Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,480 members, 7,819,750 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

N106BN Approved For New Airport Terminals - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N106BN Approved For New Airport Terminals (8913 Views)

Kim Jong Un EXECUTES New Airport Architect – Because He Didn’t Like The Design / Abuja New Airport Terminal Ready In Sixmonths- Chidoka / Abuja Light Rail, New Airport Terminals To Be Completed By 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N106BN Approved For New Airport Terminals by Nobody: 12:32pm On Sep 07, 2012
Mahn, Kano international and local airport are going through thorough rehabilitation daily. When it is completed, it will be the best in the country. Roads and dam projects are being built steadily.

SE comes last in GEJ's mind, he knows how to massage our ego's and walk freely without doing anything concrete; like closing whole markets to honor ojukwu and co and we are happy.

How many Gigantic projects are going on in SE ? Yet, our people are already endorsing him.

But he is trying to win Northerners minds by all means. Learn to play politics Okoro's. Hahahaha.
Re: N106BN Approved For New Airport Terminals by Adanyebe(m): 12:33pm On Sep 07, 2012
I Think the absence of that wife of his he is beginning to mak GEJ reason wella like a president shud
Re: N106BN Approved For New Airport Terminals by asha80(m): 12:40pm On Sep 07, 2012
Olodostein: Mahn, Kano international and local airport are going through thorough rehabilitation daily. When it is completed, it will be the best in the country. Roads and dam projects are being built steadily.

SE comes last in GEJ's mind, he knows how to massage our ego's and walk freely without doing anything concrete; like closing whole markets to honor ojukwu and co and we are happy.

How many Gigantic projects are going on in SE ? Yet, our people are already endorsing him.

But he is trying to win Northerners minds by all means. Learn to play politics Okoro's. Hahahaha.

have you been to enugu airport lately?which roads are being built in kano?moreover the minister of aviation is from south east so your point is mute.
Re: N106BN Approved For New Airport Terminals by Ramcie(f): 12:40pm On Sep 07, 2012
That reminds me, Shebi JONA say him go build new airports in all the 36 states
Re: N106BN Approved For New Airport Terminals by gabriel74: 12:42pm On Sep 07, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^Good point, but i wish the South East Governors would -on a PPP basis- make moves to construct a regional/modern rail network linking the cities of Onitsha, Nnewi, Enugu, Nsukka, Abakaliki, Awka, Owerri, Oguta, Umuahia and Aba; linking up with cities in the South South like Port Harcourt, Uyo, Calabar, Asaba and Warri.....with commitment and the right leadership (like a Nnaji or Akunyili overseeing things) it's possible.

My brother, I feel u, this is what the Canadian Company been won do many year back for Lagos-Ibadan Express way, but the Northern Government Kicked against it, This people Hate development in this Country..
Re: N106BN Approved For New Airport Terminals by blacksta(m): 12:43pm On Sep 07, 2012
Nigeria should be in the Guiness books of record for Awarding Contracts without implementation. It makes no sense when the existing airports are performing under capacity to then decide to build new ones. Hopefully it will be ready by 2050 shoooooir
Re: N106BN Approved For New Airport Terminals by Dee60: 12:47pm On Sep 07, 2012
Madam, Please keep your eye on the regulatory bodies. Aviation authorities stink from what we have been told. Leave the business of building new terminals to private companies. That is global best practice!
Re: N106BN Approved For New Airport Terminals by Chinom(m): 12:47pm On Sep 07, 2012
The Enugu International Airport is long overdue. This project must be pursued aggressively. We need to decongest Lagos by making it possible for Airlines from USA and Europe to land at Enugu direct from their bases.
The Enugu International Airport has the potentials of being the most viable airport in the country.

SO HURRY UP WITH THE UPGRADE..
Re: N106BN Approved For New Airport Terminals by maigaskiya1: 12:59pm On Sep 07, 2012
PapaBrowne: This Government is doing things that were not done in the last 25 years in Nigeria.

Power- For the first time, We are feeling the impact.

Agriculture- Tremendous change is happening there!

Roads- There is highway construction happening in every region and they are countless. It could be faster.

Railways- Small small renovations of tracks. We need faster tracks.

Airports- Not only have they remodelled the horrible prisons we called airports, they are building brand new terminals!! Excellent!

The Police- The police force has begun to solve very mysterious murder cases in very explained fashion.

There are only two area this Government has not yet hit a home run- 1) Corruption 2) National security!

We need to accord them accolades when they perform!! And I think they are sitting up fast!!
my broda rome ws nt bult in a day.had it been our former leadrs did all ds maybe gej shuld be plantng flowers by nw.nd yet some haters due 2 tribal sentiments wil stl kal hm names.any way sha.dm go tire.sail on presido,2015 is sure
Re: N106BN Approved For New Airport Terminals by Ikology(m): 1:06pm On Sep 07, 2012
Chinom: The Enugu International Airport is long overdue. This project must be pursued aggressively. We need to decongest Lagos by making it possible for Airlines from USA and Europe to land at Enugu direct from their bases.
The Enugu International Airport has the potentials of being the most viable airport in the country.

[b]
Chinom: The Enugu International Airport is long overdue. This project must be pursued aggressively. We need to decongest Lagos by making it possible for Airlines from USA and Europe to land at Enugu direct from their bases.

There is massive upgrading of Enugu International Airport ungoing, The state government has currently awarded the dualisation of roads( Enugu- Abakaliki) leading to this airport with an advanced AIRPORT INTERCHANGE which will accomodate a tunnell for train, connecting Old airport road which is currently undergoing massive construction.
Re: N106BN Approved For New Airport Terminals by DeGrace01(m): 1:15pm On Sep 07, 2012
All I know is that my GEJ is working, even the whole hate and castigate him he don't care that what i so much like about him. To me i will continue to pray for him. GOODLUCK NIGERIA!!!
Re: N106BN Approved For New Airport Terminals by Yacubes(m): 1:27pm On Sep 07, 2012
Contructing new accessible channel 4 themselves 2 make more flyin stations available everywhere 4 dem 2 route their undisclosed space machines bt they cant give d populace a gud plyable road dat quarter of dat estimated billions wud lay a long length miles-filled way. I think d reason 4 dis is 2 enhance d breach btw d classes n dey want to get there before the common man.
Re: N106BN Approved For New Airport Terminals by okpurukata(f): 1:28pm On Sep 07, 2012
I really appreciate this govt. despite all insults heaped daily on him, our President is really trying. God bless GEJ.

1 Like

Re: N106BN Approved For New Airport Terminals by Novice1(m): 1:36pm On Sep 07, 2012
40 Laptops @ work

1 Like

Re: N106BN Approved For New Airport Terminals by stjudas(m): 1:57pm On Sep 07, 2012
Once again I'm begining to feel like a Nigerian.
Re: N106BN Approved For New Airport Terminals by otokx(m): 2:49pm On Sep 07, 2012
40 laptops are really working, kindly tell GEJ that for 10 days now there has been no electricity at his alma mater - the university of Port harcourt.
Re: N106BN Approved For New Airport Terminals by Dotman01(m): 3:09pm On Sep 07, 2012
Novice1: 40 Laptops @ work
Am wondering if these guys are not more 40 sef.

1 Like

Re: N106BN Approved For New Airport Terminals by odedele: 3:36pm On Sep 07, 2012
106billion loan 4 a white elephant project?fresh air indeed
Re: N106BN Approved For New Airport Terminals by Nobody: 3:44pm On Sep 07, 2012
asha 80: have you been to enugu airport lately?which roads are being built in kano?moreover the minister of aviation is from south east so your point is mute.

What I am trying to say is that, development is slow in SE; which gave him 99% vote compared to North despite the boko haram saga rampaging that region. I am in the region, so i know what i am talking about.

The minister of Avaition gets order from the president and besides could work for his or her own selfish interest.

Time will tell though.

1 Like

Re: N106BN Approved For New Airport Terminals by Venchy: 3:51pm On Sep 07, 2012
Lol....you all makes me laugh, can I say some Nigerians are ZOMBIE and very GULLIBLE .
They carried away easily when all this SELFISH , GREEDY BARSTARD politicians that has no remorse for the people of Nigeria sweet talk in order to get back in power and continue to steal public fund.

Contract are been awarded without no information about the due date, to me it's a joke and it's a bad sign.....Can I also say we need to learn what it's called MAINTENANCE CULTURE & PROJECT for future.

What's the point of spending so much on New terminal and there's no SOAP TO WASH YOUR HAND AFTER USING THE TOILET....this is standard practice in MM but the cleaner will patronize you before bringing out soap that should have been in the soap compartment....

Brothers and sisters lets tackle the basics before moving up......Note: ELECTRICITY is the KEY to everything and I don't know what the CLUELESS Nigerian leaders are doing towards this.

This is my own opinion, some people might not like it as they are always getting DOGGY contract that will not benefit the public.
Re: N106BN Approved For New Airport Terminals by olatunde1234: 5:26pm On Sep 07, 2012
I dont think this goverment know what they have doing sometime, all our road is in the bad condition, and life has been lost everyday because of the bad road, the ibadan/ilorin expressway has being abandon for years, and many of the uncompleted road across the country, and now they want to build new airport, this shown that the intrest of masses is'nt their mind, how many of masses travle by air, and i see some people still praising them here, insted of let them know they inhuman act, they only care for their own welfare, what a goverment. GOD DEY SHA!
Re: N106BN Approved For New Airport Terminals by Rossikk(m): 5:27pm On Sep 07, 2012
Bukkyade: Gej is really working. Each passing day, we hear and discuss news of his developmental strides. The other day he was in Anambra to commission the new sea ports and oil refinery. The next thing, we heard about the visit/inspection of Enugu-Onitsha road and the assurance of the minister to expedite action. By Wednesday, the information minister announced the re award of so many road projects under the SURE P including the Enugu-Onitsha axis and phase 2 of the Benin-Sagamu, and Kano-Maidugri. We also discussed on this forum last week, the AIT's report on resumption of the Kaduna-Niger railway operations. In that same thread, it was stated that so many rail tracks are being refurbished including the Lagos-Kano and Abuja-kaduna etc.

The steady power supply and privatisation dominated discussions last week following Barth NNaji's resignation as power Minister. There was general consensus that power had improved nationwide and urged the president to sustain the present trend. Both critics and opposition alike acknowledged the giant strides recorded by the Jonathan govt on power. Yesterday, MAN came out with a public declaration that 250 companies came up in the last one year of Jonathan.
A thread was created on Nairaland for YOUWIN 2. By Tuesday, Jonathan had launched it and reserved it exclusively for women participation. Sometime last week, we applauded the smooth takeoff of the SOVERIGN WEALTH FUND as Ngozi Iweala inaugurated a board of proffesionals to run it. I read on twitter yesterday several reports by EFCC restating its preparedness to charge more subsidy thieves when the courts return from vacation.

Just when it appeared that oil markerters were going to plunge Abuja into another hardship of long queues over Subsidy claims, the FG came out publicly with facts of how they have met all genuine outstanding subsidy claims. They also cautioned against panic buying as the FG assured of enough supplies to last for the next one month.

On this thread, we are discussing the massive remodeling and reconstruction of our airports. GEJ IS REALLY WORKING. LET'S FACE IT

He's turning out to be one of our most effective presidents. Kudos to him.
Re: N106BN Approved For New Airport Terminals by Rossikk(m): 5:31pm On Sep 07, 2012

I landed at Enugu airport recently. It's a beehive of redevelopment/remodelling activity. Same as MMA Lagos. None of these places will look recognisable once they're finished - such is the level of work going on there.
Re: N106BN Approved For New Airport Terminals by freesoul3(f): 5:56pm On Sep 07, 2012
by the time GEJ leaves office, he would have achieved more than all his predecessors combined

GEJ, forward ever!
Re: N106BN Approved For New Airport Terminals by 4Play(m): 6:55pm On Sep 07, 2012
Another set of white elephant projects. The sad aspect is that we are running up debt to fund this nonsense. There is an inexplicable attachment Nigerians have to airports when the average Nigerian travels by road. The Enugu-Onitsha expressway is barely motorable but they can afford to invest billions on expanding Enugu airport's runway and terminal, an airport used by less than 1 percent of the local population.
Re: N106BN Approved For New Airport Terminals by visionbiafra: 9:36pm On Sep 07, 2012
Thank u God and Uncle Jona. 3 of those airports are in Igboland: Enugu (Enuugwu Ngwo), Port Harcourt (Igweocha) and Asaba (Ahaba).
Re: N106BN Approved For New Airport Terminals by werepeLeri: 11:06pm On Sep 07, 2012
blacksta: Nigeria should be in the Guiness books of record for Awarding Contracts without implementation. It makes no sense when the existing airports are performing under capacity to then decide to build new ones. Hopefully it will be ready by 2050 shoooooir

LOL. English Language 101. They are not new airports bro, they are new terminals at the old airports. LOLzzzzzzz
Re: N106BN Approved For New Airport Terminals by ZeusI: 1:21am On Sep 08, 2012
Depends on who is handling the contract.
Re: N106BN Approved For New Airport Terminals by onomeasike: 1:29am On Sep 08, 2012
something is fishy about this loan,shine your eyes.https://www.nairaland.com/1041774/something-fishy-chinese-106-billion
Re: N106BN Approved For New Airport Terminals by Mallamabdul: 1:38am On Sep 08, 2012
Bukkyade: Gej is really working. Each passing day, we hear and discuss news of his developmental strides. The other day he was in Anambra to commission the new sea ports and oil refinery. The next thing, we heard about the visit/inspection of Enugu-Onitsha road and the assurance of the minister to expedite action. By Wednesday, the information minister announced the re award of so many road projects under the SURE P including the Enugu-Onitsha axis and phase 2 of the Benin-Sagamu, and Kano-Maidugri. We also discussed on this forum last week, the AIT's report on resumption of the Kaduna-Niger railway operations. In that same thread, it was stated that so many rail tracks are being refurbished including the Lagos-Kano and Abuja-kaduna etc.

The steady power supply and privatisation dominated discussions last week following Barth NNaji's resignation as power Minister. There was general consensus that power had improved nationwide and urged the president to sustain the present trend. Both critics and opposition alike acknowledged the giant strides recorded by the Jonathan govt on power. Yesterday, MAN came out with a public declaration that 250 companies came up in the last one year of Jonathan.
A thread was created on Nairaland for YOUWIN 2. By Tuesday, Jonathan had launched it and reserved it exclusively for women participation. Sometime last week, we applauded the smooth takeoff of the SOVERIGN WEALTH FUND as Ngozi Iweala inaugurated a board of proffesionals to run it. I read on twitter yesterday several reports by EFCC restating its preparedness to charge more subsidy thieves when the courts return from vacation.

Just when it appeared that oil markerters were going to plunge Abuja into another hardship of long queues over Subsidy claims, the FG came out publicly with facts of how they have met all genuine outstanding subsidy claims. They also cautioned against panic buying as the FG assured of enough supplies to last for the next one month.

On this thread, we are discussing the massive remodeling and reconstruction of our airports. GEJ IS REALLY WORKING. LET'S FACE IT

I believe you. Jonathan has been trying and I believe in his ability to sustain the tempo till 2015.
Re: N106BN Approved For New Airport Terminals by Obijulius: 8:16am On Sep 08, 2012
Olodostein: Mahn, Kano international and local airport are going through thorough rehabilitation daily. When it is completed, it will be the best in the country. Roads and dam projects are being built steadily.

Cheap attempt @ trying to derail the topic into another tribal war. U av been so ignored in you life my dear and will continue to take d back seat in life.

Your opinion doesn't count. Its also unreasonable.
Re: N106BN Approved For New Airport Terminals by MrEverest(m): 11:53am On Sep 08, 2012
otokx: 40 laptops are really working, kindly tell GEJ that for 10 days now there has been no electricity at his alma mater - the university of Port harcourt.
pls dont be rediculous, is GEJ the VC of Uniport?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Anambra PDP Reps Candidates Protest At INEC / Fashola's Attempt To "School" Peter Obi Gone Wrong / What Is The Worst Crime You Have Ever Committed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.