Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,851 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (754371 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by henrychubayo: 6:10pm On Sep 17, 2012
jennykadry:

it takes 3 months to process a visa for nigerian passports
What! 3 months to process a visa. Plz could you tell us where you got the information or your experience about it. Thank you
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ghettodreamz(m): 2:32am On Sep 18, 2012
@jennykadry

I directed some questions to you on one of the old threads about Australia, kindly see here www.nairaland.com/194745/what-nigerians-think-australia/8#12211441

Ma,I'll appreciate your swift response,God blesses you more!

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:12am On Sep 18, 2012
henrychubayo:
What! 3 months to process a visa. Plz could you tell us where you got the information or your experience about it. Thank you

570 – Independent ELICOS
571 – Schools
572 – Vocational Education and Training
573 – Higher Education
574 – Postgraduate Research
575 – Non-Award
576 – AusAID or Defence

Nigerian passport holder applying for student visa 572, 571, 570, 573, 575, fall under the category of what the immigration calls "ASSESSMENT LEVEL 3" except for 574 and 576 which fall into Level 2. It takes 3 months to process a visa as holders of a Nigerian passport if you are applying for 572, 571, 570, 573, 575 visas and 21 days if you are applying for 576 and 574

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/assessment-levels.pdf

^^^Go through that link and look for Nigerian passport holders and what assessment levels you fall into. Then......

http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charters/client-services-charter/visas/2.0.htm

^^^^Check what visa you are applying for and how long it will take to process it
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:38am On Sep 18, 2012
ghettodreamz: @jennykadry

I directed some questions to you on one of the old threads about Australia, kindly see here www.nairaland.com/194745/what-nigerians-think-australia/8#12211441

Ma,I'll appreciate your swift response,God blesses you more!

I don't live in Adelaide and truth is, they are too many schools offering computer science so it will be difficult to try and pin point one out of hundreds offering it cheaper.

Yes, degree students are allowed to work 20 hours a week the last time I checked. I do not live in Adelaide, I am some where in western australia

Click on the link below to see what the immigration requires from you financially

http://www.immi.gov.au/students/students/573-3/financial.htm
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by wahabcoal(m): 8:39am On Sep 18, 2012
@Jennykady, Thanks for your prompt reply. SoNice of U.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:41am On Sep 18, 2012
^^No worries mate

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ghettodreamz(m): 4:46am On Sep 19, 2012
jennykadry:

I don't live in Adelaide and truth is, they are too many schools offering computer science so it will be difficult to try and pin point one out of hundreds offering it cheaper.

Yes, degree students are allowed to work 20 hours a week the last time I checked. I do not live in Adelaide, I am some where in Western Australia

Click on the link below to see what the immigration requires from you financially

http://www.immi.gov.au/students/students/573-3/financial.htm

Thank you for your helpful response, meanwhile I've already gone thru the link you suggested above, I think I need to find a school with a cheap fee structure first before I would be able to ascertain the overall financial requirements for the purpose of Student Visa application. However, I'm finding it difficult searching for Universities in Western Australia, so far I have seen Murdoch, Edith Cowan with high fee cost, but The Uni of Western Australia didn't publish their tuition fee on their website, guess I will try and shoot them an email and hopefully I will get someone to respond.

Contrary to the cost of living in Western Australia you posted on 'Working to pay tuition fee in Australia', someone just told me he's paying $600 for a month rent in Perth. How true could this be please? Which of the Unis is your cousin studying? I'll be mostly interested in studying/living in a cheap and affordable Uni/City as a student who is ready to live a low profile life, and I think the living expenses you analyzed on the aforementioned thread above would favourably befits me. If you can provide me with links to Uni's offering Bsc in Comp. Sci, I'd be very grateful. I know students get automatic 20hrs/week working permit on their vis, what are the categories of work there, a student can do? Like how much would that be shooting up to per month?

I await your timely response, thank you and God bless!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by wahabcoal(m): 11:01am On Sep 19, 2012
@ghetto, considering the most affordable Uni, I think University of Sydney seems to be one of the most affordable, like 12,000$ annual, and u'll be required to pay for a semester.
You can check out their website. But I think cost of living in sydney is high compared to perth, adlaide.
Goodluck in ur quest bro.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:18pm On Sep 19, 2012
^^^^ FOR a bachelor degree program me of computer science and technology? as an international student?i don't think so, check the link below

http://sydney.edu.au/courses/Bachelor-of-Computer-Science-and-Technology

Ghetto, where my relative studies should not be the a question here wink . Schools offer accommodation for students very cheap and also you can find a shared accommodation where you pay much less than 600 dollars. you are allowed to work 20 hours a week and unlimited hours when school is on holidays. find below the fees list of courses in uwa. yes you can work and save enough to assist you with fees. what people do is, they work unlimited hours when school is on break and make heaps of money. i know of people who earn over 2k per fortnight after tax.

http://www.studyat.uwa.edu.au/courses-and-careers/undergraduate/fees/international-fees/undergraduate-fees
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:31pm On Sep 19, 2012
sorry my reply is short. just got back from work and so tireddddd. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ghettodreamz(m): 1:28pm On Sep 19, 2012
wahabcoal: @ghetto, considering the most affordable Uni, I think University of Sydney seems to be one of the most affordable, like 12,000$ annual, and u'll be required to pay for a semester.
You can check out their website. But I think cost of living in sydney is high compared to perth, adlaide.
Goodluck in ur quest bro.

Bro $12,000 annual fee sound intimidating but in the absence of low cost of living, na war oooo. I'm still trying to gather more info about Perth and maybe I will consider the Adelaide school parol too. All the same, thank you for your contribution.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ghettodreamz(m): 1:41pm On Sep 19, 2012
jennykadry: ^^^^ FOR a bachelor degree program me of computer science and technology? as an international student?i don't think so, check the link below

http://sydney.edu.au/courses/Bachelor-of-Computer-Science-and-Technology

Ghetto, where my relative studies should not be the a question here wink . Schools offer accommodation for students very cheap and also you can find a shared accommodation where you pay much less than 600 dollars. you are allowed to work 20 hours a week and unlimited hours when school is on holidays. find below the fees list of courses in uwa. yes you can work and save enough to assist you with fees. what people do is, they work unlimited hours when school is on break and make heaps of money. i know of people who earn over 2k per fortnight after tax.

http://www.studyat.uwa.edu.au/courses-and-careers/undergraduate/fees/international-fees/undergraduate-fees

I'm sorry don't mean to bother you with the question about your cousin, no harm intended. Thank you for taking some time out replying my post. Earning over 2k every fortnight after tax sound promising but UWA school fees is higher than Murdoch's and even Edith Cowan's. I think so far, Murdoch is the best bet, but I'm going through the Sydney link you posted above. I already downloaded Uni of Sydney's 2013 Prospectus, I think that should give me detailed info as regarding studying and living in Sydney.

Sorry to hear you were tired; I figured out is already evening there now, hope you get some rest soon. Once again, thank you for being there for us, God bless you more.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:58pm On Sep 19, 2012
2k is during school holidays. As at 2009, i knew of someone who paid 90 dollars per week for school accommodation
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ghettodreamz(m): 3:09pm On Sep 19, 2012
jennykadry: 2k is during school holidays. As at 2009, i knew of someone who paid 90 dollars per week for school accommodation

2k for 14days intensive work during school holidays Na waoooo. So has the price gone up from 90bucks it used to be? Scenario of working through out the whole year to pay a semester or session tuition, how realistic is this? If one have to pay 90AUD weekly for accommodation living in a shared apt, paying utility bills, with feeding inclusive, how much would cost of living shoot up to for 3 months interval?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:44pm On Sep 19, 2012
Define intensive work? Like the ones people do in Nigeria at construction sites and still go home with nothing? Or the ones the conductors and drivers do everyday shouting for customers at the top of their lungs?

Can you also quote where I said the work is for 14 days and intensive? You have lost me there. Last time I checked I said people get paid fortnightly, I did not mention days they had to work for

When did students start paying for bills whilst living in a room the school has provided them with? Isn't there a reason why it is called "student" accommodation? In Nigeria school hostel aren't bills included in your payment already?

The last time I checked, basic utility bills get paid 3 monthly for those that rent so what are you saying? There are students here who fend for themselves so no one here is going to be the first or the last. Even women work hard to fend or themselves without involving themselves in dirty stuff so how much more a man?

Also I would love for my posts to be read properly so the wrong message will not be sent across

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 4:09pm On Sep 19, 2012
Jenny, can I get your mail address? I would like to confirm something from you.
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ghettodreamz(m): 4:17pm On Sep 19, 2012
jennykadry: Define intensive work? Like the ones people do in Nigeria at construction sites and still go home with nothing? Or the ones the conductors and drivers do everyday shouting for customers at the top of their lungs?

Can you also quote where I said the work is for 14 days and intensive? You have lost me there. Last time I checked I said people get paid fortnightly, I did not mention days they had to work for

When did students start paying for bills whilst living in a room the school has provided them with? Isn't there a reason why it is called "student" accommodation? In Nigeria school hostel aren't bills included in your payment already?

The last time I checked, basic utility bills get paid 3 monthly for those that rent so what are you saying? There are students here who fend for themselves so no one here is going to be the first or the last. Even women work hard to fend or themselves without involving themselves in dirty stuff so how much more a man?

Also I would love for my posts to be read properly so the wrong message will not be sent across

Forgive me if I got your message minced up there. You never mentioned 14 days and intensive,you mentioned people work hard to make heap of money fortnightly, I believe that means every other week, which is after 14days using the calendar month, but I understand there are cases where you don't have to work weekends depending on the employer or nature of the job.

I've never lived in a school dorm before, and even while I was in Uni, I rented an apt very close to school considering the fact that it was a non-residential school,so I had thought when you mentioned people paying 90AUD/weekly sharing an apt, would be somewhere off campus. Was the 90AUD/weekly accommodation, one in the school student dorm?

Ma, I'm not against people working to fend for themselves, I'm a hustler and it's not a new thing to me, so I know what it takes fending for oneself, is what I have been doing for many years, so I don't see any problem in doing that myself if I have to, I was only trying to get the clear picture of what life is like studying and living there. People who ask questions, can never miss their roads, I realize in certain situations like this, being silent won't help about some vital and cogent details. I should hope by now, you should understand where I'm coming from.

Like I earlier on stated, I already downloaded the brochure from that Sydney link you sent me, but it's quite voluminous and I'm still going through it. I really appreciate your nice gesture, been very helpful.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by wahabcoal(m): 10:23pm On Sep 19, 2012
@ghetto, Its advised to have substantial fund that would cater for one(1) year tuition, feeding and accomodation, though the Fortnight Jobs could fend for these BUT all depends on the 'person'. Some factors would determine its possiblity. My advise is, focus more on securing the admission, meetup with embassy requirement, get there and let Aussie worry about how you'll fend, cos I believe you will be FINE, judging from the 'hustling' spirit you said you have.
Things will definitely take care of itself when you get there. Its all good bro.

3 Likes

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:21pm On Sep 19, 2012
^^^ I have to agree with you there wahab and I love your line ...." it depends on the person"

RedReact: Jenny, can I get your mail address? I would like to confirm something from you.
Thanks in anticipation.

Sorry but nope. Everyone here is on this thread to learn. Ask your questions here and if I can, I will answer them. smiley
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 12:16am On Sep 20, 2012
jennykadry:

Sorry but nope. Everyone here is on this thread to learn. Ask your questions here and if I can, I will answer them. smiley
I understand you.
I wanted to ask if you had an idea about graduate diploma as an exit program.
I asked the graduate studies unit at the university of sydney about it and she said it's for those who would want to go for masters degree program but then exit with postgraduate diploma.
In Nigeria, postgraduate diploma serves as a bridge to masters degree if a student is changing from one discipline to another discipline, though the 2 disciplines must be related.
This is what I wanted you to explain to me and why I requested for your mail. You can address this here should you have an explanation to give concerning it.
Thanks and really appreciate your contribution.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by wahabcoal(m): 8:39am On Sep 20, 2012
jennykadry: ^^^ I have to agree with you there wahab and I love your line ...." it depends on the person"
Yea thanks, that's what I believe, if one could not only work but leverage on opportunities, one could realise more than anticipated. Anyway, lemme say 'anticipated opportunity' cos I also an intended applicant, and as a 9ja boy, "Preparation+opportunity=success" formula would work for me, when the time comes.
And thanks for your ususal contributions on the thread, GodBless you.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by wahabcoal(m): 10:39am On Oct 03, 2012
Is there any February intake applicant in the house?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by amattahcj(m): 2:30pm On Oct 03, 2012
please do Australian citizen have passport or national identity card number? my friend that is writing me an invitation letter told me that they don't have such in there country. pls nairaland is it true on what he said?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by amattahcj(m): 2:34pm On Oct 03, 2012
please do Australian citizens have national passport or national identity card number? my friend that is writing an invitation letter for me told me that they don't have such in there country. pls nairaland is it true on what he said?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:10am On Oct 09, 2012
@redreact

Sorry but I could not understand your post, please explain properly what course you are looking at commencing. I will ring the school myself and find out for you what the requirements are and if you are able to kick off with it.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:11am On Oct 09, 2012
amattahcj: please do Australian citizens have national passport or national identity card number? my friend that is writing an invitation letter for me told me that they don't have such in there country. pls nairaland is it true on what he said?
Passport as in Australia passport?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:12am On Oct 09, 2012
@ghetto and wahab

How una dey.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by wahabcoal(m): 11:50am On Oct 10, 2012
jennykadry: @ghetto and wahab

How una dey.

jennykadry: @ghetto and wahab

How una dey.
Sister Jenny, thanks for keeping in touch, trust you're doing Great!
I'm dulling my application kinda due to some factors. I'm getting registered for Oct 29th IELTS, would get a response from the school 2-3weeks I guess then I can file for pretoria(vfs). Is Feb intake still visible or likely?

@ghetto, I found University of wollongong and University of Queensland for u, seems to be affordable (10,000-12,000) annual fee.
How's it been bro?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:00am On Oct 11, 2012
It depends on the schools official start date in February. I know it takes 3 months so I don't know if there will be enough time for you to attend the orientation date which is the most important date and in most schools it is is compulsory.

IELTS results take 2 weeks. Pray first you meet the cut off mark which is ??

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by dannywest01: 11:17am On Oct 11, 2012
Hi all, i just finished my Bsc and will like to continue my Masters in Australia but I had previously been refused Australian visa for a conference earlier this year, now my question is will i be granted the student visa if i apply again for a student visa after being denied the previous time. The basis of the denial was because the agent used some documents which were found to be misleading. Please i need your help here because i am considering my options at the moment. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.