Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,783 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

Desmond Tutu: Bush & Blair Should Face Trial At The Hague - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Desmond Tutu: Bush & Blair Should Face Trial At The Hague (8264 Views)

"I Am Sorry" Tony Blair Apologizes For Iraq War / Ocampo/hague Kenya Case / Uhuru Kenyatta Appears At Icc In The Hague? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Desmond Tutu: Bush & Blair Should Face Trial At The Hague by sweetcheecks(f): 10:55pm On Sep 03, 2012
gbadexy: You know the popular saying, might is right. America is the greatest threat to world peace now.
The model of government that works for them (democracy) doesn't necessarily work for others.
Arabs are stubborn people that need firm leaders. Authoritative as those deposed arabs leaders were, they kept there people in check and there was relative peace and stability in the region and decrease in terror groups then.
Afghanistan and Iraq has yet to be stable since america/NATO went there and there is not certainty of peace for many more years to come.
The so called arab spring revolution started in Iran after the
second term victory of the sitting president (ahmedinjihad)
but it was crushed and Iran accused CIA of sponsoring the
unrest then. I doubt if there would be total peace and
stability in libya, although Egypt seems to be doing well.

America should use their big brother status and might promote unity and be impartial. Even if saddam had weapon of mass destruction and Iran has nuclear weapon, there is no need for america to be worried if they are clean and maintained cordial and neutral relationship with them.

GBAM!!!
Re: Desmond Tutu: Bush & Blair Should Face Trial At The Hague by sweetcheecks(f): 11:11pm On Sep 03, 2012
mejai: pls wen r we(usa, britan & isreal) invadin iran? As far as i'm concerned, dey r all axis of evil(iraq, iran & co). Elder tutu, go hug a lion if it is painin u. Blair & Bush will always be d best rulers cos dey made d muslim world 2 keep quiet. If flyin aeroplanes into a buidin is not a crime, den wipin dem off d surface of d earth won't be a bad idea. Long live blair & bush. It's not easy 2 be a super-power.

Wise up mr. Imagine if Boko Haram attack America and they come looking for them killing hundred thousands to million innocent people in Naija. What you gonna say? undecided
Re: Desmond Tutu: Bush & Blair Should Face Trial At The Hague by guttentag(m): 11:12pm On Sep 03, 2012
What about those corrupt leaders that ruled Nigeria? They should face the law too
Can somebody list them for me
Re: Desmond Tutu: Bush & Blair Should Face Trial At The Hague by sweetcheecks(f): 11:20pm On Sep 03, 2012
MsDarkSkin: like that is going to happen. smh.

Even if it doesn't happen but they must know that the world is watching and knows the truth. The people must speak out coz American people will never take their goverment to task, you would swear they are brainwashed.
Re: Desmond Tutu: Bush & Blair Should Face Trial At The Hague by sweetcheecks(f): 11:31pm On Sep 03, 2012
obadiah777: FORK THE ARABS INCLUDING THE IRAQIS. THEY ARE RECIEVING JUSTICE. THOSE PEOPLE DONT DESERVE YOUR SYMPATHY. YOU DONT WANT TO KNOW HOW THEY TREAT THE BLACK IRAQIS AND BLACK ARABS IN THOSE COUNTRIES.

If America is guardian of justice and democracy in the world why did they ( US &Uk) support the racist regime in South Africa where the majority which were also natives of tha country were killed an ill treated for decades? Why did they not take their arms and go liberate those people? I will tell you why for "free" becouse they owned all the gold diamonds and all richies in that country and needed the blacks as their slaves to dig the richies for them. In Iraq they had to go in for the oil. Venezuella kick them out they are still trying to go back for the oil. A story of greed!
Re: Desmond Tutu: Bush & Blair Should Face Trial At The Hague by sweetcheecks(f): 11:38pm On Sep 03, 2012
Rossikk:

The danger with thinking this way is that before you know it, the imperialists will be at YOUR doorstep.

Regarding the Nazis, hear the words of Martin Niemöller given on January 6, 1946:

First they came for the Jews
and I did not speak out
because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for the Communists
and I did not speak out
because I was not a Communist.
Then they came for the trade unionists
and I did not speak out
because I was not a trade unionist.
Then they came for me
and there was no one left
to speak out for me.

Case closed. Thank you sooo much for the quote!!!100 likes
Re: Desmond Tutu: Bush & Blair Should Face Trial At The Hague by sweetcheecks(f): 11:42pm On Sep 03, 2012
guttentag: What about those corrupt leaders that ruled Nigeria? They should face the law too
Can somebody list them for me

list them yourself and besdes thats a civil matter, its between Nigerians ooooo!
Re: Desmond Tutu: Bush & Blair Should Face Trial At The Hague by femary7(m): 12:24am On Sep 04, 2012
Rossikk:

What a stup.id comment. It seems you have no working brain.
No sense in it at all.
Re: Desmond Tutu: Bush & Blair Should Face Trial At The Hague by ndukwejoe(m): 6:04am On Sep 04, 2012
I ve loved this man before now, but for this outspokenness i have increased the love, these bunch of nairaland castigators cant do half of what this man has done or achieved, that war was fought on false ground.
Re: Desmond Tutu: Bush & Blair Should Face Trial At The Hague by zangality(m): 6:15am On Sep 04, 2012
mejai: pls wen r we(usa, britan & isreal) invadin iran? As far as i'm concerned, dey r all axis of evil(iraq, iran & co). Elder tutu, go hug a lion if it is painin u. Blair & Bush will always be d best rulers cos dey made d muslim world 2 keep quiet. If flyin aeroplanes into a buidin is not a crime, den wipin dem off d surface of d earth won't be a bad idea. Long live blair & bush. It's not easy 2 be a super-power.
Have you taken your medicine?
Re: Desmond Tutu: Bush & Blair Should Face Trial At The Hague by gossips(f): 7:20am On Sep 04, 2012
Very true Rev. Tutu.

Aside oil, Bush junior was also carrying out Bush Senior's agenda that he started during the gulf war.
Re: Desmond Tutu: Bush & Blair Should Face Trial At The Hague by azzima(m): 8:42am On Sep 04, 2012
BetaThings: The most

Now the same US will collaborate with its allies to use the ICJ to harass and oppress African leaders while their own citizens cannot be brought the same court
thank you.so on point
Re: Desmond Tutu: Bush & Blair Should Face Trial At The Hague by Nobody: 8:47am On Sep 16, 2012
ebamma: Mr Tutu it seems you have been eating so much Fufu?

grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mercenaries In Libya Captured And Beaten By A Mob!--video / Aftermath Of Donald Trump's Win / Mitt Romney Blames 'gifts' For Defeat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.