Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,775 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity (20573 Views)

Anony & Deep Sight: Verse By Verse Academy On The Trinity & The Deity Of Christ / About The Trinity / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by truthislight: 4:17pm On Sep 18, 2012
ijawkid:

Now this exegesis is the greatest fraud I ever heard.....

Ola just get the hell outta this place.....

Sorry to say this but ur silly......

Jesus in his limited knowledge while as flesh still knew the angels in heaven didn't know but only Yahweh.....

How did Jesus know d angels didn't know about the end??....

.....I believe this was the exegesis the holy spirit gave to u.....

if I may remind u while in heaven Jesus still received revelations from his God and Father...

It seems revelation 1:1 escaped ur brain......

Jesus is not all knowing....

u must be on shekpe.....

hmmm, how i love this honey beautiful truth!

So delicious!
Thanks bro,

see how much sense you have made in so short a sentence?
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by truthislight: 4:24pm On Sep 18, 2012
ijawkid: Ola let me expose ur childishness...

Let's read revelation 1:1...

##New International Version (©1984)
The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave
him to show his servants what must soon take
place. He made it known by sending his angel to
his servant John,

##New Living Translation (©2007)
This is a revelation from Jesus Christ, which
God gave him to show his servants the events
that must soon take place. He sent an angel to
present this revelation to his servant John

What is Jesus(all knowing as u claim) receiving revelations from Yahweh for, there in the heavens??

Now Jesus is in heaven when John penned down these revelations.....

Why is Jesus still receiving revelations if he knew it all....??

Ola u'll soon shoot urself in the foot....

wow!

Ola has been exposed. Lol.

@Frosbel
have you seen your friend Ola?

He is finished.
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by truthislight: 4:28pm On Sep 18, 2012
OLAADEGBU:
Are you saying this because you believe Jesus is arch angel Michael?

is that the answer to Those plain truth?

I detest liars.

What kind of christian is this
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by truthislight: 4:32pm On Sep 18, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

You see how desperation makes you come out with your true colours? When you have no more excuse to give you then resort to ad hominems which just shows your true nature. A fish naturally swims in water so 'am not surprised at your use of language when you have no leg to stand on. I will rather see you for who you are than for you to pretend to be what you are not.
^^^
lies

Pls, answer the questions.

Frosbel, pls. Ask your friend to answer the question.

Know(say) the truth and the truth will set you FREE.
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by truthislight: 4:34pm On Sep 18, 2012
frosbel:

Hypocrite !!

You have been the one persecuting those of us who have a different view to your heretical stance on the Pagan trinity grin
^^^
good one Frosbel.
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:46pm On Sep 18, 2012
truthislight:
^^^
good one Frosbel.

See how they are tripping over themselves like a pack of wolves that smells blood.

Don't get hung up on the Revelation given to Christ, read further and you will see Our Lord Jesus Christ revealing His identity.

"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty" (Revelation 1:8 )

You can see that Jesus Christ refers to Himself as the Almighty just as is used of the Father elsewhere. The book of Revelation is replete with this except in Rev. 21:6 where it refers to the Father.
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:52pm On Sep 18, 2012
Ravi Zakarias in the videoclip used the analogy by C.S. Lewis a former atheist who had come to the saving knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ, in his book called Mere Christianity to explain the concept of the holy trinity which goes like this.

"You know that in space you can move in three ways – to left or right, backwards or forwards, up or down. Every direction is either one of these three or a compromise between them. They are called the three Dimensions. Now notice this. If you are using only one dimension, you could draw only a straight line. If you are using two, you could draw a figure: say, a square. And a square is made up of four straight lines. Now a step further. If you have three dimensions, you can then build what we call a solid body: say, a cube – a thing like a dice or a lump of sugar. And a cube is made up of six squares.

Do you see the point? A world of one dimension would be a straight line. In a two dimensional world, you still get straight lines, but many lines make one figure. In a three dimensional world, you still get figures but many figures make one solid body. In other words, as you advance to more real and more complicated levels, you do not leave behind you the things you found on the simpler levels: you still have them, but combined in new ways - in ways you could not imagine if you knew only the simpler levels.

Now the Christian account of God involves just the same principle. The human level is a simple level and rather empty level. On the human level one person is one being, and any two persons are two separate beings – just as, in two dimensions (say on a flat sheet of paper) one square is one figure, and any two squares are two separate figures. On the Divine level you still find personalities; but up there you find them combined in new ways which we, who do not live on that level, cannot imagine. In God’s dimension, so to speak, you find a being who is three Persons while remaining one Being, just as a cube is six squares while remaining one cube. Of course we cannot fully conceive a Being like that: just as, if we were so made that we perceived only two dimensions in space we could never properly imagine a cube. But we can get a sort of faint notion of it. And when we do, we are then, for the first time in our lives, getting some positive idea, however faint, of something super-personal – something more than a person. It is something we could never have guessed, and yet, once we have been told, one almost feels one ought to have been able to guess it because it fits in so well with all the things we know already.

You may ask, ‘If we cannot imagine a three-personal Being, what is the good of talking about Him. The thing that matters is being actually drawn into that three-personal life, and that may begin any time – tonight, if you like
"
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by jimiadevictor(m): 5:12pm On Sep 18, 2012
Can you please explain what Jesus means in Jn 8:58 when He said before Abraham was I AM.Look at your arquements in the Light of this unambiguous scripture.Pls get a Bible with the word of Jesus inred and get the undiluted message of the Lord.
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:41pm On Sep 18, 2012
jimiadevictor:

Can you please explain what Jesus means in Jn 8:58 when He said before Abraham was I AM.Look at your arquements in the Light of this unambiguous scripture.Pls get a Bible with the word of Jesus inred and get the undiluted message of the Lord.

In John 8:58 Jesus says,

"Before Abraham was, I am."

I AM was the most revered divine name of God in the Old Testament (Exodus 3:14). Jesus Christ was not merely claiming that He existed before Abraham, but that He was still in existence before Abraham. Dr. A.T. Robertson, one of the greatest Greek scholars who ever lived, had this to say about John 8:58 after translating it "I am":

"Undoubtedly here Jesus claims eternal existence with the absolute phrase used of God."
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by ijawkid(m): 6:14pm On Sep 18, 2012
Now let's focus on the alpha and omega issue....

I got a lil excerpt for u.....

“”Alpha and omega”” are used as a title three times in the book of Revelation. The additional occurrence of this phrase in the King James rendering of Revelation 1:11(kjv and its additions), however, does not receive support from some of the oldest Greek manuscripts, including the Alexandrine, Sinaitic, and Codex Ephraemi rescriptus. It is, therefore, omitted in many modern translations.

##While many commentators apply this title both to God(Yahweh) and to Christ, a more careful examination of its use restricts its application to Yahweh. The first verse of Revelation shows that the revelation was given originally by God(Yahweh) and through Jesus Christ, hence the one speaking (through an angelic representative) at times is God(Yahweh) himself, and at other times it is Christ Jesus. (Re 22:cool Thus Revelation 1:8 (NIV) says: “‘I am the Alpha and the Omega,’ says the Lord God “, who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.” Although the preceding verse speaks of Christ Jesus, it is clear that in verse 8 the application of the title is to “the Almighty” God. In this regard Barnes’ Notes on the New Testament (1974) observes: “It cannot be absolutely certain that the writer meant to refer to the Lord Jesus specifically here . . . There is no real incongruity in supposing, also, that the writer here meant to refer to God as such.”

##The title occurs again at Revelation 21:6, and the following verse identifies the speaker by saying: “Anyone conquering will inherit these things, and I shall be his God and he will be my son.” Inasmuch as Jesus referred to those who are joint heirs with him in his Kingdom as “brothers,” not “sons,” the speaker must be Jesus’ heavenly Father, Jehovah God.—Mt 25:40; compare Heb 2:10-12.

##The final occurrence of the title is at Revelation 22:13, which states: “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.” It is evident that a number of persons are represented as speaking in this chapter of Revelation; verses 8 and 9 show that the angel spoke to John, verse 16 obviously applies to Jesus, the first part of verse 17 is credited to “the spirit and the bride,” and the one speaking in the latter part of verse 20 is manifestly John himself. “The Alpha and the Omega” of verses 12-15, therefore, may properly be identified as the same one who bears the title in the other two occurrences: Yahweh. The expression, “Look! I am coming quickly,” in verse 12, does not require that these aforementioned verses apply to Jesus, inasmuch as God(Yahweh) also speaks of himself as “coming” to execute judgment. (Compare Isa 26:21.) Malachi 3:1-6 speaks of a joint coming for judgment on the part of Yahweh and his “messenger of the covenant.”

##The title “the Alpha and the Omega” carries the same thought as “the first and the last” and “the beginning and the end” when these terms are used with reference to Yahweh. Before him there was no Almighty God, and there will be none after him. He will bring to a successful conclusion the issue over Godship, forever vindicated as the one and only Almighty God.—Compare Isa 44:6.

Mind u if u aint balance with these truths u'll have to explain who the God was that Jesus received revelations from...

Revelation 1:8 clearly points out that Yahweh(LORD GOD) is whom that is refered to as the alpha and omega......that is the same God that supplies Jesus revelations,in which Jesus in turn supplies to the angel that finally supplied it to John......

The trinity dogma has be-clouded ur renderings to the extent that every verse u see ,u wanna always apply it to fit ur dogma.....

If u had read from earlier verses of revelations chapter u wuld have noticed that Jesus said that Yahweh(LORD GOD) was his God and Father....

Read revelations 1:5 $ 6....

5 and from
Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, the
firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the
kings of the earth.
To him who loves us and has freed us from our
sins by his blood, 6 and has made us to be a
kingdom and priests to serve his God and
Father—to him be glory and power for ever
and ever! Amen.....

Verses 5 $6 potently states that Jesus has made (true christians) a kingdom and priests to serve his GOD and Father....

If I may ask::::::how can Jesus still be the same God and Father??.....does it make any sense??

Ur problem is when u see scriptures u never settle down to read in full to get the sense of it......

U have still not answered why Jesus was still receiving revelations from Yahweh while in heaven......I need ur answer mr olaadegbu....
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:41pm On Sep 18, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Here are some verses where Jesus calls Himself the Alpha and Omega and other verses that show the eternity of Christ:

"Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last . . . " (Rev.1:11).

" . . . Fear not: I am the first and the last: I am He that liveth, and was dead; and behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and death" (Rev.1:17-18 ).

"And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive" (Rev.2:8 ).

"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last" (Rev.22:13).

"But thou, Beth-lehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting" (Micah 5:2).

"In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by Him; and without Him was not any thing made that was made" (John 1:1-3).

The Father is not the Son and the Son is not the Holy Spirit, the sooner you start reading past posts the better it will be for your understanding.

Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by ijawkid(m): 7:03pm On Sep 18, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

The Father is not the Son and the Son is not the Holy Spirit, the sooner you start reading past posts the better it will be for your understanding.

Hey u just contradicted urself again nigga.....

U were d same person who said Jesus is the Father(Yahweh)...

Have u forgotten so quickly...??.

According to ur shaky stance:::::::

If the Father is not d son then it means they are different persons and that explains why Jesus didn't know when d end will come,but d Father knew.......

U just answered d question by yourself....

Ola ur such a confused being.....
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by ijawkid(m): 7:16pm On Sep 18, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

I AM was the most revered divine name of God in the Old Testament (Exodus 3:14). Jesus Christ was not merely claiming that He existed before Abraham, but that He was still in existence before Abraham. Dr. A.T. Robertson, one of the greatest Greek scholars who ever lived, had this to say about John 8:58 after translating it "I am":

"Undoubtedly here Jesus claims eternal existence with the absolute phrase used of God."

Ur problem is that the ""I am"" ur calling isn't even Gods name....is it??

And u fail to understand that the word"" -I am"" also is rendered ""I will be"" ....that's if ur going by what Yahweh told moses @ exodus......

Now my question is ::::::

If u claim because Jesus said b4 abraham was ""I am" then that means he is God or Yahweh then why didn't he know when d end will come??

We are back to the status quo......

If d same Jesus who said b4 abraham was ""I am"" when on earth could not know when the end would come,then it means something is wrong.....

Then u need to define ""I am"" in that statement Jesus made to the pharisees...

Jesus said those words when on earth(of which u use to claim Jesus was Yahweh) but @ d same time Jesus didn't know something only the Father knew.....how do u ryhme that??
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by ijawkid(m): 7:58pm On Sep 18, 2012
1......On earth Jesus said..."" Before abraham was """ I AM""

2..On earth Jesus said "" neither the angels nor the son ,but only the Father(Yahweh) knows when d end will come""

3....On earth Jesus said ""the Father is greater than I am ""..

Jesus made all these statements while on earth....

From mr ola's assertions Jesus suffered from memory loss not to have known that he being(I am) could not know when d end will come....

There has to be another explanation as to what Jesus meant when he said before abraham was I am....

Ola I want u to connect 1,2 $ 3 and tell me why Jesus didn't knw when d end will come...

Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by Nobody: 8:51pm On Sep 18, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

I AM is not God's name.

God's name is Jehovah or Yahweh.
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by plappville(f): 8:52pm On Sep 18, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

I guess all my response to you went over your head. I don't know the level of your English comprehension since you live in a francophone country but all I am trying to say is that Jesus was limited in knowledge while He was in the days of His flesh.

Oh, you want me to agree on what? And how does this affect me living in Francophone? You live in an English country and still find it difficult to understand English bible. Bros, if you need better understanding of the bible, U should use other languages as well. Back to topic hehehe.

Did Jesus said that His knowledge will be limited while He was Human and then after, resurraction His knowledge will be unlimited? How did u come with this guess? So the Demon that Called him "Son of God" also did that because He knew Christ was limited in human body? Luke 8:28 When he saw Jesus, he cried out and fell at his feet, shouting at the top of his voice, "What do you want with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I beg you, don't torture me!"

Apostle Peter also did not say He is GOD because Christ was limited? and Christ accepted his identity and bless Peter that it Was his FATHER that revealed it to Peter. How about that?

Matthew 16: 15“But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?”

16Simon Peter answered, “[size=14pt]You are the Christ,b the Son of the living God.”[/size]

17Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by man, [size=14pt]but by my Father in heaven.[/size]

John 6:69 [size=14pt]We believe and know that you are the Holy One of God."[/size]

DO YOU UNDERSTAND THIS BROS ENGLISH?? grin grin grin i FIND NO PLEASURE IN ARGUMENT
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by plappville(f): 8:59pm On Sep 18, 2012
ijawkid:

Ur problem is that the ""I am"" ur calling isn't even Gods name....is it??

And u fail to understand that the word"" -I am"" also is rendered ""I will be"" ....that's if ur going by what Yahweh told moses @ exodus......

Now my question is ::::::

If u claim because Jesus said b4 abraham was ""I am" then that means he is God or Yahweh then why didn't he know when d end will come??

We are back to the status quo......

If d same Jesus who said b4 abraham was ""I am"" when on earth could not know when the end would come,then it means something is wrong.....

Then u need to define ""I am"" in that statement Jesus made to the pharisees...

Jesus said those words when on earth(of which u use to claim Jesus was Yahweh) but @ d same time Jesus didn't know something only the Father knew.....how do u ryhme that??

Bros dey find am difficult to accept the truth, its too open, even my 7 years old child will understand this.
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by plappville(f): 9:05pm On Sep 18, 2012
ijawkid:

If the Father is not d son then it means they are different persons[/b]and that explains why Jesus didn't know when d end will come,but d Father knew.......

And that also means, The[b]"SON IS NOT THE FATHER",
so i wonder wetin Bros dey argue here grin grin grin grin
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by ijawkid(m): 9:15pm On Sep 18, 2012
plappville:

And that also means, The[b]"SON IS NOT THE FATHER",[/b] so i wonder wetin Bros dey argue here grin grin grin grin

He's d most confused boy I've ever seen....
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by BARRISTERS: 11:04pm On Sep 18, 2012
Ijawkid to OLA;
If the Father is not d son then it means they are different persons[/b]and that explains why Jesus didn't know when d end will come,but d Father knew.......

[size=14pt]Ola ur such a confused being[/size]..... ;

CONFUSION-BREAK-BONES (CBB).... fela kuti!

Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by nedostic: 11:40pm On Sep 18, 2012
@ Frosbel and others,

Looking at this bible verse (John 8:58 Jesus says,"Before Abraham was, I am." ) critically, could any one ascertain the reason(s) why the Jews wanted to stone our Lord Jesus Christ(John 8:59) given what was uttered by Jesus Christ albeit the Jews of those days saw it as blasphemy?

More so, reading the book of John 10:24-38. Agreed Jesus spoke a lot of the Father but taking a look at John 10:38c(my own making)-that the Father is in me, and I in him. Please what does this make out?

Btw, I am quite sure you would agree with me that the Father is basically a title and not a name, the same applies to the Son and Holy Spirit.

@ Frosbel, where was Jesus Christ before his existence(coming) on earth? Would it be possible to put one or two of your responses within the context of John 1: 1-3? Otherwise feel free to tackle the question in the best way you could possibly do.
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:01am On Sep 19, 2012
plappville:

Oh, you want me to agree on what? And how does this affect me living in Francophone? You live in an English country and still find it difficult to understand English bible. Bros, if you need better understanding of the bible, U should use other languages as well. Back to topic hehehe.

Did Jesus said that His knowledge will be limited while He was Human and then after, resurraction His knowledge will be unlimited? How did u come with this guess? So the Demon that Called him "Son of God" also did that because He knew Christ was limited in human body? Luke 8:28 When he saw Jesus, he cried out and fell at his feet, shouting at the top of his voice, "What do you want with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I beg you, don't torture me!"

Apostle Peter also did not say He is GOD because Christ was limited? and Christ accepted his identity and bless Peter that it Was his FATHER that revealed it to Peter. How about that?

Matthew 16: 15“But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?”

16Simon Peter answered, “[size=14pt]You are the Christ,b the Son of the living God.”[/size]

17Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by man, [size=14pt]but by my Father in heaven.[/size]

John 6:69 [size=14pt]We believe and know that you are the Holy One of God."[/size]

DO YOU UNDERSTAND THIS BROS ENGLISH?? grin grin grin i FIND NO PLEASURE IN ARGUMENT

What does it mean to call Jesus the Son of God?

Does the title Son of God, imply that Jesus Christ is different than God? No. The Scriptures states that our Lord Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of God (John 3:16), while true Christians are adopted sons of God (Romans 8:15-17). If you are born again you are called adopted sons of God because we are different from God and must become His children (hence, adopted, not begotten). Our Lord Jesus Christ is not called adopted because He never became God's Son, but has always been God's Son. Calling Jesus the only begotten Son of God means that He is of the same nature as God, not a different nature. Below is C.S. Lewis attempt to explain this truth:

"To beget is to become the father of: to create is to make. And the difference is this. When you beget, you beget something of the same kind as yourself. A man begets human babies, a beaver begets little beavers, But when you make, you make something of a different kind from yourself. A bird makes a nest, a beaver builds a dam . . . Now that is the first thing to get clear. What God begets is God; just as what man begets is man. What God creates is not God, just as what man makes is not man. That is why men are not Sons of God in the sense that Christ is. They may be like God in certain ways, but they are not things of the same kind."

There is a clear distinction between making and begetting, that is, you cannot make what you beget. What you make is different from yourself, what you beget has your nature. Therefore to call Jesus the only begotten Son is to say that He has God's nature and was not made. Since He has God's nature, He is, by definition, God and therefore eternal. If Jesus was created by God, He could not have been begotten, and John 3:16; 1:18, 1 John 4:9, etc. are in error.

Therefore, when the Bible says that Jesus is the only begotten Son of God, it means that Jesus is equal to God, not less than God. QED
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:17am On Sep 19, 2012
ijawkid:

If the Father is not d son then it means they are different persons and that explains why Jesus didn't know when d end will come,but d Father knew.......

You and your gang are what is called confused.com. Show me where I said that Jesus Christ is the Father? If you don't then you are entitled to remain silent.

What I said is that Jesus is also Yahweh and what that means is that our Lord Jesus Christ uses similar titles as the Father. For instance, the Father is known as Yahweh, Jesus Christ also goes by the title Yahweh.

Yahweh is "I AM" which is a description used both by the Father and the Son. For the Father look up Exodus 3:14; Deut. 32:39; Isaiah 43:10 and for the Lord Jesus Christ go to John 8:24, 58; 18:4-6.

You and your gang are doing a good job for your master who is the accuser of the brethren.
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:19am On Sep 19, 2012
Now back to the wonderful truth of the trinity as explained by science.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlDoyEe1Nj8
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by BARRISTERS: 12:54am On Sep 19, 2012
@nedostic

Looking at this bible verse (John 8:58 Jesus says,"Before Abraham was, I am." ) critically, could any one ascertain the reason(s) why the Jews wanted to stone our Lord Jesus Christ(John 8:59) given what was uttered by Jesus Christ albeit the Jews of those days saw it as blasphemy?
you dont have a point,at all! which jews are you talking about? does the pharisees represent the jews? no, they (pharisees) do not even accept jesus at all! they reject all his teachings,or what can you say about how they react to jesus when he healed on the sabbath? ...a law breaker,isn'nt it? dont be fooled by theologians who were making a meal out of that john 8:59 forcing the belief that jesus was saying that he is God,no sir.

More so, reading the book of John 10:24-38. Agreed Jesus spoke a lot of the Father but taking a look at John 10:38c(my own making)-that the Father is in me, and I in him. Please what does this make out?

Btw, I am quite sure you would agree with me that the Father is basically a title and not a name, the same applies to the Son and Holy Spirit.
can you tell us

John 17:20-22
New King James Version

20 “I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will[a] believe in Me through their word; 21 that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; [size=14pt]that they also may be one in Us,[/size] that the world may believe that You sent Me. 22 And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one:

no sir,

this quote below sends a clear message of what jesus wanted the people of the world to know about him,not a title,but as a different person,and a servant of God and NOT God himself;
verse 21;

'[size=14pt]that the world may believe that You sent Me[/size]'

John 1: 1-3

'the word was God' or 'the word was a God',check the history of john 1:1-3; in the world book Wikipedia/encyclopedia,...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_1:1, so dont go there at all,
The text of John 1:1 has a sordid past and a myriad of interpretations. With the Greek alone, we can create empathic, orthodox, creed-like statements, or we can commit pure and unadulterated heresy. From the point of view of early church history, heresy develops when a misunderstanding arises concerning Greek articles, the predicate nominative, and grammatical word order. The early church heresy of Sabellianism understood John 1:1c to read, "and the Word was the God." The early church heresy of Arianism understood it to read, "and the word was a God."

since God is used only as a title to jesus,or Mighty God was used for jesus, just the way jesus shared lord with his father, you need to prove to us why Almighty God is 'not' used for jesus but used for God who is jusus's farher?.
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by plappville(f): 4:37am On Sep 19, 2012
Chist existed before He came to earth, He is a special One/Son of God. The bible clearly shows that God used to glorify Christ before. God sent Jesus to earth. God cannot send himself msg. He cannot Die, He cannot be tempted By Satan. If Jesus had even Told his Disciples that He is the almighty God, they might even be the ones to stone him to death. The truth is all over in the scripture. Why guessing or trying to Say "Because Jesus was on earth, He was limited". The catholic has thier own way to twist the "househood baptism" as their excuse of INFANT Baptism. Let the bible interprets itself.
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by ijawkid(m): 5:26am On Sep 19, 2012
nedostic: @ Frosbel and others,

@ Frosbel, where was Jesus Christ before his existence(coming) on earth? Would it be possible to put one or two of your responses within the context of John 1: 1-3? Otherwise feel free to tackle the question in the best way you could possibly do.

The Jews wanted to srone Jesus because he said he is d only son of God.....read that ur bible well....
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by ijawkid(m): 5:31am On Sep 19, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

What does it mean to call Jesus the Son of God?

Does the title Son of God, imply that Jesus Christ is different than God? No. The Scriptures states that our Lord Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of God (John 3:16), while true Christians are adopted sons of God (Romans 8:15-17). If you are born again you are called adopted sons of God because we are different from God and must become His children (hence, adopted, not begotten). Our Lord Jesus Christ is not called adopted because He never became God's Son, but has always been God's Son. Calling Jesus the only begotten Son of God means that He is of the same nature as God, not a different nature. Below is C.S. Lewis attempt to explain this truth:

"To beget is to become the father of: to create is to make. And the difference is this. When you beget, you beget something of the same kind as yourself. A man begets human babies, a beaver begets little beavers, But when you make, you make something of a different kind from yourself. A bird makes a nest, a beaver builds a dam . . . Now that is the first thing to get clear. What God begets is God; just as what man begets is man. What God creates is not God, just as what man makes is not man. That is why men are not Sons of God in the sense that Christ is. They may be like God in certain ways, but they are not things of the same kind."

There is a clear distinction between making and begetting, that is, you cannot make what you beget. What you make is different from yourself, what you beget has your nature. Therefore to call Jesus the only begotten Son is to say that He has God's nature and was not made. Since He has God's nature, He is, by definition, God and therefore eternal. If Jesus was created by God, He could not have been begotten, and John 3:16; 1:18, 1 John 4:9, etc. are in error.

Therefore, when the Bible says that Jesus is the only begotten Son of God, it means that Jesus is equal to God, not less than God. QED

Now let me coach u.....

Ur always hiding under d veneer of the title God...

U said Jesus being d son of God does not mean he isn't the same with God....

Please can u again tell us who that God is??

@ least we know the sons name is Jesus....which other God are u talking about ye u confused brother....??

Doesn't he have a name??

Ola use names....

Wayo boy........

U sÀid Jesus is "" I am"" or I am that I am......not so??

Oya tell us why I am that I am failed to know when d end will come....

Ur here pasting stupid scientific videos.....
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by ijawkid(m): 5:48am On Sep 19, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

You and your gang are what is called confused.com. Show me where I said that Jesus Christ is the Father? If you don't then you are entitled to remain silent.

What I said is that Jesus is also Yahweh and what that means is that our Lord Jesus Christ uses similar titles as the Father. For instance, the Father is known as Yahweh, Jesus Christ also goes by the title Yahweh.

Yahweh is "I AM" which is a description used both by the Father and the Son. For the Father look up Exodus 3:14; Deut. 32:39; Isaiah 43:10 and for the Lord Jesus Christ go to John 8:24, 58; 18:4-6.

You and your gang are doing a good job for your master who is the accuser of the brethren.

Why on earth did u quote revelations 1:8 if not to prove that Jesus is infact Yahweh??.....and u've been debunked!!!!!!.......

Ur such a weak bible student......

We also can be reffered to as "" I AM""...

I am i§ not a title that exclusively means Yahweh or God.....

Ola read ya bible well......

Ok let's analyze john 14:28 with ur favorite lovely title ""I am"" which u claim exclusively means God.....and after this whole discussion go back get some english tutorials...the trinity has finished u......

New Living Translation (©2007)
Remember what I told you:"" I am"" going away,
but I will come back to you again. If you really
loved me, you would be happy that"" I am"" going
to the Father, who is greater than ""I am"".

Jesus said the Father is greater than ""I am"".......

Its bold there.......

With all d english u know tell me what Jesus meant by saying those words using ""I am""......

If ""I am"" is also a title attributed to both the Father and son who are co-equal
How can one "" I am"" be greater than another ""I am""??.....u urself said its impossible......so what's happening??...

Ola just go bak to school.......

U've run out scriptures..........

""I am"" is not a title.........its an expression denoting ones existence...

Jesus = Jesus

Yahweh = Yahweh.....

Ola = ola

Ijawkid = ijawkid

I am not u,you are not me.....that's what ""I am"" signifies

We humans use the word "" I am"" every day.....

U use it everyday.....

If I may ask u::::: are u ola??

Ur answer will be:::::YES "" I AM""

Now are u Yahweh or Jesus??

Hurry back to school..........

And u haven't still answered why an "" I am""(since its a title meant exclusively for Yahweh and Christ according to u) will not know when d end will come......
??

And also ur spurious 1 * 1 * 1 = 1 formular depicts Jesus as Yahweh.....and u have said that several times just to prove ur false doctrine called trinity.......
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by ijawkid(m): 5:56am On Sep 19, 2012
plappville: Chist existed before He came to earth, He is a special One/Son of God. The bible clearly shows that God used to glorify Christ before. God sent Jesus to earth. God cannot send himself msg. He cannot Die, He cannot be tempted By Satan. If Jesus had even Told his Disciples that He is the almighty God, they might even be the ones to stone him to death. The truth is all over in the scripture. Why guessing or trying to Say "Because Jesus was on earth, He was limited". The catholic has thier own way to twist the "househood baptism" as their excuse of INFANT Baptism. Let the bible interprets itself.

Ola is just finished........

After arguing all these ,he'll now say because ""I am"" was flesh he culdnt discern when d end will come....

He'll forget he has been quoting the "" I am" scriptures...........

The same guy who said Jesus was fully God and fully man here on earth,will come out again to give reasons why Jesus didn't know when d end will come but only 1 person (the Father)........

Is that not contradiction @ its peak??......

they are left with an option...:::

1..Choose if Jesus was a perfect man on earth(not God on earth) or 2..choose that Jesus was indeed God on earth and that God died and was seen physically and that God isn't all-knowing.....

ola ur doctrines are contradictory....

Abandon d trinity dogma......

1 Like

Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:17am On Sep 19, 2012
Blind Hearts
September 19, 2012

"Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart." (Ephesians 4:18 ).

It is a tragedy for a person to have blinded eyes, but infinitely worse to have a blinded heart. No one ever willfully chooses to be sightless, but spiritual blindness is a product of the human will.

After Christ had given sight to the man born blind, the Pharisees still refused to believe, so Jesus said to them, "For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind. . . . If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth" (John 9:39, 41).

Like these ancient intellectuals, it often seems that modern intellectuals are incurably blind. They profess to teach science and philosophy of the highest complexity, but their understanding is darkened and their hearts are blinded when it comes to the saving gospel of Jesus Christ. As Paul says: "If our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them" (2 Corinthians 4:3-4).

Even very religious people, people who believe in God as Creator, may blind themselves when confronted with the truth that the Creator must also become their Saviour. "But their minds were blinded . . . even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart" (2 Corinthians 3:14-15).

Nevertheless, Christ came as "the light," and when anyone will simply in faith "turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away" (2 Corinthians 3:16), and the gospel will "shine unto them" (2 Corinthians 4:4). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity by Nobody: 10:56am On Sep 19, 2012
nedostic: @ Frosbel and others,

I AM is not the name of GOD.

Always remember that God was IN Christ ( the WORD of GOD ) reconciling the WORLD back to himself.

Jesus Christ came direct from GOD through his Spirit , which is why the bible says ' "But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, though you are small among the clans of Judah, out of you will come for me one who will be ruler over Israel, whose origins are from of old, from ancient times."

Therefore the origin of Jesus was not Man who had a beginning but GOD who has no beginning.

The ancient of days , Almighty YHWH or Jehovah, was the Power behind everything Jesus did through his Spirit which was poured into Jesus without measure.

When Jesus said , " before Abraham I AM " , it was as if it was GOD speaking through Jesus by the power of his Spirit .

The Father is in Jesus through the Spirit of GOD , and if we are also his children , then we also have the Spirit and are one with Christ.

If we remain aligned in purpose and will to Christ we stay as one with HIM and the Father , but if we rebel and sin , we are cut off from the vine and no longer in unity with the Spirit of GOD.

The 'Father' is always used to address GOD Almighty , the one and only true GOD.

The Holy Spirit is not a title but his Spirit.

The SON is not a title but his SON , the SON of GOD.

And yes , God has many titles, such as , Father , saviour, deliverer, provider , comfortr etc.

"For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus," - 1 Timothy 2:5

A mediator between GOD and man cannot at the same time be GOD , this is just madness !

Jesus Christ came out of the Father by his WORD and Power of the Spirit.

Jesus Christ was conceived through the Spirit of GOD , making GOD his father.

Jesus did not exist as a being prior to this event.

To say so is to go against all common sense.

But if we were to admit this logic , we also have to leave certain questions unanswered such as :

1. If Jesus entered the womb of Mary as a baby , how come he did not know anything and was totally dependent on his mother
2. How come he had to learn scriptures from scratch
3. How come he had to be anointed before he was able to carry out his work
4. How come he was limited in presence

There are just too many flaws with this theory to consider.

Why don't we just take the bible at face value , and admit that Jesus was conceived as any normal human being , albeit by the Spirit of the livng GOD and through his perfect WORD that calls those things into being that are not.

Amen.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? / Nigeria Fighting Serious Wars, Fresh Wars Not Needed – Adeboye / Anambra Governorship Election: Anglican Church Releases Public Announcement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.