Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,789 members, 7,817,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

Bankole Silent On National Issues To Live Long - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bankole Silent On National Issues To Live Long (10923 Views)

PDP Queries Buhari ‘indifference’ To Burning National Issues / I Get Contradictory Advice On National Issues, Says Jonathan / Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bankole Silent On National Issues To Live Long by Nobody: 7:03am On Aug 29, 2012
Why I'm Silent On National Issues- Bankole

ABEOKUTA— Barely 14 months after the former Speaker of House of Representatives, Mr. Dimeji Bankole, left office, he has explained the reason why he kept mum on national issues, saying he preferred to remain silent so as to ‘live long’.
Bankole, who paid a visit to the Matriarch of the Awolowo family, Chief H.I.D Awolowo, in her Ikenne home, yesterday, met secretly with her for 30 minutes.

He, however, declined comments when he was approached by newsmen who got the hint of his visit to Awolowo.

The former Speaker, who was clad in white Kaftan, white cap and black sandals, drove himself to Awolowo’s residence at 1. 18 p.m.

He was received by Mama Awolowo in company of her daughter, Dr. Tokunbo Awolowo-Dosunmu.

He later went into a secret meeting that lasted about 30 minutes with the her.

Vanguard gathered that the meeting might not be unconnected with the issues of unity among the Yoruba and the alleged marginalisation of the race by the President Goodluck Jonathan’s administration.

The meeting also came five days after a meeting was held under the aegis of Yoruba Unity Forum, YUF, at the same place where issues bordering on the relegation of the race in the scheme of things in the country, among other things, were discussed.

Before the meeting, Bankole, who came with few security personnel in a three-car convoy, had told newsmen that he preferred to remain silent on state and national issues because he wanted to live long.

Bankole, who spoke in Yoruba, said “I did not run away; you know since I left office, I have not said a word. I prefer it to remain so.

“I will continue watching from a distance, I don’t want to dabble into what is happening because, I want to live long.”

Attempts made by journalists after Bankole stepped out of the reception room where he held the meeting with Awolowo, to disclose why he was in Ikenne failed, as he declined comments but continue laughing until he drove out of the Awolowo’s compound.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/08/why-im-silent-on-national-issues-bankole/
Re: Bankole Silent On National Issues To Live Long by redsun(m): 7:33am On Aug 29, 2012
Because u are a bl.oody thief,murderfucker. U have got nothing civil to say. In a civil country,u should have been langhishing in jail yard by now,not speaking to rogue press in a rogue country let off criminals like.

8 Likes

Re: Bankole Silent On National Issues To Live Long by Acidosis(m): 7:40am On Aug 29, 2012
Oh! Even if you talk, who's goin listen??
You'd only be a radio without a single listener.
BTW, you'll definitely live long my Honourable, just that it would be better if you were dead.

2 Likes

Re: Bankole Silent On National Issues To Live Long by Nobody: 8:04am On Aug 29, 2012
Err... Mr Bankole I have my own theory. Two reasons:

1. You have nothing worthwhile to contribute.

2. You want to enjoy your loot in peace.

4 Likes

Re: Bankole Silent On National Issues To Live Long by ayobase(m): 8:16am On Aug 29, 2012
Why una wan crucify the guy when there are others outside there....the guy method is even better....some are still walking the streets and mouthing!
Re: Bankole Silent On National Issues To Live Long by ayobase(m): 8:16am On Aug 29, 2012
Why una wan crucify the guy when there are others outside there....the guy method is even better....some are still walking the streets and mouthing!
Who no dey chop among them!
Re: Bankole Silent On National Issues To Live Long by alaoeri: 3:59pm On Aug 29, 2012
Who needs your opinion bank ole.
Re: Bankole Silent On National Issues To Live Long by Demdem(m): 4:04pm On Aug 29, 2012
What can a thief say

1 Like

Re: Bankole Silent On National Issues To Live Long by lappymasta: 4:04pm On Aug 29, 2012
abi wetin he for say? he has got to say something. and what he said is what we have seen reported.
Re: Bankole Silent On National Issues To Live Long by cyril83(m): 4:06pm On Aug 29, 2012
What is this thief saying besides I never knew he'stil breathing
Re: Bankole Silent On National Issues To Live Long by DICKtator: 4:06pm On Aug 29, 2012
To live long? undecided
No wonder OBJ,IBB,buhari et al are dead right?
How did Bank-Ole become a Speaker,like seriously?
grin grin grin grin
Debbie and Meka need donations for their illnesses. Make good use of your looted money!!

1 Like

Re: Bankole Silent On National Issues To Live Long by Afam4eva(m): 4:07pm On Aug 29, 2012
After eating our money and indirectly starving millions of Nigerians to their death, you want to live long. Don't worry you will live tall and your head will be cut off. You must pay for your sins. I even thought this guy was still in detention. Tufiakwa Nigeria.
Re: Bankole Silent On National Issues To Live Long by Wallie(m): 4:09pm On Aug 29, 2012
Typo - "Am Silent On National Issues In [b]Other [/b]To Live Long - Bankole"

"In other" vs. "In order".

In this particular case, it is "in order" and a really simple way of determining which is right is to see if you can delete "in order" in the sentence while conveying the same meaning because "in order" is mostly superfluous.

1 Like

Re: Bankole Silent On National Issues To Live Long by Nobody: 4:10pm On Aug 29, 2012
Long live the thief !!!
Re: Bankole Silent On National Issues To Live Long by solgee(m): 4:11pm On Aug 29, 2012
alaoeri: Who needs your opinion bank ole.
Re: Bankole Silent On National Issues To Live Long by Nobody: 4:11pm On Aug 29, 2012
Mtscheeew, and Your silence will silence you permanently, Thief
Re: Bankole Silent On National Issues To Live Long by Nobody: 4:14pm On Aug 29, 2012
Free him jor. I thought he was dead. At least before this "update" undecided
Re: Bankole Silent On National Issues To Live Long by eastman11: 4:17pm On Aug 29, 2012
Thief's don't live long. Ewu.
Re: Bankole Silent On National Issues To Live Long by realmscape: 4:17pm On Aug 29, 2012
[size=8pt]FASHOLA /ROCHAS FOR PRESIDENT....[/size][/size][size=8pt][size=8pt][/size]
Re: Bankole Silent On National Issues To Live Long by monosetale: 4:18pm On Aug 29, 2012
cyril83: what is Nland forum turning to? Mr man u jst dnt have to bring issues of gari into every discussion...be matured for once
What's matured about bankole or his sorry ass of a life..he's a common thief..beside garri is more important to ♍e than bankole--yes seriously
Re: Bankole Silent On National Issues To Live Long by ebamma(m): 4:22pm On Aug 29, 2012
Wallie: Typo - "Am Silent On National Issues In [b]Other [/b]To Live Long - Bankole"

"In other" vs. "In order".

In this particular case, it is "in order" and a really simple way of determining which is right is to see if you can delete "in order" in the sentence while conveying the same meaning because "in order" is mostly superfluous.
professor wallie were have you been
Re: Bankole Silent On National Issues To Live Long by Nobody: 4:22pm On Aug 29, 2012
What happened to the bankole-Nafada case at EFCC,have they been released?uhmn,naija which way.
Re: Bankole Silent On National Issues To Live Long by Nobody: 4:23pm On Aug 29, 2012
I keep wondering:

How do some people with very tainted conscience sleep at night ?
Re: Bankole Silent On National Issues To Live Long by Gbawe: 4:34pm On Aug 29, 2012
Nigerians !!!! Absolutely emotional to a fault!!! Give yourselves high blood pressure as much as you want. Curse Bankole as much as you want but he remains , aided by the Presidency, a fully paid up member of those running things right now like Otedola et al. Was it not stated that Bankole accompanied GEJ to a meeting with Tinubu recently?

Can folks, not put two and two together, for once, instead of speaking in manner that shows the machinations of our divide-and-conquer rulers will continue to work for a long time? Is it not obvious GEJ has sent his 'trusted Yoruba emissary' and fellow "owner of Nigeria" to keep the peace with the disgruntled "rascals"? After all, keeping everyone 'sweet' is best for business - the looting business.

Vanguard gathered that the meeting might not be unconnected with the issues of unity among the Yoruba and the alleged marginalisation of the race by the President Goodluck Jonathan’s administration.
Re: Bankole Silent On National Issues To Live Long by Bawss1(m): 4:39pm On Aug 29, 2012
Typo

Am silent on national issues. . .

Should actually be

I am silent or I'm silent
Re: Bankole Silent On National Issues To Live Long by Nobody: 4:42pm On Aug 29, 2012
ok i dont know who this bankole guy is so i googled him. so you guys are saying this guy stole £200 million pounds and he is 42 years old ? wow. that has to be the record for the most amount ever stolen by someone as young as 42. most thieves are in there 50s and 60s and 70s even 80s

1 Like

Re: Bankole Silent On National Issues To Live Long by SSaemoenl(m): 4:44pm On Aug 29, 2012
You're are criminal embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is The President Of Gabon An Igboman? / Fashola Canvasses Support For APC Candidate, Ambode / Marketers Blame Drop In Diesel Price To Competition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.