Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,849 members, 7,817,513 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

Gov. Obi To Invest N25B In Equity Before Leaving Office - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. Obi To Invest N25B In Equity Before Leaving Office (8769 Views)

EFCC: For 4yrs After Leaving Office As Gov, Saraki Received Monthly Salaries.. / GEJ Makes His First Public Outing Since Leaving Office (Photos) / Shema Is The Only Governor That Will Be Leaving Office Without Debt – Ribadu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gov. Obi To Invest N25B In Equity Before Leaving Office by Okijajuju1(m): 6:16pm On Aug 22, 2012
While people are there praising Okorocha for buying roasted corn on Television and Newspapers.. The real working Eastern Governors are busy making a change..

Ndi Anambra State may not like Obi, but I can tell you that what he is doing is like planting a seed that will germinate in the future as against buying friuts that we will all eat and be hungry again soon..

Sab Miller Breweires.. (Employment)
Orient Oil.. (Economic boost, State IGR and Employment)
With the increase in Government patronage of Innoson Motors.. (Employment, State IGR)

Let Rochas keep dashing out Imo State money and building schools..
Re: Gov. Obi To Invest N25B In Equity Before Leaving Office by cjfavour(m): 7:13pm On Aug 22, 2012
kasiem: This man is really futuristic
deshclones:

Dude get real...what are we doing with an airport for now??when we have the asaba and enugu plus imo airports?for your info those ones i mentioned are grossly under used..on the issue of employment,i have 4 cousins that were employed by the ANSG.....ada[b]obi[/b] is slow no doubt but he is surely taking us to great heights...am just peeved at him for his utter neglect of awka..the state capital looks like some village square....i was told he is doing it on purpose becos awka guys didnt vote for him in the last election....i think its wrong for a leader to be vindictive,you need to go to his local govt area and agulu to see what he has done..tarred roads everywhere..even the agulu obeledu road is now tarred...he should give awka a befitting facelift,same way he has turned parts of osha and nnewi around....
kasiem: This man is really futuristic
Part of onitsha,yes u're correct. Nnewi,u're wrong. Did i hear u say dt anambra does nt need an airport?y didnt u tell delta state dt imo,enugu,benin aiirport were under used and nt to build theirs?Y this myopic reasoning my young man? Are u in any way benefitting from PO's misgovernment and mismanagement of our dear state?U prefer he waste N25B on equity and shares which every wise man knows is a high risk biz to building an airport in d state? Anambra NEEDS THIS AIRPORT WHETHER U AND OBI BELIEVE IT OR NT.For Gods sake its a good soiurce of revenue. Why didnt he build it first b4 uduagha built his? Short sightedness? Is dt nt y i voted him? Did he tell us dt he'll use our money to do gambling in shares and equities?Or are u nt aware of d last stock exchange collapse?Have it recovered? PLS BROS TELL ME WHEN PO EMPLOYED D 2 COUSINS OF YOURS U MENTIONED.ARE THEY GRADUATES? WHEN BRO WHEN?
Re: Gov. Obi To Invest N25B In Equity Before Leaving Office by Nobody: 7:21pm On Aug 22, 2012
kasiem: which student is paying #130000? What do u want to gain with this lie?
I paid #86000 as a finalist last year whereas yr one students paid #129000! each
Re: Gov. Obi To Invest N25B In Equity Before Leaving Office by deshclones(m): 7:34pm On Aug 22, 2012
cjfavour: Part of onitsha,yes u're correct. Nnewi,u're wrong. Did i hear u say dt anambra does nt need an airport?y didnt u tell delta state dt imo,enugu,benin aiirport were under used and nt to build theirs?Y this myopic reasoning my young man? Are u in any way benefitting from PO's misgovernment and mismanagement of our dear state?U prefer he waste N25B on equity and shares which every wise man knows is a high risk biz to building an airport in d state? Anambra NEEDS THIS AIRPORT WHETHER U AND OBI BELIEVE IT OR NT.For Gods sake its a good soiurce of revenue. Why didnt he build it first b4 uduagha built his? Short sightedness? Is dt nt y i voted him? Did he tell us dt he'll use our money to do gambling in shares and equities?Or are u nt aware of d last stock exchange collapse?Have it recovered? PLS BROS TELL ME WHEN PO EMPLOYED D 2 COUSINS OF YOURS U MENTIONED.ARE THEY GRADUATES? WHEN BRO WHEN?

Dude..i presume you are educated bro...delta can afford to build an airport..anambra cannot afford that kind of frivolity for now...for fccks sake anambra gets in a quater what delta gets in a month from FAAC allocation alone not to talk of igr from those oil firms ....ada[b]obi[/b] is not a man of frivolities nwanne m nwoke...what are we doing with an airport for now bro??how many airlines use the asaba,uyo,enugu and imo airport in a month??do you know the running cost?..when last did you visit home or even used any of the airports i mentioned??..i think we should all encourage the construction of a mega seaport so that our trader and importer brothers will use it judiciously...airport to me is a white elephant project bro...little wonder 90% of governors that want to siphon state money embark on airport project...e.g uduaghan,attah even the infidel mbadinuju and andy ubah.

my cousins were employed last year..even though they did the test and verification in 2010..but they started work last yr....they worked for like 6months straight without pay but everything has been regularized....ask people at home nwanne m..am so sure of this.

N.B:Am not supporting ada[b]obi[/b] buying stocks with our money,he should develop our state capital..i just want to clarify your stand that we need an airport.
Re: Gov. Obi To Invest N25B In Equity Before Leaving Office by chino24: 7:35pm On Aug 22, 2012
Umunnem calm your nerves. We are getting there. As for airport, as I write this piece arrangements are being concluded by Orient Petroleum in partnership with Anambra state government to kick start the construction of an International Cargo airport as approved by FG at Anambra north area. The land has been acquired also, maybe I will post the locational map.

The new location of the airport is 20min to Awka, 20min to Onitsha and 45-50min to Nnewi, its gonna be a centrally located airport that will serve the major Anambra cities and neighboring Kogi and Nsukka areas even upto some parts of Benue. On the area of road construction, the roads traversing the Udoka est. Ngozika est. and most importantly GRA roads are being asphalted down to the express junction.

I will still prefer that Awka is not industrialized like Onitsha and Nnewi, because presently the city is metamorphosing into a huge hospitality center with hotels of various classes dotting the landscape. Besides that LG electronics is fast erecting a massive mix use development facility that will house upscale entertainment, luxury apartment, five star hotel and bank premises in the heart of Awka, this will be a major landmark in the SE.

Its a place to relax due its quiet and serenity nature filled with government workers and students which most informed class of people. Presently Onitsha roads are receiving same attention, with the expansion of the 8 lane road from Headbridge to Zik's junction and up to Awka end of the expressway.
Re: Gov. Obi To Invest N25B In Equity Before Leaving Office by kasiem(m): 7:38pm On Aug 22, 2012
splendidb20:
I paid #86000 as a finalist last year whereas yr one students paid #129000! each
u've already shifted from 130000 to lesser amount? Hmm, keep on telling lies.
Re: Gov. Obi To Invest N25B In Equity Before Leaving Office by chino24: 7:43pm On Aug 22, 2012
deshclones:

Chino...abeg thank ada[b]obi[/b] for me...heard construction has started on my village road...kudos...but the man should in the name of God develop the state capital Awka...that place is a shame to every well traveled anambrarian...he should forgive awka people for dumping him during the last election and develop the capital...properties are not even appreciating...its a shame that plot of land at esther obiako is a mere 2-3m,even udoka estate,the banana island of awka is btwn 8-10m..the only thriving business there is hotel biz,..while the only guys there are civil servants,bankers and lecturers...make ada[b]obi[/b] develop awka nah... undecided undecided undecided

Nwanne mu since when did I became PA to Obi grin? But I assure you the next time you visit the state capital will believe that something new is happening a major transformation is presently ongoing. Besides Obi is developing all sectors, opening all the communities. With award of Onitsha-Awka federal express from Headbrdge to Awka end of the express to two different contractors to ensure early completion. Niger Cat starts is work from headbridge to Zik's Junction and them CCC start from there to Amansea in Awka end of the express. The level work and its proper expansion is quite commendable.
Re: Gov. Obi To Invest N25B In Equity Before Leaving Office by macz91(m): 8:00pm On Aug 22, 2012
gov obi is a confused man, he doesnt kno d right thing to do with anambra state money, its sad that anambra state hav no gud beautiful gentleman city, no standard roads etc. he keeps buildin structures that are useless lyk water project(boreholes) dat non of dem still function today, publiic toilets in government skuls dat he has rendered useless, anambra state university(igboariam) is lyk a sec sch. infact i dont lyk thinking of dat man wen i visit other states and c dev in infrastructures
Re: Gov. Obi To Invest N25B In Equity Before Leaving Office by Nobody: 8:08pm On Aug 22, 2012
kasiem: u've already shifted from 130000 to lesser amount? Hmm, keep on telling lies.

take it or leave it, the government z nt trying 4 d university!
Re: Gov. Obi To Invest N25B In Equity Before Leaving Office by Nobody: 8:23pm On Aug 22, 2012
macz91: gov obi is a confused man, he doesnt kno d right thing to do with anambra state money, its sad that anambra state hav no gud beautiful gentleman city, no standard roads etc. he keeps buildin structures that are useless lyk water project(boreholes) dat non of dem still function today, publiic toilets in government skuls dat he has rendered useless, anambra state university(igboariam) is lyk a sec sch. infact i dont lyk thinking of dat man wen i visit other states and c dev in infrastructures

u have said it all! Obi cannot even fund the school despite the amount students are paying. It's so pathetic that both Uli and Igbariam campuses are as Ngige left them. Ada Obi cannot even employ lecturers in the university. We had only one professor in my department till i left and is still that way till today. Check the school website you see rubbish. Adaobi cannot even employ a good website administrator/developer in the university. Check there website for yourself www.ansu.edu.ng and their portal www.ansu-edu.net. Adaobi can afford to pay you biggots to sing his praise on nairaland and he couldn't care about the university in the state. No wonder he calls the school Glorified Secondary School
Re: Gov. Obi To Invest N25B In Equity Before Leaving Office by kasiem(m): 8:33pm On Aug 22, 2012
splendidb20:

take it or leave it, the government z nt trying 4 d university!
is this the defence that u have for your lies? Take it or leave it, i know d university more than u.
Re: Gov. Obi To Invest N25B In Equity Before Leaving Office by kasiem(m): 8:36pm On Aug 22, 2012
splendidb20:

u have said it all! Obi cannot even fund the school despite the amount students are paying. It's so pathetic that both Uli and Igbariam campuses are as Ngige left it. Ada Obi cannot even employ lecturers in the university. We had only one professor in my department till i left and is still that way till today. Check the school website you see rubbish. Adaobi cannot even employ a good website administrator/developer in the university. Check there website for yourself www.ansu.edu.ng and their portal www.ansu-edu.net. Adaobi can afford to pay you biggots to sing his praise on nairaland and he couldn't care about the university that concerns the whole state. No wonder he calls the state Glorified Secondary School
was it ngige that relocated ansu to igbariam? Hmm, maybe u are talking of another ansu here.
Re: Gov. Obi To Invest N25B In Equity Before Leaving Office by oneeast: 8:37pm On Aug 22, 2012
^

Kasie biko leave those two morons parading as if they are from Anambra and knows it more than us. Why didn't they go to esut or absu where cultists will slaughter them or r/a/p/e them to coma, instead the fools are all running to Anambra to study.
Re: Gov. Obi To Invest N25B In Equity Before Leaving Office by Nobody: 8:39pm On Aug 22, 2012
kasiem: is this the defence that u have for your lies? Take it or leave it, i know d university more than u.

you are a m0ron and i'm not replying you again
Re: Gov. Obi To Invest N25B In Equity Before Leaving Office by kasiem(m): 8:41pm On Aug 22, 2012
splendidb20:

you are a m0ron and i'm not replying you again
how can u reply me when u don't have anything to say?
Re: Gov. Obi To Invest N25B In Equity Before Leaving Office by WebsiteDesigner: 8:45pm On Aug 22, 2012
cjfavour: Really? Is he? How much did delta spent to build their airport?Is it up to N17B? Why dnt he spend a fraction of this amount to build even a local airport dt will be yielding money for d state? Do u know why i voted for him in his first tenure?bcs he promised us an airport.Where is it today?Mirage!!! Now he's talking about equity dt have high risk.Is there no other project he can build than buying equities and shares? What type of futuristic plan does he have dt he cant see dt anambra with d biggest market in west africa needs an airport,seaport and when d feds finish d seaport dt to start a shiping line is far better than buying shares dt if care is nt taking will loose its value? Go to onitsha,is there any govt presence there? Do u know how much awada generates for d state bt there is no tarred road there? What of Nnewi?Let me nt talk of awka. Bros PO is myopic and a miser.Why didnt he build d super market he built at abuja here in anambra? Well,he have a strong propaganda machine which he uses to brain wash ur likes. Have he employed a single graduate since he became d gov of anambra? Ponder and reply.If u insult me,i'll ignore u and ur likes.

whoever say equity investment is only about shares and stocks trade?
Re: Gov. Obi To Invest N25B In Equity Before Leaving Office by billante(m): 8:47pm On Aug 22, 2012
Re: Gov. Obi To Invest N25B In Equity Before Leaving Office by billante(m): 8:47pm On Aug 22, 2012
chino24:
I will still prefer that Awka is not industrialized like Onitsha and Nnewi, because presently the city is metamorphosing into a huge hospitality center with hotels of various classes dotting the landscape. Besides that LG electronics is fast erecting a massive mix use development facility that will house upscale entertainment, luxury apartment, five star hotel and bank premises in the heart of Awka, this will be a major landmark in the SE.

@Chino The LG Entertainment center will it have cinema,food courts,luxury shops etc? And wats d current level of completion?
Re: Gov. Obi To Invest N25B In Equity Before Leaving Office by Nobody: 8:49pm On Aug 22, 2012
Pls peter obi did nothin in nnewi. Nnewi didn't vote for him.

deshclones:

Dude get real...what are we doing with an airport for now??when we have the fasaba and enugu plus imo airports?for your info those ones i mentioned are grossly under used..on the issue of employment,i have 4 cousins that were employed by the ANSG.....ada[b]obi[/b] is slow no doubt but he is surely taking us to great heights...am just peeved at him for his utter neglect of awka..the state capital looks like some village square....i was told he is doing it on purpose becos awka guys didnt vote for him in the last election....i think its wrong for a leader to be vindictive,you need to go to his local govt area and agulu to see what he has done..tarred roads everywhere..even the agulu obeledu road is now tarred...he should give awka a befitting facelift,same way he has turned parts of osha and nnewi around....
Re: Gov. Obi To Invest N25B In Equity Before Leaving Office by wawaboy1(m): 8:52pm On Aug 22, 2012
asha 80: well you might be right

I hope it will not end up like Ibori story!.I like the moves shaa
Re: Gov. Obi To Invest N25B In Equity Before Leaving Office by deshclones(m): 8:52pm On Aug 22, 2012
suniblu: Pls peter obi did nothin in nnewi. Nnewi didn't vote for him.

Now i know you are a minnow where anambra politics is concerned...nnewi people voted enmasse for ada[b]obi.[/b]...infact ojukwu specifically asked them to grant him that last wish..i watched it on abs...lemme search for the file....
Re: Gov. Obi To Invest N25B In Equity Before Leaving Office by Nobody: 8:59pm On Aug 22, 2012
one.east:
^

Kasie biko leave those two morons parading as if they are from Anambra and knows it more than us. Why didn't they go to esut or absu where cultists will slaughter them or r/a/p/e them to coma, instead the fools are all running to Anambra to study.

this is a university website>>www.ansu.edu.ng compare it with this secondary school website>>www.dmgs.8m.net
Re: Gov. Obi To Invest N25B In Equity Before Leaving Office by kasiem(m): 9:00pm On Aug 22, 2012
suniblu: Pls peter obi did nothin in nnewi. Nnewi didn't vote for him.

all those roads that were constructed before ojukwu's burial were nothing, right?
Re: Gov. Obi To Invest N25B In Equity Before Leaving Office by chino11(m): 9:01pm On Aug 22, 2012
billante:

@Chino The LG Entertainment center will it have cinema,food courts,luxury shops etc? And wats d current level of completion?

It has Cinema all forms of entertainment. Infact its a one-stop shopping facility. I pass thru the facility everyday on my way to work, its at GRA by express junction, not too far from Olde English hotel (Ngige's). They have at the moment done over 65-70% completion, I expect that they may complete it toward December this year going by the steady and fast pace of work there.

Its really a world class facility that will compete with what you have in Dubai and Hongkong. Here is the link:

http://lganidsmall.com/concept.html
Re: Gov. Obi To Invest N25B In Equity Before Leaving Office by cjfavour(m): 9:01pm On Aug 22, 2012
deshclones:

Dude..i presume you are educated bro...delta can afford to build an airport..anambra cannot afford that kind of frivolity for now...for fccks sake anambra gets in a quater what delta gets in a month from FAAC allocation alone not to talk of igr from those oil firms ....ada[b]obi[/b] is not a man of frivolities nwanne m nwoke...what are we doing with an airport for now bro??how many airlines use the asaba,uyo,enugu and imo airport in a month??do you know the running cost?..when last did you visit home or even used any of the airports i mentioned??..i think we should all encourage the construction of a mega seaport so that our trader and importer brothers will use it judiciously...airport to me is a white elephant project bro...little wonder 90% of governors that want to siphon state money embark on airport project...e.g uduaghan,attah even the infidel mbadinuju and andy ubah.

my cousins were employed last year..even though they did the test and verification in 2010..but they started work last yr....they worked for like 6months straight without pay but everything has been regularized....ask people at home nwanne m..am so sure of this.

N.B:Am not supporting ada[b]obi[/b] buying stocks with our money,he should develop our state capital..i just want to clarify your stand that we need an airport.
Let me educate u on dt employment. Forms were filled and submited.Uptil today,they've nt conducted any test,nor interview.If u want i'll give u d number of d man in charge of it.If ur cousin got employment as a degree holder,it means dt PO is employing only his kits and kin bcs d employment s nt open. On d airport,he was d one dt promised us d airport dts y i'm holding him to it and yes anambra can afford it and anambra needs it.Think about all d biz men in anambra,they need itAnambra is today an oil producing state.If we cant afford it,Y INVEST A WHOOPING N25B on an unreliable equities? Our bros have answered dt plan is on d way to build a cargo airport.I'll commend him when dt happens nt his propaganda. Now u'v seen dt an really need an airport.We have d greatest number of business men so why will u say dt we dnt need it just bcs PO is dilly dallying? On roads,I know nnewi and i schooled at awka.I know how awka road was and how it is now.I know d ones ONWA awarded and POs.Awka indigines are crying for PO.AWKA IS D STATE CAPITAL FOR GODS sake.
Re: Gov. Obi To Invest N25B In Equity Before Leaving Office by cjfavour(m): 9:06pm On Aug 22, 2012
chino24: Umunnem calm your nerves. We are getting there. As for airport, as I write this piece arrangements are being concluded by Orient Petroleum in partnership with Anambra state government to kick start the construction of an International Cargo airport as approved by FG at Anambra north area. The land has been acquired also, maybe I will post the locational map.

The new location of the airport is 20min to Awka, 20min to Onitsha and 45-50min to Nnewi, its gonna be a centrally located airport that will serve the major Anambra cities and neighboring Kogi and Nsukka areas even upto some parts of Benue. On the area of road construction, the roads traversing the Udoka est. Ngozika est. and most importantly GRA roads are being asphalted down to the express junction.

Its a place to relax due its quiet and serenity nature filled with government workers and students which most informed class of people. Presently Onitsha roads are receiving same attention, with the expansion of the 8 lane road from Headbridge to Zik's junction and up to Awka end of the expressway.
THANKS BRO BT BUILDING AN AIRPORT IS IT REALLY A FRIVOLITY? IS THERE ANY PLAN TO CONSTRUCT ROADS AT AWADA? DNT TELL ME ITS D WORK OF D LG BCS WE DNT HAVE LG IN D STATE.THANKS TO PO. AWADA NEEDS ROADS.THEY PAY HEAVY TAXES.EROSION WILL WIPE AWAY AWADA OOOO!!!
Re: Gov. Obi To Invest N25B In Equity Before Leaving Office by kasiem(m): 9:07pm On Aug 22, 2012
splendidb20:

this is a university website>>www.ansu.edu.ng compare it with this secondary school website>>www.dmgs.8m.net
okay, it's obi's responsibility to design website for ansu? Hmm, i can't believe what am reading.
Re: Gov. Obi To Invest N25B In Equity Before Leaving Office by chino11(m): 9:12pm On Aug 22, 2012
cjfavour: THANKS BRO BT BUILDING AN AIRPORT IS IT REALLY A FRIVOLITY? IS THERE ANY PLAN TO CONSTRUCT ROADS AT AWADA? DNT TELL ME ITS D WORK OF D LG BCS WE DNT HAVE LG IN D STATE.THANKS TO PO. AWADA NEEDS ROADS.THEY PAY HEAVY TAXES.EROSION WILL WIPE AWAY AWADA OOOO!!!

Eze Iweka a major road traversing the heart of Awada has been awarded, if you have visted Awada in the recent time you notice construction work ongoing. And other long stretch of roads as Oraifite, Agulu streets, you also notice an erosion site at Agulu street area has since been fix. The same way work is in progress in almost all parts of the city from Fegge to Nkpor to GRA to Omagba phase 1&2.
Re: Gov. Obi To Invest N25B In Equity Before Leaving Office by Nobody: 9:14pm On Aug 22, 2012
kasiem: okay, it's obi's responsibility to design website for ansu? Hmm, i can't believe what am reading.

who wil employ d designer huh, empty skul
Re: Gov. Obi To Invest N25B In Equity Before Leaving Office by Nobody: 9:14pm On Aug 22, 2012
kasiem: okay, it's obi's responsibility to design website for ansu? Hmm, i can't believe what am reading.

who wil employ d designer huh, empty skull
Re: Gov. Obi To Invest N25B In Equity Before Leaving Office by warrior01: 9:18pm On Aug 22, 2012
splendidb20:

who wil employ d designer huh, empty skull
Are you this stup!d?
Re: Gov. Obi To Invest N25B In Equity Before Leaving Office by Nobody: 9:24pm On Aug 22, 2012
I dnt no why people are unhappy with obi. Ppl have different styles of leadership. Obi is more concerned with long term projects.wch wil definitely work for anambraians coz they hv always bn known for commerce and industries. Buh i think this 25billion can be channelled into another sector like agriculture like a large farm,or avaition like airport or even tourism like developing ogbunike cave. And i stil dont undertand why governor obi built a mall in abj,pls can anyone explain this to me?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tinubu Vows To Fight Smugglers, Corruption To Ruins / Lagos To Experience Seven-day Rainfall – NIMET / TY Danjuma: Nigeria Lacks Patriotic Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.