Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

2015: Obasanjo Cannot Choose For The North - KURE - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: Obasanjo Cannot Choose For The North - KURE (9877 Views)

2015: “obasanjo And I Have Agreed To Save Nigeria” – Atiku / 2015: Obasanjo Unhappy With Lamido’s Endorsement Of Jonathan / 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015: Obasanjo Cannot Choose For The North - KURE by Idokojimmy: 7:01am On Aug 21, 2012
Former governor of Niger State, Engr. Abdulkadir Kure, has asserted that former President Olusegun Obasanjo is not in a position to choose a presidential candidate for the North.

Kure made this assertion in an exclusive interview with LEADERSHIP while responding to the newspaper’s exclusive story of yesterday in which Obasanjo endorsed Jigawa State Governor Sule Lamido for the 2015 presidential poll.

LEADERSHIP had reported that Obasanjo had endorsed the candidature of Lamido and Rivers State Governor Rotimi Amaechi as the presidential and vice-presidential candidates of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in 2015.

Obasanjo also claimed that he supported power shift to the North in 2015.

But Kure faulted the political arrangement on the grounds that the North was capable of deciding on who would represent it during the 2015 presidential election, and said that the North would speak with one voice and choose a credible leader to represent the region.

The ex-governor accused Obasanjo of messing up Nigeria and particularly the North when he held sway as president, and added that he should leave the North alone and concentrate on his poultry farm in Ota, Ogun State.

In his words: “In 2015, the North will decide for itself and choose a candidate that the whole united North, acting as one, will support. Obasanjo has messed up the entire country and particularly the North. We shall not allow him do that again. Let him go and face his poultry farm and leave us alone.”

“Obasanjo lacks the locus standi to decide who will represent us in 2015. We will not allow him to do that again. Let him face his poultry farm in Ota and leave the North alone.

http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/32989/2012/08/21/2015_presidency_obasanjo_cannot_choose_north_kure.html
Re: 2015: Obasanjo Cannot Choose For The North - KURE by Gbawe: 10:34am On Aug 21, 2012
Indeed, the arrogance of Obasanjo is simply amazing. After he has ruined Nigeria supporting three ultra-woeful leaders who have all set the nation backward (Shagari, Yar Adua and Jonathan) he still has the nerve to hang around pontificating. Anyway, the ostensible lack of shame and remorse of the likes of OBJ, IBB, Anenih et al is an exponent of the meekness and lack of political sophistication of the average Nigerian. Obasanjo should indeed go and tend to his Chickens and leave Nigeria alone. He has done far too much serious damage, over a lengthy period of time, than one man should ordinarily be allowed to do.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Obasanjo Cannot Choose For The North - KURE by floriana(m): 1:06pm On Aug 21, 2012
Yes. Obasanjo should allow the new leaders of the North like Imam Abubakar Shekau and Kabiru Sokoto to make the choice.

5 Likes

Re: 2015: Obasanjo Cannot Choose For The North - KURE by Afam4eva(m): 1:09pm On Aug 21, 2012
I see no reason why Obasanjo and his friends(IBB and co) should not be cooling off in the hague for crime against humanity. This people still come out in the open to open their dirty mouth and talk when they should be hiding someone in the forest in Akungba. This people take us for fools that's why they have no remorse for the crimes they have committed against the Nigerian people.

Btw, why's he supporting that presidency goes to the north? Is he aware that it's only the south-east that has not ruled this nation? Anyway who i'm i to blame Papa Iyabo when Igbo politicians have proven to be gold medalist in MUMU competition. Tufiakwa, this country is a cause. I spit on Nigeria. Tufiak,wa once again.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Obasanjo Cannot Choose For The North - KURE by sambos994(m): 1:09pm On Aug 21, 2012
OBJ just retire from politics and live a peaceful life. Just pray that Nigeria will get a president who is a leader and who has vision. But until then just stay in your farm and enjoy the show.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Obasanjo Cannot Choose For The North - KURE by Navalsadiq(m): 1:16pm On Aug 21, 2012
Dnt mind the inspector general and the chief commanding officer of arewa zoooo.his demise has come.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Obasanjo Cannot Choose For The North - KURE by sammyzacks(m): 1:16pm On Aug 21, 2012
It's just an endorsement, why the scare?
Re: 2015: Obasanjo Cannot Choose For The North - KURE by Nobody: 1:17pm On Aug 21, 2012
OBJ is politically in limbo.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Obasanjo Cannot Choose For The North - KURE by alaoeri: 1:19pm On Aug 21, 2012
Who's kure? undecided anyway ebora owu have spoke grin there must be a change of government come 2015 because ωε can't continue like this.
Re: 2015: Obasanjo Cannot Choose For The North - KURE by Afam4eva(m): 1:19pm On Aug 21, 2012
Billyonaire: OBJ is politically in limbo.
OBJ is seeking for relevance because the Goodluck Jonathan government has reduced this once political heavyweight to a common political analyst. He's hoping that when the Northern Oligarchs grab power in 2015, they will give him the kind of respect he commanded prior to GEJ's emergence.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Obasanjo Cannot Choose For The North - KURE by DANILSA(m): 1:21pm On Aug 21, 2012
Baba Iyabo needs to replenish his stock in Ota farm so he needs humble boys like Yar adua to do as he said since GEJ is not playing well. But I hope lamido is not sick? Baba can be wayolish.grin

1 Like

Re: 2015: Obasanjo Cannot Choose For The North - KURE by Lex1(m): 1:21pm On Aug 21, 2012
Leadership Paper never interviewed Obasanjo on this issue, they drew their story from a close source to Obasanjo and with that i count it as a rumour. So kure reacting to it is a time weasting, but if power is to go to north come 2015 i think Lamido is the rite candidate for the north. And this left me asking, is it because of BH dat they want to shift power to the north? I tink 2015 should be a fight btw Gej n sum1 4rm d SE perhaps Rochas. Hausa have tried enof in Nigeria, they should relax 4 a while. because by 2020 or 2024 Fashola wud be ready after his senetorial appointment. You know na, as a yoruba man we must be in power by dat tym for proper governing of Nigeria. Thank u.
Re: 2015: Obasanjo Cannot Choose For The North - KURE by skerries: 1:23pm On Aug 21, 2012
For us Nigerians to have a meaningful democratic state and through governance we should be mindful of ibb and obj. those two rogues are to be arrested and try for quatity of money slew away from Nigerians

1 Like

Re: 2015: Obasanjo Cannot Choose For The North - KURE by Softmojo(m): 1:28pm On Aug 21, 2012
Personally i think this Lamido/Amaechi team would be the most peaceful option come 2015 unless of course the much expected (ACN/CPC) merger can come out with something better.
Re: 2015: Obasanjo Cannot Choose For The North - KURE by Lordave: 1:29pm On Aug 21, 2012
floriana: Yes. Obasanjo should allow the new leaders of the North like Imam Abubakar Shekau and Kabiru Sokoto to make the choice.
Abul Qaqa

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Obasanjo Cannot Choose For The North - KURE by Nobody: 1:32pm On Aug 21, 2012
247 Electricity is all I ask for. I am not interested in anything more than that.
Re: 2015: Obasanjo Cannot Choose For The North - KURE by Nobody: 1:33pm On Aug 21, 2012
Giving the north power is another drawback of nation building. It will be another 8 years of ineptitude in leadership from the northern power drunk oligarchy.

Seriously, these OBJ character is senile. What do he take the IBOS for anyway? After given the south south the vice president, later president and now planning to return the vice to them without considering the IBOS in this political firmament is tantamount to democratic blue murder.

I think something is wrong with this Nigeria union.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Obasanjo Cannot Choose For The North - KURE by slightlyMad(f): 1:35pm On Aug 21, 2012
floriana: Yes. Obasanjo should allow the new leaders of the North like Imam Abubakar Shekau and Kabiru Sokoto to make the choice.
abu kaka and abu dada

1 Like

Re: 2015: Obasanjo Cannot Choose For The North - KURE by Mavrick2012: 1:38pm On Aug 21, 2012
Idokojimmy:

http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/32989/2012/08/21/2015_presidency_obasanjo_cannot_choose_north_kure.html

na wa o.where,when and how did obj supported lamido/amaechi?where is d evidence or where was obj quoted as sayin he support or uppose.look at d way kure and poor/gulible nairalandas are seriously comentin
Re: 2015: Obasanjo Cannot Choose For The North - KURE by nicky4lif(f): 1:40pm On Aug 21, 2012
No president is coming from the north come 2015,just because they didn't win the last election they started bombing the whole of nigeria,what will happen when the win?they will star going from door to door to kill christains till we all become muslims.all these ones acting to be good just because they know what ever they say will be used against them 2015 can't fool me at all.I'm Not even going to vote when the time comes because if I vote they kill me,if I don't vote the kill me so is better I stay in the house,its safer.I'm out.
Re: 2015: Obasanjo Cannot Choose For The North - KURE by muktarmtt(m): 1:41pm On Aug 21, 2012
Lex1: Leadership Paper never interviewed Obasanjo on this issue, they drew their story from a close source to Obasanjo and with that i count it as a rumour. So kure reacting to it is a time weasting, but if power is to go to north come 2015 i think Lamido is the rite candidate for the north. And this left me asking, is it because of BH dat they want to shift power to the north? I tink 2015 should be a fight btw Gej n sum1 4rm d SE perhaps Rochas. Hausa have tried enof in Nigeria, they should relax 4 a while. because by 2020 or 2024 Fashola wud be ready after his senetorial appointment. You know na, as a yoruba man we must be in power by dat tym for proper governing of Nigeria. Thank u.
see dis mumu rochas my Foot
Re: 2015: Obasanjo Cannot Choose For The North - KURE by phermonyx(m): 1:46pm On Aug 21, 2012
Dis is one of d many reasons y I insist Nigeria has a long way to go, dis is nt democracy in any way, we shld be able to choose our leaders n nt for some old maggots to do dat for us.
How is our dear country supposed to move forward wen we av our president based on ethnicity instead of ability to lead, credibility, competency etc.
All we need is complete revolution....

1 Like

Re: 2015: Obasanjo Cannot Choose For The North - KURE by zeal500: 2:04pm On Aug 21, 2012
Amaechi of Rivers state is no selling candidate.
Forget those advert on media hse(Hype), on ground nothing is happening.
if any candidate choose him n under "normal" circumstance he wud loose
Re: 2015: Obasanjo Cannot Choose For The North - KURE by PeeDaVinci: 2:05pm On Aug 21, 2012
obj never talk anything for public ooo, and see as all men dey panic, na wa oooo
Re: 2015: Obasanjo Cannot Choose For The North - KURE by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 2:10pm On Aug 21, 2012
Idiots.What have souther presidence give 2 9ja.
Re: 2015: Obasanjo Cannot Choose For The North - KURE by ShehuAba(m): 2:18pm On Aug 21, 2012
Well, to the best of my knowledge Obj never granted any interview 2d newspaper and never claimed such,so it's still a speculation. But even though he endorses it he's a Nigerian like me and u and he's entitled to his opinion, So Y d Noise? But as a person looking critically at the candidates, I think they are good materials anyday anytime intelectualy bt as par performance i don't rily knw much abt lamido bt i bet u Amaechi is a waste of tym. Go to P.H and see, the man is jst making noise around without having anything 2 show 4 it. Despite the resources at his disposal most of the roads in P.H are nothing to write home about talkless of inner Rivers, so 4 Amaechi surely even if he contests he will nt win in P.H. Dats a fact, take it or leave it. Bt all in all, 2015 isn't 2 far, lets wait and see wot happens.
Re: 2015: Obasanjo Cannot Choose For The North - KURE by mekaboy(m): 2:21pm On Aug 21, 2012
THE NORTH WILL SPEAK WITH ONE VOICE, I THINK I HAVE HEARD THAT ONE VOICE FROM SANUSI AND THE NORTHERN GOVERNORS SAYING WE HAVE BEEN MARGINALISED, THE PROBLEM IN THE NORTH IS POVERTY.

I HOPE THAT IS NOT THE LANGUAGE THE NORTHERN PRESIDENT WILL SPEAK TO NIGERIANS IF THEY GET INTO POWER AGAIN.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Obasanjo Cannot Choose For The North - KURE by Azidogen2: 2:26pm On Aug 21, 2012
Ibrahim mr fish: Idiots.What have souther presidence give 2 9ja.
no wonder, you are indeed a fish- so are all the northerners.
Re: 2015: Obasanjo Cannot Choose For The North - KURE by Godjone(m): 2:35pm On Aug 21, 2012
Who even told u dat d north wil ever smell aso rock again?

1 Like

Re: 2015: Obasanjo Cannot Choose For The North - KURE by nagoma(m): 2:35pm On Aug 21, 2012
Crown Prince: Giving the north power is another drawback of nation building. It will be another 8 years of ineptitude in leadership from the northern power drunk oligarchy.
Seriously, these OBJ character is senile. What do he take the IBOS for anyway? After given the south south the vice president, later president and now planning to return the vice to them without considering the IBOS in this political firmament is tantamount to democratic blue murder.
I think something is wrong with this Nigeria union.

The president doesn't have to come from specified part of Nigeria provided that he performs for the country as one unit. The southern presidency has done nothing to add to r development or progress of the country despite the enormous amount of human and material resources at their disposal . As for the Igbo , no one is sure whether they want Biafran Presidency or Nigerian presidency. We can always talk - when they make their minds up.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Obasanjo Cannot Choose For The North - KURE by jumobi1(m): 2:36pm On Aug 21, 2012
So Kure admits those Northern leaders priority is the North more than it is Nigeria.
He should have said OBJ has no business choosing for Nigeria rather than the North.

NIGERIA has no business being a country.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Obasanjo Cannot Choose For The North - KURE by nagoma(m): 2:40pm On Aug 21, 2012
Azidogen2:
no wonder, you are indeed a fish- so are all the northerners.

Why don't you just answer the question? What has the southern , "educated" , "modern," " progressive" ," civilized" presidency , what has it given to Nigeria except retrogression , rancor , cluelessness and monumental corruption and abysmal failure?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Court Stops PDP’s Planned Convention / Police Invite Dogara, Others For Alleged Budget Padding / Why Sanwo-olu Won’t Probe Ambode’s Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.