Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,125 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

Gov. Obi To Invest N25B In Equity Before Leaving Office - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. Obi To Invest N25B In Equity Before Leaving Office (8768 Views)

EFCC: For 4yrs After Leaving Office As Gov, Saraki Received Monthly Salaries.. / GEJ Makes His First Public Outing Since Leaving Office (Photos) / Shema Is The Only Governor That Will Be Leaving Office Without Debt – Ribadu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gov. Obi To Invest N25B In Equity Before Leaving Office by chino11(m): 7:43am On Aug 23, 2012
manny4life:

They derive "SO MUCH" money from taxes? Is that supposedly corporate or individual taxes? They derive so much on taxes (no doubt), question is, HOW MANY COMPANIES DID LAGOS STATE GOVT INVEST HEAVILY IN? BTW, why are you comparing Lagos that's largely and fully developed to Anambra state? Are you serious? I like the way Anambra is developing but my stand is very clear- governments do not invest tax payers monies in private firms for long term purposes

You are seriously getting it wrong. Economic emancipation start one-day, in the 60s and 70s lagos economy was less than what it is today, now they are reaping from it heavily. That Anambra invested in Sabmiller and Orient Petroleum Refinery does not mean that Anambra government will determine when to fire or hire anybody or even decide to sale it off. Its purely foriegn expatriates that constitute the management and running of the company, Nigerians in the company are merely technical personnel.

The Anambra investment in the company is just to secure the future of Anambrans in the company both jobs, IPOs and equities so that it will not be high-jacked by other well-to-do individuals or outsiders. Did I hear you say 'just started company? Let me tell you SABMILLER is the second largest brewery in the whole world, they didn't achieve that feat with mouth but excellence and level of production. Guinness brewery do not even come close among the 10 biggest breweries in the world let alone our own paltry NBL.

Presently even before they start operation the market is now being flooded with SABMILLER drinks, they are already taking over the market even before they start operation. I assure you they will effectively run out of the market NBL and Guiness real soon, because they are not 2nd largest brewers in world for nothing.
Re: Gov. Obi To Invest N25B In Equity Before Leaving Office by cjfavour(m): 5:16pm On Aug 23, 2012
chino11:

You are seriously getting it wrong. Economic emancipation start one-day, in the 60s and 70s lagos economy was less than what it is today, now they are reaping from it heavily. That Anambra invested in Sabmiller and Orient Petroleum Refinery does not mean that Anambra government will determine when to fire or hire anybody or even decide to sale it off. Its purely foriegn expatriates that constitute the management and running of the company, Nigerians in the company are merely technical personnel.

The Anambra investment in the company is just to secure the future of Anambrans in the company both jobs, IPOs and equities so that it will not be high-jacked by other well-to-do individuals or outsiders. Did I hear you say 'just started company? Let me tell you SABMILLER is the second largest brewery in the whole world, they didn't achieve that feat with mouth but excellence and level of production. Guinness brewery do not even come close among the 10 biggest breweries in the world let alone our own paltry NBL.

Presently even before they start operation the market is now being flooded with SABMILLER drinks, they are already taking over the market even before they start operation. I assure you they will effectively run out of the market NBL and Guiness real soon, because they are not 2nd largest brewers in world for nothing.
Talk talk talk and no point. All u PO's boys are like him. Bros pls mention their products so dt we'll go to d market and check them out. Dnt 4get what happened to 33,salzelmbra,and other beer dt tried to come into d country.Nigerians know about gulder,star,stout,heinekein,life.(thanks to EPL) Investing in orient is fantastic bcs we dnt have a refinery in d state or even in Nigeria. Sabmiller is good bt its a gamble,what again?So for 5yrs these are d only thing he can do? What about education? Employment nko?agriculture kwanu?health? Sports nko?Lets talk about roads? Why didnt he build dt his super market here in anambra?lack of trust?he impoverishd d state? The only thing working for him is propaganda using d nonsense abs radio and tv to disturb my ear drum.ABS NA RADIO STATION BE DT?NKEA NA ADA AJA AJA!!!

1 Like

Re: Gov. Obi To Invest N25B In Equity Before Leaving Office by Tex42(m): 12:10pm On Aug 24, 2012
Just pray that the next dude that will take up 4rm where Obi stopped will see things 4rm thesame dimension as Obi...GOD bless the pple of Anambra state!!!
Re: Gov. Obi To Invest N25B In Equity Before Leaving Office by chino11(m): 8:48am On Aug 26, 2012
c[s:
jfavour] Talk talk talk and no point. All u PO's boys are like him. Bros pls mention their products so dt we'll go to d market and check them out. Dnt 4get what happened to 33,salzelmbra,and other beer dt tried to come into d country.Nigerians know about gulder,star,stout,heinekein,life.(thanks to EPL) Investing in orient is fantastic bcs we dnt have a refinery in d state or even in Nigeria. Sabmiller is good bt its a gamble,what again?So for 5yrs these are d only thing he can do? What about education? Employment nko?agriculture kwanu?health? Sports nko?Lets talk about roads? Why didnt he build dt his super market here in anambra?lack of trust?he impoverishd d state? The only thing working for him is propaganda using d nonsense abs radio and tv to disturb my ear drum.ABS NA RADIO STATION BE DT?NKEA NA ADA AJA AJA!!!
[/s]

You have succeeded in writing trash.

In all the areas you mentioned Anambra is performing positively to the sky level even above your own state. Sabmiller is a world class company, they can never be compared to the local failed companies you mentioned. Even our own NBL is another money churning company even with all the corruption they still declaring huge profit. LG ANIDS World is building a massive mix use facility center in Awka courtesy of PO which is thrice of what you are talking about in Abuja. I work and live in Anambra precisely Awka so I have all the details.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Breaking News: Rochas Okorocha Tears Up Result Sheets,assaults Inec Officials / Ezekwesili Slams Buhari, "You Are Accustomed To Losing Your Citizens" / Reps Panel Summons Emefiele, Others Over N33 Billion Missing Pension Fund

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.