Stats: 3,150,862 members, 7,810,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:44 AM

7 Access-Bank Employees Die Of Hypertension Trying To Meet Target - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 7 Access-Bank Employees Die Of Hypertension Trying To Meet Target (38884 Views)

Zenith Bank Sacks 1,200 Employees - Premium Times / Bank Employees Must Pay Millions If Sacked Early (2) (3) (4)

Re: 7 Access-Bank Employees Die Of Hypertension Trying To Meet Target by size38: 3:57pm On Aug 26, 2012
Why she no leave the job instead of dying on the job?
Re: 7 Access-Bank Employees Die Of Hypertension Trying To Meet Target by wengerjay(m): 4:00pm On Aug 26, 2012
snakeeyes: Not just access bank. The banking industry in nijja is modern day slavery. Havnt u had an experience with ECOBANK before. lipsrsealed Hmmmmmmmm
Ecobank pay their workers heavily now.They all look healthy,at least physically.
Re: 7 Access-Bank Employees Die Of Hypertension Trying To Meet Target by kinguwem: 4:01pm On Aug 26, 2012
It is just a presumption that the deaths were due to hypertension. Unless there is an autopsy report the cause of death cannot be confirmed.
Re: 7 Access-Bank Employees Die Of Hypertension Trying To Meet Target by crisycent: 4:02pm On Aug 26, 2012
incredible story...if you can't keep up with your target, why not simply resign and don't give your body unnecessary stress!
Re: 7 Access-Bank Employees Die Of Hypertension Trying To Meet Target by Nobody: 4:02pm On Aug 26, 2012
kinguwem: It is just a presumption that the deaths were due to hypertension. Unless there is an autopsy report the cause of death cannot be confirmed.
Its not a presumption, its true. Most bankers are hypertensive. This is a fact.
Re: 7 Access-Bank Employees Die Of Hypertension Trying To Meet Target by chidyke77(m): 4:05pm On Aug 26, 2012
So all her life depends on banking job for her to die than bn sacked. RIP bt in her nxt lyf she should learn ths lesson.
Re: 7 Access-Bank Employees Die Of Hypertension Trying To Meet Target by Nobody: 4:15pm On Aug 26, 2012
Billyonaire: Its not a presumption, its true. Most bankers are hypertensive. This is a fact.
whaaat! Did I just read your comment? What makes it a fact? Did you actually conduct a survey to come to your conclusion? This is serious!
Re: 7 Access-Bank Employees Die Of Hypertension Trying To Meet Target by wasiudvd(m): 4:17pm On Aug 26, 2012
If u like say cabal, i can't jst express my self fully here. Dis stowie av element of truth, recently sum1 of manager grade died of BP, one had to proceed on instant leave.
Sum1 is saying oil cabal, who is Aig to chair issue of oil subsidy? When dis subsidy fraud are comitted through banks (access inclusive).
Re: 7 Access-Bank Employees Die Of Hypertension Trying To Meet Target by Reference(m): 4:18pm On Aug 26, 2012
I'm so sorry but this is a case of fear/greed induced suicide. I don't know of any other industry in which occupational health and safety is not considered important by operators. Even professional commercial sex workers know their limits and take issues of health seriously.

Hypertension induced circulatory shutdown is not electrocution. She had time to evaluate her situation and consider her position and probably with help from her husband and colleagues make informed decisions, but no.

Nothing more to say about banks and their management. Since their practices are widely accepted, defended and hailed even on this forum.

Re: 7 Access-Bank Employees Die Of Hypertension Trying To Meet Target by snakeeyes: 4:18pm On Aug 26, 2012
Let's havee the
REport card for Bank from the Best to the worst
Re: 7 Access-Bank Employees Die Of Hypertension Trying To Meet Target by Shokoloko(f): 4:18pm On Aug 26, 2012
this is the same for a lot of banks including the 'old generation banks' one of the top nigerian banks lost two of its staff who were in charge of atms at their branches. if your atm has a cash out you could lose your job. one was driving and received a call while driving that the cash in his atm had run out. he had a heart attack, verved off the road and crashed into a tree. the second person was going to the office in the night in a flood to load the atm and got washed away by the flood.
Re: 7 Access-Bank Employees Die Of Hypertension Trying To Meet Target by nas00(m): 4:23pm On Aug 26, 2012
May the soul of the departed RIP.

However, @OP: how do you account for the six other 'access bank staff' who died of hypertension, as implied in the thread topic?

If this cannot be explained/verified, you'll do well to modify the topic as appropriate, in order not to mislead the good citizens of Nairaland.

Just my humble opinion.

Re: 7 Access-Bank Employees Die Of Hypertension Trying To Meet Target by Nobody: 4:23pm On Aug 26, 2012
chipmunkey: Is hypertension a killer desease?
@topic. More reason why people need to start considering #selfemployed.
oh yes hypertension causes left ventricular hypertrophy. then the muscle cant pump well again and then low cardiac output and then conduction problems etc etc. one complication leads to another till you kaput.
Re: 7 Access-Bank Employees Die Of Hypertension Trying To Meet Target by AmEucharia(f): 4:27pm On Aug 26, 2012
OJC-OPERATION JUST COURSE<COMOT> it is mostly for FORMER Intercontinental Bank staff,since they acquired THAT bank with their last penny things changed. The pressure was much when i was completing my program with IBPlc late last year and most people lost their jobs then,those people will know that loss of job is far more better than loss of life. RIP
Re: 7 Access-Bank Employees Die Of Hypertension Trying To Meet Target by Shokoloko(f): 4:27pm On Aug 26, 2012
[color=#990000][/color]
but i blame most bankers for living expensive lives rather than saving their monies for a quick and peaceful exit out of the banking system. they can opt to go for affordable low maintenance cars while saving for a business or investing in properties. but no they choose to drive expensive cars. tear rubber with loans. lots of gold and clothes. it is well. banking is going to get hotter

Re: 7 Access-Bank Employees Die Of Hypertension Trying To Meet Target by tucker12(m): 4:27pm On Aug 26, 2012
So Sad... Told my kid sister work for any bank but not Access Bank.. Reason you will not have a life... angry embarassed embarassed
Re: 7 Access-Bank Employees Die Of Hypertension Trying To Meet Target by Jackie26: 4:28pm On Aug 26, 2012
Can't tell if the lady died of hypertention or something else but what I do know as a markerter in a bank is that it is possible to develop high blood pressure and my advice to younger people looking forward to working for any bank is, avoid marketing if you want to enjoy your job and have peace of mind. Tell them that you will be more productive as an operations staff biko. May her soul rest in peace.
Re: 7 Access-Bank Employees Die Of Hypertension Trying To Meet Target by E99E(m): 4:28pm On Aug 26, 2012
This is a pure lie. This is the oil cabal fighting dirty to bring down the good works of access bank and spoil the name of Aig-Imuokuede. We wont fall for such rubbish.
Re: 7 Access-Bank Employees Die Of Hypertension Trying To Meet Target by Ohislee(m): 4:33pm On Aug 26, 2012
bbpreye: And how does this reduce the price of garri in the market?

sorry bro!!! This story did not reduce the price of garri in the market, but, have faith the next will........... U go chop tire...... gringringrin
hehehehe........ Wacko
Re: 7 Access-Bank Employees Die Of Hypertension Trying To Meet Target by Nobody: 4:34pm On Aug 26, 2012
https://www.nairaland.com/720638/banks-mds-prayer-curse-non-performing

OPERATION JUST CAUSE: THE CHEETAHS, THE SNAILS & THE STONES

''I have not commented on this memo since it was sent out because I wanted to take detailed notes of those that operate under the ‘anointing of the snail’. Clearly there must be something fundamentally flawed in the capacity, commitment and character of a member of staff who has opened one or zero accounts since we commenced Just Cause.

It shall not be well with them with effect from Friday 29th July 2011.''

end of story
Re: 7 Access-Bank Employees Die Of Hypertension Trying To Meet Target by vivaciousvivi(f): 4:35pm On Aug 26, 2012
Shokoloko: this is the same for a lot of banks including the 'old generation banks' one of the top nigerian banks lost two of its staff who were in charge of atms at their branches. if your atm has a cash out you could lose your job. one was driving and received a call while driving that the cash in his atm had run out. he had a heart attack, verved off the road and crashed into a tree. the second person was going to the office in the night in a flood to load the atm and got washed away by the flood.

Story story! Which flood? D one of Noah's ark?

May her soul rest in peace. N to think d same bank offered me a juicy deal a few yrs ago! Na wa o for bank job whahala.
Re: 7 Access-Bank Employees Die Of Hypertension Trying To Meet Target by gooket(m): 4:39pm On Aug 26, 2012
Thats why we must live our life on Purpose else we die trying to fulfill the selfish desire of other folks
Re: 7 Access-Bank Employees Die Of Hypertension Trying To Meet Target by Ediskcab(m): 4:40pm On Aug 26, 2012
[quote author=teetee123][/quote]
Sincerely i've got my doubts about dis story but if it's true, may her soul RIP.
Come 2 think of it, there r a few policies in access bank dat i feel r inhuman.
Outright discriminatn against HND holders where dey r employed on contract basis nd remain on a fixed salary as long as dey remain wit d bank. Dey dnt even get converted as core staff, No career progressn, no upward review of salary. I knw som 1 who's bn on d same salary since 2008. No bonuses, no allowances etc. A Hnd holder recruited in 2008 automatically bcoms a subordinate 2 a Bsc. Holder who just completed his/her NYSC feb 2012 only for the HND holder 2 put him tru d banks branch operations. I dnt knw if there r other bnks who practice dis but it's sure not encouraging @ all.
Re: 7 Access-Bank Employees Die Of Hypertension Trying To Meet Target by Nobody: 4:48pm On Aug 26, 2012
Do not mind those female bankers.love of money is root of evil. Jesus wants to live simple and balance life.must u work in bank?must u work for someone?people should learn skills that would help them to be an employment of labour.For corporate prostitutes,what do u expect from ladies who obtain their grades by sleeping with teachers or lectures.some even get their jobs by sleeping with managers.
Re: 7 Access-Bank Employees Die Of Hypertension Trying To Meet Target by chyzoo4u(m): 4:55pm On Aug 26, 2012
Searched her name on fb and confirmed that she really was a staff of Access Bank and actually died on friday morning. But what I can't say is the cause of her death. May her soul rest in peace.
Re: 7 Access-Bank Employees Die Of Hypertension Trying To Meet Target by ayox2003: 5:00pm On Aug 26, 2012
vivacious vivi:

Story story! Which flood? D one of Noah's ark?

May her soul rest in peace. N to think d same bank offered me a juicy deal a few yrs ago! Na wa o for bank job whahala.

I dont get. Are u corroborating or against? Dont be paradoxical cos its for real.

Be out with it. Stop speaking in parables.

Frawzey
Re: 7 Access-Bank Employees Die Of Hypertension Trying To Meet Target by nas00(m): 5:10pm On Aug 26, 2012
@chipmunkey: Hmm...You should try to know more about hypertension, because IT IS A KILLER DISEASE. Without aiming to derail the thread, let me highlight few vital things to note. I however hope other NLers will benefit from this bit of exegesis.

Hypertension causes gradual, often painless damage over time to the following main body organs:
1. The brain (with d end point being stroke)
2. The eyes (end point- partial/total blindness)
3. The heart (end point- heart pump failure)
4. The kidneys (end point- Kidney failure)
5. The blood vessels (end point- Heart failure, stroke, Kidney failure, 'pulmonary thromboembolism')

Hypertension can occur in young individuals.

However, it can be controlled if detected early through regular blood pressure checks.
If undetected, one may be diagnosed as hypertensive for the first time when problems eventually arise (such as stroke, Heart failure, renal failure, visual loss amongst others). This is undesirable. That is why regular screening is important.

The following are helpful in lowering the risk of developing hypertension:
1. Regular moderate exercise (e.g brisk walking, treadmill, jogging, athletes, gym workout)
2. Avoid smoking- it promotes damage to blood vessels and heart
3. Cut down on fatty food intake (e.g fried foods, Pastry, too much of eggs etc)
4. Cut down salt intake (e.g Some individuals form the habit of sprinkling salt on food before they eat)
5. Obese individuals are more at risk, so, get regular BP checks (At worst, once every 6months)

Again, just my 2cents.
Cheers!

Re: 7 Access-Bank Employees Die Of Hypertension Trying To Meet Target by sissa: 5:24pm On Aug 26, 2012
Dis coutry is 2 bad,if nt because of dere no job in dis coutry bank is nt a gud job.May God av marcy us,so dat wil cearate more job wit marcy 4 our youth or uncoming leader.

Dehlia Umunna Appointed Clinical Professor Of Law At Harvard Law School (Photo) / 5 Reason You Should Learn ICT Skills While Doing Other Jobs / Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder