Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,182 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:29 AM

What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? - Food (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? (20729 Views)

What's Your Worst Cooking/kitchen Chore? / What's Your Worst Cooking Chore?? / Your Worst Cooking Mistake Ever! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by Diakpa(m): 9:29am On Aug 30, 2012
De-Genius:
The day I tried to cook vegetable soup. i put plenty water that made almost all the vegetables float.
And u call urself 'de genius'.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by FOREXMART(m): 5:50pm On Dec 25, 2012
kunletiwoo: Added a tin tomatoes to the “Egusi” soup I cooked while in school. So irritating to me after cooking. I was later told by a girl in ma lodge that it was because of the tomatoes. lol

I hardly cook egusi soup without tin tomatoes and if i do u will lick ur fingers.
Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Dec 25, 2012
Mixed semolina with iyan flour and curious to see the end product, salivating to try with egusi & spinach ..... chei chei come see fight cheesy cheesy.... broke my wooden spoon embarassed, throway the pot away with it cheesy cheesy
Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by KateSpade(f): 7:37am On Dec 28, 2012
Baked apple pie
put too much flour

tasted bad
Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by Nobody: 10:03am On Dec 28, 2012
chimimi: D day dat i put curry powder in bitterleaf soup..tot it wz grinded pepper!

The day I put curry in beans. Thought it was grinded pepper cos there was no light
Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by moonbaby(f): 3:44pm On Jan 01, 2013
I wouldn't call this a blunder more like a very stupid mistake.

Mom was cooking egusi soup with all sorts of assorted meats, she was running late for work that afternoon so she told me and my sister to finish up the soup for her. All that was left to add is iru (locust bean) and palm oil.

Hmmm I felt so lazy to get up from my bed that day so I scooped 5 spoonfuls of iru into a container, poured water to rinse the iru from dirts and sand..

As i was too lazy, i just used another spoon to start scooping the iru into the egusi soup. Infact the remaining water from the iru water, I poured evrything into the pot.

After few more minutes egusi was done. Mom came back from work that night and I prepared poundo yam for her and the entire house. Most people in my family tends to chew rolled/lumpy egusi so while we were eating everybody started biting on salt. I nearly died that day, I was quiet and mom was like how come this soup is full of sand, I was like I don't know maybe it's from the spinach you washed mom grin grin cheesy

Days later I couldn't take the guilt evrytime I see her in pain while eating the egusi so I finally confessed. Thank God I was far away from her otherwise I would have received hot slap. cheesy
Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by saiprojects(f): 2:05pm On Feb 09, 2013
Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by prasadkunala: 11:22am On May 31, 2013
tried to cook vegetable with melon or lemon as in efo elegusi.got the recipe over the phone and guess wot,i can describe wot i cooked but ate it for like a week before the thing finish.
Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by breadplanet(f): 6:13pm On Jun 09, 2013
tchidi: I cooked beans, looked really nice. Just as I was about dishing it, I saw my pounded pepper n crayfish in the mortar!!! embarassed
Hahahahahahaahaha
Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by fatibombom: 10:30am On Jul 04, 2013
Blue moon: this one is about 3 months ago. i can make moi-moi but on this particular day, i forgot to buy tomato and red peppers to give it color. My roommate wasn't around and her phone was switched off so didn't want to use her own before problem start. so guess what i used? palm oil o! i poured it into the moimoi mixture feeling cool with myself. made my lovely foil packs. poured the mixture. when it cooked it looked wonderful, but the taste eh? when i took a bite. i abandoned the whole pot o! straight into the trash can.
Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by fatibombom: 10:38am On Jul 04, 2013
[quote author=fatibombom][/quote]
Sorry tomatoes are nt used in moi moi. And there is nothing bad in using palm oil instead of ground oil. So something else must have given it a awful taste
Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by wittyshey: 8:22pm On Jul 09, 2013
Mine was the day I added more oil to the egg I was frying.......I then discovered it was kerosene after dishing it.
Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by Nobody: 2:42am On Jul 10, 2013
Baked cheesecake undecided
Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by MizEmerald(f): 5:15pm On Jul 19, 2013
The first time I was going to cook alone in my 100l,I simply poured my blended tomatoes and pepper inside the pot,added maggi and salt,minutes later dat I checked I was like d face of dis tin doesn't look good nah,I had totally forgotten to add oil.
Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by MizEmerald(f): 5:18pm On Jul 19, 2013
I also made yam porridge and added tin tomato,mixture was so black it looked like poo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Can Pregnant Woman Drink Zobo Drink????? / 5 Ways To Eat What You Want And Still Be Healthy / Show Your Christmas✨ Cooking & What Meat You Are Using ✌️

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.