Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,752 members, 7,809,883 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:34 PM

Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? (30019 Views)

THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 / Beauty Of Middlebelt Nigerian Women / The Kongo Kingdom...A underrated Kingdom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by Nobody: 11:59pm On Sep 05, 2012
Blyss:

Sure I have. I've had bad things to say about most every group in the world, including BA. cheesy But what I want to know from you is, exactly how the fact that I've expressed some negative issues about various types of Africans, is an insinuation of that I'm not married to an Nigerian-American? I've known black dudes who hate whites with a passion, yet are married to white women, and I've known black women who were involved with white guys who don't really like blacks all that much. I don't hate Africans, though there are some common social issues with them in which I don't agree with, and I've expressed that here. My wife may be of direct African descent, though she is second generation and is VERY American, so she is in effect more of an Black-American than she is African.

lol.

ok kony.

you compared your situation to that of closet bigots and at the same time ask for clarification? grin

Also Mrs.Blyss is the "Mrs." because she is more American? ok.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by Nobody: 12:01am On Sep 06, 2012
KingMichael777:

I kinda disagree a bit. Because on the northeast many AA's are mixed with Caribbeans(Jamaicans,Bajans, Haitian,etc). Caribbeans culture has influenced AA's on the northeast. But else where its kinda different. On the west coast/south some AA's never heard dance-hall music. Most of these AA Supremacist are not from the Northeast and that is why they are not understanding of Caribbean people. Just my 2 cents.

Lets not forget both AA's and Caribbeans helped influence hip hop.

Actually kony aka blyss IS from the NE grin

that's all I have to say about that. grin
btw Dancehall is not the only thing we Caribs brought to the table.

Hip Hop is another product of our heritage. East, west, North, south..once you listen to and appreciate hip hop, you are also appreciating PART of Jamaican culture.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by Nobody: 12:02am On Sep 06, 2012
Mrs..Chima:

Even the fione ones Why are you so against Jamo men??!!!!!! angry angry

Im not. lol I love them. cheesy
But...

They scuuuurrr me. sad
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by Nobody: 12:06am On Sep 06, 2012
BelaMorena:

Actually kony aka blyss IS from the NE grin

that's all I have to say about that. grin
btw Dancehall is not the only thing we Caribs brought to the table.

Hip Hop is another product of our heritage. East, west, North, south..once you listen to and appreciate hip hop, you are also appreciating PART of Jamaican culture.

From my experience the AA's that are not tolerant of non AA blacks are the ones that do not live in the northeast.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by Nobody: 12:06am On Sep 06, 2012
Viewing this topic: Mrs..Chima(f), Blyss, BelaMorena, KingMichael777(m) and 1 guest(s)

lol @ everyone waiting grin

*orders pizza* cool
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by Nobody: 12:07am On Sep 06, 2012
BelaMorena:

Im not. lol I love them. cheesy
But...

They scuuuurrr me. sad

Jamaicans are crazy...
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by Nobody: 12:09am On Sep 06, 2012
KingMichael777:

From my experience the AA's that are not tolerant of non AA blacks are the ones that do not live in the northeast.

Trust me some secretly despise non-AA blacks and vice versa.

Just because you don't say disrespectful stuff aloud doesn't mean it isnt recited on the inside. Like right now, argue with an AA from NY and let them know you have caribbean roots and see if you don't get the "curried goat" or the "work 100 jobs" jokes. grin

The curried goat one should be familiar to you blyss. wink lipsrsealed
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by Nobody: 12:10am On Sep 06, 2012
KingMichael777:

Jamaicans are crazy...

lol...nooo! we're nice! grin

sweetest people on the planet. grin grin

*looks @ king and chima*
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by onila(f): 12:10am On Sep 06, 2012
caribeans, AA's don't really like Africans
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by Nobody: 12:11am On Sep 06, 2012
onila: carribeans, AA's don't really like Africans

and vice versa.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by Nobody: 12:11am On Sep 06, 2012
BelaMorena:

Trust me some secretly despise non-AA blacks and vice versa.

Just because you don't say disrespectful stuff aloud doesn't mean it isnt recited on the inside. Like right now, argue with an AA from NY and let them know you have caribbean roots and see if you don't get the "curried goat" or the "work 100 jobs" jokes. grin

The curried goat one should be familiar to you blyss. wink lipsrsealed

Disagree 100%... AA's in NYC are cool with Jamaicans and Puerto Ricans. Even if Jamos and PR may beef with AA's... Jamos and Pr's are still our biggest allies.

AA's are usually cruel to Haitians and sometimes Africans from what I've seen. But AA's are sometimes cool with Americanized Nigerians.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by onila(f): 12:11am On Sep 06, 2012
they only like ethiopians grin
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by Nobody: 12:12am On Sep 06, 2012
BelaMorena:

lol...nooo! we're nice! grin

sweetest people on the planet. grin grin

*looks @ king and chima*

Pfff... Some off my Jamaican friends use to keep Machetes in their closet.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by Nobody: 12:12am On Sep 06, 2012
onila: they only like ethiopians grin

Not in DC...
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by onila(f): 12:15am On Sep 06, 2012
KingMichael777:

Not in DC...

they only treat the beautiful Africans that have style or what they consider as "cool"
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by onila(f): 12:16am On Sep 06, 2012
the only afro-centric/pan-Africanists Caribbeans I have met are Jamaicans, surprisingly undecided
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by Nobody: 12:17am On Sep 06, 2012
KingMichael777:

Disagree 100%... AA's in NYC are cool with Jamaicans and Puerto Ricans. Even if Jamos and PR may beef with AA's... Jamos and Pr's are still our biggest allies.

AA's are usually cruel to Haitians and sometimes Africans from what I've seen. But AA's are sometimes cool with Americanized Nigerians.

thats because the Dominicans, Puerto Ricans and Jamaicans went to NY didn't take any shyt from the Americans.

My mom told me stories of how they used to tell them to go back to the islands on their banana boats and would get their azzes kicked without fail. grin grin grin

Fear is not respect. grin Though I will say some AAs genuinely are openminded. So you see a lot of them in our stores and restaurants and admire the culture. In fact it's not rare to see AAs speakin excellent patois in Brooklyn.

The Haitians used to be picked on even within the caribbean community because they are (and I hate to say it) the "most african" of all the islanders plus they are a very self-secluded ppl. So added with the "voodoo" stereotypes, they were picked on mercilessly by AAs and other caribbeans BUT, NOW? Esp. since they are here in large numbers, you wouldn't dare try that shyt! grin They will chop you before you can say "Hai" grin grin
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by Nobody: 12:18am On Sep 06, 2012
onila:

they only treat the beautiful Africans that have style or what they consider as "cool"

We AA's are usually get along with Americanized Africans. But you're cool onila. smiley
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by Nobody: 12:19am On Sep 06, 2012
onila: the only afro-centric/pan-Africanists Caribbeans I have met are Jamaicans, surprisingly undecided

true.

onila: they only like ethiopians grin

naw. ethiopia was hyped up in our part of the world during the sixties.
Now, nobody thinks of ethiopia except some rastas who make pilgrimage.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by Nobody: 12:20am On Sep 06, 2012
KingMichael777:

Pfff... Some off my Jamaican friends use to keep Machetes in their closet.

ok we have some in my house grin

but thats beside the point. cool
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by Nobody: 12:20am On Sep 06, 2012
BelaMorena:

thats because the Dominicans, Puerto Ricans and Jamaicans went to NY didn't take any shyt from the Americans.

My mom told me stories of how they used to tell them to go back to the islands on their banana boats and would get their azzes kicked without fail. grin grin grin

Fear is not respect. grin Though I will say some AAs genuinely are openminded. So you see a lot of them in our stores and restaurants and admire the culture. In fact it's not rare to see AAs speakin excellent patois in Brooklyn.

The Haitians used to be picked on even within the caribbean community because they are (and I hate to say it) the "most african" of all the islanders plus they are a very self-secluded. So added with the "voodoo" stereotypes, they were picked on mercilessly by AAs and other caribbeans BUT, NOW? Esp. since they are here in large numbers, you wouldn't dare try that shyt! grin They will chop you before you can say "Hai" grin grin

I heard that a lot about Haitians being "most Africans"..

But in Miami Florida AA's, Latinos or other Caribbeans wouldn't dare mess with Haitians. Down there Haitians don't play around compared to up north.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by Nobody: 12:22am On Sep 06, 2012
KingMichael777:

I heard that a lot about Haitians being "most Africans"..

But in Miami Florida AA's, Latinos or other Caribbeans wouldn't dare mess with Haitians. Down there Haitians don't play around compared to up north.

lol other caribbeans practically BOW to haitians in miami! grin grin grin grin grin

dont fck with the "zoes!" grin
BelaMorena:

ok we have some in my house grin

but thats beside the point. cool

I think Jamaicans are so violent(no offense) is because some of them have Ashanti blood and Ashanti's were true warriors. Just my 2 cents.
KingMichael777:

I think Jamaicans are so violent(no offense) is because some of them have Ashanti blood and Ashanti's were true warriors. Just my 2 cents.

thats a stereotype.

i now some jamos who will cry if you yell at them.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by Nobody: 12:23am On Sep 06, 2012
BelaMorena:

lol other caribbeans practically BOW to haitians in miami! grin grin grin grin grin

dont fck with the "zoes!" grin

Lol @ Zoe Pound.

Haitians down there seem to be more organized and successful.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by onila(f): 12:23am On Sep 06, 2012
KingMichael777:

We AA's are usually get along with Americanized Africans. But you're cool onila. smiley

smiley

thats what am saying. .only the cool americanized Africans that are good looking grin

Many Caribbeanz are quite stuck up! its only the Jamaicans that are friendly

I asked why-some Jamaicans told me because they teach them African history @ secondary schools in Jamaica smiley
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by Nobody: 12:23am On Sep 06, 2012
BelaMorena:

thats a stereotype.

i now some jamos who will cry if you yell at them.

Those must be the ones with a lot of white blood. grin
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by Nobody: 12:25am On Sep 06, 2012
KingMichael777:

Lol @ Zoe Pound.

Haitians down there seem to be more organized and successful.

they are.

they are like on some "mafia" type ish.

that is because a lot of them are ex cons who escaped from the island and brought the "slum mentality" with them from haiti.

some of them are killers! it's so rough that when some haitians are to be deported they would rather serve in american jails rather than go back home.

and the closeness of the US to haiti makes it much easier for the rough necks to settle in florida as opposed to going to NY where the more docile "hard working" haitians are.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by Nobody: 12:25am On Sep 06, 2012
onila:

smiley

thats what am saying. .only the cool americanized Africans that are good looking grin

Many Caribbeanz are quite stuck up! its only the Jamaicans that are friendly

I asked why-some Jamaicans told me because they teach them African history @ secondary schools in Jamaica smiley

The well educated Caribbeans are different though. You're average Caribbean is that well educated on African history. Jamaicans and Haitians on the other hand have a rich history compared to other islanders.

I know my Trini girls are stuck up. cheesy
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by Nobody: 12:26am On Sep 06, 2012
Blyss:

Don't listen to that confused child. She claims that there is beef, I prefer the word confrontation, between she and I simply because I've been intolerant of her anti Black-American crap she's been spewing around here ever since she joined this dump, same as Kony, but he's a bit more militant than I. If you keep up your speaking out against her antics, then you too will be considered as "having beef with her" and hating Africans. cheesy That's just how shallow of girl she is, as well as many others around here.

wink
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by Nobody: 12:27am On Sep 06, 2012
BelaMorena:

they are.

they are like on some "mafia" type ish.

that is because a lot of them are ex cons who escaped from the island and brought the "slum mentality" with them from haiti.

some of them are killers! it's so rough that when some haitians are to be deported they would rather serve in american jails rather than go back home.

and the closeness of the US to haiti makes it much easier for the rough necks to settle in florida as opposed to going to NY where the more docile "hard working" haitians are.

I'm not just talking about crime, but a lot Haitians in Florida seem to own a lot of business and I hear they have their own TV stations.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by onila(f): 12:27am On Sep 06, 2012
hatians are cool too

the hatian men are quite crazy undecided he was nice 2 me

he kept on saying how he survived the earth-quake grin

i have only met two hatians tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife Visits Enugu For The 49 Convocation Of UNN / Two German Mayors Dressed In Tiv Attire At A German Festival / Ooni Ogunwusi Arrives Nigeria Today. Pictured At Murtala Mohammed Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.