Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

When A Girl Can't Cook, And She Doesnt Want To Learn - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When A Girl Can't Cook, And She Doesnt Want To Learn (5947 Views)

My Neighbour Doesnt Want To Date Anyone Because Of Me! / She doesnt like putting on her pant. / Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

When A Girl Can't Cook, And She Doesnt Want To Learn by afroasian(m): 10:06am On Dec 29, 2007
Lemme give this up,

when a girl can't cook, as in, she doesnt know the 1,2 and 3.

Im not talking disabilities here, but she just doesnt know.

its often said that if a woman wants to keep her man, she can only hold him as much as she can hold his 'stomach'.

what are guys supposed to do? proceed? or press the breaks?

I have a friend whose girl friend doesnt know how to cook and she even told him shes not even interested in learning. Now he loves her and vice-versa, but the 'cooking' part is kinda straining things up as my guy is looking at 'the future', coz as he asked me "how can hubby and beau be bukateering from day-1"?

p.s - she from an average family. Shes a last born with older brothers(2) and sisters(2).
Re: When A Girl Can't Cook, And She Doesnt Want To Learn by angelq(f): 11:07am On Dec 29, 2007
She is still acting like a baby.
its only a matter of time she will come to know that there issues one should not joke with.
Re: When A Girl Can't Cook, And She Doesnt Want To Learn by saucekid(m): 11:27am On Dec 29, 2007
kiss her butt out
i wont appreciate a lady that cant cook. . . . .it shows that when her mama was in the kitchen,she was watching sitcoms
Re: When A Girl Can't Cook, And She Doesnt Want To Learn by ThoniaSlim(f): 12:13pm On Dec 29, 2007
angelq:

She is still acting like a baby.
its only a matter of time she will come to know that there issues one should not joke with.

I second that. but may i add, hope its not too late then.
Re: When A Girl Can't Cook, And She Doesnt Want To Learn by clemcykul(f): 11:03am On Dec 31, 2007
as a matter of fact food is second to sex in a relationship.

drag her into the kitchen, and tell her why she must learn to cook, or even threaten to let go the relationship, but be mild about it b4 she takes it serious, or better still enroll her in a caterine school wid the promise of establishing her someday!

but if shes adamant and does not give a damn about cooking, keep patronising eatries and get stuffed wid junk food, unitl u realise ur account is going red and u cant manage any longer, by then u wont be far from making a choice, which is telling her off.
Re: When A Girl Can't Cook, And She Doesnt Want To Learn by yimiton(f): 11:28am On Dec 31, 2007
Cooking could actually be fun. . . . sometimes. . . .
I cook very well be I must confess I won't mind not cooking at all. I cook cos I've got to cook and cook well. That is the African woman, that is what we are thought to do.
If your girlfriend wants to keep her home, she must learn to be interested in cooking and not just cook but cook well.
She might end up not being the regular cook in the house after the nuptials but once in a while, give that brother that hot sweet food, prepared by his wify and he'll never ever want to eat outside again!
Re: When A Girl Can't Cook, And She Doesnt Want To Learn by afroasian(m): 12:03pm On Jan 01, 2008
@clemcykul

as a matter of fact food is second to sex in a relationship.

I beg to differ, but I believe food is #1 and then sex is #2
Re: When A Girl Can't Cook, And She Doesnt Want To Learn by afroasian(m): 12:06pm On Jan 01, 2008
saucekid:

kiss her butt out
i wont appreciate a lady that can't cook. . . . .it shows that when her mama was in the kitchen,she was watching sitcoms

yes, ure right. When a lady can't cook, it looks to me that something is wrong, u know,

even if she was watching sitcoms when her mama was in the kitchen, shouldn't the thought of becoming a full-fledged woman arouse her interest in she, preparing herself for another stage in life?
Re: When A Girl Can't Cook, And She Doesnt Want To Learn by iice(f): 3:13pm On Jan 01, 2008
He could find one that suits him to the T undecided
As for the woman. . .some like it, some don't. . .some can. . .some can't. . .some men can deal (doesn't bother them). . . it bothers others
Re: When A Girl Can't Cook, And She Doesnt Want To Learn by NihilceM: 3:38pm On Jan 01, 2008
Boring African men.
Instead of you to advice your women to further their education or get their self busy with some kind of business
you are busy making noise about stupid things like food.
I wonder where her certificate as a cook will take her.
Oh sorry I forgot. She'll get a lovable husband who as soon as he finds a better cook, will dump her ass.
What a nice perspective.
*hissssssssss*
Get a life, jobless people!
Re: When A Girl Can't Cook, And She Doesnt Want To Learn by tboy1(m): 3:47pm On Jan 01, 2008
Nihil-ce-M:

Boring African men.
Instead of you to advice your women to further their education or get their self busy with some kind of business
you are busy making noise about stupid things like food.
I wonder where her certificate as a cook will take her.
Oh sorry I forgot. She'll get a lovable husband who as soon as he finds a better cook, will dump her ass.
What a nice perspective.
*hissssssssss*
Get a life, jobless people!

What if she's completed her education and she's also got a very good job but still cannot cook?
Re: When A Girl Can't Cook, And She Doesnt Want To Learn by NihilceM: 3:48pm On Jan 01, 2008
tboy1:

What if she's completed her education and has got a very good job but still cannot cook?

Got a very good job you said?

Simple: get a cook!
Re: When A Girl Can't Cook, And She Doesnt Want To Learn by tboy1(m): 3:50pm On Jan 01, 2008
Nihil-ce-M:

Got a very good job you said?

Simple: get a cook!

Why can't see learn how to cook
Re: When A Girl Can't Cook, And She Doesnt Want To Learn by NihilceM: 3:51pm On Jan 01, 2008
tboy1:

Why can't see learn how to cook

Because she can afford to have someone to do it for her.

Haba, na by force say she must learn how to cook?
Re: When A Girl Can't Cook, And She Doesnt Want To Learn by tboy1(m): 3:56pm On Jan 01, 2008
Nihil-ce-M:

Haba, na by force say she must learn how to cook?

Believe me there will be other women outside who will be willing to cook for him.
Re: When A Girl Can't Cook, And She Doesnt Want To Learn by NihilceM: 4:00pm On Jan 01, 2008
tboy1:

Believe me there will be other women outside who will be willing to cook for him.

Ahahahhahahhaha!

If a man decides to cheat on me just because of food, then he is not worthy to be called a man.

I deal with real men, not with children.
Re: When A Girl Can't Cook, And She Doesnt Want To Learn by tboy1(m): 4:02pm On Jan 01, 2008
Nihil-ce-M:

Ahahahhahahhaha!

If a man decides to cheat on me just because of food, then he is not worthy to be called a man.

I deal with real men, not with children.

Goodluck
Re: When A Girl Can't Cook, And She Doesnt Want To Learn by ell77(f): 4:32pm On Jan 01, 2008
afroasian:

yes, ure right. When a lady can't cook, it looks to me that something is wrong, u know,

even if she was watching sitcoms when her mama was in the kitchen, shouldn't the thought of becoming a full-fledged woman arouse her interest in she, preparing herself for another stage in life?

I don't agree with that, there are many reasons why she may not be able to cook and that is not a big issue, the question is why she does not wan't to cook. Does she work from 7am until 10pm, is the guy cooking, do they have househelp, do they go to restaraunts? What is life like now and what is her reason for not wanting to cook. If she does nothing in the house and does not work then maybe she is just a lazy person/spoilt and he needs to take head and WAKKA.

Anyway if there is a good enough reason is it really worth leaving someone you love because they don't want to cook? Ask your friend that, there are many women who can cook a platter fit for an Obi but will cheat onb him, insult him, burn his money in other ways etc and say "afterall do I not feed you?" If she is working, loves him and treats him well in all other aspects maybe this is one 'fault' not worth fighting about? it depends on their own circumstances - a good woman is hard to find!
Re: When A Girl Can't Cook, And She Doesnt Want To Learn by almondjoy(f): 6:24pm On Jan 01, 2008
Sorry,

There is nothing in any book of civilization that says a woman has to be able to cook.  If she can't cook and is not willing to learn, she is still a human being.  The man should get his arse in the kitchen and cook. I can cook but do not spend more than one weekend in the kitchen because I do not like to cook often.  Not the end of the world, everyone has learned to adjust!!!!!! cool

I have lots of female cousins and friends who are married and can't even boil water.  They still live and act like reasonable human beings.  They pay people to cook or just plainly eat out most of the time. Cooking is not the end of the world in a relationship or marriage.  What is the point of being a wonderful cook when you cannot even spell your name? undecided Cooking may be important to some but not to all,  Don't care if my spouse can cook or clean.  JUST PAY THE GADDEM BILLS!!!!!

Bottom line, you cannot do it all.  If you like to eat till your stomach covers your toes, then befriend or get married to a "buka queen"!  If you find yourself a girlfriend or wife that cannot cook and is not interested in cooking, please let her be and learn to cook yourself or spend your life savings eating out.

This is 2008-----Stop complaining and deal with your handicaps!!!!!

Choose your partners according to what your priority needs are.  Please don't complain "after you have fallen in love"!!!!!

Look before you leap!
Re: When A Girl Can't Cook, And She Doesnt Want To Learn by ell77(f): 6:28pm On Jan 01, 2008
almondjoy:

Sorry,

There is nothing in any book of civilization that says a woman has to be able to cook. If she can't cook and is not willing to learn, she is still a human being. The man should get his arse in the kitchen and cook. I can cook but do not spend more than one weekend in the kitchen because I do not like to cook often. Not the end of the world, everyone has learned to adjust!!!!!! cool

I have lots of female cousins and friends who are married and can't even boil water. They still live and act like reasonable human beings. They pay people to cook or just plainly eat out most of the time. Cooking is not the end of the world in a relationship or marriage. What is the point of being a wonderful cook when you cannot even spell your name? undecided

Bottom line, you cannot do it all. If you like to eat till your stomach covers your toes, then befriend or get married to a "buka queen"! If you find yourself a girlfriend or wife that cannot cook and is not interested in cooking, please let her be and learn to cook yourself or spend your life savings eating out.

This is 2008--stop complaining and deal with your handicaps!!!!!!

Correct lady!
Re: When A Girl Can't Cook, And She Doesnt Want To Learn by NihilceM: 9:02pm On Jan 01, 2008
@ almondjoy

Leave these mugus alone.
This topic has been discussed over and over again.
When they realize that have lost, they'll open up another thread
to make people spend energy in discussing again.

They are desperately looking for approval from other men and women.
But as usual they won't get any, because
village people never find their way to the internet.
And when they do it'll simply mean they have finally enlightened up.

cheesy grin tongue
Re: When A Girl Can't Cook, And She Doesnt Want To Learn by ell77(f): 9:28pm On Jan 01, 2008
Nihil-ce-M:

village people never find their way to the internet.
And when they do it'll simply mean they have finally enlightened up.

cheesy grin tongue

ROFLMAO. True talk! lol. grin
Re: When A Girl Can't Cook, And She Doesnt Want To Learn by Isis1(f): 3:20am On Jan 02, 2008
I wonder about something:
If cooking was mainly a women's thing and men shouldn't do it, then how come that most professional chefs all over the world are men?!
Re: When A Girl Can't Cook, And She Doesnt Want To Learn by Nobody: 3:26am On Jan 02, 2008
dont bother going over this again, simply dump the girl and pick another one who appreciates you enough to take cooking seriously.

No one says a woman MUST cook herself to death to keep a man but it sends a message of how much you are willing to make your marriage work and how much you appreciate your man that you are willing to go that extra mile to get him that hot meal.
You may be surprised to end up with a man who is equally willing to do the cooking.

Many women who complain about cooking only do so to mask their laziness. A woman who cant and wont cook most likely cant keep a home, is dirty/untidy and lazy.
Re: When A Girl Can't Cook, And She Doesnt Want To Learn by Teriba(m): 7:57am On Jan 02, 2008
It is not every marriage that would stand the test of time. World-wide, there are characteristics that have come to define the ones that would last and the ones that wouldn`t. In other words, it`s not something that is peculiar to Africa. Be it in Europe or North America, women that are interested in a life-long marriage know that cooking is part and parcel of the equation while the ones that would end up as career divorcee would see cooking as an avoidable burden.
As far as marriage is concerned, there are too many things that would remain the same for ever and the responsibility for cooking in a matrimonial home is one of them. Partners in a relationship have to meet certain requirements before we can begin to talk of the likelihood for a promising marriage. When you have to bring a cook into your household simply because you married a lazy woman, that single action may set in motion the circumstances that would lead to the end of your marriage; methink prevention is better than cure. I don`t know of any modern man that would fail to cook for a partner that has returned home from work tired and unable to fulfil one role or the other.
In fact, cooking is too elementary to become a talking-point before a marriage, but do not advise your friend to leave her; he should know what he wants from her. Should he seek your advice, do what all good friends would do by telling him what you would do if you were in his shoes. As far as I`m concerned, he should be using a girl like this to warm his bed and body. She is not fit for marriage!
Re: When A Girl Can't Cook, And She Doesnt Want To Learn by NihilceM: 11:34am On Jan 02, 2008
davidylan:

don't bother going over this again, simply dump the girl and pick another one who appreciates you enough to take cooking seriously.

No one says a woman MUST cook herself to death to keep a man but it sends a message of how much you are willing to make your marriage work and how much you appreciate your man that you are willing to go that extra mile to get him that hot meal.
You may be surprised to end up with a man who is equally willing to do the cooking.

Many women who complain about cooking only do so to mask their laziness. A woman who can't and wont cook most likely can't keep a home, is dirty/untidy and lazy.

Man with issues, you are not invited and your opinion is not recquired!
Re: When A Girl Can't Cook, And She Doesnt Want To Learn by kobe(m): 11:39am On Jan 02, 2008
let them have a talk about it. if he can't work it out with her (i.e. she's not willing to reconsider the cooking aspect of their relationship), and he can't deal with it, then he should move on. Let him find someone else that's more suited for him. Leave the girl to a man who can put up with her lack of cooking skills.

It's true cooking is important to most men, so it's highly encouraged that women should indeed learn to cook.
Re: When A Girl Can't Cook, And She Doesnt Want To Learn by tboy1(m): 11:41am On Jan 02, 2008
Nihil-ce-M:

Man with issues, you are not invited and your opinion is not recquired!

Madam, you're still on this issue.If you like don't cook 4 ur man, like i said earlier there are other ladies outside who will do the cooking for you grin grin

@Poster

If she truely loves him, she has to learn how to cook
Re: When A Girl Can't Cook, And She Doesnt Want To Learn by Iman3(m): 11:44am On Jan 02, 2008
tboy1:

Madam, you're still on this issue.If you like don't cook 4 your man, like i said earlier there are other ladies outside who will do the cooking for you grin grin

Leave am na,she is only a teenager and will eventually wisen up grin grin
Re: When A Girl Can't Cook, And She Doesnt Want To Learn by blackgucci(m): 11:50am On Jan 02, 2008
love him? then cook!
Re: When A Girl Can't Cook, And She Doesnt Want To Learn by NihilceM: 11:55am On Jan 02, 2008
tboy1:

Madam, you're still on this issue.If you like don't cook 4 your man, like i said earlier there are other ladies outside who will do the cooking for you grin grin

For bleeping goodness sake, let me be. angry

I-man:

Leave am na,she is only a teenager and will eventually wisen up grin grin

Yes I'll wisen up enough to marry a man who hasn't made food his perogative for a good marriage.
Re: When A Girl Can't Cook, And She Doesnt Want To Learn by tboy1(m): 11:57am On Jan 02, 2008
Nihil-ce-M:

For bleeping goodness sake, let me be. angry

No i won't, until you agree to cook for your man, and whenever you're going to his place you have to carry food you've cooked from home grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

27 Yr Old Teacher Pregnant For A Boy Of 18. / The Real Difference Between 'i Like You' And 'i Love You' / A Guy Kissed My Neck, Is It A Big Deal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.