagos being the former Capital of Nigeria is not in anyway responsible for Lagos retaining it title as commercial Capital of Nigeria, then you are one of those se'men that should have been ma'sturbated not fertilized..

You have a valid point here my brother. No one is contesting that Lagos is not the nerve center of Nigeria. But wait Okija I don't understand you. Do you mean to tell me that other states can't plan as well? I am not saying every state must be like Lagos but there should be some level of commitment on the part of the governors in achieving their earlier stated goals and "manifestos" during election. Even in advanced countries all places can't be on the same level.
It seems most people are yet to realize that we have be hearing the same "God-knows-how-much-point-agenda" for over a decade now (good roads, electricity, education and all that nose). Though, I do agree that many factors do come into play.e.g.Continuity etc
i could be wrong...
Re: Re-development Of N29B Ketu-Ikorodu Road Underway by oezekwere(m): 6:29pm On Aug 23, 2012
I am now having some little kind of faith in this present government due to the fact that some changes are taking place. Lagos Is Working! Fashola is Working!! I pray that it continues like this.
Re: Re-development Of N29B Ketu-Ikorodu Road Underway by johnie: 9:56am On Aug 24, 2012
lastpage: I have seen too many of this "Chinese Shakara" to start clapping or shouting Halleluyaah! wink

Let me see them finish the road within one year, let me watch the road undergo just one season of rainfall, if it is still standing, then l will give both Fashola and the Chinese lads A STANDING OVATION.

Until then, my fingers are crossed and l am holding my breath.

Lastpage!

Three dead in newly-built Chinese bridge collapse
24 August 2012 Last updated at 06:59 GMT

Yangmingtan Bridge in Harbin in China's north-east Heilongjiang province

The Yangmingtan Bridge in Harbin City cost 1.88bn yuan ($286m) to build

A section of a multi-million dollar bridge in China that opened in November has collapsed, leaving three people dead and five injured, state media say.

Four lorries fell off the Yangmingtan Bridge in Harbin City, Heilongjiang province, when part of it collapsed, Xinhua news agency said.

Shoddy construction and over-loading have been blamed for the incident, it added.

Officials said they will investigate to see if the lorries were overloaded.

The bridge, which spans the Songhua river and is 15.42km (9.58 miles) long, was finished nine months ago and cost 1.88bn yuan ($286m), Xinhua said.

A 100m (328ft) ramp section collapsed, causing the lorries to plummet to the ground.

Sun Qingde, an official on Harbin's construction committee, was quoted by Xinhua as saying that the ramp "tilted to one side and crashed onto the ground".

This is the sixth major bridge collapse in China since July 2011, the agency said.

The lorries were carrying feed and stones, officials from the Harbin municipal government was quoted by People's Daily Online newspaper as saying at a press conference.

They added that the bridge and other city roads will be checked.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-19365154

Re: Re-development Of N29B Ketu-Ikorodu Road Underway by asha80(m): 10:34am On Aug 24, 2012
yemmight:

Okija i know u don't have a single sense of reasoning. What has FG done for Lagos? FG has not commissioned anything since Tinubu era. You mean no other Yoruba State is doing well? Have you ever been to Ondo? Have you visited Ogun recently or Ekiti. I am very sure by the time these govs spend their 4 years single terms Anambra will still be crawling as usual behind them.
ekiti and ondo more developed than anambra?ignorance is a disease.go siddon for gutter.w

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Politics In 2017 : Anambra Polls, Mega Party, Others To Shape New Year / Osinbajo Meets With Emir Sanusi, Others, Over Farmers-Herders Conflict / Atiku To Speak At Chatham House!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.