Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,328 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

Lets Take A Brake (what The Heck Does It Mean) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Lets Take A Brake (what The Heck Does It Mean) (1136 Views)

What Does It Mean When Ladies Can't Look At A Guy Straight In The Eye? / What Does It Mean To Be In An Open Relationship? / Can Someone Please Explain Just What The Heck Is Wrong With Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lets Take A Brake (what The Heck Does It Mean) by Nobody: 10:32pm On Aug 28, 2012
hello
just wanted to run this by you guys and hear your opinions
i have two friends who i actually introduced together and now they are dating
i will spare you the details, as that is not the real issue here.
just 2 days back the guy called me that the girl sent him a text saying "that they should take a break so she can sort things out"
i asked if there was any problem and he insisted that he didn't do anything wrong.
according to him a guy has been disturbing the girl on facebook for a while now, and when she told him about it,
he suggested that she deletes him from her friends list, but instead the girl turns round and tells him they should take a break.
but she insisted that he doesn't tell anybody and that includes me, but the guy told her he was going to let me know since i was instrumental to their coming together.
i couldn't say a word as her reaction beats me. i taught it wise not to interfere or say anything to her.
i advised he takes things easy and let issues play out if he knew he didn't do anything wrong.
then yesterday i received a call from her, and she was complaining how my friend was refusing to pick her calls, cos to say the truth
the guy was really hurt by her words.
so i acted like i didn't know anything and asked her what the problem was, of which she insisted there was nothing wrong, which was quite unlike her
i promised to talk to my friend, which i did via text message. obviously he listened to me and answered her,
only for the girl to stand him up, where they agreed to meet.
right now he has made up his mind to give her the break she needs, and if i know my friend very well that could as well be the end of the whole
relationship.
although they are not kids, they are both really new to this dating stuff.
the girl has had a really bad experience with her first boyfriend,
while the guy hasn't really dated in the right sense of the world. he didn't even date a girl all through our stay in the university

she is a good girl, and he is a great guy, and i know he really loves this girl.
i can't quite fathom why she would say she wants a break to sort things out when he obviously wasn't the cause of the problem
What the heck does "lets take a break mean" because seriously i have absolutely no idea, is it that she has watched too many soap operas and
now wants to practice what teenagers say when they are having a mood swing, or she just wants out.

i don't know if to interfere and sit them both down and talk this out,
cos i really think they both need talking to.
otherwise i see immaturity destroying what up till now has been a wonderful experience for both of them. (at least thats what they have been telling me)

or do i just sit and watch them make their own mistakes and allow fate to decide.
or probably just support my friends decision to let her be.
as for the girl i am not even gonna ask her any question until she is ready to tell me herself.
i don't really like interfering, but right now it looks like i might have to.

your thoughts are welcome
thanks.
Re: Lets Take A Brake (what The Heck Does It Mean) by Idowuogbo(f): 10:38pm On Aug 28, 2012
It's means comma!
I'll say dats bera dan a fullstop tongue
Re: Lets Take A Brake (what The Heck Does It Mean) by Nobody: 10:40pm On Aug 28, 2012
Idowuogbo: It's means comma!
I'll say dats bera dan a fullstop tongue
comma ko exclamation mark ni grin

grin
i asked for opinions not mockery
Re: Lets Take A Brake (what The Heck Does It Mean) by cindyrella(f): 10:42pm On Aug 28, 2012
It means, I don tire. .
Abeg make I rest small cheesy
Re: Lets Take A Brake (what The Heck Does It Mean) by Nobody: 10:45pm On Aug 28, 2012
cindyrella: It means, I don tire. .
Abeg make I rest small cheesy
what if when she decides to begin the journey again, the guy now wants to take his own bathroom break undecided
Re: Lets Take A Brake (what The Heck Does It Mean) by cindyrella(f): 10:54pm On Aug 28, 2012
Kingsleyinfo:
what if when she decides to begin the journey again, the guy now wants to take his own bathroom break undecided
Well,he is free. . . They can continue going on "break" until one of them decide to grows some ballz to call it quit! undecided
Re: Lets Take A Brake (what The Heck Does It Mean) by Idowuogbo(f): 10:57pm On Aug 28, 2012
Kingsleyinfo:
Den.... na dat time me go add hyphen join d fullstop
Nansense!!!
Re: Lets Take A Brake (what The Heck Does It Mean) by Dsage1: 11:02pm On Aug 28, 2012
Op, I think u've to intervene,immaturity is killing them both. Ask her d reason why she sent dat message first,her responses wi guild u to settle d matter.
Re: Lets Take A Brake (what The Heck Does It Mean) by Nobody: 11:14pm On Aug 28, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Den.... na dat time me go add hyphen join d fullstop
Nansense!!!
its possible you just read the topic and started posting,
it would do you well to not always judge the book by the cover
read again..... wink
Re: Lets Take A Brake (what The Heck Does It Mean) by Nobody: 11:17pm On Aug 28, 2012
D sage: Op, I think u've to intervene,immaturity is killing them both. Ask her d reason why she sent dat message first,her responses wi guild u to settle d matter.
yeah am thinking that too,
but we are actually quite close, so i am trying to figure out why she didn't want me to know in the first place.
i just wanna help, not cause more problems in their relationship.
thanks
Re: Lets Take A Brake (what The Heck Does It Mean) by slimyem: 11:23pm On Aug 28, 2012
op,stop taking pain-reliever for someone else's headache!
Re: Lets Take A Brake (what The Heck Does It Mean) by Nobody: 11:30pm On Aug 28, 2012
slimyem: op,stop taking pain-reliever for someone else's headache!
is this an advice or an opinion, cos honestly i can't understand it's relevance to the topic
Re: Lets Take A Brake (what The Heck Does It Mean) by slimyem: 11:33pm On Aug 28, 2012
Kingsleyinfo:
is this an advice or an opinion, cos honestly i can't understand it's relevance to the topic
ok..
You wan make i open mouth talk everything...
..it simply means 'mind your own business'
let your friends sort out their issues themselves!
Re: Lets Take A Brake (what The Heck Does It Mean) by Nobody: 11:38pm On Aug 28, 2012
slimyem: ok..
You wan make i open mouth talk everything...
..it simply means 'mind your own business'
let your friends sort out their issues themselves!

Thank you ma, for talking everything grin grin

(1) (Reply)

I Dont Think Its Possible To Love Someone Who Does Not Love You! / An Open Letter To All Boyfriends And Fianceés / 10 Ways To Marry The Wrong Person

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.