Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,143 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? (15807 Views)

Yoruba Vs Hausa Fight In Mile 12, Lagos (Photos) / #PHOTO Boko Haram Fights With Snakes. / Educational Qualifications: Yoruba Governors Vs Igbo Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:42am On Aug 28, 2012
PointB:

What are you rambling about understanding me. In what context are you trying to understand me? And which path is it you think I have chosen? Do you bother to observe at all? Are you sure you are not jumping into some bias conclusion at all? If you don't think my footnote/signature carries any message, then you have failed even before you commence your journey.

In anycase, I don't spend a tonne of my time of Nairaland. I am a very busy individual. Read whatever meaning you prefer on any of my post, I careless. Whether you understand me or not is not my problem it is yours. Besides, your not understanding me is in my strategic interest! This is CYBER, not a place for my biography!

Here is another guy who thinks like me:
https://www.nairaland.com/1031157/nigeria-heading-disintegration-ex-defence-chief
Perhaps you should go and interview him!
Bros, there is no need to engage in cyber warfare. You have asked a barrage of questions all in a bid to evade what I asked. This is not war this is a discussion, I am not jumping to any conclusions all I have done is ask you a couple of simple questions.
Can you kindly climb down from the high horse and have a discussion like normal people do or are you not capable of that?

Now you are saying you dont want to be understood, how does being misunderstood aid your strategic interest?

PS: Stop referring me to other groups or other people that think like you. If you are incapable of explaining yourself in a sane manner devoid of acrimony, just say so.

6 Likes

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:43am On Aug 28, 2012
afam4eva: This thread will just go the way of other thread opened to preach peace because the owners of Nairaland and his cohorts aka mods are the ones encouraging bigotry especially Mukina. You'll never see her contributing anything meaningfully to threads. The only thing she does is to take tribally laced topics to the frontpage to drive traffic.
Just sad really.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by PointB: 11:47am On Aug 28, 2012
Chrisbenogor:
Bros, there is no need to engage in cyber warfare. You have asked a barrage of questions all in a bid to evade what I asked. This is not war this is a discussion, I am not jumping to any conclusions all I have done is ask you a couple of simple questions.
Can you kindly climb down from the high horse and have a discussion like normal people do or[b] are you not capable of that?
[/b]
Now you are saying you dont want to be understood, how does being misunderstood aid your strategic interest?

PS: Stop referring me to other groups or other people that think like you. If you are incapable of explaining yourself in a sane manner devoid of acrimony, just say so.

Indeed, I am not capable of that. Happy now?
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by Nobody: 12:04pm On Aug 28, 2012
afam4eva: This thread will just go the way of other thread opened to preach peace because the owners of Nairaland and his cohorts aka mods are the ones encouraging bigotry especially Mukina. You'll never see her contributing anything meaningfully to threads. The only thing she does is to take tribally laced topics to the frontpage to drive traffic.
hmm! You are right bro! I seem to wonder what's the similarity between aishatua1 and mukina2.its unfortunate that the tribal hatred has gotten to this level.I feel so ashamed that even Seun has not even made a single comment regarding this issue.he just folds his arms,reads topic/comments and maybe laugh over it.you might have noticed that there are some particular set of people who engage themselves in tribal bigotery.its really a shame I must confess.I will advise Seun to give a stern warning to all tribal bigots.if he doesn't well its up to him.
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by PointB: 12:22pm On Aug 28, 2012
berem: hmm! You are right bro! I seem to wonder what's the similarity between aishatua1 and mukina2.its unfortunate that the tribal hatred has gotten to this level.I feel so ashamed that even Seun has not even made a single comment regarding this issue.he just folds his arms,reads topic/comments and maybe laugh over it.you might have noticed that there are some particular set of people who engage themselves in tribal bigotery.its really a shame I must confess.I will advise Seun to give a stern warning to all tribal bigots.if he doesn't well its up to him.

According to Wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tribalism
Tribalism [/b]is a way of thinking or behaving in which people are more loyal to their tribe than to their friends, their country, or any other social group.[1]

The social structure of a tribe can vary greatly from case to case, but, due to the small size of tribes, it is always a relatively simple role structure, with few (if any) significant social distinctions between individuals.[2]

Another concept to which the word tribalism frequently [b]refers is the possession of a strong cultural or ethnic identity that separates one member of a group from the members of another group.
This phenomenon is related to the concept of tribal society in that it is a precondition for members of a tribe to possess a strong feeling of identity for a true tribal society to form.[3] The distinction between these two definitions for tribalism is an important one because, while tribal society no longer strictly exists in the western world, tribalism, by this second definition, is arguably undiminished. People have postulated that the human brain is hard-wired towards tribalism due to its evolutionary advantages.[4]

While not making any excuses for the promoter or the pratice, I simply want to understand what is wrong with Tribalism in the context of a country like Nigeria, where the basis for nationhood is not discussed. Rather it is considered a taboo!

Maybe we should go further and identify 'groups' who practice 'Tribalism' as a way of life in Nigeria, with the aim of identifying its merits and demerit. Standing in your corner and screaming that Seun should warn tribalists, stands on it it's head in logic.

To deal with Tribalism, we must all agree it is wrong. Until that is done, tribalism which seeks to understand the various ethnic groups, with the objective of building a nation out of them, is NOT wrong. Hate campaign and mongering, which is the dark effect of tribalism, is what we should campaign against.

Until SNC, tribalism stay with us.
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by Desola(f): 12:50pm On Aug 28, 2012
sheyguy: The OP would av made a lot more sense if he had admitted folks on NL tend to take on the Yoruba race and abuse them and their culture anytime they come accross posts they feel are aimed at Igbos one way or the other more than it does the other way round. I used the example of Igbos going after percieved Yorubas cos 95% of such attack between Igbos and Yorubas originates from what we av come to know as Igbo ID on Politics section, NL.
My 2 cents is - Yoruba is not the opposite of Igbo, they don't even share common border or boundary and, don't have nothing in common but Nigeria and survival struggle.

ibo, not igbo. Igbo is weed.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by Desola(f): 12:51pm On Aug 28, 2012
PointB:

According to Wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tribalism

While not making any excuses for the promoter or the pratice, I simply want to understand what is wrong with Tribalism in the context of a country like Nigeria, where the basis for nationhood is not discussed. Rather it is considered a taboo!

Maybe we should go further and identify 'groups' who practice 'Tribalism' as a way of life in Nigeria, with the aim of identifying its merits and demerit. Standing in your corner and screaming that Seun should warn tribalists, stands on it it's head in logic.

To deal with Tribalism, we must all agree it is wrong. Until that is done, tribalism which seeks to understand the various ethnic groups, with the objective of building a nation out of them, is NOT wrong. Hate campaign and mongering, which is the dark effect of tribalism, is what we should campaign against.

Until SNC, tribalism stay with us.

Tribalism is NOT WRONG!!!!
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by basher(m): 3:00pm On Aug 28, 2012
Desola:

Tribalism is NOT WRONG!!!!

Ethnic bigotry, a derivative of tribalism, is wrong!!
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by Goddess12: 3:23pm On Aug 28, 2012
All the hate here cannot be far from the reality, they just won't admit it.
Well! I joined the bandwagon after years of just reading to show that two can play the game
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by Goddess12: 3:40pm On Aug 28, 2012
Hopefully our leaders reading this will help us divide nigeria into about 5 countries peacefully.
Y'all, please remove your heads from the sand and let our peoples go, we hate each other and do not have anything in common, so what are we waiting for.
Hate borne out of envy last forever
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by Noiseless2: 4:43pm On Aug 28, 2012
Look who opened the thread, when did he repent? if i may ask malam hellish rufai in real life, nonsense man! Wait til i finish building wmd all of you that support forcing Igbos to nigeria will count yourselves lucky if your skeletons still remain. Devilish bunch of people.
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by nduchucks: 6:29pm On Aug 28, 2012
^^^ I pity the fool. (resp Mr. T)

You go just gi yourself heart ailment for nothing, while me I go full for ground dey chop ya money and women. olodo smiley
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by kodewrita(m): 6:57pm On Aug 28, 2012
The solution as I have said severally is to allow us mute selected people ourselves. If most readers mute the tribalists, they cease to have an audience and their posts/threads die natural deaths.
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Aug 28, 2012
cogitoErgo: I once contacted somebody on NL who offered to help me get an info, we started exchangng e-mails and then he stopped responding! My guess, he discorvered my tribe by my name on my e-mail and he chose to stop helping!
There is a cote which says, 'a measure of ur character is what u do when u kno nobody is watching' NL actualy shows the true inner characters of Nigerian youths and it has greatly changed my perspectives about other tribes in Nigeria!

What if it had nothing to do with your tribe and more to do with he probably didn't feel comfortable keeping in touch with you again? Or he changed his mind about what he was supposed to help you do? Or he had a more serious emergency to do with? What if your mails were being sent to spam? A number of reasons could have occurred but the first thing you though of was that he hated you just because of your name. Paranoia is a disease my friend, and only you can help you get rid of it.
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by Eziachi: 8:08pm On Aug 28, 2012
A thread like this makes me smile, not on the positives but the blind hypocrisy of Nigerians. The root of hypocrisy is the inability of a person to face reality. In as much as I try to avoid pure hate filled threads, there is not need preaching about it as if its new.

Nairaland is the real reflection of real Nigeria behind the close doors. Its never about what you see on NTA or AIT, Nigerians from top to bottom dislike each other, living inside one single country, but because many are sharing money from other part and others are afraid of what tomorrow will bring if left to fend for self, they pretend and preach a mirage unity.

What you read on Nairaland is no different to the mentality of your governors, senators, minister, Perm secs etc, but they do it behind close door and hide it as long as each get his/her daily bread. What you read here is what led Ebitu Ukiwe quits Babangida's govt as number two.

This is not unique to Nigeria, If you decide tomorrow to fuse Britain into Germany with France and call it one country and have the capital in either Paris, London or Berlin, the same thing happening on Nairaland will happen there too.
I can't just imagine an Englishman voting a German as his leader in a United country. Most of Gordon Brown's problem with the Fleet street press is purely because he is a Scotsman against a blue eyed young Englishman in David Cameron.
They tolerated Blair, despite everything because he is one of them, that is reality, though they won't say it openly.

If Scotland did not get devolved govt in 1997, what do you think would have become of U.K today? and that itself never stopped the Scots asking to be totally freed from the control of London and even when this two nations shares the same DNA. Compare that to Yoruba/Igbos that has nothing in common except their skin colour (minus the bleached ones)

Too much familiarity bring contempt and that is the problem of Nigeria. Why is it that Yorubas are not into the same tribal match with people of Benin republic, their neighbours? why is it that the Igbos are not fighting with the English Cameroon people on a daily basis?
They would have if you fuse them together to live on top of each other.

Divide Nigeria today and you will be surprise to see how reasonable everyone becomes with each other. Because just like in life you don't know the value of something until you lose it or its far away from you.

Please my brothers, stop being hypocrites and pretending that you don't know that what is happening on Nairaland is the undiluted100 percent reflection of the real Nigeria, of which everybody do well to hide on the streets.
And the most amazing things is that the poster is often than once, guilty against his own sermon on the web. Comical Nigerians!

10 Likes

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by OneNaira6: 8:10pm On Aug 28, 2012
I see about 3 hypocrites on this thread including the op. I find it somewhat comical, the ones that open thread of so called unity and preaching against traiblism on NL are they themselves the beginners of the said act and one time or another got named by a member or so as the biggest offenders. I laugh at the hypocritical attitude.
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by OneNaira6: 8:16pm On Aug 28, 2012
bashr8: who cares let the hate continue, the sooner our youths and children know we are dont like them and they dont like us the better for everybody, i say split nigeria northerners can have yorubas all to themselves.i have already started using nairaland as references for some naive igbos that think everybody is their friend as long as the person is nigerian.

I somewhat agree with you. I am actually okay with the tribalism because it was this said tribalism from this said website opened my f2king eyes and taught me who and what tribe and community to trust or not trust. Thus I thank them everyday if not, I would have remained a blind human being, milking and sucking up a facade "we are one". It was this said website and watching the conversation, helped me understand what a friend was preaching about in terms of disintegration is better for all of us. Similar to you, if I'm in argument with an ignorant @ss person talking about a facade unity, etc Nigerians have, I quickly, without regret, send he or she to this said website. After doing so, I wait for he or she to come back and inform me of the so called "unity, one nation, one people" bs.
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by OneNaira6: 8:21pm On Aug 28, 2012
berem: hmm! You are right bro! I seem to wonder what's the similarity between aishatua1 and mukina2.its unfortunate that the tribal hatred has gotten to this level.I feel so ashamed that even Seun has not even made a single comment regarding this issue.he just folds his arms,reads topic/comments and maybe laugh over it.you might have noticed that there are some particular set of people who engage themselves in tribal bigotery.its really a shame I must confess.I will advise Seun to give a stern warning to all tribal bigots.if he doesn't well its up to him.

Incase you weren't aware, Seun is equally involved in the tribalism threads and comments. It's not just mukina2 and aishatua1. All three are involved, so naturally it is of no surprise he's not doing anything.
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Aug 28, 2012
Eziachi: A thread like this makes me smile, not on the positives but the blind hypocrisy of Nigerians. The root of hypocrisy is the inability of a person to face reality. In as much as I try to avoid pure hate filled hates, there is not need preaching about it as if its new.

Nairaland is the real reflection of real Nigeria behind the close door. Never what you see on NTA or AIT, Nigerians from top to bottom dislike each living inside one single country but because many a sharing money from other part and others are afraid of what tomorrow will bring if left to fend for self, they pretend and preach a mirage unity.
What you read on Nairaland is no different to the mentality of your governors, senators, minister, Perm sec, but they do it behind close door and hide it as long as each get his/her daily bread.
This is not unique to Nigeria, If you decide tomorrow to fuse Britain into Germany with France and call it one country and have the capital in either Paris, London or Berlin, the same thing happening in Nairaland will happen there too. I can't just imagine an Englishman voting a German as his leader in a United country. Most of Gordon Brown problem with the Fleet street press is purely because he is a Scotsman against a blue eyed young Englishman in David Cameron. They tolerated Blair, despite everything because he is one of them, that is reality, though won't say it.

If Scotland did not get devolved govt in 1997, what do you think would have become of U.K today? and that never stop the Scots asking to be totally freed from the control of London and this two nations shares the same DNA. Compare that to Yoruba/Igbos that has nothing in common except their skin colour (minus the bleached ones)

Too much familiarity bring contempt and that is the problem of Nigeria. Why is it that Yorubas are not into the same tribal match with people of Benin republic, why is it that the Igbos are not fighting with the English Cameroon people on a daily basis? They would have if you fuse them together.

Divide Nigeria today and you will be surprise to see how reasonable everyone becomes with each other. Because just like in life you don't know the value of something until you lose it or its far away from you.
Please my brothers, stop being hypocrites and pretending that you don't know that what is happening on Nairaland is the 100 percent reflection of real Nigeria, everybody do well to hide on the streets.

99.9% True.
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by Genius100: 8:47pm On Aug 28, 2012
I put the blame squarely on Seun's shoulders. He has allowed a tool of enlightenment to become a tool for hate mongering. I have e-mailed him many times asking him to do something but he is unwilling to do it. I really do not understand his thinking. Perhaps he wants more traffic on Nairaland but he is now attracting toxic traffic. Nairaland potentially has so much value that it in no way needs traffic generated by tribal fights.

It's a fact of life that when people are anonymous, they will behave in ways they do not behave in real life. But that is why you need moderation and punishment. Seun has failed abysmally is meting out the right punishment to tribal bigots. This is the same culture of impunity that is responsible for virtually all woes in Nigeria, yet people like him will lament about how bad things are in Nigeria. I've been on several online Nigerian forum and there are always a fair share of tribalists, but when the moderators not only ban them, but ban their IP address as well, they learn to conform.

Nairaland, especially the politics forum, has quite frankly become a congregation of low IQ ignoramuses. There will certainly be repercussions sooner or later. It already has the least amount of intellectuals compared to other Naija forum. Make we siddon dey look..

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by Dainfamous: 9:04pm On Aug 28, 2012
Desola:

ibo, not igbo. Igbo is weed.
are you slow in thinking?igbo is weed abi? bloody hoe!!!
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Aug 28, 2012
Genius100: There will certainly be repercussions sooner or later

The first reported case of a Nairaland-induced homicidal act, perhaps?
Seun needs to sit up and heed the voice of reason before it is too late.

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by boyendowed(m): 9:17pm On Aug 28, 2012

Tribalism will continue on nairaland because seun and mukina encourages it especially mukina.Mukina hates Igbos and any Igbo bashing or negative thread makes it to the front page.Anybody who promotes tribalism here should never complain about racism.There no difference between a racist and a tribalist
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by Trailblazer1(m): 9:37pm On Aug 28, 2012
[color=#990000][/color]
Obiagu1:

... and who told you Igbos don't resent Yorubas in real life? They are not Nigerians and they should go.
Dere u go again wit ur tribal war fare.
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by Noiseless2: 10:16pm On Aug 28, 2012
I have no time for real old fools like malam hellish rufai and his nairaland ids, NDU_CHUCKS/MALAM HELLISH RUFAI keep chopping our money and women, even abacha chopped our money and died on top of our women.
ndu_chucks: ^^^ I pity the fool. (resp Mr. T)

You go just gi yourself heart ailment for nothing, while me I go full for ground dey chop ya money and women. olodo smiley
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by Desola(f): 10:23pm On Aug 28, 2012
Da infamous: are you slow in thinking?igbo is weed abi? bloody hoe!!!

Nah...hoe is what is between your mother's legs. Igbo on the other hand is indeed weed, cannabis, marijuana etc. Ibo people are obo.

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA... grin grin

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by pazienza(m): 12:34am On Aug 29, 2012
Eziachi said it all. Nairaland is the true reflection of how we feel about each other. To my igbo brothers,dayo and desola could be those your yoruba friends you like in life,you share a lot of secrets with them,yet in their innermost of heart,they hate your group and that invariably includes you, the Ojukwu and Aluko friendship comes in mind.

The fall of igbo nation was as a result of our leaders not knowing the true heart of other tribes,from ironsi surrounding himself with non igbos,to zik so trusting of his yoruba friends that he thought he could rule yorubas,his loss and the need to make space for him in the east, created the eyo ita saga that nigerian propaganda machine exploited against biafra,to ojukwu too trusting of yorubas,aluko,banjo,and awolowo.

Nairaland enables us,the young igbo generation to learn more about nigerians,igbos are travellers and we tend to have most of us born in foreign lands,as we saw in Ojukwu,zik and the rest. Most liberal igbos we have here are igbos that were born in foreign lands,or have resided there for most of their lifes,their reality of nigeria is no different from that of zik,ironsi and ojukwu in the 1960's,nairaland helps them to see the bigger picture.

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by bittyend(m): 1:49am On Aug 29, 2012
Pa Eziachi said it all, there's really nothing to add to what he said. If you think 'tribalism' only occurs in Nigeria - you may need to visit a British forum, or yahoo news to find out how Scots and English geezers go at each other. Yoruba vs Igbo is child's play compared to those people. grin

To be honest, Nigeria is a very 'tribalised' society, and the foundation of the country was built on 'tribalism' - and it isn't going anywhere soon. You lot might keep hiding it, but the average Nigerian is a 'tribalist'. I remember growing in London in the 90s, and whenever I was at my boy's (Igbo guy) yard - his parents would switch from English to Igbo. And my parents used to do the same, and say; "your friend is omo Igbo." Being a kid back then, I didn't really know what they were on about - and the funniest thing back then was that, my dad's closest friend was an Igbo man. And boy's dad hangs out with only Yoruba people, and he speaks Yoruba as well.

Nairaland kind of showed me what the mindset of the average Nigerian is, and that people put their tribal affiliation before the country itself. Basically, I don't think it's a bad thing, it's just something that makes us all human. Just as black people will always align with black people wherever they find themselves, before they align with other races of people, and vice versa. A visit to university campuses in the UK would show you that black britons (and other blacks) are always close knitted - they attend the same parties, do everything together; and they stay away from other races. That's just human nature.

The Yoruba vs Igbo problem isn't much of a hate problem, but more of competition, accusations, and counter accusations. I think both tribes ethnic groups are just trying to outdo each other, for the limited window of opportunities in Nigeria. They're both fighting for the crumbs because the hausa/fulani holds the ACE. grin I've had some bad experiences (money wise) with fresh Igbo people in the UK, but Igbos will always be my favourite tribe in Nigeria (if we classify Edo people as semi-Yoruba lol).

I don't have problem with Igbos, as long as they don't claim my ancestral land - cyber banter is fun sometimes. grin I have got loads of Igbo doozies around me, it's nothing - black power!!!!
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by bashr8: 1:57am On Aug 29, 2012
pazienza: Eziachi said it all. Nairaland is the true reflection of how we feel about each other. To my igbo brothers,dayo and desola could be those your yoruba friends you like in life,you share a lot of secrets with them,yet in their innermost of heart,they hate your group and that invariably includes you, the Ojukwu and Aluko friendship comes in mind.

The fall of igbo nation was as a result of our leaders not knowing the true heart of other tribes,from ironsi surrounding himself with non igbos,to zik so trusting of his yoruba friends that he thought he could rule yorubas,his loss and the need to make space for him in the east, created the eyo ita saga that nigerian propaganda machine exploited against biafra,to ojukwu too trusting of yorubas,aluko,banjo,and awolowo.

Nairaland enables us,the young igbo generation to learn more about nigerians,igbos are travellers and we tend to have most of us born in foreign lands,as we saw in Ojukwu,zik and the rest. Most liberal igbos we have here are igbos that were born in foreign lands,or have resided there for most of their lifes,their reality of nigeria is no different from that of zik,ironsi and ojukwu in the 1960's,nairaland helps them to see the bigger picture.
exactly let the hate continue. it will help educate the azikiwes among the igbos that go about like nigerians are one.
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by nduchucks: 1:58am On Aug 29, 2012
Some of you people are confusing healthy tribalism or competition with gross bigotry supported by narrow minded fanaticism. Eziachi did not imply that you people are bigots.

The thread's topic is much more than tribalism. You people need to think with your brains for a change.
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by dan55: 1:59am On Aug 29, 2012
k
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by bittyend(m): 2:09am On Aug 29, 2012
ndu_chucks: Some of you people are confusing healthy tribalism or competition with gross bigotry supported by narrow minded fanaticism. Eziachi did not imply that you people are bigots.

The thread's topic is much more than tribalism. You people need to think with your brains for a change.

Maybe you're the one who needs to do the bolded part because the last time I checked - the fanatics who don't really get involved in the 'tribal' banter on NL, are the ones killing and maiming other people in real life.

Yoruba vs Igbo isn't a hate thing, if it was, then the South would've been like the North.

It's just competition, accusations, and counter accusations - and the so called 'tribalists' on NL are not even up to 50 posters. Most use multiple IDs to spew the same crap.

Nchara has 10 IDs.
Andrew_Uweh has 7 IDs.
Nri_Priest has 5 IDs.
Onlytruth has 7 IDs.

grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Troops Repel Fresh Boko Haram Attack In Adamawa- Premium Times / Abuja Blast Victims Recount Ordeal / Commonwealth Doctors Condemn Buhari’s Medical Trip To London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.