Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,465 members, 7,823,091 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest (29566 Views)

REVEALED: New Tricks Lagos Guys Use To Woo Girls Inside Public Buses / Some Phrases Guys Says To Ladies And Their Real Meaning / Girls Can Call Themselves Pet Names But Guys Cant? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by yimiton(f): 11:09am On Mar 24, 2010
Ladies,
There are some 'pet' names and phrases that some guys use on us that sounds outrightly degrading and even insulting without their know it. I presume they actually think they make us feel good by using these stupid expressions.

For me, I can't stand a male colleague addressing me as

1. My dear
2. Babes
3. Cutie
4. Sweetie
5. Fine girl and so on. Of the five I have mentioned above, the two that I totally detest most are: 'My Dear and 'Fine Girl'
I totally hate to be addressed that way.

Another annoying scenero is when I meet a guy and he says 'What is that your beautiful (pronounced as beauriful) name' Gosh! I can't stand that!.
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by madlady(f): 11:12am On Mar 24, 2010
smiley I don't like being called "hun" by someone I really like,it's so blah undecided
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by googles: 11:17am On Mar 24, 2010
At poster

i really feel that "beauriful" thingy it boils me over. . . . such a cheesy lame thing to say angry

then there is this one baby pronounced beybey eww that weirds me out angry

then there was this guy that was asking me out. . . . wenever he texts he writes "hi angle" for God sakes it angel

then princess or my queen. . . . one word: sucks

am coming back with more grin

3 Likes

Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by Nobody: 11:21am On Mar 24, 2010
African queen tuface you created a monster wait till I catch you  angry angry angry
Fine girl
Beauriful
Angel
Baybay

AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by ikmoore2(m): 11:24am On Mar 24, 2010
@poster

1. My dear
2. Babes
3. Cutie
4. Sweetie
5. Fine girl and

So,if all these name are not good to address u with,

Then, what do u think (pet name) we should address our GF with?
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by parislomo(f): 11:26am On Mar 24, 2010
"baby" from guys I just met like 2 mins ago!!
"hun" from . . . .  I don't even know where he is from!!
"angel" when I am on the street (s) of Lagos!! creepyyyyyyyy
"omoge" from some lecherous looking old fellas aaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggg

1 Like

Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by MissyB1(m): 11:27am On Mar 24, 2010
I actually Like being called baby. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by DeepSoul(f): 11:30am On Mar 24, 2010
I totally detest "ANGEL" and "BABY GIRL".

Even if u r Brad Pitt, once u utter those words, I am off!

People shd learn to be more creative joh

I used to call my ex "Kissable Sugar"  kiss

1 Like

Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by googles: 11:35am On Mar 24, 2010
then there is this one some cave men say "my woman" i mean, who still says dat these days?? hmm cave men i guess

1 Like

Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by mukina2: 11:44am On Mar 24, 2010
babe
baby
honey
sweetie
sugar pie
angel
african queen
hunny bunny
mummy angry angry
sunshine
flower

and every other endearments angry
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by Felincous(m): 11:54am On Mar 24, 2010
I think da best way 2 address u ladies is 2 use old phrase like 'Aya mi, Abeni mi' etc, dont crucify me

1 Like

Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by milkan05(m): 11:58am On Mar 24, 2010
so una don disqualify all popular petnames---- what is left? make una suggest sharp sharp, 'beaurifuls' grin

2 Likes

Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by Nobody: 12:00pm On Mar 24, 2010
Me i no send, i cal my babe "yellow pawpaw" & she's very happy abt it, though it depends on individual differences.
@Poster,
wat pet name(s) do u want ur Man to call u?
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by Felincous(m): 12:10pm On Mar 24, 2010
Some of u dat ar rejecting all these nice pet names i am sure una real name worse d poster self na 'Sukura' she dey bear 4 house o cos i sabi am wel wel.
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by milkan05(m): 12:11pm On Mar 24, 2010
i had gf once used to call her 'Akpos'   grin grin grin cheesy cheesy we used to have so much fun and love but it is a pity it did not last  cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by phraoh(m): 12:16pm On Mar 24, 2010
'SUGAR BANANA',is a pretty nice word of endearmentna debaj idea oo
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by Nobody: 12:20pm On Mar 24, 2010
i hate to be called "PAPI" with a passion!!!!! although it may sound sexy to all latin women, in french papi mean "grandpa" LOL!!!!!!!
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by mukina2: 12:33pm On Mar 24, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

i hate to be called "PAPI" with a passion!!!!! although it may sound sexy to all latin women, in french papi mean "grandpa" LOL!!!!!!!
PAPI grin grin grin
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by dohyn(m): 12:48pm On Mar 24, 2010
This jst shows dat ladies dnt knw wot they want!!!they hate it if u call them by those names,if u dnt,u aint romantic.seems,I'll jst stick 2 ur given names.so,it's iyabo,risi,sukura,chinwe 4 me,

2 Likes

Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by yme1(f): 12:55pm On Mar 24, 2010
the pet dont really bother me, what bothers me is the way some guys prononce it
imagine baby-----------with a sweet lovely tune been turned to babeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee angry
like its never gonna end
but i really love igbo pet names tho kiss kiss
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by Nobody: 1:04pm On Mar 24, 2010
Chick
Baby
Babe
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by yimiton(f): 1:05pm On Mar 24, 2010
Lol.
It's really cool to know that I'm not the only one who just detests these silly names.

For guys who think we're too choosy, Note  that we're talking about strangers we just met on the street trying to be friendly or trying to get our names or phone numbers and worse still our colleagues at work!

If these endearments are coming from our loved, that is, boyfriends, fiances and husbands, it's actually ok but when u meet a guy on the street and he goes 'hey babes, what is that your 'beauriful' name?, that is totally disgusting.

1 Like

Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by dohyn(m): 1:09pm On Mar 24, 2010
Oh.I see wot u mean now.
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by rhymz(m): 1:27pm On Mar 24, 2010
One thing I am always cautious of is using pet names to get a gal's attention. . . I think it is rude myself. .lol. . I remember my friend's galfriend addressing me as "My Dear" i felt like i had been slapped, na small thing remain i for shun d gal. . .Sometimes when I go to visit my newly married Uncles, i hear em call their wives pet names like "Nkem" "Obi mm", "pretty luv" and i find em cool but the one i find irritating, i hear it most of the time 4rm my mbguka traders uncles and friends, they call their Gf and wives "Mummy" "Madam" and their equally less educated but very pretty wife call em "Oga or My Oga" i so much hate these pet names. . Am always like Gosh. . Do ppl still say that shiit. . But it's all good. . i call my gf by her initials when i want to get romantically cozy,like her name is Nkiru buh I call her NK. . Mehn U need to hear those two words drip outta my mouth like cold h2o down an icecle. . Hahaha
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by yme1(f): 1:32pm On Mar 24, 2010
rhymz:

One thing I am always cautious of is using pet names to get a gal's attention. . . I think it is rude myself. .lol. . I remember my friend's galfriend addressing me as "My Dear" i felt like i had been slapped, na small thing remain i for shun d gal. . .Sometimes when I go to visit my newly married Uncles, i hear em call their wives pet names like "Nkem" "Obi mm", "pretty luv" and i find em cool but the one i find irritating, i hear it most of the time 4rm my mbguka traders uncles and friends, they call their Gf and wives "Mummy" "Madam" and their equally less educated but very pretty wife call em "Oga or My Oga" i so much hate these pet names. . Am always like Gosh. . Do ppl still say that shiit. . But it's all good. . i call my gf by her initials when i want to get romantically cozy,like her name is Nkiru buh I call her NK. . Mehn U need to hear those two words drip outta my mouth like cold h2o down an icecle. . Hahaha
lol at the bolded words cheesy
am always fond of calling my frds mostly chat mates dear,baby, love, sweetie etc hope its not wrong cry undecided
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by iice(f): 1:40pm On Mar 24, 2010
mukina2:

and every other endearments angry

Co-signed cheesy

We call each other kolo cool
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by Nobody: 1:51pm On Mar 24, 2010
@poster Abeg make we hear word.You might nt lik i bet most gals love it.
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by Scooby1(m): 1:55pm On Mar 24, 2010
Amu robber grin grin grin grin
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by jfking2005(m): 2:17pm On Mar 24, 2010
Do not mind all these Chicks,

they never know wetin them want.

can some one help me ask them wetin exactly they want make guys they call them or address them

Most of them no fit really tell you their real name at first meeting o.

because the name they somehow to pronounce.

abeg make una carry commot 4 road.
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by nellaluv(f): 4:27pm On Mar 24, 2010
I actually like the pet names by the poster cheesy . Who wouldn't like to be called sweetie, or baby, would you rather they call you, 'this girl' or 'omoge' or 'madam' 'sister'lol.
The pet name i actually hate is 'mummy' angry *inyama* 'baby girl' 'my dear', whos ur dear angry nonsense.
Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by prettycy(f): 4:36pm On Mar 24, 2010
what about these names

sweetheart
my love
nice one
nkem
sweetie
utum
totoritom grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest by chic2pimp(m): 5:00pm On Mar 24, 2010
Deep Soul:

I totally detest "ANGEL" and "BABY GIRL".

Even if u r Brad Pitt, once u utter those words, I am off!

People shd learn to be more creative joh

I used to call my ex "Kissable Sugar"  kiss

Yeah rite grin
Keep telling yourself that you hia wink grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The type of woman that truly Deserves A Faithful husband? / I Pranked My Girlfriend With HIV On April Fools Day / Men And Their Double Standards.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.