Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,274 members, 7,815,456 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

CPC & ACN Merger Faces Challenge From Stakeholders - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CPC & ACN Merger Faces Challenge From Stakeholders (11692 Views)

All Progressive Congress (APC) Party: ANPP, CPC, ACN And APGA Finally Merged / ANPP, CPC, ACN To Become One By April – Shekarau / CPC/ACN Alliance: Tinubu, Others Demand S/west V-president Slot. SE Relegated. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CPC & ACN Merger Faces Challenge From Stakeholders by sbeezy8: 10:27pm On Aug 23, 2012
ACN cant merge with CPC no matter how many talks.

I dont even no why ACN is entertaining CPC who dont have a presence is the NASS.
Re: CPC & ACN Merger Faces Challenge From Stakeholders by thelastPope(m): 10:32pm On Aug 23, 2012
Anybody still suggesting Buhari will win a presidential election in Nigeria is on a very loooooonnnng thing! Buhari can only get votes from 2 regions; NW and NE. He cannot win any other region. He is unelectable, just like El Rufai said in 2006. The BH saga has even worsened his case. He cannot even dare campaign in some states except with very heavy security. He is just like the face of terrorism.
Re: CPC & ACN Merger Faces Challenge From Stakeholders by MrCGPA(m): 10:34pm On Aug 23, 2012
I know it will be difficult to merg ACN and CPC. The Aboki will always want their man Buhary to be the flag bearer but thats impossible. ACN cheiftains should know dt ACN has acheived enough and is popular unlike CPC dts only looking for whom to use. Instead of voting Dogs and Baboon(Buhary), I will vote Jonathan 200 times. El-rufail and co should go and face their Boko Haran Business.
Re: CPC & ACN Merger Faces Challenge From Stakeholders by size38: 10:53pm On Aug 23, 2012
Even if CPC merge wit all the political parties in Africa, i still dont see them winning the formidable PDP. Thats the truth.
Re: CPC & ACN Merger Faces Challenge From Stakeholders by lumeneng22: 10:56pm On Aug 23, 2012
Those threatening fire and brimestone now will be the boko haram of the next regim if this arangement works and they win.
Re: CPC & ACN Merger Faces Challenge From Stakeholders by vislabraye(m): 11:00pm On Aug 23, 2012
The alliance would rubbish every fight against anti corruption.
Re: CPC & ACN Merger Faces Challenge From Stakeholders by phemybof(m): 1:21am On Aug 24, 2012
BlackBaron: ACN, CPC AND PDP.
What's the difference please... undecided

Is there an allowance for independent candidates in the Nigerian setting? Enough of leaders tied to the apron strings of cliques of cabals, oil thieves and whatnot.
i dont think ds guy is livin in nigeria,coz if u av eye n brain u can access it urself.PDP d public fund looter,waster n selfish party
Re: CPC & ACN Merger Faces Challenge From Stakeholders by phemybof(m): 1:22am On Aug 24, 2012
BlackBaron: ACN, CPC AND PDP.
What's the difference please... :-

Is there an allowance for independent candidates in the Nigerian setting? Enough of leaders tied to the apron strings of cliques of cabals, oil thieves and whatnot.
i dont think ds guy is livin in nigeria,coz if u av eye n brain u can access it urself.PDP d public fund looter,waster n selfish party
Re: CPC & ACN Merger Faces Challenge From Stakeholders by Alxmyr(m): 3:36am On Aug 24, 2012
Where is Pastor Tunde Bakare in all these permutations?
Re: CPC & ACN Merger Faces Challenge From Stakeholders by kaeto(m): 7:15am On Aug 24, 2012
Even if they merge successfully, a true political analyst should worry the least as the merger will make no difference come 2015. They will never have 5% vote in the SS and SE (a complete failure according to electoral act) in the middle belt they will hit a record less than 20%, failure again, in the SW they will loose some states and in the 12 core northern states,PDP will sure earn 35 to 60% of the votes, due to large membership base,religeous differences and the b.haram dread. The north keeps senselessly dragging themselves in the mud with this blood thirst of power via b.haram and very rarely will a southerner vote for a northern muslim come 2015, same obtains in the SW as majority of christians and ever enlightened yoruba muslims will avoid the ''northern born to rules''. This, am sure is how it pans out in 2015 presidential election. Though the only alternate to this analogy will be the presentation of an IGBO flag bearer by the merger but most unlikely an abomination an hausa muslim and bigots like Buhari will never consider, HMH at merger,LMBAO.
Re: CPC & ACN Merger Faces Challenge From Stakeholders by dtemidare: 8:30am On Aug 24, 2012
Unholy Alliance. ACN + CPC = 2015NEWPDP

ie. TINUBU to loot Nigeria's treasury in 2015 and forever more. they need females there to assist them.
Re: CPC & ACN Merger Faces Challenge From Stakeholders by Cyprealo: 8:32am On Aug 24, 2012
This is an unholy alliance, it is bound to fail.
Re: CPC & ACN Merger Faces Challenge From Stakeholders by Afam4eva(m): 8:43am On Aug 24, 2012
Jarus: I have always known there are PDP-planted fifth columnists in CPC.

What they don't know is they tend to benefit more from this merger. ACN has better structure and not so interested in national power like CPC. ACN is the one doing them favour.
I beg to disagree. The will both benefit from each other. It's not true that ACN is not interested in going national. The truth is they don't have the capacity to go national because there party is a regional one so their best bet is to align with CPC to a get a national deal considering the fact that CPC has it's tentacles throughout the north.

All in all, the merger will put ACN and CPC in a better position to do better than they did the last time but whether they can usurper pdp in the next election is another question because they still need to romance with other regions. I would have suggested they talk to APGA but because APGA is a PDP fvckmate, that may not be possible.
Re: CPC & ACN Merger Faces Challenge From Stakeholders by ariyokunle: 9:24am On Aug 24, 2012
Except a breakup in d pdp,ACN+ CPC cant unseat pdp;dats because d both parties are region restricted but pdp has dia base more spread among all regions.-pls note dis- what ACN needs to unseat pdp is d sametin CPC needs to get dsame,which is dsame logic dat has kept pdp.
Re: CPC & ACN Merger Faces Challenge From Stakeholders by bjdon: 9:39am On Aug 24, 2012
A deep study of the Nigerian political landscape shows that the North is in BIG trouble. The 3 zones in the south and the North Central are quite unlikely to vote for a Northern Muslim due to all the violence they have been getting since the slaughter of the Youth coppers(with no sign of remorse from Osama bin Buhari) to the continuing menace of BH. Tinubu would be quite unwise to go into a merger with the CPC, as the Youruba are not cattle who will just vote for a Northern Muslim because Tinubu says so. The only way CPC can get relevance in 2015 is to either merge with AC or APGA and accept to be the junior partner in such a relationship. There is NO WAY in a free and fair vote a Northern Muslim wins in 2015. That's not sentiment speaking, I am just calling it how I see it.
Re: CPC & ACN Merger Faces Challenge From Stakeholders by lanrefront1(m): 10:05am On Aug 24, 2012
Billyonaire: Their merger should not fail. I expect them to merge and nominate someone better than GEJ. I am yet to see such a candidate, that can buckle the Sandals of GEJ. Buhari is politically dead. Tinubu is politically in limbo. El-Rufai has gone loco on twitter. Sanusi too north-extreme in his belief system. I look around in all honesty, I see nothing good coming out of the abortion called Merger.

Why anyone would listen to the opinion of an agent paid for the very purpose of having that opinion and convincing other to toe the same line, continues to beat my imagination?
Re: CPC & ACN Merger Faces Challenge From Stakeholders by Nobody: 10:26am On Aug 24, 2012
So, if indeed this purported merger is for real, how does the ACN and CPC intend on solving the problem of the leadership of the supposed merger Methinks he that dines with the devil should do so with a veeeeerrrrryyyyyy long spoon. ACN beware.
Re: CPC & ACN Merger Faces Challenge From Stakeholders by azyaq(m): 10:27am On Aug 24, 2012
MERGERS OF THEIFS AND ROGUE. THEM GO BEGIN DECEIVE US AGAIN cry cry
Re: CPC & ACN Merger Faces Challenge From Stakeholders by jerusalem101: 11:05am On Aug 24, 2012
Na 2day!!!! see looters in disguise,,all of una na politicians una be.And POLITICIANS will always be POLITICIANS.......
Re: CPC & ACN Merger Faces Challenge From Stakeholders by Akanbiedu(m): 11:06am On Aug 24, 2012
afam4eva:
I beg to disagree. The will both benefit from each other. It's not true that ACN is not interested in going national. The truth is they don't have the capacity to go national because there party is a regional one so their best bet is to align with CPC to a get a national deal considering the fact that CPC has it's tentacles throughout the north.

All in all, the merger will put ACN and CPC in a better position to do better than they did the last time but whether they can usurper pdp in the next election is another question because they still need to romance with other regions. I would have suggested they talk to APGA but because APGA is a PDP fvckmate, that may not be possible.

ACN is as popular as CPC in the north. In fact ACN is stronger in the north than CPC. So I don't know where you guys got this REGIONAL B/S from.
Re: CPC & ACN Merger Faces Challenge From Stakeholders by Afam4eva(m): 11:14am On Aug 24, 2012
Akanbi_edu:

ACN is as popular as CPC in the north. In fact ACN is stronger in the north than CPC. So I don't know where you guys got this REGIONAL B/S from.
Pls read the bolded again and tell me you made a mistake.
Re: CPC & ACN Merger Faces Challenge From Stakeholders by Akanbiedu(m): 11:19am On Aug 24, 2012
afam4eva:
Pls read the bolded again and tell me you made a mistake.

Well, it wasn't.
Re: CPC & ACN Merger Faces Challenge From Stakeholders by Afam4eva(m): 11:24am On Aug 24, 2012
Akanbi_edu:

Well, it wasn't.
Then explain to me why you think that ACN is more prominent in the north than CPC.
Re: CPC & ACN Merger Faces Challenge From Stakeholders by princenayo: 11:35am On Aug 24, 2012
Individual ego and greedy cant allow such merger to wok. I think it will be easier to merge with BOKO BOyS.
Re: CPC & ACN Merger Faces Challenge From Stakeholders by geogina1234(m): 12:08pm On Aug 24, 2012
ebamma: why u no go laugh agent of pdp like u.
i still dey laugh ooooooooo, CPC like you, because ACN no want aboki like you grin grin grin grin
Re: CPC & ACN Merger Faces Challenge From Stakeholders by mamikky: 12:20pm On Aug 24, 2012
If both ACN and CPC are facing challenges and getting it wrong at this teething stage of merger. What goodies will the parties come up with if per chance the merger works out and given the opportunity to rule Nigeria? Deception of grandeur
Re: CPC & ACN Merger Faces Challenge From Stakeholders by Akanbiedu(m): 12:22pm On Aug 24, 2012
afam4eva:
Then explain to me why you think that ACN is more prominent in the north than CPC.

I intend to support this position with some stats. I don't have enough time now to deal with it. Follow the thread, I'll be back with my reasons.
Re: CPC & ACN Merger Faces Challenge From Stakeholders by victorD3: 12:29pm On Aug 24, 2012
Merger or no merger Goodluck will be there for 8yrs.PDP will make ACN an offer they can not refuse in 2015 then rob the house.
Re: CPC & ACN Merger Faces Challenge From Stakeholders by lanrefront1(m): 1:28pm On Aug 24, 2012
Billyonaire: Their merger should not fail. I expect them to merge and nominate someone better than GEJ. I am yet to see such a candidate, that can buckle the Sandals of GEJ. Buhari is politically dead. Tinubu is politically in limbo. El-Rufai has gone loco on twitter. Sanusi too north-extreme in his belief system. I look around in all honesty, I see nothing good coming out of the abortion called Merger.
Re: CPC & ACN Merger Faces Challenge From Stakeholders by rolchi(m): 2:02pm On Aug 24, 2012
PapaBrowne: ACN would do itself in if it merges with CPC. It would loose ground to PDP in its stronghold if it marries CPC.
Oshiomole knew better. The CPC candidate in Edo State dumped his ambition and threw his weight behind Oshiomole claiming that ACN and CPC are working together. He claimed Buhari was going to visit the state to campaign for Oshiomole.
The offer was rejected and turned down immediately by the oshiomole camp.
Buhari is a big liability in the south and the ACN should be ready to loose their fervour if they enter such a merger!

My broda, you are a true democrat and a juggernaut...greetings
Re: CPC & ACN Merger Faces Challenge From Stakeholders by Mandelaguy(m): 2:15pm On Aug 24, 2012
Greed will always play a prominent role in politics. These guys are fighting PDP and GEJ with the position that they are saints,look at an ordinary merger,conflicting views are already killing it before commencement.

1 Like

Re: CPC & ACN Merger Faces Challenge From Stakeholders by bubadaniel13: 2:41pm On Aug 24, 2012
It will not stand the test of time oh....parties that are regional based with selfish people at the top,we may think that they are trying to fight corruption and can give governance,the PDP that we are complaining abt maybe a saint compared to these parties ....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos, Ogun, Ondo To Experience Power-Cut For 72hrs / President Buhari To Visit Lagos on a 2-Day Working Visit To Commission Projects / Cut All The Expenses Of Every Aspect Of The Government By 60% – Obi Tells FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.