Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,291 members, 7,954,163 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:27 PM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (777246 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by omoteefat: 6:22am On Jun 13, 2013
@shima was ur TAFE application online?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by STUNTS007: 2:18pm On Jun 13, 2013
Am certain dis issue might have been mentioned, but please @ all d gurus in house Jenny et al .If someone wif a Nigerian passport and is on a student visa in Australia,decides to get married to Nigerian. Will be able to bring his wife over apart from she coming on a student visa like he did? And will she have a work permit. The student visa in question is a 2yr Visa. Thanks in advance.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jun 13, 2013
^^^^^she will come under your visa and will be able to work the same hours you are allowed to work.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 5:18pm On Jun 13, 2013
^^^^
I don't seem to understand o, Jenny.
I think he is a student in Australia and he hasn't gotten married yet. Isn't it?

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jun 13, 2013
Yea. If he marries her, she can come here but under his visa
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jun 13, 2013
mcdon60: thanks jenny, firstly, i planned on studying diploma in marketing and it costs $6,731 and i will need to deposit $2,231 to be issued my COE. showing proof of financial stability is no problem as my uncle will be sponsoring me. i have little cash with me but wont be enough, so my uncle will compliment it. and as regards the accommodation, we can at least afford an accommodation for a total of five months before we start scratching our heads grin.

Dnt you have to pay the full fee for first semester before getting a visa?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 5:44pm On Jun 13, 2013
@Jenny,
I was thinking that he must have provided evidence for spouse coming along; same way a married man, who would like to take his spouse along, would do. Kindly shed light.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jun 13, 2013
Say I left nigeria for studies as a single girl but visited home for Xmas and met a man whom I fell in love with and decided to marry, I would be allowed to bring him here. All he need do is go to the immigration here with his marriage certificate and apply to bring her here especially if he still has a long time to go with b4 visa expires.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jun 13, 2013
There is this Thai student in my church that brought her newly married husband to OZ
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jun 13, 2013
jennykadry:

Dnt you have to pay the full fee for first semester before getting a visa?
yeap, the total tuition is $6,731 for the session, so i was asked to pay $2,231 to be issued my coe after which i will pay the balance for the remaining session in a flexible way as stated on my offer letter. i don't want to do any other thing when MY OGA AT THE TOP said another thing. grin
find herewith the copy of my offer letter i copied and paste.

COURSE SCHEDULE
SUMMARY OF COURSES

CRICOS Code Course Name Start Date – End Date Sessions / Location

064724A BSB51207 -Diploma of Marketing 14/10/2013 - 14/09/2014 New student City EVENING

ORIENTATION DATES

English course(s) orientation date/time:
Vocational course(s) orientation date/time: 9am,11am,1pm,3pm 26 or 27 Sep 2013

SCHEDULE OF FEES DUE BY COURSE AND STUDY PERIODS

Course Name
Diploma of Marketing E58199

Due date Fees payable TOTAL

20/09/2013 Application fee (VET) 2013 - $150.00
MB 14 Month Single 2013 - $581.00
Tuition Fee 2013 - 1st Installment – $1,500.00 $2,231.00

13/12/2013 Tuition Fee 2013 - 2nd Installment - $1,500.00 $1,500.00
04/04/2014 Tuition Fee 2013 - 3rd Installment - $1,500.00 $1,500.00
27/06/2014 Tuition Fee 2013 - 4th Installment - $1,500.00 $1,500.00

Note: 1) For student visa applicants, the Tuition Fee for the 1st study period includes the non-refundable Enrolment Acceptance Fee of $350.

2) The OSHC rate is subject to change by the insurance provider at any time without further notice

Total Fee for all Courses: $6,731.00
Fees Due Now: $2,231.00

*Please do not pay more than the Fees Due Now above. Please note that by law we are required to refund amounts paid by you in excess of the Fees Due Now. The bank fees to transfer this refund amount will be at your own cost. In addition APC takes no responsibility for any loss due to exchange rate movements.

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by shima83: 7:25pm On Jun 13, 2013
@omoteefat yes my application was online.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jun 13, 2013
@ shima83, how much were u asked to pay as deposit before your coe will be issued and how long did it take them to give you an offer from the time of your application? thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by STUNTS007: 9:38pm On Jun 13, 2013
@Jennykadri, Gracias.Thanks for d information, am grateful.I just needed to confirm .Am waiting for a feedback on my student Visa application,I applied at vfs in Abuja 31st May. I applied for a 2yr Msc program in Biotechnology/Bioinformatics in LA Trobe University Melbourne.

I have been following this thread for a while and I have been checking up all the info here.Thanks People and I won't mind answering any question or assisting in anyway I can.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 10:43pm On Jun 13, 2013
STUNTS007: @Jennykadri, Gracias.Thanks for d information, am grateful.I just needed to confirm .Am waiting for a feedback on my student Visa application,I applied at vfs in Abuja 31st May. I applied for a 2yr Msc program in Biotechnology/Bioinformatics in LA Trobe University Melbourne.

I have been following this thread for a while and I have been checking up all the info here.Thanks People and I won't mind answering any question or assisting in anyway I can.

pls how much were you asked for initial deposit before COE were issued to you
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by shima83: 2:58am On Jun 14, 2013
@ mcdon60 i wasnt asked to pay any deposit b4 my coe came and i applied in a week and got a response that same week.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by shima83: 2:59am On Jun 14, 2013
pls can some one pls answer my question.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:06am On Jun 14, 2013
shima83: @ mcdon60 i wasnt asked to pay any deposit b4 my coe came and i applied in a week and got a response that same week.
@shima83, realy? What is d name of that school? Which state in Australia is school?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 7:06am On Jun 14, 2013
@Jenny, thanks for the clarification.

@Shima, what was your question? I couldn't see any at all other than saying you weren't required to pay for CoE.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:11am On Jun 14, 2013
RedReact: @Jenny, thanks for the clarification.

@Shima, what was your question? I couldn't see any at all other than saying you weren't required to pay for CoE.
is it posible not to pay a tuition deposit before being issued COE?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 7:21am On Jun 14, 2013
Not possible from what I have seen and experienced so far. One has to pay for CoE to be given cos that is what will be used for the visa application.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:37am On Jun 14, 2013
shima83: hello am new here and i will love to ask a couple of questions. i got admitted to tafe into a business program and will love to change into another program like nursing will it be possible? secondly the financial requirement is it only my sponsors bank statement that is needed and how much is advice to in the a/c? lastly what is the standard of living in south Australia is it high and is it possible when i get there i get a job to do immediately.thanks anticipating your response.
yes it is posibl, just inform ur case manager. It is posibl 2 use combined acct usually 2 wil b preferabl if ur sponsor dnt av enough in his/her acct bt it wil b advicable 2 use 1. The total acct balance dpends on ur total tuition fee 4 a session plus total living expenses ($18,600) added 2 ur flight fare. Everything should b frm around #6mil and abov. Standard of livin in Australia is moderate, it also depends on where u r living e.g sydney livin standard is high, i think perth, darwin, brisbane, adelaide is moderate and it also depends on ur way of life. U can only start workin wen u begin ur studies, u cannot work full time, u can only work 20hrs wkly during term times and unlimitd hours during break times . I stil want to leave it 4 my oga at the top to coment further on ur question because i dnt want to say one thing and my oga at the top say anoda thing. Oga jenny, redreact, r u there? I dnt want to loose my job oo. Pls say something.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 9:00am On Jun 14, 2013
@Shima, I hace gotten your question now.
Firstly, you can combine accounts together and that would mean you have sponsorship asides using yourself as a lonse sponsor.
To your issue of crossing to nursing after your program, don't you think that will cost a lot of money? I would suggest you apply for nursing straight, as it depicts you know the path you are coursing as against doing business-related program program and do nursing later.
Concerning the standard of living, Aussie is costly to live in a little, except you stay in the regional areas. Besides, cost of living in a place is relative, as it depends on your style.
For jobs, you can work for 20hrs/week on session, and indefinite hours during break. The issue there is that when working, you have to be smart about it so that it won't affect studies. Someone like me won't go for work during school sessions, except on holidays, as it can affect performance at school.
Lastly, I think your college is a private one, for them to have admitted you within a week. Why not choose a public college?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by STUNTS007: 9:30am On Jun 14, 2013
@Americanvisa My tuition for 1yr is about A$25,000 ,OSHC(Overseas Health Insurance cover) -A$ 1,131.For the purpose of my COE, I was told to pay half of my tution and the OSHC.

For the OSHC , in my offer letter it mentioned dat the duration covered will be 26months, but when I obtained my COE, I observed that d period covered was about 3yrs like 39months ,did any other person observe did pls?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:20am On Jun 14, 2013
STUNTS007: @Americanvisa My tuition for 1yr is about A$25,000 ,OSHC(Overseas Health Insurance cover) -A$ 1,131.For the purpose of my COE, I was told to pay half of my tution and the OSHC.

For the OSHC , in my offer letter it mentioned dat the duration covered will be 26months, but when I obtained my COE, I observed that d period covered was about 3yrs like 39months ,did any other person observe did pls?

I've got two offers now:Masters of Computer Science with Edith Cowan University,Perth and the half annual tuition is 10,800AUD and 1,120.50AUD OSHC to go with it before CoE comes in.Again Masters of Computer with Flinder University,Adelaide and 13,550AUD Half Tuition and 1,178AUD OSHC. I have not decided on the one to accept because University of Ballarat is yet to offer me a YES or No, if Yes I expect works to be within 10,500AUD and I will accept theirs, if not I go for ECU's.

When is it late to accept? They did not say! Since I have not paid, I don't know what months my OSHC will cover.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Fikzzy(m): 12:04pm On Jun 14, 2013
ferdimako:

I've got two offers now:Masters of Computer Science with Edith Cowan University,Perth and the half annual tuition is 10,800AUD and 1,120.50AUD OSHC to go with it before CoE comes in.Again Masters of Computer with Flinder University,Adelaide and 13,550AUD Half Tuition and 1,178AUD OSHC. I have not decided on the one to accept because University of Ballarat is yet to offer me a YES or No, if Yes I expect works to be within 10,500AUD and I will accept theirs, if not I go for ECU's.

When is it late to accept? They did not say! Since I have not paid, I don't know what months my OSHC will cover.

The minimum your OSHC will cover is the number of years you are slated to run the program. The lateness on when to accept will have being sent to you with your conditional or unconditional offer letters.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jun 14, 2013
Fikzzy:

The minimum your OSHC will cover is the number of years you are slated to run the program. The lateness on when to accept will have being sent to you with your conditional or unconditional offer letters.

Yeah they say visa-length but that other guy saw 26months and later got 39months and he's seeking a visa for his two-yr Msc. That is not a problem but we want to know all as learned people do.

Both schools didn't say with figures but I saw as soon as possible against Flinders U. I'm not doing anything until UB clears the coast.I was thinking I should ask them to be specific with the dates. What do you think?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jun 14, 2013
So what are your plans now McDon?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jun 14, 2013
STUNTS007: @Jennykadri, Gracias.Thanks for d information, am grateful.I just needed to confirm .Am waiting for a feedback on my student Visa application,I applied at vfs in Abuja 31st May. I applied for a 2yr Msc program in Biotechnology/Bioinformatics in LA Trobe University Melbourne.

Feb 2014, you coming??
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jun 14, 2013
jennykadry: So what are your plans now McDon?
well, i plan to come on 1.5 yrs student visa and then apply for a spouse visa and a bridging visa A (BVA). and so far my waiting period here in Nig will be a max of 12months and 15months if i apply for a spouse visa in Australia, so why waste my time here in Nigeria and wait that long soaking Garri and living the hard life plus insecurity here? more so my wife and son will not like to stay here that long and so far they are citizens they can move anytime as i'm the only one delaying our movement, also even if i wait for 12months here in Nig for my partner visa to be granted, i would still like to further my education wen i get to Australia so why not make i kuku go on student visa, apply for partner visa and wait for 15months max and if my student visa is about to expire during the process of waiting for my partner visa to be granted, then I can apply for a bridging visa A (BVA) as i'm qualified for that visa type and not bridging visa E (BVE) because i didn't cancel my student visa, as i'm only applying for another visa as a result of the expiration of my present visa . this is my tot ooo jenny, i don't know what u can advise? i'm all ears. thanks. wink
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by STUNTS007: 7:42pm On Jun 14, 2013
I pray my Visa comes out Next week.My admission is for July 2013.Can't wait to be in Melbourne.I hope Naija peeps plenty for Melbourne? Lol
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jun 14, 2013
STUNTS007: I pray my Visa comes out Next week.My admission is for July 2013.Can't wait to be in Melbourne.I hope Naija peeps plenty for Melbourne? Lol
Well i can imagine how eager you are now, don't worry you will have your visa and everything will turn out good. Australia no hard like US/UK. just be prayerful smiley
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by akomsy(m): 8:29pm On Jun 14, 2013
STUNTS007: I pray my Visa comes out Next week.My admission is for July 2013.Can't wait to be in Melbourne.I hope Naija peeps plenty for Melbourne? Lol

have u gone for medicals and also have the embasssy contacted you?

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.