Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

GRACE: What's Love Got To Do With It? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / GRACE: What's Love Got To Do With It? (4869 Views)

Floating-in-grace: What Happened For Your First Love / This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. / What's Love Got To Do With It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GRACE: What's Love Got To Do With It? by plaetton: 6:14pm On Sep 03, 2012
^^^^
As an anology, just imagine Gani Fawemini.
There was justice and the rule of law long before he was born. But he studied and dedicated his life to the enthronement of justice and the rule of law for everyone. And for that he suffered greatly in the hands of authorities of the day.

Now that Gani is dead, should we just focus on him and worship him as the god of justice, before whom there was no justice, or should we carry on and strenghten the institutions of justice just like Gani wanted to?
Re: GRACE: What's Love Got To Do With It? by truthislight: 6:24pm On Sep 03, 2012
thehomer:

And my point is that the judge who wasn't harmed, who cannot even be harmed is in no position to forgive. If a person steals from someone, the person who forgives is the victim and not the person passing the sentence.

If you say that someone who is executed for committing mass murder is a good person because of this declaration while someone whose only crime was stealing a loaf of bread to feed himself and his hungry sister before being killed is a bad person, then the problem lies with your conception of what it means to be a good or bad person. Your conception of being good or bad is divorced from what people actually do.

on the context of what is being discuss does this your analogy follow?

Your father Adam committed a crime (disobedience) that made him unclean as such Yahweh that is clean(holy, holy, holy) abandon him and the source of indefinit life was Yahweh as such Adam died since he has been disconnected from the source of life due to the abandonment(Disconection) from Yahweh.

An undeserved kindness is extended to all of Adam's children so that they can be reconnected back to Yahweh and start living forever.
and we are still on the remaining short period of grace befor an end to all evil or time to terminate all evil comes.

Psalm 37:9-11 and Rev 19:11-18 and 2peter 3:5-9 etc. Leading to Revelation 21:3,4.
Re: GRACE: What's Love Got To Do With It? by rhymz(m): 6:30pm On Sep 03, 2012
plaetton: ^^^^
As an anology, just imagine Gani Fawemini.
There was justice and the rule of law long before he was born. But he studied and dedicated his life to the enthronement of justice and the rule of law for everyone. And for that he suffered greatly in the hands of authorities of the day.

Now that Gani is dead, should we just focus on him and worship him as the god of justice, before whom there was no justice, or should we carry on and strenghten the institutions of justice just like Gani wanted to?
in fact, because Gani died for Justice, our chances of getting justice in the world must be hinged on our belief in the struggles for justice and eventual death of Gani in his efforts and achievments else, you will be choosing not to get jusdtice if you ignore this facts, so says the holy books.
Re: GRACE: What's Love Got To Do With It? by truthislight: 7:19pm On Sep 03, 2012
Deep Sight:
Ah, for once, I am full with thehomer on this issue o.

Nobody can become "good", "forgiven" or "blameless" merely by accepting "Jesus" as his "personal lord and saviour" No one. In fact, I will go so far as to say that Jesus himself said so. It cannot happen.

This touches on the issues in "Succinctly Anony" and so i think we should do that phone recording and post here sooner rather than later.
^^^^
welcome deepsight.

it goes beyond just confession of Jesus as lord and personal saviour, action is involved.

Living the life of christ is also involved.

Seeing things from God's way.

Hating what God hates.

Read Roman 6:7-23 it discussed it in details.
Re: GRACE: What's Love Got To Do With It? by truthislight: 7:35pm On Sep 03, 2012
plaetton: ^^^^^
I dare to say that this issue of moral ambiguity is probably the main reasons early christians were persecuted in Rome.

Rome was mishmash of different religions, so the introduction of a new one would have attracted little attention.
The problem with the nascent christianity at that time, was, the fact that the christians were seen as a group that sought to pervert the strict moral and ethic codes of the society, especially with the forgiveness and slate-wiping allure of Jesus.

The fact that they welcomed into their midst sinners and criminals of all sorts was very discomforting to the roman authorities.
Whereas existing religions,schools of philosophy and brotherhoods opened their memberships to people of high virtue and moral standing, these new interlopers, called christians, were doing the opposite by inviting among their fold,people of low virtue and moral standing.

In time, no, this provoked the ire of the Roman authorities who vowed to stamp out what seemed then, like a bad virus.
^^^^
if any religious group hold on to this your opinion then it is their own opinion and not base on the bible.

What the sacrifice of Jesus did was to make it possible for God not to look at human from the consideration of Adam sin, making it possible for individual to start on a clean slate and not base on what Adam had done.

Infact, the bible says that "unrighteose people (christian and none christians) will not inherit God's kingdom"
Re: GRACE: What's Love Got To Do With It? by truthislight: 7:40pm On Sep 03, 2012
DP
Re: GRACE: What's Love Got To Do With It? by truthislight: 7:50pm On Sep 03, 2012
rhymz: blame Mr Paul who came up with the claptrap of faith abi na grace without work.
In most of his epistles, the guy was always talking about salvation through believing in the crucifixion and ressurection of christ whose teaching he described as elementary.
“Therefore let us abandon the elementary doctrine of Christ and go on to more maturity, not laying again a foundation of repentance from dead works but of faith toward God” – Hebrew 6:1
In other words, Jesus Christ was yarning opkata all along, he Paul was going to teach christians a higer level of Knowledge about thesame Christ whose teachings he described as elementary.
He described the observance of Judaic Law as dead work i.e actively observing the commandments passed to Moses like Muslims do is irrelevant. Thats the difference between Muslims and Christians. Muslims believe in work and christians damn the work but rather concentrate on believong in the fairytale of Jesus' death story as a way to get salvation. And you wonder why christians know little or nothing about their own religion besides the hogwash their bible wielding show men called pastor spew to them.
See Paul again giving christian the false belief of faith without work:
“For all who rely on works of the law are cursed” – Galatians 3:10 “For no human will be justified in his sight by works of the law, since through the law comes knowledge of sin” – Rom 3:20 “For we believe that a man is justified by faith even without works of law” – Romans 3:28
Today's Christianity solely rely on this ideology, that is why truthislite and the other Christian robots can tell others that unless you believe in Jesus saving fron some sin you don't know about, you are condemned for life. They keep defiling every boundary of logic just to make accommodation for their "fairy tale faith based belief system". Imagine somebody trying so hard to convince me that some Jesus died for Me for sins some stranger commited. I send am messege ni?
Whoever the writers of the Pauline epistles is, he was obviously was a gnostic christian, his version of christ was not the version in the narratives of the gospels of Mathew, mark, luke and John. Paul was always talking about a Jesus similar to the god-men of his time. Yet the bible is a book that contains the inerrant words of God.. .bullshit.
What Paul's teaching brought was the excuse for all manner of behaviour to be condoled by merely believing in Christ. You do not have to live or observe any set of moral codes, all you need to do is to believe in Jesus and your slate is clean. Even if you killed somebody before, you dont have to serve any jail term, your sins are forgiven so long as you believe in the christian God.
Take another verse from thesame Pauline epistles and tell me why anyone should be bothered about observing any law or improving one's self:
“To one who does not work (by the law) but trusts him who justifies the ungodly , his faith is reckoned as righteousness” – Rom 4:5
^^^
another wrong understanding.

Read Romans 6:1 to end of chapter

what paul said about forgiveness of sin is Adamic sin. That the Animal sacrifice in the jewish temple was cleansing on a Yearly basis.

But Jesus christ cleared it once for all time such that there was no more need for the law requirement for a yearly animal sacrifice or Jesus coming to die yearly.

When that provision for clearing Adamic sin is made then all man on their own can draw close to God without the consideration of Adam sin.
Re: GRACE: What's Love Got To Do With It? by plaetton: 7:51pm On Sep 03, 2012
truthislight:
^^^^
if any religious group hold on to this your opinion then it them and not base on the bible.

What the sacrifice of jesus did was to make it possible for God not to look at human from the consideration of Adam sin, making it possible for individual to start on a clean slate and not base on what Adam had done.

Infact, the bible says that "unrighteose people (christian and none christians) will not inherit God's kingdom"

I have no idea of what the above has to do with what I have written.
Re: GRACE: What's Love Got To Do With It? by truthislight: 8:00pm On Sep 03, 2012
rhymz: unfortunately today's Christians base their entire dogma and worship system on the gnostic or heretic teachings of Paul.

how can this be when you dont even understood what he wrote?
Re: GRACE: What's Love Got To Do With It? by truthislight: 8:40pm On Sep 03, 2012
plaetton: ^^^^^
I dare to say that this issue of moral ambiguity is probably the main reasons early christians were persecuted in Rome.

Rome was mishmash of different religions, so the introduction of a new one would have attracted little attention.
The problem with the nascent christianity at that time, was, the fact that the christians were seen as a group that sought to pervert the strict moral and ethic codes of the society, especially with the forgiveness and slate-wiping allure of Jesus.

The fact that they welcomed into their midst sinners and criminals of all sorts was very discomforting to the roman authorities.
Whereas existing religions,schools of philosophy and brotherhoods opened their memberships to people of high virtue and moral standing, these new interlopers, called christians, were doing the opposite by inviting among their fold,people of low virtue and moral standing.

In time, no, this provoked the ire of the Roman authorities who vowed to stamp out what seemed then, like a bad virus.
^^^^
you wrote this that the fact that christians welcome criminal into there churches in Rome and implying that they condone the evil as such all the wrong that they are committing is ok.

I said no.

That is what am correcting

christian are ok with those that are ready to change their ways of life hence.

Not that they continue to let them continue to do what is bad.
Re: GRACE: What's Love Got To Do With It? by thehomer: 9:54pm On Sep 03, 2012
truthislight:

There is no smoke without fire.

Ignore the fire, then you will end up with all sort of explanation/reason as being responsible for the smoke.

Can such assumptions be correct?

What point are you trying to make with this post?
Re: GRACE: What's Love Got To Do With It? by thehomer: 9:57pm On Sep 03, 2012
truthislight:

on the context of what is being discuss does this your analogy follow?

Your father Adam committed a crime (disobedience) that made him unclean as such Yahweh that is clean(holy, holy, holy) abandon him and the source of indefinit life was Yahweh as such Adam died since he has been disconnected from the source of life due to the abandonment(Disconection) from Yahweh.

An undeserved kindness is extended to all of Adam's children so that they can be reconnected back to Yahweh and start living forever.
and we are still on the remaining short period of grace befor an end to all evil or time to terminate all evil comes.

Psalm 37:9-11 and Rev 19:11-18 and 2peter 3:5-9 etc. Leading to Revelation 21:3,4.

I was speaking specifically to Mr_Anony.

Why were Adam's children disconnected when they themselves had done nothing wrong? We've been down this path before.
Re: GRACE: What's Love Got To Do With It? by rhymz(m): 11:36pm On Sep 03, 2012
truthislight:
^^^
another wrong understanding.

Read Romans 6:1 to end of chapter

what paul said about forgiveness of sin is Adamic sin. That the Animal sacrifice in the jewish temple was cleansing on a Yearly basis.

But Jesus christ cleared it once for all time such that there was no more need for the law requirement for a yearly animal sacrifice or Jesus coming to die yearly.

When that provision for clearing Adamic sin is made then all man on their own can draw close to God without the consideration of Adam sin.
My friend, it is you who obviously does not understand what you are blabbing about.
I am not arguing that Paul was preaching about Adamic sin, in fact, that's the crust of the Pauline faith. My argument is that he is the originator of such a belief system. The whole belief system of atonement through death and ressurection was introduced by Paul.
Why do you think he was in constant disagreement with the leaders of the church of Jerusalem, James the brother Jesus and Peter one of the disciples Jesus was promised that he will be the rock on which he will build his church.
Paul's own version of Jesus Christ was a far cry from the prophesied Jewish Messiah, who was considered to be a human with devine powers, a nationalistic hero that will come and save the Jews from foreign(Roman) oppression and establish a strong kingdom that will rule the earth. Paul corrupted the whole interpretations of the Tora and turned Jesus to a salvation-deity whose atoning death by violence was necessary to release his devotees for immortal life, a doctrine he learnt from the mystery religious practices when he was in Tarsus. His corrupted version were all themes drawn from pagan myths such as how the violent deaths of Osiris, Attis, Adonis, and Dionysus brought divinization to their initiates or adherents.

The biggest advantage of Paul's new religion over other salvation-cults was its attachment to the hebrew scriptures.
Paul reinterpreted the messiah prophesy of the Tora as forecasting the salvation- death of Jesus. This gave Pauline Christianity an awesome authority and advantage that proved attractive to Gentiles( non-Jews who were not born into the convenant) thirsting for salvation. However, his gnostic teachings met with disapproval from the Jewish- Christians of the Jerusalem Church, who regarded the substitution of Jesus' atoning death for the observance of the Torah as a lapse into paganism.
Paul continued to preach his corrupted version at the chagrin of the Jerudalem church elders- James, Peter and John.
He was surmoned to the Jerusalem church and was asked to explain his new theology. At the meeting, Paul hid his true intentions and belief, instead he lied that he was only taking the gospel of Christ to Non-Jews, the Gentiles. He argued that these Gentiles did not need to observe or use the Tora to be part of the Jewish messianic movement. What the Jerusalem church elders did not know was that Paul actually wanted to do away with the Tora even with Jewish Christians.
He was then confirmed in the role of "apostle to the Gentiles," with full permission to enroll Gentiles in the messianic movement without requiring full conversion to Judaism.
However, It was when Peter visited him in Antioch that he became aware of the full extent of Paul's views, a serious rift ensdued between Pauline and Jewish Christianity.
Another meeting was called again and in it, James accused Paul of teaching Jews
"to turn their backs on Moses" (Acts 21:21). Paul ahain denied it and attempted evaded the charge by suggesting that he undergoes a tesdt that shows his observance of the Tora, all in an effort to conceal his main views.
However, his deception was exposed by a group of "Asian Jews" (probably Jewish Christians) who were aware of his real teaching and had seen him outside Jerusalem preaching against the Tora. This led to a protest and Paul fled fearing for his life. That was the last time again he visited the Jerusalem church again.

In conclusion, the fact still remains that Pauline Christianity is actually a paganised distortion of Judaism, as the Christ described in the New testament gospels was plagiarized from pre-Christian pagan cultures of the Middle East and that's where lies all these fairytale of grace and faith in Jesus' death as a salvation pre-requisite you keep blabbing about. I could post you chapters and verses to support my explanation and the fact that he and the Jerusalem Church elders preached different things but apparently, Paul's version seemed to have won the supremecy battle with the help of Rome anyway.
Re: GRACE: What's Love Got To Do With It? by MrAnony1(m): 9:24am On Sep 04, 2012
thehomer:

Being offended doesn't mean you have a say in forgiving someone.
Wow! Really?

Well I'm not dead yet.
More sins then? grin

Then based on your conception, there is no point in trying to group people into good or bad.
yeah, All have sinned there a no good people of themselves, only the righteous(the justified) and the unrighteous(the unjust)
....and it is not my conception, it is truth.
Re: GRACE: What's Love Got To Do With It? by MrAnony1(m): 10:24am On Sep 04, 2012
Deep Sight:

Nobody can become "good", "forgiven" or "blameless" merely by accepting "Jesus" as his "personal lord and saviour" No one. In fact, I will go so far as to say that Jesus himself said so. It cannot happen.

This touches on the issues in "Succinctly Anony" and so i think we should do that phone recording and post here sooner rather than later.
Yes we should have that chat my friend.
Re: GRACE: What's Love Got To Do With It? by thehomer: 1:36pm On Sep 04, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Wow! Really?

Yes. There is a difference between making someone feel offended and committing a crime.

Mr_Anony:
More sins then? grin

You and I have different conceptions of what constitutes a sin besides, I was simply using that as an example with the case of the boy with the loaf of bread.

Mr_Anony:
yeah, All have sinned there a no good people of themselves, only the righteous(the justified) and the unrighteous(the unjust)
....and it is not my conception, it is truth.

If there is no point grouping people into good or bad, then the question "are you a good person" should be pointless from your point of view.
Re: GRACE: What's Love Got To Do With It? by thehomer: 1:37pm On Sep 04, 2012
Deep Sight:

grin You should agree with me more often. smiley
Re: GRACE: What's Love Got To Do With It? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Sep 04, 2012
thehomer:

[s]Rubbish. Go back to that thread and see the demonstration of your ineptitude in trying to debate.

Actually, you have shown no such thing. We have a debate on the nature of God but for some reason, you never actually said what his nature was instead you threw up weak analogies and irrelevant statements. Sorry but your responses only show you to be either dimwitted or just a common liar. Your conclusions were meant to be insulting so don't act surprised when you're insulted in return. Such sham outrage is just dumb.

Did you actually say what God's nature was? You started by introducing spirit but when I asked you for clarification, you developed cold feet and started pushing your response to a future location. If you think I circled back, the sensible thing to do would be to demonstrate this by my own posts on this very thread. Go up the thread and see who started hurling insults first. If you can dish it, don't whine when you're on the receiving end.

If your explanation is unclear or irrelevant, the onus is on you to explain it. Or don't you know what debates are about? Whenever I find your explanation to be useless or unclear, I say so. I can show you evidence of this too with my own posts. You would have done much better in conveying information with this paragraph by actually presenting my post as evidence rather than confusing yourself with these abstractions.

You actually are a weak to very poor debater. You're in no position to attempt to adjudicate my debating behaviour because you're too incompetent to know what a good debate behaviour actually looks like. If you're referring to the issue of the micro-organisms and such, they clearly demonstrate that God actually can create a world without sapient creatures and that directly contradicts your claim that he cannot. Were you too dense to see this? Or were you to cowardly to admit you were wrong again?

Boo hoo. Run away when you've had your rear handed to you on a platter.

Oh I definitely will make of it what I wish.

Once again, it appears that you've realized when you've been shown to be wrong and rather than honourably accepting that you were wrong, you choose to throw a hissy fit and run away with your tail between your legs. Remember that you asked for those links and I provided them. When I asked you for yours what did you do? You claimed the article was unavailable. You're quite the joker.

It must have taken you quite a while to type up this response but I guess it is easier for you to do than to actually defend your claims and present evidence for your accusations against me. That to me is the hallmark of one who is incompetent and deceitful.

Run along now[/s]........BLA BLA BLA......REGRESS AD INFINITUM......DIGRESS AD INFINITUM.......AD HOMINEM AD INFINITUM
Re: GRACE: What's Love Got To Do With It? by truthislight: 1:29am On Sep 05, 2012
rhymz: My friend, it is you who obviously does not understand what you are blabbing about.
I am not arguing that Paul was preaching about Adamic sin, in fact, that's the crust of the Pauline faith. My argument is that he is the originator of such a belief system. The whole belief system of atonement through death and ressurection was introduced by Paul.
Why do you think he was in constant disagreement with the leaders of the church of Jerusalem, James the brother Jesus and Peter one of the disciples Jesus was promised that he will be the rock on which he will build his church.
Paul's own version of Jesus Christ was a far cry from the prophesied Jewish Messiah, who was considered to be a human with devine powers, a nationalistic hero that will come and save the Jews from foreign(Roman) oppression and establish a strong kingdom that will rule the earth. Paul corrupted the whole interpretations of the Tora and turned Jesus to a salvation-deity whose atoning death by violence was necessary to release his devotees for immortal life, a doctrine he learnt from the mystery religious practices when he was in Tarsus. His corrupted version were all themes drawn from pagan myths such as how the violent deaths of Osiris, Attis, Adonis, and Dionysus brought divinization to their initiates or adherents.

The biggest advantage of Paul's new religion over other salvation-cults was its attachment to the hebrew scriptures.
Paul reinterpreted the messiah prophesy of the Tora as forecasting the salvation- death of Jesus. This gave Pauline Christianity an awesome authority and advantage that proved attractive to Gentiles( non-Jews who were not born into the convenant) thirsting for salvation. However, his gnostic teachings met with disapproval from the Jewish- Christians of the Jerusalem Church, who regarded the substitution of Jesus' atoning death for the observance of the Torah as a lapse into paganism.
Paul continued to preach his corrupted version at the chagrin of the Jerudalem church elders- James, Peter and John.
He was surmoned to the Jerusalem church and was asked to explain his new theology. At the meeting, Paul hid his true intentions and belief, instead he lied that he was only taking the gospel of Christ to Non-Jews, the Gentiles. He argued that these Gentiles did not need to observe or use the Tora to be part of the Jewish messianic movement. What the Jerusalem church elders did not know was that Paul actually wanted to do away with the Tora even with Jewish Christians.
He was then confirmed in the role of "apostle to the Gentiles," with full permission to enroll Gentiles in the messianic movement without requiring full conversion to Judaism.
However, It was when Peter visited him in Antioch that he became aware of the full extent of Paul's views, a serious rift ensdued between Pauline and Jewish Christianity.
Another meeting was called again and in it, James accused Paul of teaching Jews
"to turn their backs on Moses" (Acts 21:21). Paul ahain denied it and attempted evaded the charge by suggesting that he undergoes a tesdt that shows his observance of the Tora, all in an effort to conceal his main views.
However, his deception was exposed by a group of "Asian Jews" (probably Jewish Christians) who were aware of his real teaching and had seen him outside Jerusalem preaching against the Tora. This led to a protest and Paul fled fearing for his life. That was the last time again he visited the Jerusalem church again.

In conclusion, the fact still remains that Pauline Christianity is actually a paganised distortion of Judaism, as the Christ described in the New testament gospels was plagiarized from pre-Christian pagan cultures of the Middle East and that's where lies all these fairytale of grace and faith in Jesus' death as a salvation pre-requisite you keep blabbing about. I could post you chapters and verses to support my explanation and the fact that he and the Jerusalem Church elders preached different things but apparently, Paul's version seemed to have won the supremecy battle with the help of Rome anyway.

the prophesy concerning the coming of the messaiah says that the messaiah will be cut off.

Read Daniel 9:25,26

if you can transcribed that then you will know when the masaiah will appear and when he will be cut off/killed

daniel lived 500 years befor christ.

Apostle paul was only saying what the scripture had says.

You are the not not getting what paul had said.
Re: GRACE: What's Love Got To Do With It? by dattaswami: 5:50am On Sep 05, 2012
truthislight:

your father/mother gave birth to you in the cage and padlocked it.

The padlock keys were with satan the devil.
Worship and service to Lord should be without any expectation

When you worship the Lord you should not aspire for any fruit in return. Some people sacrifice work and money but they aspire for some fruit in return. Such a service is again a waste. If you do Nishkama Karma Yoga, which is the service to the Lord without expecting anything from the Lord, then alone will the Lord come in human form and suffer for your sins. Then alone can you get rid of your sins. Other than this one path there is no alternative. Either you have to pay or your father (the Lord in human form) has to pay the fine for your sins. If you pester the Lord through the present rituals and methods of worship, the Lord will only make rearrangements to your file of Karma.

He will bring the good results, which you were supposed to enjoy in your next birth, to the present. However this rearrangement will lead to a loss in value as in case of a premature encashment of deposits. You do not know this secret and you think that you have flattered the Lord and got rid of your sins. What you do not know is that your present sins are thrown to next birth with increased interest. Your future life cycle will be full of miseries from birth to death due to such interference. Therefore the Lord is cleverer than you when you adopt the ways of business with Him.
Re: GRACE: What's Love Got To Do With It? by cyrexx: 6:45am On Sep 05, 2012
plaetton:

yeah.
They forget that Paul was scorned by early followers of Jesus because Paul had perverted the teachings of jesus.

i thought it was just me.

do you know that some of Paul's esoteric/gnostic teachings clearly contradict what Jesus teaches, such that theologians organise Jesus vs Paul discussions.

if anybody like Paul can write something and convince humans that its god's word, you can never imagine the length at which humans will go to defend and justify that word even in the face of glaring absurdities and contradictions.

human mind is so creative. whats more, we created our imaginary gods in our image in our minds to explain the complexities of our world. so what else do we expect from these god believers.
Re: GRACE: What's Love Got To Do With It? by cyrexx: 6:54am On Sep 05, 2012
Deep Sight:

@ Deepsight,

welldone and nice thinking

ive been waiting forever for that conversation.

if you dont have time to transcribe it, you can kindly upload the audio mp3 file (i.e. if you recorded the conversation) for direct download, if you dont mind.

thanxx
Re: GRACE: What's Love Got To Do With It? by truthislight: 11:46am On Sep 05, 2012
cyrexx:

do you know that some of Paul's esoteric/gnostic teachings clearly contradict what Jesus teaches, such that theologians organise Jesus vs Paul discussions.

if anybody like Paul can write something and convince humans that its god's word, you can never imagine the length at which humans will go to defend and justify that word even in the face of glaring absurdities and contradictions.

human mind is so creative. whats more, we created our imaginary gods in our image in our minds to explain the complexities of our world. so what else do we expect from these god believers.

^^^^^

"if anybody like Paul can write something and convince humans that its god's word, you can never imagine the length at which humans will go to defend and justify that word even in the face of glaring absurdities and contradictions".

^^^^^
this statements are your own personal opinion and is not universal.
the truth is that paul did not contradict the scriptures, most of pauls words are a direct quote from OT OR ARE PROPHECIES THAT HE SIMPLY EXPLAINED OR DIRECT WORDS OF JESUS.

if you think otherwise please feel free to show us how and were he contradicted the scriptures.

PEACE
Re: GRACE: What's Love Got To Do With It? by rhymz(m): 7:53pm On Sep 05, 2012
It amazes me that many Christians choose to be either Naive or loyally dumb to see the disagreement between Paul and the leaders of the Jerusalem Church. It is all too glaring to see that Paul was teaching very different ideology about Jesus from what the disciples of Jesus were preaching in Jerusalem.
When the Apostles in Jerusalem heard that Paul was preaching a different doctrine in Galatia and Corinthia, telling them not to follow Judaic law anymore. The Apostles went to Galatia and Corinthia and convinced everyone that Paul was teaching Heresy, Paul heard about it and went straight back to the cities, sensing how the Apostles from Jerusalem were making a mockery of his own version of Jesus's teachings had this to say to the Galatians in chapter 1: 6
"I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you by the grace of Christ and are turning to a DIFFERENT GOSPEL" note the capitalized phrase "different gospel". At the time all this was going on, there was a lot of narratives and accounts of Jesus' life written by apostles, writers, gnostics and so on. The so-called canonical gospels and epistles in what has finally become the New testament Bible were the accounts and narratives voted and chosen by the early church fathers in Rome from the numerous accounts floating around, some of which today have been termed as apocryphal.
Marcion was the first to publish the NT bible, his version was quite different from today's NT bible, had a different gospel of Luke which he called Evangelicon, it did not contain titus, matthew, John and Mark, instead it contained 10 of Pauline epistles which he called Apostolikon.
Marcion believed there was only one true gospel which had been corrupted into many versions. He explained using the book of Galatians in which Paul emphasizedthat that there was only one gospel, Galatian 1:8-10 states that false brethren are attempting to turn believers from this gospel Galatians 1:6-7).
Of the Gospels that were current among the churches, the only one that Marcion felt he could trust was the Gospel according to Luke. Obviously this was because Luke was cosidered a disciple of
Paul. Marcion removed passages he regarded as Judaizing interpolations smuggled into the text by biased editors.
By the way, Marcion was an unrepentant gnostic that was excommunicated from the Church because of his theological philosophy which was rooted strongly from Pauline epistles.
All these are to show how gnostic Paul himself was evwn though chuch guys like Anonym like to pretend and numb it down with irration explanations that seeks to deny the obvious.
Let Me get back to Mr Paul. Paul continued to preach his "heresy" in Galatia and Corinthia contrary to the teachings of Jesus' desciples and brother of christ James. This disagreement was not minor as the book of Acts pretentiously suggests, this is seen In Galatian 2vs11-21 In this chapter and verses, any unbias reader can tell that there is a fundamental doctrinal misunderstanding between what Paul was teaching and the understanding of Peter and Barnabas with regards to what Christ's teachings were all about. Paul condemns all Jewish Christians including Peter and Barnabas.
Peter truly would have known Jesus better than Paul because Paul with all his claims never met or saw Jesus till his alleged death.
In Acts 4:31 Luke gives an account of how John and Peter prayed to God for guidance and boldness to preach in the name of christ even after being warned by the priests and the other leaders to desist from doing so. This account tells us that they were filled with the holy spirit as they prayed, If Peter was filled with the Holy Spirit then why is Paul calling Peter a hypocrite for eating with the Gentiles and then when people came from James he got up. James is Jesus’ half brother, he lived and stayed with Jesus. Why did he still think that people still have to eat meat? Bad enough, there is only the account of Paul’s story regarding this incident, no Peter's.
Barnabas is also called a hypocrite in Galatian2:13. Look how in verses 15 through 17, Paul is arguing with them about the law. Obviously the disciples wanted to follow the law and suggested following it. Otherwise Paul wouldn’t have mentioned it. This is what Jesus said to Peter In matthew 6vs18
"And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it". Yet Paul thinks Peter is a hypocrite for defending what he had been taught by Jesus. Every one reads this passage, onr is always tempted to question the authenticity of Paul's conversion and the belief by today's preachers that Paul got a higher revelation of christ's mission superior to those of his disciples who followed him around, heard his teachings, understood his mission and the his ideologies. It is laughable that anyone will believe that Paul got a spiritually superior message of christ's mission. Notice how he rarely talks about Jesus's teachings, never quotes Jesus or say anything about his miracles and wonderful teachings rather he concentrates on very different teachings that boarders on a salvation-death atonement through a belief in the death and ressurection of Jesus christ, a teaching very similar to the myth of Roman gods Osiri and co. How their violent death brought atonement of sins to those that worshipped them. How come Jesus was silent about his own mission according to Paul's teachings? Everything Paul taught was in complete disagreement with what Jesus was known to have preached. He was a heretic and unfortunately his teachings form the basis of today's faith based christianity, little wonder the majority of christiandom has not made any serious improvement spiritually cos Pauline's teachings contrasted mostly on belief and strongly opposes work. Let's see further how his teachings continued to contradict his claims of teaching about Jesus. In Romans 14:20 paul teaches: "Do not destroy the work of God for the sake of food. All food is clean, but it is wrong for a man to eat anything that causes someone else to stumble" Meanwhile In the Book of Acts 15:29 the Apostles wrote a letter to the gentiles to abstain from certain foods and that not all foods were declared clean: "You are to abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals and from $exuual immorality. You will do well to avoid these things. Farewell".
Paul sensing that the Gentiles were begining to listen to the appostles could'nt hide his anger when in Galatian 3:1-3 he wrote: You foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? Before your very eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed as crucified. 2I would like to learn just one thing from you: Did you receive the Spirit by observing the law, or by believing what you heard?
Are you so foolish?
Obviously Paul was having problems convincing people of his very strange teachings. There were people that were disagreeing with him. If Jesus taught that the law was over clearly, then people would not be arguing over this. It is very evident that there was disagreement even though christian xhurch likes to paint a different picture and pretend about this facts.
Re: GRACE: What's Love Got To Do With It? by plaetton: 9:04pm On Sep 05, 2012
cyrexx:

This one is sooo funny that you would probably be rolling on the floor laughing.
In one of his many tirades against percieved heresies,one of the earliest apologists of Pauline doctrine,Iraneus, Bishop of lyon, once chastised Jesus for not following the teachings of Paul.
Yap! Yes, he hid.
Re: GRACE: What's Love Got To Do With It? by truthislight: 2:38pm On Sep 06, 2012
There are things that people that want to accuse apostle paul dont really understand.

Apostle paul was only explaining the reality about the christ ransom and its implication to christian worship,

the new way to follow to get to God Yahweh.

the truth is, there were those that were determined to see that the message about the christ should stop, and this were Jews that killed the christ also.

Since they killed the christ they did not want any that teach about the christ to go on teaching, and this problem were not only about paul but all of the other apostles also.

Apostles paul was telling what the living and the way of christians will be as regarding christ sacrifice.

Christ himself had said "i am giving you a new commandment that you have love among yourself " the law of the christ is love.

Paul said With christ ransom there was no longer a need for animal sacrifice as was done in the temple in Jerusalem because the law that was giving was to keep the nation of Israel clean and seperat from EVERY other nation as they await the arrival of the messaiah.

So, in other words, the law was a tutor(teacher) leading the Nation of Israel in holiness to christ, and the christ was to die a sacrificiall death for all of mankind, the prophesy had said.

So, paul said that the death of christ has opened up the way for people of all nation to draw close to the almighty God and not just the Jews.

But the jews that had kill the christ said that this is not acceptable and kept following paul to where ever he travelled to and kept contradicting what he was saying.

This jews and some other jews that said that they are christians keep teaching that the people of the nation that want to be christians should be circumciss and also keep the law of moses that had served it purpose of leading the Jews to the christ,

apostle paul had to stand and say that christians are NOT to follow the law requirment but this haters of christ will not accept that and will go to the other apostle that had commissioned paul and accused him falsely that he was teaching a new thing.

Paul explained the OT and it prophesy as it concerned the christ how christian dont need the law of moses anymore and it customs and it sacrifice requirment and also very deep things that even the other apostle did not fully understood, just as peter pointed out at 2peter 3:15.

that paul had written according to the wisdom that was given him. 2peter 3:15,16 by christ.

peter that Jesus said that the spirit of God help him and was the leading apostle said so.

If someone was to say that the witness of peter to paul was wrong that person should better checked out the spirit that is leading him. 2cor 4:4 and Ephesians 2:2,3.

Paul quoted the OT and opened up the essence of christianity and quoted words of the messaiah, he explained the prophesies in the OT as they relate to christ.

If someone does not even know what was written in the OT how will he be able to understand what paul was saying?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Download All Apostle Joshua Selman 2020 Latest Audio Messages Mp3 For Free / What Does The Death Of Christ Mean To You? / Does Consciousness Need A Brain?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.