Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,853 members, 7,956,210 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 07:48 AM

South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For Second Term - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For Second Term (10738 Views)

South East Leaders & Stakeholders' Meeting: Live Update (pics) / I Want To Unite South East Leaders With Buhari – Okorocha / Why Have South-East Leaders Remained Silent About Boko Haram? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For Second Term by Idokojimmy: 9:20am On Aug 31, 2012
President Goodluck Jonathan has been urged to seek another four year tenure in 2015 with an assurance of support from the south-east zone.

The president who was on a one-day visit to Anambra State yesterday was assured by the state governor Mr. Peter Obi that if he decides to go for another tenure to complete his work, he will get the backing of the people of the state.

Governor Peter Obi assured Jonathan that he is very much loved by the people of the state, and that they do not regret voting for him

Businessman, Arthur Eze also said that since it is constitutional for presidents to take two tenures of four years each, Jonathan should not shortchange himself or disappoint his supporters by refusing to go for another tenure: “Obasanjo took eight years; we are calling on you to take another four years as one term is too short for you to finish the job you have at hand. You can consider giving power to the north after your eight years, so that they will return it to the south-east after their own eight years,” Eze stated.

Jonathan in his remarks described the south-east as where he has the most popularity even though his posters were torn and some of his campaign offices burnt during the 2011 presidential campaigns. “The only time a youth was caught tearing my poster, it turned out that he was removing it to paste in his house. I feel like I am in my home any time I am in the south-east, particularly in Onitsha. I can walk around without security,” he said.

He pointedly referred to the people of the south-east as “my people”, saying that he even instructed his security men “not to push anybody today because they are all my people”

http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/33799/2012/08/31/southeast_leaders_endorse_jonathan_second_term.html

Re: South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For Second Term by Ndata(m): 9:29am On Aug 31, 2012
And what exactly has GEJ done for the South East since his election?The river port he commissioned was actually started by Yaradua.The only thing he has done for Igbos as far as am concern is given Ikemba Emeka Ojukwu a state burial finish!

5 Likes

Re: South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For Second Term by HammedSodiqq: 9:42am On Aug 31, 2012
Even though GEJ is trying, they should not distract him. Let him settle down and work

5 Likes

Re: South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For Second Term by Israelmossaic: 9:44am On Aug 31, 2012
Hmmmmmm. The North would have to brace up.

1 Like

Re: South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For Second Term by badlucky: 9:46am On Aug 31, 2012
He deserves a second term. He is working assiduously to reposition the Nation. But the move is a little to early

3 Likes

Re: South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For Second Term by Basketmouth1: 9:49am On Aug 31, 2012
Becos GEJ include Anambra for oil state them com Siddon say make him run election again abi? These people no get sense? Why them no beg for their pipkin to become president after him? Na them Sabi

2 Likes

Re: South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For Second Term by checklots: 9:58am On Aug 31, 2012
This is funny! What has the man achieved so far? Mr President himself asked people to be patient and expect improvement. This one is talking about supporting him in 2015.

1 Like

Re: South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For Second Term by Elueme: 10:53am On Aug 31, 2012
The south east elders just on point.. GEJ deserves a second term just as people before him did. Every attempt of intimidation from any quarter will be resisted.. Only the people of Nigeria can say no not any cabal.. From the rate the president is going even his worst critics will have a change of mindset before 2015.. Am enjoying the fresh air. How abt u?

3 Likes

Re: South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For Second Term by Ak47bullet: 11:21am On Aug 31, 2012
Ratatatatatatatata, kpooooom. Ndigbo kwe nu! Good move

1 Like

Re: South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For Second Term by alaoeri: 12:52pm On Aug 31, 2012
Who are the leaders? Abeg make una name them.

1 Like

Re: South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For Second Term by Nobody: 12:54pm On Aug 31, 2012
Ok o! We are waiting for 2015 to come.southeast will never be a "use and dump" region! We shall see.
Re: South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For Second Term by brighter: 12:55pm On Aug 31, 2012
I see joke as a joke or cooked story as am sure endorsement is not part of his agenda while going to the east.
Re: South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For Second Term by cbjonstage(m): 12:55pm On Aug 31, 2012
Basket mouth: Becos GEJ include Anambra for oil state them com Siddon say make him run election again abi? These people no get sense? Why them no beg for their pipkin to become president after him? Na them Sabi

u dont know wetin dis oil discovery in Anambra dey cause in my office by some lazy Kogi origins...dem dey claim say na their land...make i begin announce am here. researchers can help us study the 9ja map, which state and local govt is it (oil pump) located ?
Re: South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For Second Term by oadah(m): 12:56pm On Aug 31, 2012
Ndata: And what exactly has GEJ done for the South East since his election?The river port he commissioned was actually started by Yaradua.The only thing he has done for Igbos as far as am concern is given Ikemba Emeka Ojukwu a state burial finish!

i wonder myself...the SE were clamoring for 2015 presidency and all of a suddenly a political leader like Peter Obi is already conceding again??

this is just one of the many reason the ibo man cannot become the president cos they always in a rush for crumbs

7 Likes

Re: South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For Second Term by MORNDEW(m): 12:57pm On Aug 31, 2012
The opinion of some people and they call it south east opinion
am sure just like everyone is yet to see what GEJ has done
since assuming office so are the south east people and u tell me they love him
want him to go 4 another tenure rubi*sh
Re: South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For Second Term by Built2last: 12:59pm On Aug 31, 2012
Lets not pretend like we never knew he was nursing that ambition...If i have steady power to run my company without waste of money on diesel by 2015. i will vote Jonathan with my everything i have. our past leaders failed us in power.

1 Like

Re: South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For Second Term by Nobody: 12:59pm On Aug 31, 2012
I dont understand.Some ibos want biafra by end of this year,some want ibo presidency in 2015,some want a state of biafra after Nigeria might have collapsed in 2015,another set of ibos are now supporting Jonathan for second term even when the coast is not clear.Abeg,how many types of ibos do we have in Nigeria ?

15 Likes

Re: South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For Second Term by Sijo01(f): 1:00pm On Aug 31, 2012
Lmaoooo @Walking around in Onitsha without security....... Try it Mr. Presido and you will end up in Okija forest blindfolded with a trillion ramson placed on your release.

5 Likes

Re: South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For Second Term by Kingsley1000(m): 1:03pm On Aug 31, 2012
Dix ridiculous.is it nt d igbos said hez an ijaw man?is nt d same ibo dat re fightin for biafra in nov 5th?wot concern dem wid 2015 presidential election.Is obvious he said all dese tins"feelin at home weneva hez at Anambra"Dat hiz name is Ebere dasnt made him an ibo.40% of south south states speak ibo fluently buh dey ignore ibo.
Re: South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For Second Term by Agiliti(m): 1:04pm On Aug 31, 2012

1 Like

Re: South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For Second Term by Kingsley1000(m): 1:04pm On Aug 31, 2012
~Bluetooth:

I dont understand.Some ibos want biafra by end of this year,some want ibo presidency in 2015,some want a state of biafra after Nigeria might have collapsed in 2015,another set of ibos are now supporting Jonathan for second term even when the coast is not clear.Abeg,how many types of ibos do we have in Nigeria ?
Re: South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For Second Term by omowolewa: 1:06pm On Aug 31, 2012
Please tell Jonathan not to try walking without security men in Anambra especially Onitsha. Else, his kidnappers will demand the entire foreign reserves and excess crude account balances before they release him. Thatz if they decide not to kill him anyway.

Whenever, I pass through the so call Onitsha, I always check if the sticker that reads 'keep off, Angels on guard' is still there on my car. I just don't want to risk it.

2 Likes

Re: South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For Second Term by solgee(m): 1:07pm On Aug 31, 2012
Ok...
Re: South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For Second Term by edlion57(m): 1:07pm On Aug 31, 2012
why cant we allow this man (president) to have peace of mind is he not a human like me and you,ha ba

3 Likes

Re: South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For Second Term by Nobody: 1:08pm On Aug 31, 2012
This is a distraction. GEJ should be allowed to focus on the Electricity privatization, so I can burn my generator and bury the ashes.

1 Like

Re: South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For Second Term by stepo707: 1:10pm On Aug 31, 2012
Nice attire on GEJ and Peter Obi

3 Likes

Re: South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For Second Term by DonHummer(m): 1:14pm On Aug 31, 2012
Nawa 4 dis our igbo politicians....were dey nt d sam pple dat said dey wil support jonathan if only he wil hand over power to dem by 2015....who knows wat he gave to dem.....
Ooh!!! I hav 4goten dat it was naija polticians tokin...
Re: South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For Second Term by DonaldGenes(m): 1:18pm On Aug 31, 2012
Up GeJ!!
please i think we should start now to create awareness on the good works GeJ has done! The man has tried for real
Long lived GeJ!long lived 9ja! Long lived NL!long lived GEj Supporters!
Re: South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For Second Term by pistol: 1:20pm On Aug 31, 2012
Let him award d contract for the 2nd niger bridge and we will support him come 2015
Re: South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For Second Term by Revolva(m): 1:21pm On Aug 31, 2012
cbjonstage:

u dont know wetin dis oil discovery in Anambra dey cause in my office by some lazy Kogi origins...dem dey claim say na their land...make i begin announce am here. researchers can help us study the 9ja map, which state and local govt is it (oil pump) located ?
Bros why do you insult a lot sayin lazy kogi origin - don't you know that region where the oil is found is around southjern kogi - ibaji lga which share origin with anambra aguleri people - igala amd igbo speakers are there - that land may be partly anambra and partly kogi -
Re: South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For Second Term by HiiiPower(m): 1:21pm On Aug 31, 2012
Trust igbos to make stupid judgement,
and later come back to blame yoruba's
for their woes.

Endorsing someone who hasn't even done
half of his tenure for a 2nd term, is not only stupid,
but utterly dumb.

Igbo's still have a long way to go to
catch up with other regions politically.
They are too inept in Nigerian politics
and they look like cheap political prostitutes.

they want biafra, they want igbo president in 2015,
they want GEJ etc. these people just don't know what they want,
other than whine, cry, and shout yoruba everywhere.

14 Likes

Re: South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For Second Term by OperaMini1(m): 1:21pm On Aug 31, 2012
And Arthur Eze is one of the SouthEast leaders abi?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Security Studying Shiites' Audio Message Threatening Revenge Of Zaria Attacks" / Ambassadorial Nomination: SFD Writes Senate, Calls For Buratai’s Confirmation / Mimiko Gives Automatic Employment To 10 First Class Graduates Of AAUA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.