Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,019 members, 7,838,563 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

Married Women Using Their Father's Name As Middle Name - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married Women Using Their Father's Name As Middle Name (28055 Views)

Why Do Some Men Like To Tempt Married Women? Why??? / 16 Costly Mistakes Married Women Make / The Difference Between First Name, Middle Name And Last Name. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Married Women Using Their Father's Name As Middle Name by Rhino5dm: 10:59am On Aug 25, 2012
The only thing I like to be in full possession of is the Pusssy. Shi ke nan. cool

Waiting concine agbero with over load?

Dem dey chop name?

tendercharles: Its now a normal trend among married ladies, they dont completely replace their father's name with their husband's name. I believe the husband should be in full possession of the woman after wedding but she, still having to use her father name creates a notion that she still 'partly' belongs to her father. I can't allow my wife to retain father's name after our wedding oo. What do you guys think?

2 Likes

Re: Married Women Using Their Father's Name As Middle Name by andyanders: 11:02am On Aug 25, 2012
tendercharles: Its now a normal trend among married ladies, they dont completely replace their father's name with their husband's name. I believe the husband should be in full possession of the woman after wedding but she, still having to use her father name creates a notion that she still 'partly' belongs to her father. I can't allow my wife to retain father's name after our wedding oo. What do you guys think?

Poster, well, I don't blame you and your thinking. Well, show get size. You can only marry your class of woman you can dominate.
I am a man, but there are women of class who made it b4 marriage and can retain any name that brought them to fame.
I wouldn't blame you because after much suffering, some brains like the poster here tend to work abnormally hence the post. Better improve in life and face reality. A woman is a gift from God and not a maid to your likes. So, go ahead and locate your class of woman in a slump.

3 Likes

Re: Married Women Using Their Father's Name As Middle Name by Nobody: 11:04am On Aug 25, 2012
Nigerians are very religious people and one would assume that for something as serious as deciding what name to bear for the rest of their lives, they would be doing so because there is some directive in the Qur'an or Bible for it, but I have never come across such a thing in any of the books, so where did the rule originate from and why do Nigerians take it so serious?
Re: Married Women Using Their Father's Name As Middle Name by Dranatomy: 11:04am On Aug 25, 2012
Imagine You placing ur life savings on the head of ur wife and at the end of the day she go gaga...Dat sounds like buying the lady as a proppety, is,nt it?...You have every right to handle ur property as u like... If u ladies wana be given dat freehand, caution ur Parents to bring down bride prices...Nevertheles, to me there is nothing wrong with the woman answering part of her Dads name... It takes nothing away from a man who believe in mutual respect for each other
Re: Married Women Using Their Father's Name As Middle Name by freecocoa(f): 11:05am On Aug 25, 2012
I'm so keeping my father's name.
Re: Married Women Using Their Father's Name As Middle Name by chucky234(m): 11:07am On Aug 25, 2012
Can't stop laughing,women trying to become the head instead the tail God ceated to be,gender equality in full swing.
Re: Married Women Using Their Father's Name As Middle Name by chucky234(m): 11:09am On Aug 25, 2012
freecocoa: I'm so keeping my father's name.
Nne where all my plenty names go come fit in na,make we dey think am sha.
Re: Married Women Using Their Father's Name As Middle Name by sheyma: 11:10am On Aug 25, 2012
andyanders:

Poster, well, I don't blame you and your thinking. Well, show get size. You can only marry your class of woman you can dominate.
I am a man, but there are women of class who made it b4 marriage and can retain any name that brought them to fame.
I wouldn't blame you because after much suffering, some brains like the poster here tend to work abnormally hence the post. Better improve in life and face reality. A woman is a gift from God and not a maid to your likes. So, go ahead and locate your class of woman in a slump.

Guy u are a disgrace to MANHOOD hw can u spew dis kind of content out, chaii so because a woman has class u choose to sell ur manright to her abi. What a weakling.

2 Likes

Re: Married Women Using Their Father's Name As Middle Name by sheyma: 11:13am On Aug 25, 2012
chucky234: Can't stop laughing,women trying to become the head instead the tail God ceated to be,gender equality in full swing.

Abi bro see dem women hv started claiming right to b equal with we men.westernisation haz really curupted dis our ladies o

1 Like

Re: Married Women Using Their Father's Name As Middle Name by dupsy1102: 11:14am On Aug 25, 2012
And who says that women are slave to the men. U better reverse the statement. We are never slave to u but there to assist in all ramification.
Re: Married Women Using Their Father's Name As Middle Name by andyanders: 11:18am On Aug 25, 2012
sheyma:

Guy u are a disgrace to MANHOOD hw can u spew dis kind of content out, chaii so because a woman has class u choose to sell ur manright to her abi. What a weakling.

Well, I think I should not argue with people like you and your so called MANHOOD. Nobody told you that your name should not be retained animal. A lady's name like; Linda Michael ==== Linda Michael-Okotie., So if your stu-pid name is Okotie, she retains your name also. When you are from a background where your family has no value, then that your name can apply.

2 Likes

Re: Married Women Using Their Father's Name As Middle Name by Nobody: 11:18am On Aug 25, 2012
chucky234: Can't stop laughing,women trying to become the head instead the tail God ceated to be,gender equality in full swing.
Tail?
God created women to be the tail?
Let me un-follow this thread fast before these people raise my bp this morning.

2 Likes

Re: Married Women Using Their Father's Name As Middle Name by madeinnigeria: 11:21am On Aug 25, 2012
dayokanu:

OP, Interesting. So if the wife is in full possesion of the Husband, Who would the husband be in full possesion of?

I would like to be in full possesion of some women here like Kobojunkie, sisikill, Jennykadry, tpia and those stubborn ones. After they are in my POSSESION, Am I allowed to put ropes on their neck and tie them to the stick backyard. Stuff their mouth with cloth and flog them mercilessly when they dont listen to their owner and masters.

After marriage are they also allowed to keep their brain or that must be removed too?

NONSENSE AND CONCOBILITY
cheesy i like u mehn..concobilty indeed..because of ordinary name wey ur wife add to her name..but why do ppl take d unnecessary serious?
Re: Married Women Using Their Father's Name As Middle Name by andyanders: 11:22am On Aug 25, 2012
fellis:
Tail?
God created women to be the tail?
Let me un-follow this thread fast before these people raise my bp this morning.

Forget some people here as their background is their main issue here. They never came from a well to do family and never to have had a loving mother or parenthood.

1 Like

Re: Married Women Using Their Father's Name As Middle Name by sheyma: 11:24am On Aug 25, 2012
andyanders:

Well, I think I should not argue with people like you and your so called MANHOOD. Nobody told you that your name should not be retained animal. A lady's name like; Linda Michael ==== Linda Michael-Okotie., So if your stu-pid name is Okotie, she retains your name also. When you are from a background where your family has no value, then that your name can apply.

Loln
Common shut up nd go wash ur womans undies. chai weakling like u.

1 Like

Re: Married Women Using Their Father's Name As Middle Name by slimyem: 11:30am On Aug 25, 2012
my name is hypenated to include my father's name and my husband name...and my husband doesn't mind...
Who nor like am..make im go die!!

1 Like

Re: Married Women Using Their Father's Name As Middle Name by sheyma: 11:32am On Aug 25, 2012
slimyem: my name is hypenated to include my father's name and my husband name...and my husband doesn't mind...
Who nor like am..make im go die!!

What if he doesn't want it, what would u do ?
Re: Married Women Using Their Father's Name As Middle Name by trent9002(m): 11:43am On Aug 25, 2012
coogar:

unless the full bride price hasn't been paid by the husband, there's no reason any woman should attach her father's name after marriage! men who allow such are pussies!
Its because of sexists like you that this country will never develop. Who told you that you now "own" a woman once you marry her?

1 Like

Re: Married Women Using Their Father's Name As Middle Name by Sweetnecta: 11:43am On Aug 25, 2012
@Fellis;
by fellis(f): 11:04am
Nigerians are very religious people and one would assume that for something as serious as deciding what name to bear for the rest of their lives, they would be doing so because there is some directive in the Qur'an or Bible for it, but I have never come across such a thing in any of the books, so where did the rule originate from and why do Nigerians take it so serious?

Allah says: call them [your wives, new converts] by their father's name. No woman is worth the weight of being a wife [contracted relation of se,x and other aspects of marriage] in my eye if she opted for the husband's name instead of keeping her family. Woman has equal right with men in the presence of Allah. The specific role of woman, sincerely man can not fulfill it. Woman can not fulfill the role of man. I see no reason woman should leave her father's name for some husband. She must maintain her family name as will naturally maintain her family traits.

, "Call them after their fathers. That is most just in the sight of Allah. If you know not their fathers, then call them your brothers in faith and your patrons. There is no blame on you if you make a mistake but you are accountable for what is done intentionally. Allah is Most Forgiving, Most Merciful." [Qur'an 33:5]

@Freecocoa:
by freecocoa(f): 11:05am
I'm so keeping my father's name.
Thats a real daughter of her father, a good partner of a good husband. Good for you. May God guide your heart. Amin.
Re: Married Women Using Their Father's Name As Middle Name by slimyem: 11:44am On Aug 25, 2012
sheyma:

What if he doesn't want it, what would u do ?
...at least he does want it...
There are clearly more important things to be worried about than names..

1 Like

Re: Married Women Using Their Father's Name As Middle Name by brotherlyn(m): 11:47am On Aug 25, 2012
[quote author=Kobojunkie]I pity the fool that will marry you @Poster. I mean any woman who willingly submits to a slave master like your person is likely in for some hell.

While I am against the trend, considering the rising divorce rates in the country, I think I understand why some do it. They may not consciously admit it but I sense it is all about security. grin[/quote]

@ Kobojunkie- This is rather too harsh. Even if he's not getting it, kindly advise him and not insult.
Re: Married Women Using Their Father's Name As Middle Name by yemmy19(m): 11:52am On Aug 25, 2012
How does D̶̲̥̅̊ĭ§ affect their marital life....onyeoshi

1 Like

Re: Married Women Using Their Father's Name As Middle Name by crackhouse(m): 11:55am On Aug 25, 2012
Examples are: {1} Ngozi Okonjo iweala, daughter of prof. Chukwuka Okonjo who is the Obi{king} from the umu obi obahai royal family of ogwashi-uku and she's married to Ikemba iweala from Umuahia, Abia state. {2} Stella Odua Ogiemwonyi{even though she don't usually use her husband's name}, daughter of igwe D.O Oduah of Akili-Osizo in Ogbaru L.G.A of Anambra state and married to Engr chris Ogiemwonyi.

1 Like

Re: Married Women Using Their Father's Name As Middle Name by Ninapha(f): 12:05pm On Aug 25, 2012
@Poster, and when ur wife decides for divorce, i hope u wd also tell d court u own her as a property that therefore she cant ask for it. Dat way u wd win d case fast. We all know properties dont protest. Concobility x 100!
Re: Married Women Using Their Father's Name As Middle Name by Nobody: 12:07pm On Aug 25, 2012
@poster, why dont mind ur biz? The husbands of dis women, are they complaining?? Did they cry to u?? Why d so much fuss?? Or do u want to ignite fire, in some peaceful homes?? Answer me fast!! AMEBO PART 2.

1 Like

Re: Married Women Using Their Father's Name As Middle Name by ib0221: 12:09pm On Aug 25, 2012
another angle: do you people know that islam allows a married woman to retain her father's name even she may not use that of the husband at all.
i once asked a learned scholar why n he said a woman whether married or not is a responsible person and she would answer for all her deed and she is in the same footing with man. so surname is a matter of choice to her and no man has right to force her to bear his name or infringe upon her choice in any way.

2 Likes

Re: Married Women Using Their Father's Name As Middle Name by gator666: 12:11pm On Aug 25, 2012
To the OP:

If keeping her family name (in addition to yours) is your main question/problem/issue, then simply don't marry that lady, as simple as that. Better for both of you.

1 Like

Re: Married Women Using Their Father's Name As Middle Name by sheyma: 12:12pm On Aug 25, 2012
slimyem: ...at least he does want it...

Yea u right more things to b worried about dan names. Jst dat u didn't answer d ques grin
slimyem: ...at least he does want it...

Yea u right more things to b worried about dan names. Jst dat u didn't answer d ques
Re: Married Women Using Their Father's Name As Middle Name by DANILSA(m): 12:23pm On Aug 25, 2012
I don't see anything wrong with that, in as much as my Name must appear, nothing gas cool, if u want a property and not a wife kindly buy a Cowgrin, I think married or not women still have some rights.grin
Re: Married Women Using Their Father's Name As Middle Name by Michky: 12:36pm On Aug 25, 2012
@OP. Forget all the talk about patriachy or the yamama that kobojunkie is throwing around. The simple fact here is: i believe it has to do with Wealth! owo, kudi, ego. get me? I don't know whether the reasons have changed o, but the women that am aware of that retained their fathers' names did it due to the wealth attached to their last name before getting married. Look at Falilat OGUNKOYA for instance: she was famous already before getting married. Now, how would you know she's still the one being talked about if she had completely yanked it off from her identity. By the time all super women get married, we'd be spending too many hours trying to catch up with their new identities. That aside, i agree that women of substance can keep their surname for obvious reasons but what about the remaining chickens squelling around the place here eh? Which reason do they have for wanting to retain their father's names? Na wa for this country o. It baffles me when people just reason like neathandals sometimes. God help us o. HOWEVER, i do not agree with the idea of owning a woman. Please that's an ancient way of thinking that you should outgrow. Nuf said!
Re: Married Women Using Their Father's Name As Middle Name by Konnektions146(m): 12:36pm On Aug 25, 2012
people are finding new reasons to get a divorce...
dis marriage business sef.

op,
its not a big deaal anyways...wen u finally get married, u find out yu hhave more headache dan de name change issue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) / Parent Pranks Son With Empty Pack Of Iphone 11 / Wives, What Would You Do When Your Husband Starts Beating You Up?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.