Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours (12757 Views)

Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours by Goshen360(m): 5:15pm On Aug 29, 2012
plaetton:

So turbulence in the water for 40 straight days, enough to flood and destroy everything on all land surface on the earth, would not destabilize and destroy the marine ecosystem?
Is that what you are trying to say?

What are you talking about? Fishes are created to survive in water isn't it? And if the bible doesn't say God created fishes after the flood but rather asked Noah to take two each of the living things UPON the face of the earth so as to PRESERVE SEED UPON THE FACE OF THE EARTH. The question is, are fishes UPON the face of the earth or in the water? What is your business with turbulence and all that? So it is when fishes are not in the water that they will survive?

If they survive outside water as in, if Noah took fishes also into the ark, then that will mean a supernatural power of God and that, we cannot explain with our natural senses. I don't like to argue for argue sake. I dey wait make 36 hour reach make I explain your RE-PLENISH kweshion AND THE GAP THEORY of the OP.
Re: I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours by truthislight: 5:16pm On Aug 29, 2012
Goshen360: Chei....see drama between Mr Anony and mkmyers45. I knew where Anony was going when he said mkmyers45 should provide the scriptures.....not that he (Anony) doesn't know where the scripture is but alas, mkmyers45 was caught in the net.

grin grin grin lwkmd oooo. Anyway, make una continue with una drama.....I will brb.

big fish in a big net into the ark grin
Goshen360: Chei....see drama between Mr Anony and mkmyers45. I knew where Anony was going when he said mkmyers45 should provide the scriptures.....not that he (Anony) doesn't know where the scripture is but alas, mkmyers45 was caught in the net.

grin grin grin lwkmd oooo. Anyway, make una continue with una drama.....I will brb.

big fish in a big net into the ark
Re: I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours by Goshen360(m): 5:19pm On Aug 29, 2012
mkmyers45:

Ok...i don send am

Abeg answer me sharp-sharp

Na lie abeg.....my paypal account na same as my email. I never get anything. just put small change inside my paypal account and I will send you a detailed equivalent now now.....o ya, straight to goshen360@yahoo.co.uk. Paypal account, online na express thing you know..... grin grin grin
Re: I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours by truthislight: 5:19pm On Aug 29, 2012
grin
plaetton:

And it makes perfect sense to you that a worldwide flood which lasted for 40 days or so, that destroys everything on earth, would not also kill all marine life?
The marine life was spared of god's wrath?
Na wa o

no, the marine life use to come to the sufface of the ground to find food, so when the flood lasted for 40days they starved to death
Re: I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours by plaetton: 5:21pm On Aug 29, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Lol @Plaetton: when you are in a hole, it is usually a good idea to stop digging.

And what hole are you reffering to:

You guys are suggesting, if I am correct, that the fishes were not part of Noah collection because they were safe in their natural habitat, right?

That defies common sense. Ask people who live in riverine areas, fishes and other marine life wash up on shore after heavy torrential rains.
Now imagine a worldwide phenomenom where it rained, poured and hailed for 40 days nonstop, whereupon, every land surface is flooded and everything destroyed, then tell that fishes were spared?
Your bible says everything was destroyed, and you are saying, no no, not everything.
Someone is in denial and its not me.
Who is in the hole?
Re: I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours by Goshen360(m): 5:23pm On Aug 29, 2012
truthislight:

big fish in a big net into the ark grin

big fish in a big net into the ark

No be small thing o. I don laf tire for here naw.....in fact, una don turn this wonderful thread to playground o. I just can't believe it....interesting thread. Where is OP, e be like say me sef get kweshion ooooooo

Delafruita.....WHERE ART THOU? I have kweshion for you ooo. Make I even see your mighty egoor as you strong reach. Are you ready
Re: I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours by mkmyers45(m): 5:23pm On Aug 29, 2012
plaetton:
approximately 55.8cm

See this:

Genesis 7:19 And the waters prevailed exceedingly upon the earth; and all the high hills, that were under the whole heaven, were covered.

:20 Fifteen cubits upward did the waters prevail; and the mountains were covered.

15 cubits * 55.8 cm = 837cm approx 8.37m and it covered the mountains
Re: I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours by Delafruita(m): 5:23pm On Aug 29, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Lol, ok. . . . .are you a fan of manga by any chance?
comics arent really my thing though i like the stories behind them.
Re: I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours by Goshen360(m): 5:24pm On Aug 29, 2012
truthislight: grin

no, the marine life use to come to the sufface of the ground to find food, so when the flood lasted for 40days they starved to death

O boy...u don kill me with laff finish abeg.......lwkmd o grin grin grin
Re: I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours by mkmyers45(m): 5:24pm On Aug 29, 2012
Goshen360:

Na lie abeg.....my paypal account na same as my email. I never get anything. just put small change inside my paypal account and I will send you a detailed equivalent now now.....o ya, straight to goshen360@yahoo.co.uk. Paypal account, online na express thing you know..... grin grin grin

Ok...recieve my widows mite cheesy cheesy
Re: I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours by plaetton: 5:25pm On Aug 29, 2012
mkmyers45:

See this:

Genesis 7:19 And the waters prevailed exceedingly upon the earth; and all the high hills, that were under the whole heaven, were covered.

:20 Fifteen cubits upward did the waters prevail; and the mountains were covered.

15 cubits * 55.8 cm = 837cm approx 8.37m and it covered the mountains

He he hehe.
Thats like a swimming pool.

No wonder then, that the fishes survived.

Oh Oh.
8.37m?
The word god is in trouble again.
Re: I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours by wirinet(m): 5:29pm On Aug 29, 2012
Mkmyers45, let me help you put. The question should be, how did FRESH WATER fishes survive the flood, since 45% of all fishes are fresh water fishes.
You can thank me later.

Now let's see how they wriggle out of this one.
Re: I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours by Goshen360(m): 5:30pm On Aug 29, 2012
plaetton:

You guys are suggesting, if I am correct, that the fishes were not part of Noah collection because they were safe in their natural habitat, right?

That defies common sense. Ask people who live in riverine areas, fishes and other marine life wash up on shore after heavy torrential rains.
Now imagine a worldwide phenomenom where it rained, poured and hailed for 40 days nonstop, whereupon, every land surface is flooded and everything destroyed, then tell that fishes were spared?
Your bible says everything was destroyed, and you are saying, no no, not everything.
Who is in the hole?

I just showed that the use of "all" doesn't sometimes or necessarily mean EVERYTHING in an absolute sense. Check the scriptures I gave in Heb. 7:2 and travel back to the event where it happened. Don't just argue because you want to argue.
Re: I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours by truthislight: 5:31pm On Aug 29, 2012
plaetton:

Who is in the hole?

this means there was more food for the fishes,

dead animal, dead human, DEAD leaves, warms, birds, and plaeton etc etc etc.

Party time!
Re: I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours by MrAnony1(m): 5:32pm On Aug 29, 2012
plaetton:

Who is in the hole?

Let me help you here. There is a crucial part you are missing which is that THE WHOLE EARTH WAS FLOODED HENCE THERE WAS NO LAND TO BE WASHED UP ON!
Re: I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours by mkmyers45(m): 5:37pm On Aug 29, 2012
wirinet: Mkmyers45, let me help you put. The question should be, how did FRESH WATER fishes survive the flood, since 45% of all fishes are fresh water fishes.
You can thank me later.

I dare anyone to answer this....

Thank you...didn't quite think of this..
Re: I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours by plaetton: 5:40pm On Aug 29, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Let me help you here. There is a crucial part you are missing which is that THE WHOLE EARTH WAS FLOODED HENCE THERE WAS NO LAND TO BE WASHED UP ON!

Ha ha ha. that is very funny.
In your haste you missed one crucial point: Fishes wash up on shore when they are dead or near death. So even if there were no surfaces to wash up on, they would still be dead because of the prolonged turbulence and disruption of their ecosystem.

Pls take a refresher course in marine biology. Infact, marine life are much more sensitive to disruptions in their environment than terrestial lifeforms.
Re: I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours by Goshen360(m): 5:40pm On Aug 29, 2012
wirinet: Mkmyers45, let me help you put. The question should be, how did FRESH WATER fishes survive the flood, since 45% of all fishes are fresh water fishes.
You can thank me later.

The fact is fishes survive in water. There wasn't science to prove what percentage you are referring to now then. The truth is you guys don't believe the bible - the word of God. So explaining how this happened and how that happened will be hard explaining to you guys. Go back to creation and see fishes that were created. We have "suggested" according to the word of God that everything created have what is called "seed" inside them to produce after their kind. It is possible not all species of animals that was created exist now just like God didn't create Adam a dwarf, so how did people like dwarf came to be? You guys just want to be a critics to the bible.
Re: I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours by Delafruita(m): 5:42pm On Aug 29, 2012
*reading and laughing*
Re: I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours by Delafruita(m): 5:44pm On Aug 29, 2012
Goshen360:

The fact is fishes survive in water. There wasn't science to prove what percentage you are referring to now then. The truth is you guys don't believe the bible - the word of God. So explaining how this happened and how that happened will be hard explaining to you guys. Go back to creation and see fishes that were created. We have "suggested" according to the word of God that everything created have what is called "seed" inside them to produce after their kind. It is possible not all species of animals that was created exist now just like God didn't create Adam a dwarf, so how did people like dwarf came to be? You guys just want to be a critics to the bible.
adaptation and survival of the fittest.darwin got that right
Re: I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours by plaetton: 5:45pm On Aug 29, 2012
Goshen360:

God did not create dwarfism because, like every other genetic abnormality, evolution has a much better explanation for dwarfism.
Infact, dwarfism squarely contradicts the notion of god creating man in his own image.
dont't you agree?
Re: I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours by Goshen360(m): 5:45pm On Aug 29, 2012
Delafruita: *reading and laughing*

Abeg, come answer my kweshion jooor. which one be reading and laughing....are you laughing in "tongues" or in "Japanese"?
Re: I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours by mkmyers45(m): 5:45pm On Aug 29, 2012
Goshen360:

Oga mi have you recieved my widows mite

I am not a critic oooo but a careful observer as i hold true to the fact that the bible contains secret truths
Re: I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours by mkmyers45(m): 5:46pm On Aug 29, 2012
plaetton:

He he hehe.
Thats like a swimming pool.

No wonder then, that the fishes survived.

Oh Oh.
8.37m?
The word god is in trouble again.

grin grin grin

This one na new discovery....
Re: I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours by Delafruita(m): 5:48pm On Aug 29, 2012
plaetton:

Ha ha ha. that is very funny.
In your haste you missed one crucial point: Fishes wash up on shore when they are dead or near death. So even if there were no surfaces to wash up on, they would still be dead because of the prolonged turbulence and disruption of their ecosystem.

Pls take a refresher course in marine biology. Infact, marine life are much more sensitive to disruptions in their environment than terrestial lifeforms.
you do realise we are taking in view a time when people lived for centuries.noah lived for 500years before having ham,shem and japhet.it will make sense to assuma animals also had a different life-frame at the time.that was a time devoid of pollution in which the aquaculture ensured fishes were well nourished.it possible a lot of fishes perished and its also possible a lot of them survived the flood.

1 Like

Re: I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours by Delafruita(m): 5:48pm On Aug 29, 2012
Goshen360:

Abeg, come answer my kweshion jooor. which one be reading and laughing....are you laughing in "tongues" or in "Japanese"?
which kweshion?
Re: I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours by Goshen360(m): 5:50pm On Aug 29, 2012
plaetton:

God did not create dwarfism because, like every other genetic abnormality, evolution has a much better explanation for dwarfism.
Infact, dwarfism squarely contradicts the notion of god creating man in his own image.
dont't you agree?

lies.....God creating man in His image is NOT in physical resemblance. You need to stop reading the bible just to look for words to critize. In his image and likeness means to reflect the person and character of God just like the sun, moon and star are to be light bearer because God is light. So man, in God's image and likeness is to be or reflect God's character and person on earth. Again, you need to use concordance and BIBLE dictionary not English dictionary to define bible words because it wasn't translated from English to English.
Re: I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours by Delafruita(m): 5:51pm On Aug 29, 2012
Goshen360:

No be small thing o. I don laf tire for here naw.....in fact, una don turn this wonderful thread to playground o. I just can't believe it....interesting thread. Where is OP, e be like say me sef get kweshion ooooooo

Delafruita.....WHERE ART THOU? I have kweshion for you ooo. Make I even see your mighty egoor as you strong reach. Are you ready
fire your question
Re: I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours by Goshen360(m): 5:52pm On Aug 29, 2012
mkmyers45:

grin grin grin

This one na new discovery....

Which kind new discovery? Una dey quote yeye equivalent just to discredit the bible....all lies. Give me tithe and offerings and I will show you deeper things. I don't waste my time for nothing anymore.....not for Atheists grin grin grin
Re: I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours by Goshen360(m): 5:53pm On Aug 29, 2012
mkmyers45:

I am not a critic oooo but a careful observer as i hold true to the fact that the bible contains secret truths

Okay, my bad...yours observed and noted. But I never see my tithe sha....make I check now sef. I will brb
Re: I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours by mkmyers45(m): 5:56pm On Aug 29, 2012
Goshen360:

Which kind new discovery? Una dey quote yeye equivalent just to discredit the bible....all lies. Give me tithe and offerings and I will show you deeper things. I don't waste my time for nothing anymore.....not for Atheists grin grin grin

I have sent my widows mite now...Abi you no wan tell me? I am not an atheist sha
Re: I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours by Goshen360(m): 5:56pm On Aug 29, 2012
mkmyers45:

See as I carry speed go check my account only to realise you just dey carry me dey play. okay no worry. God dey sha. At least, Apostle go chop from the alter but as you decided to carry my Apostolic anointing dey play for nairaland, no wahala. But bear in mind, no tithe, no answer....lo ba tan.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Apostle Suleiman Warned Kogi Governorship Candidates Of Death (Video) / Do Human Clones Have Souls? / Is Gambling A Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.