Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,418 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? (30050 Views)

THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 / Beauty Of Middlebelt Nigerian Women / The Kongo Kingdom...A underrated Kingdom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by Nobody: 12:27am On Sep 06, 2012
in miami they used to have what the AAs called "beat up haitian fridays" back when the haitians were small in number...but then when the "zoes" came to the states that all changed!

in fact if you don't claim haitian heritage sometimes that alone can get someone killed.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by Nobody: 12:28am On Sep 06, 2012
KingMichael777:

I'm not just talking about crime, but a lot Haitians in Florida seem to own a lot of business and I hear they have their own TV stations.

no offence but how do you think many of those business got started? lipsrsealed

yeah they do.

every caribbean person admires their love for one another.
there is a saying among some jamos that "a haitian is the best type of friend".

Jamos and haitians beef the most and yet still have the closest bond lol.

any haitian will tell you there is "something" between us. lol
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by onila(f): 12:29am On Sep 06, 2012
I thot it was the jamaicans that were the wild ones its on nairaland I learnt hatians are actually more rough than Jamaicans
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by Nobody: 12:30am On Sep 06, 2012
KingMichael777:

I kinda disagree a bit. Because on the northeast many AA's are mixed with Caribbeans(Jamaicans,Bajans, Haitian,etc). Caribbeans culture has influenced AA's on the northeast. But else where its kinda different. On the west coast/south some AA's never heard dance-hall music. Most of these AA Supremacist are not from the Northeast and that is why they are not understanding of Caribbean people. Just my 2 cents.

Lets not forget both AA's and Caribbeans helped influence hip hop.

Well a lot of AAs dont live in those areas compared to other parts of the U.S., so the caribbean influence is nonexistent in places like the south and midwest. West Coast AAs are diluted imo.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by onila(f): 12:30am On Sep 06, 2012
BelaMorena:

thats a stereotype.

i now some jamos who will cry if you yell at them.

I have never met a weak Jamaican shocked
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by Nobody: 12:31am On Sep 06, 2012
BelaMorena: in miami they used to have what the AAs called "beat up haitian fridays" back when the haitians were small in number...but then when the "zoes" came to the states that all changed!

in fact if you don't claim haitian heritage sometimes that alone can get someone killed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZJJz4pNz5U
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by Nobody: 12:31am On Sep 06, 2012
onila:
I thot it was the jamaicans that were the wild ones its on nairaland I learnt hatians are actually more rough than Jamaicans

some.

not all haitians are rough, not all jamos are rough.

jamaicans are known to be the roughest because of the tactics the gangsters used to instill fear in people.

i dont even want to talk about that. undecided
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by Nobody: 12:32am On Sep 06, 2012
KingMichael777:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZJJz4pNz5U

ayyyyye!!!!!!!!! cool
BelaMorena:

no offence but how do you think many of those business got started? lipsrsealed

yeah they do.

every caribbean person admires their love for one another.
there is a saying among some jamos that "a haitian is the best type of friend".

Jamos and haitians beef the most and yet still have the closest bond lol.

any haitian will tell you there is "something" between us. lol

Hmm... I never heard of that. I did know a lot of Haitians and Jamaicans would have debates about which island is better or who has the best cultures. The AA's would always stay neutral.
onila:

I have never met a weak Jamaican shocked

lol.

i wouldnt call them weak...but i know a few "sensitive" ones. grin
onila: they only like ethiopians grin

http://www.tadias.com/08/11/2008/african-american-and-ethiopian-relations/

Thats written by an ethiopian.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by Nobody: 12:34am On Sep 06, 2012
KingMichael777:

Hmm... I never heard of that. I did know a lot of Haitians and Jamaicans would have debates about which island is better or who has the best cultures. The AA's would always stay neutral.

lol the jamaican vs haitian school fights are notorious! grin

but at the end of the day there are more half jamo/half haitian babies than any other island LOL (well after jamo/cuban ...oh and trini...and guyanese...fck it. tongue)
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by Nobody: 12:34am On Sep 06, 2012
H-Star89:

Well a lot of AAs dont live in those areas compared to other parts of the U.S., so the caribbean influence is nonexistent in places like the south and midwest. West Coast AAs are diluted imo.

I agree..

The South is like an AA mecca. Many AA's are leaving the Northeast for the South. I hear in the near future the Northeast will mostly be Caribbean and African, because many AA's are leaving the northeast. I know why because NYC is a hustler state and is mad expensive.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by Nobody: 12:35am On Sep 06, 2012
BelaMorena:

lol the jamaican vs haitian school fights are notorious! grin

but at the end of the day there are more half jamo/half haitian babies than any other island LOL (well after jamo/cuban ...oh and trini...and guyanese...fck it. tongue)

Just seen both groups having arguments and such.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by Nobody: 12:36am On Sep 06, 2012
KingMichael777:

The well educated Caribbeans are different though. You're average Caribbean is that well educated on African history. Jamaicans and Haitians on the other hand have a rich history compared to other islanders.

I know my Trini girls are stuck up. cheesy

GBAM!!!!!!
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by Nobody: 12:38am On Sep 06, 2012
KingMichael777:

I agree..

The South is like an AA mecca. Many AA's are leaving the Northeast for the South. I hear in the near future the Northeast will mostly be Caribbean and African, because many AA's are leaving the northeast. I know why because NYC is a hustler state and is mad expensive.

Also many AAs have families in the south and also it me be a culture shock realizing that AAs dont live in NYC anymore. Unless you find AAs that are 100% Pro-Black, a lot would prefer to have other AAs around.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by Nobody: 12:40am On Sep 06, 2012
KingMichael777:

I agree..

I've been around my dads side for so long that I feel out of place with my moms side. So I figure thats how some AAs may feel.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by Nobody: 12:40am On Sep 06, 2012
im out lol. as usual nice talking to you black. smiley
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by Nobody: 12:45am On Sep 06, 2012
H-Star89:

Also many AAs have families in the south and also it me be a culture shock realizing that AAs dont live in NYC anymore. Unless you find AAs that are 100% Pro-Black, a lot would prefer to have other AAs around.

True.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by Nobody: 12:46am On Sep 06, 2012
H-Star89:

I've been around my dads side for so long that I feel out of place with my moms side. So I figure thats how some AAs may feel.

I know how you feel! I'm usually not around my moms side of the family who are Indians from Trinidad. I know most my family on my dads side.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by Blyss: 2:02am On Sep 06, 2012
KingMichael777:

I kinda disagree a bit. Because on the northeast many AA's are mixed with Caribbeans(Jamaicans,Bajans, Haitian,etc). Caribbeans culture has influenced AA's on the northeast. But else where its kinda different. On the west coast/south some AA's never heard dance-hall music. Most of these AA Supremacist are not from the Northeast and that is why they are not understanding of Caribbean people. Just my 2 cents.

Lets not forget both AA's and Caribbeans helped influence hip hop.

Actually, if it is I and Kony, and any other popular past and present BA whom you are referring to as AA Supremacist, then you are wrong in your assumption as to where we're from. I've been on this site a pretty long time, longer than all the other current BA who now post on this site routinely, and currently and in the past... easily about 90% of us are/where from the North East of the nation.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by Nobody: 3:03am On Sep 06, 2012
Blyss:

Actually, if it is I and Kony, and any other popular past and present BA whom you are referring to as AA Supremacist, then you are wrong in your assumption as to where we're from. I've been on this site a pretty long time, longer than all the other current BA who now post on this site routinely, and currently and in the past... easily about 90% of us are/where from the North East of the nation.

I don't know about you, but Kony seems like an AA supremacist... But from my experience it is usually AA's that don't live in the Northeast that don't get along with non AA blacks. just saying.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by Luul(f): 4:03am On Oct 21, 2012
As a somali woman am insulted when you say we are overrated. Just because People find us exotic doesnt mean we are overrated. We didnt choose to be rated at all. let alone overrated. we are perfectly content marrying among our own. take your BS somewhere else. You dont see horners rating anyone. why are your rating or overrating horners.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by Sagamite(m): 7:31am On Oct 21, 2012
@topic

All I can say is that, on the average, their attitude and air stinks. Which makes the average Naija woman very unattractive.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Oct 21, 2012
Damn.

Sagamite went in.
Actually i think a lot of women regardless of their nationality are like that. Some more than others naturally. I for one believe that on average brazilian mamis are some of the happiest on the planet.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by onila(f): 1:23pm On Oct 21, 2012
Sagamite: @topic

All I can say is that, on the average, their attitude and air stinks. Which makes the average Naija woman very unattractive.

STOP messing with yr tribes women lipsrsealed Yoruba babes
thats the solution 2 yr problem grin

its not all nigerian women wink
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Oct 21, 2012
Sagamite: @topic

You and the id.iot that liked ur comment are really troubled. angry angry

lol Onila, u'll never stop with ur tribalism. Don't mind d Oponu boys demeaning their own women, insecure things!

"Don't let me catch you giving a silly opinion on this forum" cool
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by onila(f): 2:53pm On Oct 21, 2012
Shollypopz:

lol Onila, u'll never stop with ur tribalism. Don't mind d Oponu boys demeaning their own women, insecure things!

"Let me not catch you giving silly opinion on this forum" cool
grin its true naa

u babes carry the cup of attitudes in nigeria wink
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Oct 21, 2012
onila: grin its true naa

u babes carry the cup of attitudes in nigeria wink
Ur father!! angry angry

Btw my country is spelt "Nigeria". E be like sey one Yoruba girl don use her big yansh steal bf from u before, because this ur supposed hatred for us be like jealousy.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by onila(f): 2:58pm On Oct 21, 2012
Shollypopz:
Ur father!! angry angry

Btw my country is spelt "Nigeria". E be like sey one Yoruba girl don use her big yansh steal bf from u before, because this ur supposed hatred for us be like jealousy.

there's no reason to envy bit-chy women
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by Sagamite(m): 3:02pm On Oct 21, 2012
Shollypopz:

"Don't let me catch you giving a silly opinion on this forum" cool

I demean what deserves to be demeaned.

I am the God of objectivity.

Bunch of shytheads one meets frequently in the UK.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Oct 21, 2012
onila:

there's no reason to envy bit-chy women
then keep to ur word and stop being an envious lil girl.

You don't even want to go there with me, before I start exposing ur girls.
Hint: Italy lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Two German Mayors Dressed In Tiv Attire At A German Festival / Ooni Of Ife Visits Enugu For The 49 Convocation Of UNN / Ooni Ogunwusi Arrives Nigeria Today. Pictured At Murtala Mohammed Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.