Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,766 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

Never Dated A Nigerian Man Before - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Never Dated A Nigerian Man Before (2477 Views)

Ladies, Can You Date/have You Dated A Nerd? / Have Your Ever Dated A Possessive Partner ? / Any Women On Here Dated A Caribbean Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Never Dated A Nigerian Man Before by talishaf: 11:20pm On Sep 06, 2012
Ok so i recently met this guy and hes from new york, and in the beginning he told me that his mom was nigerian and his father black. I am attracted to him but by looking at his picture he looks like an average african american so i associated that with an american accent, that was totally not the case. SO we finally talked over the phone and he has a nigerian accent which kinda threw me back because i couldnt pair his voice with what i saw. Immediately from the beginning he was calling me baby and that he wanted a serious relationship those were red flags as well but the main thing is i dont know how to feel now because the whole thought of dating an african is a little scary and unsettling seeing how i never dated a african before. But also when u think of african men u think of womanizer and not good english or understanding of different culutres. Something in me is telling me to just turn the other way and not invest any of myself into thiswhat advice do any of you all have on this issue
Re: Never Dated A Nigerian Man Before by frank317: 11:44pm On Sep 06, 2012
Well, try it and ur life will never b d same again
Re: Never Dated A Nigerian Man Before by DExplorer1: 11:44pm On Sep 06, 2012
Give yourself sometime or space. Don't throw yourself at him. Africans got culture but i don't know about the good English and womanizer part. I also don't know how long you've been into this but a friendly relationship should properly spell things out. I mean don't rush along with his baby tags and co. He might be a good guy, that's for your findings. Africans are great people, think aright.
Re: Never Dated A Nigerian Man Before by MrsChima1(f): 1:08am On Sep 07, 2012
talishaf: Ok so i recently met this guy and hes from new york, and in the beginning he told me that his mom was nigerian and his father black. I am attracted to him but by looking at his picture he looks like an average african american so i associated that with an american accent, that was totally not the case. SO we finally talked over the phone and he has a nigerian accent which kinda threw me back because i couldnt pair his voice with what i saw. Immediately from the beginning he was calling me baby and that he wanted a serious relationship those were red flags as well but the main thing is i dont know how to feel now because the whole thought of dating an african is a little scary and unsettling seeing how i never dated a african before. But also when u think of african men u think of womanizer and not good english or understanding of different culutres. Something in me is telling me to just turn the other way and not invest any of myself into thiswhat advice do any of you all have on this issue

You said his mother is Nigerian and father is Black but he speaks with an accent? How long has he been in the States? Which part of the States are you located?
Re: Never Dated A Nigerian Man Before by Excelboi(m): 1:19am On Sep 07, 2012
SO ur story later end.
Re: Never Dated A Nigerian Man Before by Mynd44: 2:06am On Sep 07, 2012
Mrs..Chima:

You said his mother is Nigerian and father is Black but he speaks with an accent? How long has he been in the States? Which part of the States are you located?
I was gonna ask her the same thing. Cos with this description, he might have spent time living in Nigeria but he aint Nigerian
Re: Never Dated A Nigerian Man Before by omosexy1: 9:54am On Sep 07, 2012
frank3.16:
Well, try it and ur life will never b d same again

Very funny. In a positive or negative way?
Re: Never Dated A Nigerian Man Before by frank317: 11:00am On Sep 07, 2012
omosexy1:

Very funny. In a positive or negative way?

I real naija guy na... Of course in a positive way.

With a naija guy, she will learn everytin about life thayt she couldn't imajin. She will bcome wiser and will always b one step ahead og her mates
Re: Never Dated A Nigerian Man Before by Nobody: 11:04am On Sep 07, 2012
talishaf: Ok so i recently met this guy and hes from new york, and in the beginning he told me that his mom was nigerian and his father black. I am attracted to him but by looking at his picture he looks like an average african american so i associated that with an american accent, that was totally not the case. SO we finally talked over the phone and he has a nigerian accent which kinda threw me back because i couldnt pair his voice with what i saw. Immediately from the beginning he was calling me baby and that he wanted a serious relationship those were red flags as well but the main thing is i dont know how to feel now because the whole thought of dating an african is a little scary and unsettling seeing how i never dated a african before. But also when u think of african men u think of womanizer and not good english or understanding of different culutres. Something in me is telling me to just turn the other way and not invest any of myself into thiswhat advice do any of you all have on this issue

Hello hon,

Please be careful especially with Nigerian men!

Look before you leap angry.

Some could be VERY HORRIBLE!
Re: Never Dated A Nigerian Man Before by mspookie: 11:15am On Sep 07, 2012
NA who born d M*G* grin lipsrsealed
Re: Never Dated A Nigerian Man Before by AtheistD(m): 1:07pm On Sep 08, 2012

It is best to go into this with an open mind. Be very mature about everything. I believe you should consider it if there is no major issue putting you off. Here are some benefits of African men (mostly Nigerians):

1. Responsible. Africans are generally more responsible than their African American, Black British/French/European and Jamaican/other Carribean counterparts.
2. Cultured. Culture makes a big bonus as it can give a very strong backbone to a family unit.
3. Lower divorce rates.
4. Less promiscuous. (Better believe it babe. Africans cheat less than the other black groups. Or rather, all black groups cheat alot).#
5. More financially capable and successful (this is mostly for Nigerians however).

The list is endless.

Your choice. Goodluck
Re: Never Dated A Nigerian Man Before by claremont(m): 1:18pm On Sep 08, 2012
talishaf: But also when u think of african men u think of womanizer and not good english or understanding of different culutres. Something in me is telling me to just turn the other way and not invest any of myself into thiswhat advice do any of you all have on this issue
Really?! So African men are now womanisers and have poor command of English? We don suffer sha!
Re: Never Dated A Nigerian Man Before by inas911(m): 2:42pm On Sep 08, 2012
weda african or not. All na wash wash! Better shine your eyes.
Re: Never Dated A Nigerian Man Before by MrsChima1(f): 2:52pm On Sep 08, 2012
Atheist:-D:

It is best to go into this with an open mind. Be very mature about everything. I believe you should consider it if there is no major issue putting you off. Here are some benefits of African men (mostly Nigerians):

1. Responsible. Africans are generally more responsible than their African American, Black British/French/European and Jamaican/other Carribean counterparts.
2. Cultured. Culture makes a big bonus as it can give a very strong backbone to a family unit.
3. Lower divorce rates.
4. Less promiscuous. (Better believe it babe. Africans cheat less than the other black groups. Or rather, all black groups cheat alot).#
5. More financially capable and successful (this is mostly for Nigerians however).

The list is endless.

Your choice. Goodluck

You forgot to add liars, murderers, thieves, adulterers, rapists, ignorant, misogynists, whores, fake bible thumpers, and opportunists.

I have more but you get the point. wink

1 Like

Re: Never Dated A Nigerian Man Before by MrsChima1(f): 2:53pm On Sep 08, 2012
inas911: weda african or not. All na wash wash! B[size=22pt]etter shine your eye[/size]s.

True.
Re: Never Dated A Nigerian Man Before by DExplorer1: 2:58pm On Sep 08, 2012
Mrs..Chima:

You forgot to add liars, murderers, thieves, adulterers, rapists, ignorant, misogynists, whores, fake bible thumpers, and opportunists.

I have more but you get the point. wink

All attributed to African men? I think you've got a story to tell
Re: Never Dated A Nigerian Man Before by MrsChima1(f): 2:59pm On Sep 08, 2012
D-Explorer:

All attributed to African men? I think you've got a story to tell

Why are you catching feelings? Did it struck a cord with you? grin grin grin grin grin

By the way...I have no personal story to tell regarding African men but I have friends and associates that do! grin grin grin grin
Re: Never Dated A Nigerian Man Before by DExplorer1: 3:45pm On Sep 08, 2012
Mrs..Chima:

Why are you catching feelings? Did it struck a cord with you? grin grin grin grin grin

By the way...I have no personal story to tell regarding African men but I have friends and associates that do! grin grin grin grin
Then i think you need a personal experience and that might just correct the minus grin
Re: Never Dated A Nigerian Man Before by basisop(m): 3:52pm On Sep 08, 2012
AmBeautiful:

Hello hon,

Sharrap! We are the best. @OP Don't play too smart because as a Nigerian he will surely outsmart you.
Re: Never Dated A Nigerian Man Before by Nobody: 4:04pm On Sep 08, 2012
Please dont date Nigerians oh. They are not good in bed! They are better.
Re: Never Dated A Nigerian Man Before by MrsChima1(f): 5:38pm On Sep 08, 2012
D-Explorer:

Then i think you need a personal experience and that might just correct the minus grin

No thanks. I am content with Mr. Chima. wink wink
Re: Never Dated A Nigerian Man Before by MrsChima1(f): 5:39pm On Sep 08, 2012
AmBeautiful:

Hello hon,

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Never Dated A Nigerian Man Before by DExplorer1: 6:36pm On Sep 08, 2012
Mrs..Chima:

No thanks. I am content with Mr. Chima. wink wink
Young woman, save the future! Don't decieve yourself for too long and later wake up to realize that your moniker has chased away potential partners wink grin grin
Re: Never Dated A Nigerian Man Before by Mynd44: 6:40pm On Sep 08, 2012
I guess it Nigerian men bashing day. This is a bit nice except that generalization only shows how ignorant and uneducated people really are
Re: Never Dated A Nigerian Man Before by talishaf: 7:15pm On Sep 08, 2012
claremont:
Really?! So African men are now womanisers and have poor command of English? We don suffer sha!

Is that hard to believe let me set this straight many men are womanizers and just so happen all of the Africans Ive met have been the same way they love the chase only talking of experience
Re: Never Dated A Nigerian Man Before by talishaf: 7:24pm On Sep 08, 2012
Mynd_44: I guess it Nigerian men bashing day. This is a bit nice except that generalization only shows how ignorant and uneducated people really are

Im a very educated female but yet we have those who judged what they think others are doing, its not about bashing nigerian men sorry if you are taking things a lil too personal. We always have those who love to call others ignorant and uneducated you're no different..are you a perfect human?..
Re: Never Dated A Nigerian Man Before by talishaf: 7:26pm On Sep 08, 2012
Mynd_44: I guess it Nigerian men bashing day. This is a bit nice except that generalization only shows how ignorant and uneducated people really are

Im a very educated female but yet we have those who judged what they think others are doing, its not about bashing nigerian men sorry if you are taking things a lil too personal. We always have those who love to call others ignorant and uneducated you're no different..are you a perfect human?..
Re: Never Dated A Nigerian Man Before by Mynd44: 7:33pm On Sep 08, 2012
It is ignorant to judge almost 80 million individuals by the barely one thousand you have met. If you are educated, you will know that not everyone in a community can be bad. Not every individual can be a womanizer or a wife better. As if those traits don't exist in Chinese or Indian men too. Abeg make una clear jorh

1 Like

Re: Never Dated A Nigerian Man Before by Mynd44: 7:49pm On Sep 08, 2012
As yes I think because you have accepted that silly notion, you are ignorant and educated cos I don't expect someone who is educated to think like that. So go make another entry about it in your little diary
Re: Never Dated A Nigerian Man Before by talishaf: 7:52pm On Sep 08, 2012
Mynd_44: It is ignorant to judge almost 80 million individuals by the barely one thousand you have met. If you are educated, you will know that not everyone in a community can be bad. Not every individual can be a womanizer or a wife better. As if those traits don't exist in Chinese or Indian men too. Abeg make una clear jorh

Okay so who said that i was judging every african based on the few that i met. You must really believe your education is far more superior because i really believe that you think your enlightening me on the basis of life. Like I said Im very well educated and if you want to feel validated by what you say to people go ahead. I can see that you still got alot more learning to do yourself i hope u get there
Re: Never Dated A Nigerian Man Before by Mynd44: 8:01pm On Sep 08, 2012
First of all, go read your initial post about the first thing that comes to your mind when you think of an African man and what is that?
I guess if you can defend that then it is safe to conclude that the first thing I think about Colombians are drug traffickers and the first thing I think of white American women are fat, lazy and incredibly stupid people who think the world revolves around them.
Nuff said you effed up admit it and keep walking
Re: Never Dated A Nigerian Man Before by talishaf: 8:12pm On Sep 08, 2012
Mynd_44: As yes I think because you have accepted that silly notion, you are ignorant and educated cos I don't expect someone who is educated to think like that. So go make another entry about it in your little diary

You know what I thank god for people like you, someone whose angry and negative because I can read what you say and laugh and think this bitch has nothing better else but to call someone uneducated and ignorant off of one post. Its amazing to me how you can respond to my post and its not what youre writing its how you're writing it, like you're superior but trust and i know god knows that youre ignorant and uneducated in many areas of your life. I can tell by what youre writing, but being wise is knowing what and who to overlook. But im so proud that youre so far beyond perfect you feel you have the right to give me a title. There will always be people like you my post are not for you so get a fuckin life and feed your negative energy elsewhere. And youre right i will continue to post things in my diary

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Funniest Stories Of Cheating/infedility You Have Ever Heard In Naija / I Am A Nigerian Based Abroad, See What Love Wants To Do To Me (pic) / My Heart Is Bleeding. Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.