Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:23 AM

Lagos, Ogun, Ondo To Experience Power-Cut For 72hrs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos, Ogun, Ondo To Experience Power-Cut For 72hrs (11690 Views)

FG Denies Salary Cut For Ministers / Red Alert: If War Come Biafra Can Crush Nigeria Military In 72hrs-ifeduba / Ondo To Ban Sale Of Coffins Near Hospitals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos, Ogun, Ondo To Experience Power-Cut For 72hrs by jidsoon(m): 7:55am On Apr 04, 2013
Beginning Friday, residents of Lagos, Ogun and Ondo states are to experience a 72-hour power cut, which would last till Sunday, April 7, as a result of additional gas supply to the Chevron Escravos Gas plants. The power supply cut was announced by Chairman of the Presidential Task Force on Power (PTFP), Mr. Beks Dagogo Jack, in a statement made available to Daily Sun, in Abuja, yesterday.

The Chevron Escravos Gas plant supplies gas for power generation in Egbin Power Plant, Lagos, Omotosho Power Plants 1 & 2 in Ondo State and Olorunsogo Power Plant in Ogun State. A copy of the Daily Operational Report of power generation for Monday April 1, 2013 exclusively obtained by Daily Sun indicated that Egbin which has installed available capacity of 1100mw generated 920mw, while Omotosho with installed available capacity of 126mw generated 114mw and Olorunsogo with installed capacity of 126mw generated 114mw.

However, Dagogo Jack maintained that the outage will take about 800 megawatts out of available supply during the three day period and will be inclusive of the Shell Afam VI scheduled maintenance which contributes about 200 megawatts to the power shortfall. “The PTFP is coordinating with the relevant project owners to further mitigate the effect of the expected power shortfall. The scheduled maintenance operations of this nature are normal in ensuring that power supply is sustained in the long term.”

The statement quoted Dagogo-Jack further as saying that, the maintenance exercise can be likened to the periodic servicing of a vehicle in order to get the desired level of service reliability, stating that basic machines such as cars must be maintained at determined intervals to ensure optimal power plants efficiency. The chairman also stated that the benefits of this culture of disciplined maintenance far outweigh the cost of a two to three day inconvenience reduced supply, promising that the increased generation alongside future planned maintenance would have minimal impact on supply.

Dagogo-Jack, however, prayed for the support and understanding of Nigerians during this unavoidable period of power cut, while assuring the public that in spite of the daunting challenges on the way, government’s determination to transform the power sector remains a top priority. The chairman said PTEF is coordinating with Chevron, Nigerian Gas Company (NGC), a subsidiary of NNPC alongside the Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN) to ensure that the scheduled gas outage at the Chevron Escravos Gas plant from April 5–7, 2013 will be executed with minimal disruption to the supply of electricity in the country.

The outage, according to him is scheduled for the tie in of additional gas supply from the plant. He assured further that as part of the mitigating plan, transmission line maintenance in the Lagos area will also be conducted in tandem to avoid sequential outages.

http://news.naij.com/29834.html
Re: Lagos, Ogun, Ondo To Experience Power-Cut For 72hrs by Nobody: 8:02am On Apr 04, 2013
1st
Re: Lagos, Ogun, Ondo To Experience Power-Cut For 72hrs by Valto(m): 8:16am On Apr 04, 2013
ok..noted!!
Re: Lagos, Ogun, Ondo To Experience Power-Cut For 72hrs by badmarket: 8:20am On Apr 04, 2013
Hope phcn won't charge for dis light out.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos, Ogun, Ondo To Experience Power-Cut For 72hrs by Mobsync(m): 8:23am On Apr 04, 2013
Noted. Bt I'm sure it won't affect light in my area. Dey haven't given us light since d past 3 weeks. So weda dey shut down or shut up, it won't still affect us. No lightsad

9 Likes

Re: Lagos, Ogun, Ondo To Experience Power-Cut For 72hrs by dridowu: 9:24am On Apr 04, 2013
D last time i saw power @ home was more dan a week ago, so what is d 72hrs. Bad FG

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Ogun, Ondo To Experience Power-Cut For 72hrs by Nobody: 9:25am On Apr 04, 2013
After the third day, we get light till eternity right

2 Likes

Re: Lagos, Ogun, Ondo To Experience Power-Cut For 72hrs by Judolisco(m): 9:25am On Apr 04, 2013
Wats d difference ar dey giving us light b4 let dem take it abeg wetin generator dey 4
Re: Lagos, Ogun, Ondo To Experience Power-Cut For 72hrs by greall1: 9:25am On Apr 04, 2013
what is difference when there is no power - cut
Re: Lagos, Ogun, Ondo To Experience Power-Cut For 72hrs by club12: 9:26am On Apr 04, 2013
OK.... HOPE 72HRS WON'T TURN TO 72YRS.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos, Ogun, Ondo To Experience Power-Cut For 72hrs by slimyem: 9:26am On Apr 04, 2013
Can't they do or fix what the have to in lesser hours?72 hrs is too much o.Haba!!undecided
Re: Lagos, Ogun, Ondo To Experience Power-Cut For 72hrs by tjskii(f): 9:27am On Apr 04, 2013
Thank God say e no reach ibadan tongue

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Ogun, Ondo To Experience Power-Cut For 72hrs by greall1: 9:28am On Apr 04, 2013
U are out of your sense by post dis rubbish here.

ukorebi (jnr):
I came across this site on one of my browsing escapades. At first a little a bit skeptical I had filled out a form i consciously overtook for a joke besides signed up besides it was a free service, anybody could sign up after some few days I got a message from Pay-Pal after two days that my online account had been credited. As faith would have it I got to the bank with my ATM card that was last week. What met my eyes i must say was an absolute shock as well as unexpected. To my surprise my account was credited with $500 just like that ''mind you here'' I did absolutely nothing to earn that SUM OF MONEY it's a wonder.

Sharing this information with others is an absolute joy something most Nigerians find it difficult to do. At least I get to touch the lives of others positively, http://bee4biz/?ref=33126
All you need do is sign up you will also need an ATM card Visa, Verve & Masta card to get your payments and make withdrawals hear in Nigeria. Check it out see how much you can make for yourself YOU can thank me later
smiley
Re: Lagos, Ogun, Ondo To Experience Power-Cut For 72hrs by poshpimkiey(f): 9:29am On Apr 04, 2013
Nigeria has dams, we even supply to some countries n dey have to deprive 3 states jst to supply to one company. Oh... Chukwu abiama

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Ogun, Ondo To Experience Power-Cut For 72hrs by Akpaife(m): 9:31am On Apr 04, 2013
Must lagos,ogun n ondo get light abeg front page

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Ogun, Ondo To Experience Power-Cut For 72hrs by iamswizz(m): 9:32am On Apr 04, 2013
Re: Lagos, Ogun, Ondo To Experience Power-Cut For 72hrs by shiftmarket(m): 9:33am On Apr 04, 2013
Is this sheer coincidence, all the states are AC states.
Hope non b punishment o?
Re: Lagos, Ogun, Ondo To Experience Power-Cut For 72hrs by a1solution: 9:34am On Apr 04, 2013
[size=20pt]Nigeria Must Move Forward. PHCN can not stop it[/size]

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Ogun, Ondo To Experience Power-Cut For 72hrs by Dyt(f): 9:36am On Apr 04, 2013
Like they give before
Shior

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Ogun, Ondo To Experience Power-Cut For 72hrs by alickdavid(m): 9:36am On Apr 04, 2013
I gues it has taken effect 2day; in my area
Make dis idiots bring lyt make i pump n store water na.
Re: Lagos, Ogun, Ondo To Experience Power-Cut For 72hrs by vision2050: 9:36am On Apr 04, 2013
na today we don dey experience it since 1974
Re: Lagos, Ogun, Ondo To Experience Power-Cut For 72hrs by ochukoccna: 9:37am On Apr 04, 2013
shiftmarket: Is this sheer coincidence, all the states are AC states.
Hope non b punishment o?

Olodo, so Ondo is now an ACN state
Re: Lagos, Ogun, Ondo To Experience Power-Cut For 72hrs by olempe(m): 9:43am On Apr 04, 2013
ukorebi (jnr):
I came across this site on one of my browsing escapades. At first a little a bit skeptical I had filled out a form i consciously overtook for a joke besides signed up besides it was a free service, anybody could sign up after some few days I got a message from Pay-Pal after two days that my online account had been credited. As faith would have it I got to the bank with my ATM card that was last week. What met my eyes i must say was an absolute shock as well as unexpected. To my surprise my account was credited with $500 just like that ''mind you here'' I did absolutely nothing to earn that SUM OF MONEY it's a wonder.

Sharing this information with others is an absolute joy something most Nigerians find it difficult to do. At least I get to touch the lives of others positively, http://bee4biz/?ref=33126
All you need do is sign up you will also need an ATM card Visa, Verve & Masta card to get your payments and make withdrawals hear in Nigeria. Check it out see how much you can make for yourself YOU can thank me later
smiley

You're jobless son, product of a failed system!

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Ogun, Ondo To Experience Power-Cut For 72hrs by olempe(m): 9:46am On Apr 04, 2013
ochukoccna:

Olodo, Ondo is now an ACN state

You be the real olodo, Ondo is an LP (Labour Party) state.
Re: Lagos, Ogun, Ondo To Experience Power-Cut For 72hrs by omiobo: 9:49am On Apr 04, 2013
tjskii: Thank God say e no reach ibadan tongue
That one mean say make u no sleep for darkness
Re: Lagos, Ogun, Ondo To Experience Power-Cut For 72hrs by exbash: 9:59am On Apr 04, 2013
olempe:

You be the real olodo, Ondo is an LP (Labour Party) state.

You b the mega Olodo, Ondo is a LP state..... grin a,e, i,u...... cheesy
Re: Lagos, Ogun, Ondo To Experience Power-Cut For 72hrs by KenJak(m): 10:07am On Apr 04, 2013
Rubbish! In my own area, Ayegunle Oka Akoko in Ondo state, it's been more than two weeks since we had power supply till now. So,what rubbish is the Idiot saying? That's absolutely none of our business in my own area. We're used to it already.
Re: Lagos, Ogun, Ondo To Experience Power-Cut For 72hrs by wahihi(m): 10:08am On Apr 04, 2013
The regime should do all things potential to make sure there is 24 hours power supply in this country because many part of the nation are lacking behind in the aspect of power supply. E.g Kwale in Delta State.
Re: Lagos, Ogun, Ondo To Experience Power-Cut For 72hrs by 3kay945(m): 10:21am On Apr 04, 2013
exbash:

b the mega Olodo, Ondo is a LP state..... grin a,e, i,u...... cheesy

gringrin
Re: Lagos, Ogun, Ondo To Experience Power-Cut For 72hrs by onoerime: 10:31am On Apr 04, 2013
No light now at my own area. Satallite ijegun for the past three weeks. 72hrs na jara

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

IPOB Threatens To Kidnap 5 Southeast Governors, Ebonyi Governor Raises Alarm / EFCC Re-arraigns Saraki’s Aide, Makanjuola, Others For N3.5bn Fraud / No Evidence Buhari Is In Charge- PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.