Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,025 members, 7,810,828 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:25 PM

Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators (20294 Views)

Let’s Treat Buhari’s Ministerial List With Urgency, Saraki Tells Senators / Accept Party Supremacy, Buhari Tells Senators, Reps / PDP Queries Buhari ‘indifference’ To Burning National Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by lalasticlala(m): 5:11am On Dec 04, 2014
Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators Plotting To Impeach Him

President Goodluck Jonathan has urged Nigerian senators to leave him alone and concentrate on other issues of national Importance.

Mr. Jonathan declared that the senators should know that there are other issues that ought to catch the lawmakers’ attention instead of threatening to sack him.

President Jonathan took this position in a statement issued by Doyin Okupe, a medical doctor who serves as senior special assistant to the president on public affairs.

The statement was however silent on whether Mr. Jonathan considers that he has, or has not, committed any impeachable offence.

The text of the full statement is below:

RE-PURPOTED GATHERING OF IMPEACHEABLE OFFENCES BY SOME SENATORS

The Senate in the last four years has conducted its legislative functions and responded to issues that are of great national importance with commendable political sagacity.

In this same period, the senate has functioned as a stabilizing force within the polity employing much political maturity that is required to guide and protect our nascent democracy.

However, confrontation and strong disagreements are not uncommon phenomenon in Executive-Legislative relationship world-wide.

The recent purported attempt by some Senators to prepare impeachable offences against the President, as reported in some section of the Media, is seen by us in this light.

We strongly trust and believe in the leadership of the present Senate and the unwavering patriotism and commitment that have been shown by the distinguished members and we trust that ultimately it is this tendency towards true Nationalism that will prevail in the Senate.

It is our view that there are at present, serious fundamental issues of National importance such as winning the war against terrorism and stabilizing the economy in the face of dwindling oil revenue which requires the full attention, commitment and swift action of distinguished members of the Senate.
We are of the opinion that all matters political can and will be resolved politically in the overall interest of our democracy and the wellbeing of our people.
SIGNED
Dr. Doyin Okupe, Senior Special Assistant to the President on Public Affairs

source: http://saharareporters.com/2014/12/03/leave-me-alone-concentrate-issues-jonathan-tells-senators-plotting-impeach-him

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by SeverusSnape(m): 5:21am On Dec 04, 2014
Right, They should leave him alone already, election is less than 3 months away, Those that wants him out can vote him out at the polls.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by ceo4eva: 5:30am On Dec 04, 2014
Good one from Mr President!
Most Nigerians do forget that they also have their state Governors, Senators, Reps, LG Chairmen and other elected public office holders to question for poor performance in office. We only place emphasis on the President to perform every duties, even the job of state Governors, while leaving out other office holders to perpetrate corruption and fraud at the highest level. Nigeria will be a better place if we all learn to hold all public office holders accountable for their Actions and not just the President!

150 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by Firefire(m): 5:35am On Dec 04, 2014
Our Senators and Reps unfortunately have lost their bearing.

Misplaced priority at this crucial time when Nigeria sovereignty is under threat by terrorist and terrorism.

What is the benefits of the impeachment to Nigerians that elected you

If not for your personal gains, flex of muscle and political ambitions.

Our brothers and sisters are been murdered in cold blood in the north, yet you are all singing impeachment.

Posterity is WAITING FOR ALL OF YOU. angry embarassed

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by Brijet(f): 5:40am On Dec 04, 2014
Nice one mr president,law makers should face other issues going on in dis country

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by Firefire(m): 5:46am On Dec 04, 2014
ceo4eva:
Good one from Mr President!
Nigerians do forget that they also have their states Governors, Senators, Reps, and other elected public office holders. We only place emphasis on the President to perform even the job of state Governors, while leaving other office holders perpetrate corruption at the highest level. Nigeria will be a better place if we all learn to hold all public office holders accountable for their actions!

Perfect!

That is the problem with we Nigerians, is it the president alone we elected

- What of our state governors

- Our State House of Assembly men & women

- Our Federal Legislooters.

- Our Local Government chairmen, the closest to the people.

When shall we demand accountability from our state government on how they spend SECURITY VOTES and demand transparency

When shall we ask our representatives how they go about the constituency allowance running into millions? ??

When shall we ask our LGA Administrators how the Federal Allocation is been utilise

We all focus on the Presidency. Why

Nigerians, this is time to think right. The President is not our problem but our wicked and selfish politicians.

Nigeria political landscape is infested with gentle and mean pen robbers.

68 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by eunisam: 5:48am On Dec 04, 2014
they better leave him alone oh or.....!

6 Likes

Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by englishmart(m): 5:49am On Dec 04, 2014
Jonathan, you are part of the national issues. So nobody is leaving you.

Meanwhile, everybody should do his/her own job effectively and not just the president

71 Likes

Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by chakula: 6:05am On Dec 04, 2014
Fear catch the shoeless dude.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by lastmanstandn(m): 6:08am On Dec 04, 2014
How do they concentrate on other pressing issues when you're not signing bills already passed into law.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by omarlee(m): 6:12am On Dec 04, 2014
Leave him alone? The gross incompetence, corruption (common stealing is not corruption), impunity (tear gassing of the honorable members), violation of the electoral act ( via use of a proxy called TAN )............... and many more violation of the constitution by the GEJ administration can make a president to step down not even to wait for his impeachment in a sane climes.

36 Likes

Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by Nobody: 6:16am On Dec 04, 2014
chakula:
Fear catch the shoeless dude.

Who call you here, that's my President talking, they should leave him alone and do their jobs bunch of lazy old fooools, GEJ till Jesus comes.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by Osyxcel(m): 6:17am On Dec 04, 2014
They should just leave the man alone already. Come Feb.14, we'll know if he stays or goes.

4 Likes

Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by Firefire(m): 6:18am On Dec 04, 2014
Some comments here is beyond clueless.

You go fear comments.

Nigeria I hail thee!

10 Likes

Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by purplesummer(f): 6:20am On Dec 04, 2014
lastmanstandn:
How do they concentrate on other pressing issues when you're not signing bills already passed into law.
Are the law makers ignorant of their powers? Don't they know what to do when the President fails or refuses to veto bills? (I bet you don't know too)
And FYI, a bill doesn't become law until the necessary assents have been secured.

6 Likes

Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by Youngzedd(m): 6:26am On Dec 04, 2014
SeverusSnape:
Right, They should leave him alone already, election is less than 3 months away, Those that wants him out can vote him out at the polls.

Only if the election will be free and fair.

They are afraid, they may rig next year election.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by dridowu: 6:35am On Dec 04, 2014
Pictures of Senators holding Goodluck or idonblvit

13 Likes

Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by YungwizzzyPt7: 6:36am On Dec 04, 2014
[size=25pt] They won't leave you until you're thrown out of Aso rock!! [/size]

29 Likes

Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by Nobody: 6:53am On Dec 04, 2014
Yes na.

When there are other pressing issues,the senators are only concerned about irrelevant things..

How will the impeachment of GEJ solve most of the problems bedeviling the country?

Misplaced priority.

6 Likes

Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by Alphaoscar: 7:38am On Dec 04, 2014
You must reap what you have been sowing. by the time you are paying for your sins those hypocrites controlling you will be no where to be seen.

2 Likes

Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by Alphaoscar: 7:39am On Dec 04, 2014
They should leave you alone and watch you teargas the peace put of their lives? Na you look for trouble and that trouble is already banging on your door like bomb.

I wish you your brand of good luck.

16 Likes

Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by HonourablePomk: 7:47am On Dec 04, 2014
lol His matter is a National Issue

1 Like

Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by frankflix: 8:00am On Dec 04, 2014
ok
Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by simplemach(m): 8:00am On Dec 04, 2014
I even wonder why all these lawmakers will not focus on issues geared towards moving this nation forward. Bunch of Jobless f**ls

3 Likes

Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by teemanbastos(m): 8:00am On Dec 04, 2014
[size=16pt]wich national issues? Oga jona abeg park well... Imagine, allowing d police to Teargas d lawmakers, withdrawing security details, MILITARISING democracy, ...xo d TEARGASSED lawmakers should juxt sit down lyk MUGU and dy watch? Abi.. Xo unfortunate[/size]

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by adexsimply(m): 8:00am On Dec 04, 2014
Leave me alone!!!! angry angry angry
Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by okpismart: 8:00am On Dec 04, 2014
Mr President continue doing your job and leave the fence jumping senators to their bickering for it will all come to nothing.

Photos: Damaturu after the Deadly Boko Haram attack
Source: e reporter.com.ng/index.php/national-news/item/1860-photos-damaturu-after-the-deadly-boko-haram-attack

3 Likes

Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by decode55(m): 8:00am On Dec 04, 2014
GEJ don't mind them jare.

This isn't getting funny again sef & its not just about the senators and lawmakers. Average Nigerians have followed the "trend" of blind criticism(which is one of the few things we're good at)

Everything that goes bad, someone would just start screaming "Jonathan"
When your toilet no flush, Jonathan
When atm no gree pay you, Jonathan
When NEPA take light, Jonathan
When your babe "curve" you, Jonathan
undecided undecided

Ah ah!
Free Jonathan abeg! He's not Jesus. (Even Jesus sef go tire for Nigeria/ns)

If you want to effect change in Nigeria, start from yourself! smiley

20 Likes

Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by thatniqqress(f): 8:00am On Dec 04, 2014

LOL grin
Our presido is on 100 degree things
Buh they should leave the man sha.

They have many issues at hand and yet,
they blame everything on the president

They should just go and sleep
Bunch of attention seekers angry

dridowu:
Pictures of Senators holding Goodluck or idonblvit

LOL grin something like this ba?

4 Likes

Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by Maczeelly(m): 8:00am On Dec 04, 2014
Kkk
Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by rubii09: 8:00am On Dec 04, 2014
So this okupe is a medical doctor, Square peg in a round hole. Smh

2 Likes

Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by oluseyiforjesus(m): 8:01am On Dec 04, 2014
U ar part of d National issue Sir

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Court Freezes Stella Oduah’s Accounts Over $16m Debt / Atiku Has Been Plotting Buhari’s Failure Since 2014 – Mohammed Lawal / Atiku, Buhari Will Struggle With Accepting Defeat – Chatham House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.