Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,617 members, 7,809,265 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:00 AM

I Am Pissed Off With My Wife Completely - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am Pissed Off With My Wife Completely (8011 Views)

3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying / Could My Wife Be Cheating? / I Am So Pissed Off At My Wife And Father In Law. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Pissed Off With My Wife Completely by bjcole(m): 4:34pm On Aug 29, 2012
My wife knows quite well that i dont appreciate her contacts with her EXs, because this created a lots of problem before we got married, that she had to give her old line to her sister, to stop the mess. But to my amazement, after 6yrs of marriage, her main ex, which they dated for over 7yrs( he wasnt the one causing problem, because the parted in bad faith, i thought she wouldnt even say hello to him if she sees him) has been calling hreeer. The guy even came to her house, when her mum died to greet her and told her of his travelling to london. They have been talking since the guy got to London, and the guy calls on her birthday( she told me, though i dont think thats all).

The question is cant the sleeping dog lies for God sake. I have all a lots of exs, i dont call them, not to talk of even remembering their birthday. She parted with the guy like 8yrs ago, 3 yrs before we got married, so whats the remembrance or link for God sake.Though they are both from the same town and they see each other sometimes i guess.
My fear is this, my wife usually travels to her home town from our base in Portharcourt, every long holiday, to stay with her family for like 2months, since we got married like 5yrs ago. I guess they have been seeing, only God knows what could have happenned. I dont know if this is tribal, i am a yoruba too, but why do yoruba girls behave like this.I am pissed with her men, she just bleeped our marriage up
Re: I Am Pissed Off With My Wife Completely by olahyra(f): 4:46pm On Aug 29, 2012
Eeya!, I feel u, but my question is, av u sit ur wife down to talk to her, cos if she is behaving lyk she doesn't knw her priority, u beta sit her down to talk to her. Accepting the fact dat she bleeped up ur marraige is not the way out.
Re: I Am Pissed Off With My Wife Completely by webcam(m): 4:55pm On Aug 29, 2012
@POSTER PLEASE LET HER KNOW THAT YOU DONT WANT THE GUY TO CALL HER AGAIN AND SHE TOO SHOULD STOP CALLING HIM AGAIN..SAME THING HAPPEN BTW ME AND MT FIANCE AND I TOLD HER TO STOP CALLING HER EX AND AVOID HIM AND SHE ASK ME WHY WHICH I EXPLAIN TO HER BY SAYING SHE SHOULD NOT TROW STONE IN THE MARKET WHERE HER MOTHER IS SELLING STUFF....THIS GUY N QUESTION IS ENGAGE AND SHE TOO IS ENGAGE AND I DONT WANT A SITUATION WHERE HE WILL TELL MY FIANCE THAT HE FALL INLOVE AGAIN OR MY FIANCE FALL INLOVE WITH HIM BY INVOLVE IS MULDANE STUFF THAT SHE WILL COME TO ME THAT IS DEVIL THAT CAUSE IT......PLEASE DO ALL UR BEST TO STOP UR WIFE ABOUT THIS

1 Like

Re: I Am Pissed Off With My Wife Completely by bjcole(m): 5:06pm On Aug 29, 2012
she seems to have soft spot for the guy, things are a bit rough now,because i lost my job and we had to part our luxurious life in phc & come down to Lagos to manage.A family friend that was there on our introduction, the wife played a major role on our wedding day, was the cause of initial problem. The Man was looking for job for her, and was also disturbing her at the back, until i got to know.I complained bitterly about this and even had to confront the guy and he later apologized.But she has not been friendly and i complained about lack of trust because i still stay often in Phc with only her and kids here. In the cause of her explanation, she brought the issue of this her EX, and how if the guy is asked today of her, the guy will always attest to her faithfulness and that the guy knows all she can do.

So i was surprised that this guy is past tense, how did she remember her, & i probed further, and she opened up that the guy even came to her family house to show her traveling documents, and that they get in touch once in a while since the guy traveled. The guy has not forgotten her birthday after parting for like 8yrs now.
I dont know if i have been a fool since we got married, i was with her once in her home town, and she crossed the main road to go and greet the guy and i complained bitterly, and told her that i dont like that kind of nature. Past is past.

I m just considering my kids now because, i dont even know her involvement with this guy. I dont know what women really want.

1 Like

Re: I Am Pissed Off With My Wife Completely by bjcole(m): 5:20pm On Aug 29, 2012
Re: I Am Pissed Off With My Wife Completely by Saraha1(f): 5:32pm On Aug 29, 2012
Sir, you need patience and wisdom on this situation in other to save your marriage.
Re: I Am Pissed Off With My Wife Completely by Chanchit: 5:49pm On Aug 29, 2012
First of all, go do DNA for ur children, that is if u have one, cos i've not seen anything abt children in your post, i'm very sure, if ur wife truely respects you, she won't try that sh!?t... Let me rest my case, cos if me give you my advice, they would start qouting me now..

3 Likes

Re: I Am Pissed Off With My Wife Completely by EfemenaXY: 5:50pm On Aug 29, 2012
Nigerian men and their insecurity issues.

@Poster, so bottom line here is that you don't trust your wife.

So the question here is, what are you going to do about it?

1 Like

Re: I Am Pissed Off With My Wife Completely by Kobojunkie: 5:59pm On Aug 29, 2012
@Poster, I will tell you what I will tell a woman in your case, you just have to accept that you CANNOT CONTROL YOUR PARTNER. Simply,let her know how you feel about what she is doing, and continue your life as best you can. She is an adult and will make whatever decisions she will. You cannot impose your will on her, and you can only hope that she will do right by your marriage in the end.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Pissed Off With My Wife Completely by bjcole(m): 6:35pm On Aug 29, 2012
Kobojunkie: @Poster, I will tell you what I will tell a woman in your case, you just have to accept that you CANNOT CONTROL YOUR PARTNER. Simply,let her know how you feel about what she is doing, and continue your life as best you can. She is an adult and will make whatever decisions she will. You cannot impose your will on her, and you can only hope that she will do right by your marriage in the end.
thats what i thought about, i will my life the way i want it,
Re: I Am Pissed Off With My Wife Completely by bjcole(m): 6:43pm On Aug 29, 2012
Chanchit: First of all, go do DNA for ur children, that is if u have one, cos i've not seen anything abt children in your post, i'm very sure, if ur wife truely respects you, she won't try that sh!?t... Let me rest my case, cos if me give you my advice, they would start qouting me now..
DNA surely, because she was pregnant b4 we got married. she should go & get d attention of her EX that she is looking for, i m moving back 2 phc, she shud enjoy her EX call very well.
Re: I Am Pissed Off With My Wife Completely by Kobojunkie: 6:46pm On Aug 29, 2012
bjcole: thats what i thought about, i will my life the way i want it,

One thing about living your life the way you want it is that if you decide to take this as license to also contribute to the destruction of the marriage, then you will have no one to blame at the end of the day. So as you choose to live your life, you should be aware of the choices you make ,ensuring you do not also aid in putting the nail in the coffin so to speak.

If you are trying or looking for a way to end the marriage, then that is all you as you, to this point, have no really gotten evidence that she is doing anything beyond speaking to the man.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Pissed Off With My Wife Completely by Nobody: 7:03pm On Aug 29, 2012
I just skimmed thru I didn't read, so far all I have seen is you not trusting your wife, she tells u whenever he calls etc. I know its annoying whenever you hear the ex calls, sit her down and tell her to stop communicating with the ex, instead of suspecting her of cheating
Re: I Am Pissed Off With My Wife Completely by Nobody: 7:09pm On Aug 29, 2012
Isn't the ex married? doesn't he have a life of his own?

I didn't quite get your story about this ex trying to find your wife a job and you going to confront him; is that what you said?

I know that a lot of people will only talk about trust, but if the guy has said that he doesn't feel comfortable with his wife still being in contact with an ex that she broke up with 8 years ago, then wifey has to respect that request.

@poster the only thing I can suggest is that even though you may be feeling vulnerable right now as a man due to your job situation, you need to have a sit down with your wife and explain to her the implications to the marriage of her continuing being in constant communication with her ex. Explain to her that you are only human and how will she deal with a situation where you begin to read meaning into her every move. Also ask her how she will feel if an ex of yours was in contact with you. A the end of the day one has to respect ones partners feelings especially if it concerns relationships that are really not beneficial.

1 Like

Re: I Am Pissed Off With My Wife Completely by obowunmi(m): 7:21pm On Aug 29, 2012
Poster, this issue to me is not an issue of trust but an issue of respect.

Your wife is NOW a married woman. If she cannot leave the ex issues from 8 yrs ago, then there are serious issues. If she respects you, as your wife, ex will not be in the picture.

A normal wife will say, I am married now, pls out of respect for my husband, I don't think this friendship is appropriate. Will you sit and wait before they start to catch feelings for each other again? I mean common.

I'm not married yet and I'm certainly not in touch with any exes from 1 month ago. Rubbish!

4 Likes

Re: I Am Pissed Off With My Wife Completely by Maxymilliano(m): 7:24pm On Aug 29, 2012
OP, the guy probaby knows your wife ways of reasoning and dats why he flaunt his Visa documents to gain your wife attention thinking dat your wife will consider her 'waste opportunites'...

Your wife can only fall for such cheap tactics if she's the material type. Let her follop her sense of reasoning and you delete her from your life if she's recalcitrant about her affection for the other dude in UK.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Pissed Off With My Wife Completely by OYINBOGOJU(m): 7:33pm On Aug 29, 2012
You complained bitterly
Again
You complained bitterly
Yet still
You complained bitterly

But You Lack Action bro.

You have never taken any action to stop this underground moves all you do is complain bitterly and as long as you keep complaining I see no solution to ur wife motives.

1 Like

Re: I Am Pissed Off With My Wife Completely by EfemenaXY: 7:47pm On Aug 29, 2012
^^ And I thought I was the only one who noticed the serial use of the word bitterly...

1 Like

Re: I Am Pissed Off With My Wife Completely by Nobody: 7:55pm On Aug 29, 2012
My brother calm down. Not every relationship ends with breaking bottles and deleting numbers, cursing and swearing, some people end their relationship cos they have grown apart or at a certain point want different things not even cos of genotype, but in some cases friendship and in this case family relations have been built and kept over the years.
My friend has one of such relationships, in fact her Exes parents are like her parents, the ex is from an all boys family and she is like the daughter in the house, weddings, parties etc she is there and at first her exes wife was jealous but now even goes to her for advice. They grew apart and realized that they were more like brother and sister not boyfriend and girlfriend and so ended a 7 year relationship but remained more than friends, more of family.
You meet some people and you click with and you make live friendships no matter what happens. I say trust your wife, if you know her and you are confident in your relationship then let her have her friend.
I think your insecurities stems from your job loss more than from their friendship

2 Likes

Re: I Am Pissed Off With My Wife Completely by bjcole(m): 7:55pm On Aug 29, 2012
she had left dis guy long B4 we met, they dated from sec skool days, now d issue is, i ve told her, i dont like this ex closeness, right from day one. but her own understanding is different. she says an adage like, if we r fighting, its nt dat we shd die. is like we are nt one d same page, i ve told her & she said she heard but she does nt really understand why i shd bother, she trust her self & knows what she can do. but 4 me Ex is Ex, i dnt call my exs, because they r married & its gone.
Re: I Am Pissed Off With My Wife Completely by Kobojunkie: 8:06pm On Aug 29, 2012
bjcole: she had left dis guy long B4 we met, they dated from sec skool days, now d issue is, i ve told her, i dont like this ex closeness, right from day one. but her own understanding is different. she says an adage like, if we r fighting, its nt dat we shd die. is like we are nt one d same page, i ve told her & she said she heard but she does nt really understand why i shd bother, she trust her self & knows what she can do. but 4 me Ex is Ex, i dnt call my exs, because they r married & its gone.

I think you should let it go. You have already told her what you want her to know of what you think of it. Why go on and on about it? She is an adult -- not your property or someone you can cajole into doing things YOUR WAY.

1 Like

Re: I Am Pissed Off With My Wife Completely by Nobody: 8:17pm On Aug 29, 2012
Please learn to trust your wife, she may not have anything with d guy but you may talk her into it with your nagging.

1 Like

Re: I Am Pissed Off With My Wife Completely by DisGuy: 8:23pm On Aug 29, 2012
Kobojunkie:

I think you should let it go. You have already told her what you want her to know of what you think of it. Why go on and on about it? She is an adult -- not your property or someone you can cajole into doing things YOUR WAY.

But he is not happy about it. the dude knows he has her attention and perhaps knows her weakness

Tell her to choose one, if she is bored she should talk to her friends or family members, seems she hasnt got a lot going on in her life? no excitement
i personally think it okay she greet the dude when they meet on the street on in town but stop all phone contact
and any conversation about him

threaten to report her to her mummy or sister (make sure the sister is not gaining anything from the guy too oo)
Re: I Am Pissed Off With My Wife Completely by Kobojunkie: 8:27pm On Aug 29, 2012
Dis Guy:

But he is not happy about it. the dude knows he has her attention and perhaps knows her weakness

Tell her to choose one, if she is bored she should talk to her friends or family members, seems she hasnt got a lot going on in her life? no excitement
i personally think it okay she greet the dude when they meet on the street on in town but stop all phone contact
and any conversation about him

threaten to report her to her mummy or sister (make sure the sister is not gaining anything from the guy too oo)

You don't give people ultimatums and expect to win in the end. He is not happy because according to him be thinks his wife is likely going to cheat on him with an ex. Of course that will make no one happy, but at the end, I don't think telling her or him you do not trust him will make the situation better for you. If she wants to go with the man she will go with the man . . that decision is entirely up to her. Giving her an ultimatum will only force her even more to make a decision quick and he may not like what she chooses in the end.

How often has this whole "TELL EM TO CHOOSE ME OR THEM" really worked for anyone? And for pete's sake, she is an adult, what are you threatening her for?

2 Likes

Re: I Am Pissed Off With My Wife Completely by ODB2: 8:29pm On Aug 29, 2012
Kobojunkie:

He is not happy because according to him be thinks his wife is likely going to cheat on him because the man is an ex.has a bigger d1ck Of course that will make no one happy, but at the end...
Re: I Am Pissed Off With My Wife Completely by girlking(f): 8:37pm On Aug 29, 2012
I think ur major problem is u are feeling insecure(maybe cos u don't earn so much, etc). if everything u said is all that has happened. My advice: work on ur insecurities don't let it ruin ur marriage.

1 Like

Re: I Am Pissed Off With My Wife Completely by MissyB3(f): 9:21pm On Aug 29, 2012
There's no reason to keep in constant contact with an ex if you've 'moved on', let alone if you're married . . . More nonexistent that reason should be if your partner finds it offensive.
Oftentimes, Exes don't stick around unless there's still an iota of interest or an ulterior motive.
I expect every being who claims to be mature enough for marriage to understand the simplicity of that.

4 Likes

Re: I Am Pissed Off With My Wife Completely by Nobody: 9:33pm On Aug 29, 2012
Missy_B: There's no reason to keep in constant contact with an ex if you've 'moved on', let alone if you're married . . . More nonexistent that reason should be if your partner finds it offensive.
Oftentimes, Exes don't stick around unless there's still an iota of interest or an ulterior motive.
I expect every being who claims to be mature enough for marriage to understand the simplicity of that.

God Bless you. May you have a happy home Amen.

1 Like

Re: I Am Pissed Off With My Wife Completely by MissyB3(f): 9:41pm On Aug 29, 2012
Amen! tongue
Re: I Am Pissed Off With My Wife Completely by Etranshub(m): 9:42pm On Aug 29, 2012
Ppl pls rate this brain >>>
Efemena_xy: Nigerian men and their insecurity issues.

@Poster, so bottom line here is that you don't trust your wife.

So the question here is, what are you going to do about it?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Do I Cope With A Rich But Very Stingy Dad? / What Men Hate After They Marry / Did I Act Too Desperate??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.