Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,139 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

Refusing A Marriage Proposal Based On Religion? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Refusing A Marriage Proposal Based On Religion? (12081 Views)

Ladies What Are Your Reasons For Refusing A Guy That Admires You? / Pictures &Video:See The Marriage Proposal That Got A Lady Rolling On The Floor / A "Marriage Proposal By Police" In Port Harcourt (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Refusing A Marriage Proposal Based On Religion? by sofire4real: 3:38pm On Sep 06, 2012
abeg which kind talk be that, they say the meat wen you no go chop no use teeth divide am. you don' t want to marry a muslim but you dated one.
who you dey decisive.the thing dey sweet you jore. grin shocked
Re: Refusing A Marriage Proposal Based On Religion? by horladort(m): 5:12pm On Sep 07, 2012
blink182: You shouldn't change your mind on your stance, I believe you are already dating someone else. Ask him to leave you alone, if he persists, threaten to embarrass him. Muslims are animals, if he is not an animal, he has friends of that religion that are animals. He should let you be, as a matter of fact stop associating with him. Give am chance, let him go and mix with his type.
yu myt do er'fin ryt in life, bt nt mk heaven coz yu judged! May God save you on d type of words yu utter!
Re: Refusing A Marriage Proposal Based On Religion? by Debest2: 9:02pm On Sep 07, 2012
God have mercy. @ blink182: My dear, that was too vulgar a language, to use on your neighbour. Hello everyone, I want to let us know that, IT IS NOT ONLY STUPID, TO LIVE IN IGNORANCE, BUT ALSO SUICIDAL. The word of God, can not be wrong because, the word is God Himself. The BIBLE says, in Hosea 4 vs 6, "MY PEOPLE PERISH, FOR LACK OF KNOWLEDGE". Some of us, are too quick, at drawing conclusions. Who said, WE SHOULD NOT JUDGE? My Bible tells me, in the following books and chapters, that we should judge, but with wisdom. They are:- Psalm 37 vs 30; Amos 5 vs 14-15; 1Cor. 1 vs 10; Lk 12 vs 56; Rom 16 vs17-18; 2Cor. 6 vs 17; 1John 4 vs 1; 2Tim 3 vs5-6; Malachi 3 vs 18; etc. My Bible, even tells me, in Hosea 4 vs 6, that "WE WILL JUDGE THE ANGELS". How come you are saying, WE SHOULD NOT JUDGE? My dear, know it this day, that "YOU CAN JUDGE. BUT DO IT WITH WISDOM. DON'T LET YOUR SENSE OF JUDGEMENT BE INFLUENCED, BY ANY MEANS; OTHERWISE, YOU WILL BE LIABLE. Now, regarding the subject matter (which in my opinion, is being over-emphasized), I want to advise that, our MUSLIM BROTHER should look elsewhere for someone, to marry (why does he not want to marry a MUSLIM SISTER?). I know of some good and WELL-BEHAVED muslim sisters, out there, that are single. Or, are they not good enough for him? I don't mean any harm. I beg to retire, for the day. May the good Lord, grant unto everyone of us, KNOWLEDGE AND WISDOM to live a FULFILED LIFE, to the glory of His name and the benefit of humanity, in the wonderful name of Jesus Christ (Amen). Bye for now and remain BLESSED. cool shocked cool
Re: Refusing A Marriage Proposal Based On Religion? by horladort(m): 12:20am On Sep 08, 2012
De-best:
God have mercy. @ blink182: My dear, that was too vulgar a language, to use on your neighbour. Hello everyone, I want to let us know that, IT IS NOT ONLY STUPID, TO LIVE IN IGNORANCE, BUT ALSO SUICIDAL. The word of God, can not be wrong because, the word is God Himself. The BIBLE says, in Hosea 4 vs 6, "MY PEOPLE PERISH, FOR LACK OF KNOWLEDGE". Some of us, are too quick, at drawing conclusions. Who said, WE SHOULD NOT JUDGE? My Bible tells me, in the following books and chapters, that we should judge, but with wisdom. They are:- Psalm 37 vs 30; Amos 5 vs 14-15; 1Cor. 1 vs 10; Lk 12 vs 56; Rom 16 vs17-18; 2Cor. 6 vs 17; 1John 4 vs 1; 2Tim 3 vs5-6; Malachi 3 vs 18; etc. My Bible, even tells me, in Hosea 4 vs 6, that "WE WILL JUDGE THE ANGELS". How come you are saying, WE SHOULD NOT JUDGE? My dear, know it this day, that "YOU CAN JUDGE. BUT DO IT WITH WISDOM. DON'T LET YOUR SENSE OF JUDGEMENT BE INFLUENCED, BY ANY MEANS; OTHERWISE, YOU WILL BE LIABLE. Now, regarding the subject matter (which in my opinion, is being over-emphasized), I want to advise that, our MUSLIM BROTHER should look elsewhere for someone, to marry (why does he not want to marry a MUSLIM SISTER?). I know of some good and WELL-BEHAVED muslim sisters, out there, that are single. Or, are they not good enough for him? I don't mean any harm. I beg to retire, for the day. May the good Lord, grant unto everyone of us, KNOWLEDGE AND WISDOM to live a FULFILED LIFE, to the glory of His name and the benefit of humanity, in the wonderful name of Jesus Christ (Amen). Bye for now and remain BLESSED. cool shocked cool
judge what?!!! You can't judge for God, only He knows wat he wants from each of us. Judgement regarding human behaviour towards human can't be told if wrong, that judgement. But not how you worship God! Only God knows the true heart. We condemn the muslim religion based on the crisis we see on dis part of the world, but is it every muslim ard yu dt do d same? That is to tell you d religion does not teach that. Like a blogger said up der, if a xtain is sick & his only medical cure is in iraq or saudi-arabia, let him say no bcoz hez its a muslim country & he his a xtain! Let God do d judgement & let's get over with!
Re: Refusing A Marriage Proposal Based On Religion? by Debest2: 10:01pm On Sep 09, 2012
@horladort:
There you go again, with an "UNNECESSARY ARGUMENT". I referred you, to some "SCRIPTURES IN THE BIBLE", to buttress my contribution. Why not READ UP THOSE SCRIPTURES, before countering my submission? It is, my CONSIDERED OPINION, that, reading up those REFERENCES could be of great BENEFITS, to you and some other persons, you might meet, later in life. DO NOT DOUBT IN THE DARK, WHAT YOU ARE TOLD, IN THE LIGHT. Bye for now and remain BLESSED. cool shocked cool
Re: Refusing A Marriage Proposal Based On Religion? by horladort(m): 7:29am On Sep 10, 2012
De-best:
@horladort:
There you go again, with an "UNNECESSARY ARGUMENT". I referred you, to some "SCRIPTURES IN THE BIBLE", to buttress my contribution. Why not READ UP THOSE SCRIPTURES, before countering my submission? It is, my CONSIDERED OPINION, that, reading up those REFERENCES could be of great BENEFITS, to you and some other persons, you might meet, later in life. DO NOT DOUBT IN THE DARK, WHAT YOU ARE TOLD, IN THE LIGHT. Bye for now and remain BLESSED. cool shocked cool
. Would you read a Quran scripture if I directed yu der?! Of course not, you won't! You've neva done b4.. Just d reason you can judge & condemn. If yu judge, den u still practice d law of moses you so much detest in xtainitysmiley
Re: Refusing A Marriage Proposal Based On Religion? by horladort(m): 7:34am On Sep 10, 2012
sofire4real: abeg which kind talk be that, they say the meat wen you no go chop no use teeth divide am. you don' t want to marry a muslim but you dated one.
who you dey decisive.the thing dey sweet you jore. grin shocked
laffn seriozly here!!! cheesy
Re: Refusing A Marriage Proposal Based On Religion? by deczy(f): 7:44am On Sep 10, 2012
If u knw u cnt eat a recipe, y tk it clos 2ur noes 2 percive it?...
Re: Refusing A Marriage Proposal Based On Religion? by Debest2: 7:07pm On Sep 10, 2012
@horladort:
Why are you crying, more than the BEREAVED? Or probably, you are, the MUSLIM BROTHER, involved in this riddle? How-be-it, my dear, I don't mean any harm. I come across some delectable, beautiful single muslim sisters, out there, every day. I would rather you or whoever is CONCERNED, look for a "GOOD MUSLIM SISTER" to marry; and let us, avoid the "THIRD WORLD WAR" you are about causing here (because A CHRISTIAN LADY, REFUSES TO MARRY A MUSLIM BROTHER). Bye for now and remain BLESSED. cool shocked cool
Re: Refusing A Marriage Proposal Based On Religion? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Sep 10, 2012
afam4eva: How on earth should people from different religions get married when you believe in two different things. How do you now say you are one? I'm against Christian-Muslim marraige.

Please for goodness sake don't mislead or give this young lady a wrong advise. Ask her relevant questions before you start spitting your fanatical ideas. All over the world,people of different religions do fall in love and remarkable no do end in marriage, with cooperation and understanding withing the union. There must be some reasons why she fell in love with the guy in the first place and vice versa. Christian-Muslim marriage do work,has worked and its working,it all depends on the husband and wife in the union. Not all single religion marriage has worked as well......
......But my sincere advice to her is that 9yrs,2 yrs of dating........apply all normal yardstick used in determining marriage worthy men or women,like If is not a liar,not a womaniser,not a woman beater,caring,loves you etc then make up your mind.....its you life and not anyone else. You know what is good for you.
Inter religious marriage do work, am a product of a very beautiful and romantic one, although not all will work like I said, but it can work pretty well and those pointing accusing fingers at you as if they are more religious,intelligent or keep themselves as a man or woman more than you will wonder how you have managed to make your marriage work. Wish you Gods blessing as you decide,the ball is always in your court and not anyone else.
Re: Refusing A Marriage Proposal Based On Religion? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Sep 10, 2012
salt 1:
How old is your sister's marriage? They LOOK happy together? Your sister is happy that her husband doesn't kneel and pray with her? I wish them lasting happiness but appearance can be deceitful, especially in marriage

Never doubt the power of love cooperation,understanding,care and education. In my case my mum a SU as they are called that time, when I asked her why she married my Dad knowing he is a muslim,she told us (the 4 children) that all the christain guys she had met before him are either drunkards,liars,womaniser or married so she turned them down and her husband later came into the picture. She said she fIrst admired him for been straight forward. They got married in 1980 and has five children one of the children a lady is married with kids,the second girl child will soon marry an Anglican guy and it has been a happy family. So,don't wish the guy above or the lady in question bad. My Dad never had a 2nd wife. On church,mum still goes to church We have a family pastor,her pastor...... And on marrying a second wife, don use that to scare the young lady its a personal choice,many muslim men has one wife,many Christian men has more than one or married a secret wife given birth for them. . Let this lady think and decide.
Verdict, christian muslim marriage do work,not all though. And don't cos of some misguided criminals call muslims animals like a poster did her,its not fair. There are good people or bad people either muslims or christians.
Re: Refusing A Marriage Proposal Based On Religion? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Sep 10, 2012
Re: Refusing A Marriage Proposal Based On
Religion? by horladort(m): 7:47am On Sep 06
natasha: So wat do u want us to tell you. Just
remember in this day and age of boko haram,
hmmmmmmm. Love is never enough.
A word is enough for the wise.
funny how peeps judge tho.. So yu mean d man wld
put a bomb in d woman's closet!
(Quote) (Report) 1 Like (Unlike)
horladort: funny how peeps judge tho.. So yu mean d man wld put a bomb in d woman's closet! smiley

I WONDER OOOOOOO! Lolz
Re: Refusing A Marriage Proposal Based On Religion? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Sep 10, 2012
by toria1980(f): 5:23pm On Sep 04
CrazyMan:
Maybe by the time you get to 35 years and you're
still single, you would consider his
proposal...hypocrite

toria1980:

is being single a crime in the society? becos at the end of the day i am saying i pick these person to spend eternity with him.he is a muslism and tomorrow he might just wake up and bring in another wife all in the name of religion

I consider this a fact. Not all muslims has more than one wife,abi? Not all christians has only one? If he is trust worthy,I believe u can take his word that he won't stop from 0f church going,believe me if he fit for date for you,he is fit for marriage. Many marriage of such has worked,while many did not it depends on the man and you,Many christian only marriages worked,many don't ,many muslim alone marriages worked,many don't and many muslim-christian marriages worked and many don't. It depends. About families,its the responsibility of all men to protect their wives,even if one marries from same religious cycle,one can still have inlaw issues. It all depends follow your heart. Read other comments and make up your mind,God bless ur decision.
Re: Refusing A Marriage Proposal Based On Religion? by tpia1: 11:23pm On Sep 10, 2012
De-best:

I come across some delectable, beautiful single muslim sisters, out there, every day. I would rather you or whoever is CONCERNED, look for a "GOOD MUSLIM SISTER" to marry; and let us, avoid the "THIRD WORLD WAR" you are about causing here (because A CHRISTIAN LADY, REFUSES TO MARRY A MUSLIM BROTHER). Bye for now and remain BLESSED. cool shocked cool

wise words.
Re: Refusing A Marriage Proposal Based On Religion? by tpia1: 11:24pm On Sep 10, 2012
is being single a crime in the society?

no, its not a crime but i'm just wondering what a practicing christian female and a practicing muslim male would have in common to the extent of talking marriage.

i dont get it.

i dont get when/why you two were dating either, if this is a true story.

i think you should introduce him to some muslim ladies who he might like.

dont let him stay on your case oh!!!
Re: Refusing A Marriage Proposal Based On Religion? by horladort(m): 12:23pm On Sep 11, 2012
De-best:
@horladort:
Why are you crying, more than the BEREAVED? Or probably, you are, the MUSLIM BROTHER, involved in this riddle? How-be-it, my dear, I don't mean any harm. I come across some delectable, beautiful single muslim sisters, out there, every day. I would rather you or whoever is CONCERNED, look for a "GOOD MUSLIM SISTER" to marry; and let us, avoid the "THIRD WORLD WAR" you are about causing here (because A CHRISTIAN LADY, REFUSES TO MARRY A MUSLIM BROTHER). Bye for now and remain BLESSED. cool shocked cool
. cheesy cheesy cheesy yu go fear 3rd world war na!!!
Re: Refusing A Marriage Proposal Based On Religion? by natasha: 5:47pm On Sep 12, 2012
Tesiday: Re: Refusing A Marriage Proposal Based On
Religion? by horladort(m): 7:47am On Sep 06
natasha: So wat do u want us to tell you. Just
remember in this day and age of boko haram,
hmmmmmmm. Love is never enough.
A word is enough for the wise.
funny how peeps judge tho.. So yu mean d man wld
put a bomb in d woman's closet!
(Quote) (Report) 1 Like (Unlike)

I WONDER OOOOOOO! Lolz

During the jos crisis, i have seen married muslim men give their wives up for beheading to the muslim rioting youths. I am talking about couples who v been married years with kids. And whats the wife's crime? Been married to a muslim and not converting to Islam so plsssssss..............like i said, love is never enough.
We have seen how muslims repeatedly bite the fingers that fed them. The US ambassador waa killed in Benghazi: dts a town where gaddafi crushed many people, d same town that the killings were so much NATO intervened and today the muslims show their appreciation by reciprocating.
Its up to the poster what choice she makes......a word is enough for the wise
Re: Refusing A Marriage Proposal Based On Religion? by tuniski: 7:01pm On Sep 12, 2012
Please poster go your way and leave d moslem bro alone ooo! I religion is truly an issue u should never have dated him. Today it is a convinience to use religion as an excuse to exit! Did he just turn moslem? I lived thru many so called religious crisis in d north and a particular case inspired me a Berom friend married a yoruba moslem lady @ d peak of d crisis! So for those who gave their spouses during so called crisis, they are the types who use their partners, children and family members including their parents for rituals it has nothing to do with their faith, but their value systems!!!
Re: Refusing A Marriage Proposal Based On Religion? by bukatyne(f): 5:25pm On Sep 17, 2012
Adematic: i'm nt judging bt hw can some1 tel me he/she is a xtain and hv a sexual imorality partner a.k.a boyfrnd or girl frnd
i m only responding to d post. besides, as christians, we fall in one way or the other. however, i expected her to be in a relationship leadin to marriage so if she can't marry a muslim, why did she date him in the first place?
Re: Refusing A Marriage Proposal Based On Religion? by Kentnickole(m): 11:14pm On Jul 15, 2014
toria1980:

you don't need to be harsh.... we dated since 2003/2004. i left him in 2004 just because of the religion...but since 2004 he has being on my neck
I guess ur avoiding looking unlike ursef puttn on that "Ijab" thing and/or avoiding not being able to tolerate him marrying additional women in the future. SIMPLY PUT, U DONT WANT TO SHARE HIM IN THE FUTURE cos his religion obviously permits so.
Re: Refusing A Marriage Proposal Based On Religion? by frontliner065(m): 11:47pm On Dec 03, 2019
@dasparrow , I am 95% sure that you MUST be a RCCG Member.

By their statement and comments, you shall know them. From the classroom to the office to the neighborhood, they are KINGPINS in causing atrocities and division all in the name of religion.

Every single thing pinches them on their body. Is the girl your sister? no! Are you the only one following Christ?

Wherever you see an RCCG Member, they don't need to disclose to you. Just observe their body languages and attitudes to Muslims and other people and you will know them. (Then let me not talk about the special category we have in our society; the Yoruba RCCG Member... #CaseClosed lipsrsealed)

So callous! If you need a social group/association/cult to support your personal interest, go join some, instead of coming in the name of religion and ALWAYS CAUSING UNNECESSARY DIVISION.

dasparrow:

It depends on how strong your walk with Christ Jesus is. Religion is not just a belief. It is a way of life or a way of living. The Islamic faith permits a man to marry up to 4 wives. Can you bear sharing your husband and home with other women? I personally cannot be joined one with someone who is not a believer of Christ Jesus. My bible tells me not to be unequally yoked with unbelievers.

No matter how much he pesters you, say no. Marraige is for better for worse. Depending on how strong of a believer he is in his faith, he might demand that the children be raised muslims or that you convert to Islam. If you don't, that might be the beginning of the end of your marraige. Is that what you want? You think marraige is like boyfriend - girlfriend relationship? Marraige is not a joke and definately not for the faint hearted. Change your phone number and move to another city if possible so that the pestering stops. In the western world, what he is doing would have been considered harrassment and he could go to jail for that. However, in Nigeria, anything and everything goes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Eat Pusssy Properly And Make Her Orgasm. / 12 Things Handsome Guys Go Through And Are Tired Of / How Do I Get Him To Notice Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.