Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,375 members, 7,850,354 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 07:23 PM

Is My Mind Messing With Me, Or There is More To This? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is My Mind Messing With Me, Or There is More To This? (1549 Views)

My Crush Seun Osewa Is Messing Up / Please Advise!! My EX Is Messing Me Up By... / "Is He Really Interested In You Or Just Messing With You?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is My Mind Messing With Me, Or There is More To This? by mildnrough: 4:49pm On Sep 02, 2012
Hi guys and gurls, I had a dream and I saw myself and my fiance and two of my friends, the only thing I figured out in the dream was that my fiance was admiring my other friends hair,and he is quite a very fine guy, I woke up jealous because the whole scene took place right in my presence. But I said to myself that it is just a dream,and since it is not reality she might not be able to do it in real life.

It wasnt up to an hour,my fiance called me up and she started gisting me about her friend complaining she has not met the required type of guy she wants to introduce to her parents,stating that she needs a very handsome guy and a very rich one as well. My fiance now concluded she advised her not to be too preferential when trying to make a choice,that her own fiance #(me) is handsome,but not very very handsome,and that I was jst close to being comfortable,and yet she agreed to marry me,that there are plenty things to look unto before making choice and not looks and finances. I then told her that shes the only person that I have dated that would tell me that am not that handsome,that whats her own definition of very very handsome, the next thing I heard her used as an example was my friend that I saw in my dream that she was admiring his hair, at that point,some kind of current just ran through my stomach,and I was like damn inside of myself,could it be that my mind is messing with me,or could this be something of a realistic meaning.

I know some people might think I have complex issue, but I am also sure there are some people that would feel me on this issue,the fact remains that I can never see any other woman more beautiful than my fiance,even though there are lot of them out there,and I can never compare my fiances beauty to another, I wonder why she did, I jst hope shes not secretly admiring my friend. Could it be that my mind is messing with me,or this is some sort of realistic meaning derived from my dream and what she said?
Re: Is My Mind Messing With Me, Or There is More To This? by sweetcocoa(f): 5:01pm On Sep 02, 2012

I really am confused o, is your fiance a man or woman?

1 Like

Re: Is My Mind Messing With Me, Or There is More To This? by Flashaldrin(m): 5:42pm On Sep 02, 2012
Nawa o, i had to read this 4 times before i found you were a guy and your fiance is a lady. Abeg work on the english.
My 2 cents is that insecurity never fits a guy, get it rid of it, its women stuff.
Of course you are not the most handsome guy in the world and you must be deluded to think so.
You should appreciate a girl that will tell you your deficiences to your face and still love you the same. Get real.
Re: Is My Mind Messing With Me, Or There is More To This? by obowunmi(m): 5:45pm On Sep 02, 2012
Pray to God - Nairaland can't help you.

1 Like

Re: Is My Mind Messing With Me, Or There is More To This? by Mynd44: 6:09pm On Sep 02, 2012
I agree with Flash, in a relationship, there should be no room for doubt and distrust
Re: Is My Mind Messing With Me, Or There is More To This? by mildnrough: 6:16pm On Sep 02, 2012
mildnrough: Hi guys and gurls, I had a dream and I saw myself and my fiance and two of my friends, the only thing I figured out in the dream was that my fiance was admiring my other friends hair,and he is quite a very fine guy, I woke up jealous because the whole scene took place right in my presence. But I said to myself that it is just a dream,and since it is not reality she[/i] might not be able to do it in real life.

It wasnt up to an hour,my fiance called me up and she[i]
started gisting me about her friend complaining she[/i] has not met the required type of guy she wants to introduce to her parents,stating that she needs a very handsome guy and a very rich one as well. My fiance now concluded she[i] advised her not to be too preferential when trying to make a choice,that her own fiance #(me)[/i] is handsome[i],but not very very handsome,and that I was jst close to being comfortable,and yet she[/i] agreed to marry me,that there are plenty things to look unto before making choice and not looks and finances. I then told her that shes the only person that I have dated that would tell me that am not that handsome,that whats her own definition of very very handsome, the next thing I heard her[i] used as an example was my friend that I saw in my dream that she was admiring his hair[/i], at that point,some kind of current just ran through my stomach,and I was like damn inside of myself,could it be that my mind is messing with me,or could this be something of a realistic meaning.

I know some people might think I have complex issue, but I am also sure there are some people that would feel me on this issue,the fact remains that I can never see any other woman[i]
more beautiful than my fiance,even though there are lot of them out there,and I can never compare my fiances beauty to another, I wonder why she did, I jst hope shes not secretly admiring my friend. Could it be that my mind is messing with me,or this is some sort of realistic meaning derived from my dream and what she said[i][/i]?

To those that couldnt figure out what gender the poster was, what happened to the emboldened part? It seems contribution wasnt yall aim,but to pinpoint on my grammatical structuring. If you are smart enough to observe that, then you should also be smart enough to see where I specifically made use of the feminine word.

3 Likes

Re: Is My Mind Messing With Me, Or There is More To This? by Flashaldrin(m): 6:23pm On Sep 02, 2012
mildnrough:

To those that couldnt figure out what gender the poster was, what happened to the emboldened part? It seems contribution wasnt yall aim,but to pinpoint on my grammatical structuring. If you are smart enough to observe that, then you should also be smart enough to see where I specifically made use of the feminine word.
you should be smart enough to realise that fiance is masculine word.
Re: Is My Mind Messing With Me, Or There is More To This? by Flashaldrin(m): 6:25pm On Sep 02, 2012
Mynd_44: I agree with Flash, in a relationship, there should be no room for doubt and distrust
what's nairaland turning to this days?? undecided
Re: Is My Mind Messing With Me, Or There is More To This? by sweetcocoa(f): 6:28pm On Sep 02, 2012
mildnrough:

My friend shut da hell up and take corrections, you can't even write properly and you want to make noise, since when is the word "fiancé" for a woman?

Instead of you to be humble and clarify people on the matter so they's be able to help you, you are claiming smart, mstcheew angry

1 Like

Re: Is My Mind Messing With Me, Or There is More To This? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Sep 02, 2012
Haba. I actually knew op was a guy. Well dat been said... Men dats tuff. No be inferiority complex o. Its something that happned to u & came to reality bt nt enuf to start doubting ur babe. Thing is I dnt av answers except that u felt the right way ur suppose to feel. If it were me, I wud feel suspicious too bt just for dat instant & den I let go.

U kud av been more bittered if u dint av dat dream so probably why nature allowed u to see it first before it happend.
Re: Is My Mind Messing With Me, Or There is More To This? by mildnrough: 6:50pm On Sep 02, 2012
Flashaldrin:
you should be smart enough to realise that fiance is masculine word.

I am not denying my mis-use of that word,what am saying is, with those few words and phrases, you should already have it figured out. I apologize.

sweetcocoa: My friend shut da hell up and take corrections, you can't even write properly and you want to make noise, since when is the word "fiancé" for a woman?

Instead of you to be humble and clarify people on the matter so they's be able to help you, you are claiming smart, mstcheew angry

I apologize also.
Re: Is My Mind Messing With Me, Or There is More To This? by sweetcocoa(f): 7:02pm On Sep 02, 2012
^apology accepted cheesy

Anyways as for your predicament , I'll say don't read too much meaning into her saying your friend is more handsome which you gave the impression that he is.

I guess somehow you've noticed that she looks at your friend or even admires his looks so you are getting a bit insecure, it is only natural to admire good things so her acknowledging that he's cute, doesn't mean she's in love with him, sometimes when i see a fine boy, i tell my boo " choi that guy set o" or baby see that fine boy i will go and ask him out" but he knows its all play, just relax and don't think too much about it.

Say because you be her guy no mean say make she lie say you fine pass every other guy, so long as she doesn't give you reasons to doubt her love then no longthing.
Re: Is My Mind Messing With Me, Or There is More To This? by asdfjklhaha(f): 7:05pm On Sep 02, 2012
Culd not read ur post cos it was 2 long sorry tongue
Re: Is My Mind Messing With Me, Or There is More To This? by Flashaldrin(m): 7:06pm On Sep 02, 2012
mildnrough:

I am not denying my mis-use of that word,what am saying is, with those few words and phrases, you should already have it figured out. I apologize.

if you read my first post well you should have seen that i already figured it out. Anyways, whatever. . .
Re: Is My Mind Messing With Me, Or There is More To This? by Flashaldrin(m): 7:08pm On Sep 02, 2012
asdf:jkl ha ha :
Culd not read ur post cos it was 2 long sorry tongue
no offence, but typing this bullshyt will take more time than actually reading the post.
Re: Is My Mind Messing With Me, Or There is More To This? by Mynd44: 11:15pm On Sep 02, 2012
Flashaldrin:
what's nairaland turning to this days?? undecided
Can't I agree with you again? Sorry I won't do it again
Re: Is My Mind Messing With Me, Or There is More To This? by Nobody: 6:01am On Sep 03, 2012
Flashaldrin:
no offence, but typing this bullshyt will take more time than actually reading the post.
Your first sensible post in this thread.
Re: Is My Mind Messing With Me, Or There is More To This? by Nobody: 6:10am On Sep 03, 2012
@MildNRough, to be sincere, I couldn't give you a guarantee but knoww that you can't be sure with women(anybody for that matter, which includes said friend).
There might or might not be any credibiliity to your fears, so I'd say be watchful and sensitive where both are concerned, especially when relating to each other. And if you do notice any signs be sure they are really what you think they are and not just your imagination running wild.
I hope it's nothing though. I truly dislike breakup stories and heartbreaks, except in a few special cases.
Re: Is My Mind Messing With Me, Or There is More To This? by frank317: 6:48am On Sep 03, 2012
Always b careful wit women, weather u see anything suspicious in a dream or not.

Tell them u trust them wit ya whole heart but always ensure every suspicious action is checked and cleared.
Re: Is My Mind Messing With Me, Or There is More To This? by mildnrough: 1:47am On Oct 21, 2012
I really dont know if my doubts should be kept high. This same dude I mentioned that I think my wife was secretly admiring had two scandals in which he was trying to seduce our friends girlfriends, both occurences came back at him, because the two gurls apparently told their bf's( our friend), now my fiance over heard me discussing the issue with one of the guys, and to my surprise she told me later that we should leave the dude, stating that's the kind of life he's living, I was really disappointed at what she said, I thought she would even go go against such thing knowing fully that shes the kind of person that hates cheating/infidelity. Another thing again, fiance has travelled to USA, I saw this my friend and he asked me with full confidence saying 'how my wife na', although it could be a normal statement, but that alongside so many observed ish, sparked a red flag. I jst dnt want to make a big mistake marrying a woman that is secretly admiring my friend,who knows how many peeps she might be admiring secretly. Maybe am wrong,maybe am Right!
Re: Is My Mind Messing With Me, Or There is More To This? by Nobody: 4:35am On Oct 21, 2012
Bro, that girl of yours aint no wife material. #noOffencePls#.

If she had an iota of decency, she wouldn't make such comparisons for any reason whatsoever. It means she's just managing you, and that is unacceptable. It is unforgivably insulting. Also, no right-thinking person would attempt to defend a wrong action...let alone a case as chronic as your wayward friend's.

Furthermore, it appears the dude has been sha..ing her as well. You don't need to consult a soothsayer or hire a private investigator, the evidences are crystal clear.

*the blatant comparison
*the spontaneous defending of his woeful behaviour
*your friend's excessive confidence about her

I'm not the type to sit on the fence, so I'll ask you to dump her before she wrecks you.
Re: Is My Mind Messing With Me, Or There is More To This? by Nobody: 5:17am On Oct 21, 2012
U never really can τ̲̅ε̅ll wit women of dis generation.
Re: Is My Mind Messing With Me, Or There is More To This? by mildnrough: 10:50am On Oct 21, 2012
#@fluid, when I started this thread, some1 actually said that I should be happy enough that I have a girl that is plain and truthful enough to tell me the truth in terms of that comparison, I actually would say that is 40% considerable and 60% inappropriate for her to have said such thing even though its the truth.Because I as a person will never make comparison of another woman to my fiance, she would even definitely feel bad knowing the kind of person she is, but I think she had the confidence to tell me that because she feels such statement wouldnt hurt me. And again this dude and my friend were only school mates from 6 years back, they were never even friends, cos the day this dude came to my house, they both were trying to figure out where they knew each other from and my fiance later remembered and told me that they both went to the same secondary school, but they were never frends,and my friend also confirmed the same, so the ish of her being shaggged is really out of it,but it seems obvious to me now that the secret admiration is for real.

Now the whole issue has escalated yesterday after my friend said 'how my wife na' in the presence of my other 3 friends, I was like shes fine, I was angry inside but I tend to use diplomacy reason being that its not a big deal,but it is a big deal at the same time judging from what has been on ground. Then one of my friend that was present at that moment now took it out on him saying, why would you regard another mans fiance in that manner of statement 'how my wife na', then the whole arguement and swear words started. I begged my friend, (the accuser) nt to take the action against him, that I myself aint taking it too serious,that he should just calm and nt talk about it,the shouting became intense btwn both of them, I left them disappointed because I didnt want the whole issue to burst out the way it is,then I later got to understand that my friend was bitter about the past wrongful act displayed by that our so called friend,and that was the reason he took it out on him on my behalf. I still dont want to take a quick decision into marrying this my fiance, I jst have to play along and act naturally,and I'll see what other mysteries would unveil itself.
Re: Is My Mind Messing With Me, Or There is More To This? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Oct 21, 2012
Read the handwriting on the wall. Follow your intuition. Your friend didn't just flare up because of past transgressions. Perhaps he knows something going on between them....

What more can I say? Since you've decided to dismiss your clairvoyance and follow a process, you can as well probe in that direction. Ask him to tell you the truth for the sake of your friendship.

1 Like

Re: Is My Mind Messing With Me, Or There is More To This? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Oct 21, 2012
Besides, the fact that she could say something you consider as 60% wrongdoing means she does not know you well enough for marriage purposes...
Re: Is My Mind Messing With Me, Or There is More To This? by mildnrough: 4:04pm On Oct 21, 2012
I just called the dude now, and told him not to take the whole issue serious like my friend did with him, just to borrow his mind in. I then asked him if he had anything to do with my fiance in the past because of our friendship. He said he never has, but that he was attracted to her after a long time of seeing her. I asked him again,and he said I shoulf forget it, that theres no reason to lie at this end. Just like I said I wont use this basis to judge yet,more could come out,and who knws another could yet surface frome someone else. Its quite surprising though, she has shown a good sign of decency from the start, this issue has been the only thing that has been raising red flag. Its sad.
Re: Is My Mind Messing With Me, Or There is More To This? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Oct 21, 2012
You called the wrong person! Of course he'd deny, what were you expecting? Was my post that ambiguous? Meet with The Accuser.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Is My (future) Wife Doing Right Now? Part 3 / Guys, How Do You Feel When A Cute Lady Woos You ??? / 7 Reasons That Proves You Don't Need Romantic Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.