Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,777 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

Women’s Most Hated Pet Names - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Women’s Most Hated Pet Names (24822 Views)

Girls Can Call Themselves Pet Names But Guys Cant? / Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest / Pet Names You Call Your Spouse/ Fiance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women’s Most Hated Pet Names by Nobody: 6:45pm On Sep 03, 2012
Women’s most hated pet names

‘Babe’, ‘sweetcheeks’ and ‘snookums’ have emerged as the most hated pet names for the nation’s women, it has emerged.

The research into the most loved and hated terms of affection found ‘Babe’ to be the most loathed way to refer to a loved one.

‘Muffin’, ‘pumpkin’ and ‘baby doll’ are also likely to prompt a cold shoulder from your other half, according to the report.
By contrast terms like ‘gorgeous’, ‘beautiful’ and ‘lovely’ are still considered acceptable, according to a new survey by domain website siteopia.com

The Americanised terms of ‘Baby Girl’ and ‘Baby Doll’ don’t seem to wash with Brits and make the most-hated list, but modern pet names like ‘Babycakes’ and ‘Sexy Pants’ will also backfire.

Just one in five Brits actually calls their partner by their full name most of the time, with the same number reserving a private nickname they use when it’s just the two of them.

And the men studied admitted they refer to their partner with names they would only use while she was out of earshot.

‘The Mrs’ or ‘The Wife’ are common terms still used by men today, while a sixth of men quietly refer to their partner as ‘The Boss’
‘Her indoors’ is a popular name for an absent wife or girlfriend, while a braver one in 14 refer use ‘The ball and chain’.

Three per cent of men polled admitted using the unflattering epithet ‘The Wicked Witch of the West’.

A softer one in ten blokes admitted they let their partner call them a soppy nickname that they would dread their mates ever finding out.

But one in ten Brits has been found out on a private nickname – 44 per cent used it accidentally when others were around, while friends accidentally reading private texts or cards brought it out in the open for three in ten.

Do you agree with the full list?

20 most hated
1. Babe
2. Sweet cheeks
3. Snookums
4. Baby doll
5. Baby girl
6. Muffin
7. Ducky
8. Baby cakes
9. Sexy pants
10. Pudding
11. Muffin
12. Angel pie
13. Pumpkin
14. Puppy
15. Sugar lips
16. Treacle
17. Baby
18. Pickle
19. Honeybun
20. Sugar pie

20 most acceptable
1. Gorgeous
2. Beautiful
3. Lovely
4. Love
5. Darling
6. Honey
7. Sexy
8. Angel
9. Dearest
10. Precious
11. Treasure
12. Snowflake
13. Blossom
14. Sweetie Pie
15. Sexy legs
16. Lover
17. Buttercup
18. Flower
19. Princess
20. Sweetness

http://247nigerianewsupdate.com/womens-most-hated-pet-names/

2 Likes

Re: Women’s Most Hated Pet Names by Nobody: 6:57pm On Sep 03, 2012
i am surprised that "B.ITCH" is in none of these list......... now we all know that many girl's pet name is B I T C H, as in:"B.itch is my food ready?!

6 Likes

Re: Women’s Most Hated Pet Names by onila(f): 7:00pm On Sep 03, 2012
I like when he calls me "flawless" smiley

i hate "baby" "sweetie pie" n all dat shi;t angry

1 Like

Re: Women’s Most Hated Pet Names by Nobody: 7:02pm On Sep 03, 2012
What name do you call your love? I call mine "Orobo to ki" because she's very fat cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Women’s Most Hated Pet Names by onila(f): 7:06pm On Sep 03, 2012
koastar: What name do you call your love? I call mine "Orobo to ki" because she's very fat cheesy

I call him "hot chocolate" smiley

hes tall, dark and hot smiley I am so blessed kiss
Re: Women’s Most Hated Pet Names by Nobody: 7:08pm On Sep 03, 2012
MRbrownJAY: i am surprised that "B.ITCH" is in none of these list......... now we all know that many girl's pet name is B I T C H, as in:"B.itch is my food ready?!
Bros, you harsh o cheesy cheesygrin
Re: Women’s Most Hated Pet Names by slimyem: 7:09pm On Sep 03, 2012
op,those pet names you listed are nice compared to the one my naija brothers call women..
Names like..
-sweet potato..
-jollof rice..
-sugar banana..
-sherikoko..

2 Likes

Re: Women’s Most Hated Pet Names by onila(f): 7:11pm On Sep 03, 2012
MRbrownJAY: i am surprised that "B.ITCH" is in none of these list......... now we all know that many girl's pet name is B I T C H, as in:"B.itch is my food ready?!

I like when guys call me BIT.CH! its kind of gangstar smiley

aggressive sexiness kiss

1 Like

Re: Women’s Most Hated Pet Names by Nobody: 7:14pm On Sep 03, 2012
slimyem: op,those pet names you listed are nice compared to the one my naija brother call women..
Names like..
-sweet potato..
-jollof rice..
-sugar banana..
-sherikoko..
lol sherikoko= Cherie coco it's in french so the guy is trying to be romantic . grin
Re: Women’s Most Hated Pet Names by onila(f): 7:14pm On Sep 03, 2012
slimyem: op,those pet names you listed are nice compared to the one my naija brother call women..
Names like..
-sweet potato..
-jollof rice..
-sugar banana..
-sherikoko..

stop dealing with razz Naija men. .but am not surprised your really razz yrself/ /birds of the same feather. . . . . . . !

2 Likes

Re: Women’s Most Hated Pet Names by Nobody: 7:14pm On Sep 03, 2012
Bimbo
Re: Women’s Most Hated Pet Names by Nobody: 7:15pm On Sep 03, 2012
onila:

I like when guys call me BIT.CH! its kind of gangstar smiley

aggressive sexiness kiss
shocked shocked grin grin grin grin
Re: Women’s Most Hated Pet Names by onila(f): 7:15pm On Sep 03, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: lol sherikoko= Cherie coco it's in french so the guy is trying to be romantic . grin

french African guys are the shi;t!

it seems french makes guys elegant
Re: Women’s Most Hated Pet Names by onila(f): 7:17pm On Sep 03, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: shocked shocked grin grin grin grin

yea I like it. .bitc.h can u like pass me the beer tongue damn I get hor;ny when they say that
Re: Women’s Most Hated Pet Names by Nobody: 7:19pm On Sep 03, 2012
onila:

yea I like it. .bitc.h can u like pass me the beer tongue damn I get hor;ny when they say that
i trust you ohhh it sounds pretty good in english but i can't say the same thing in french(it's a no no ) ..i know some girls like dirty talk grin grin grin
Re: Women’s Most Hated Pet Names by slimyem: 7:21pm On Sep 03, 2012
onila:

stop dealing with razz Naija men. .but am not surprised your really razz yrself/ /birds of the same feather. . . . . . . !
lol.
Don't start what you can't finish...
Most people know those names are used to address women in most nigerian musicals..

1 Like

Re: Women’s Most Hated Pet Names by onila(f): 7:25pm On Sep 03, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: i trust you ohhh it sounds pretty good in english but i can't say the same thing in french(it's a no no ) ..i know some girls like dirty talk grin grin grin

why are french African guys so sexy kiss I love all except the congolese ones

i see why french cameroons dont want to speak english grin
Re: Women’s Most Hated Pet Names by slimyem: 7:26pm On Sep 03, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: lol sherikoko= Cherie coco it's in french so the guy is trying to be romantic . grin
i know about ma cherie or mon cherie as my dear or my darling as the case may be...but i've never really gotten the coco part.
Besides,my naija brothers nor dey pronounce am as cherie coco...they pronounce it as i wrote it..sherikoko!cheesy
Re: Women’s Most Hated Pet Names by onila(f): 7:27pm On Sep 03, 2012
I love when Nairalander Reality 101 says "hey shawty"

damn that Nigga got game cheesy
Re: Women’s Most Hated Pet Names by Nobody: 7:29pm On Sep 03, 2012
onila:

I call him "hot chocolate" smiley

hes tall, dark and hot smiley I am so blessed kiss
His joystick must be hot grin
Re: Women’s Most Hated Pet Names by onila(f): 7:33pm On Sep 03, 2012
koastar:
His joystick must be hot grin

yea, it looks hot from his jeans smiley

but never tasted it grin

1 Like

Re: Women’s Most Hated Pet Names by Nobody: 7:36pm On Sep 03, 2012
slimyem: i know about ma cherie or mon cherie as my dear or my darling as the case may be...but i've never really gotten the coco part.
Besides,my naija brothers nor dey pronounce am as cherie coco...they pronounce it as i wrote it..cherikoko!cheesy
i feel you but you can't blame them ..lol .by the way coco doesn't really have a meaning but many expressions that human use don't have a meaning
Re: Women’s Most Hated Pet Names by slimyem: 7:40pm On Sep 03, 2012
...and did i forget to mention..
-my yoriyori..
-sweet banana cheesy
Re: Women’s Most Hated Pet Names by Nobody: 7:42pm On Sep 03, 2012
onila:

yea, it looks hot from his jeans smiley

but never tasted it grin
even with your mouth

1 Like

Re: Women’s Most Hated Pet Names by Dondav(m): 7:46pm On Sep 03, 2012
I still call her babe or gorgeous!! And she loves it! :-/
Re: Women’s Most Hated Pet Names by onila(f): 7:46pm On Sep 03, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: even with your mouth

yea

a complete V cool
Re: Women’s Most Hated Pet Names by Nobody: 7:52pm On Sep 03, 2012
onila:

why are french African guys so sexy kiss I love all except the congolese ones

i see why french cameroons dont want to speak english grin
yo we aint french ... angry angry
Re: Women’s Most Hated Pet Names by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:53pm On Sep 03, 2012
french-speaking (even that is discounted)

the right term would be formerly french-colonized Africans. even better so would be just plain
"West Africans".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Beautiful Pre Wedding Pictures Of Nairalanders / 'How I Escaped My First Romance Scam Of 2018' - Lady Narrates On Twitter / How Do Guys Get Intimate With Girls They Don't Truly Love?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.