Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,319 members, 7,819,083 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

Is It Right To Marry Your Friend's Ex? Can You? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Right To Marry Your Friend's Ex? Can You? (7339 Views)

When You Marry Your Landlord's Daughter Just To Avoid Rent(picture) / Share Your Friend Zone Story. / Don’t Marry Your Boyfriend If He Does These 4 Things (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right To Marry Your Friend's Ex? Can You? by ramono(m): 9:59pm On Apr 11, 2006
This is a real story that happened within my circle of friends:

Scenario - My friend, Guy A, is a very gentle and cool guy, while Guy B is a gangster type rough guy. Both are good friends from the same tribe and area. Guy B has a very beautiful girlfriend who is also gentle and caring. But being the player Guy B is, he dumps her as he usually does to his girlfriends. Guy A doesnt waste time, he moves in and asks the girl out and within months he proposes. They are married now.

Did Guy A stab Guy B in the back, since he was 'waiting in the wings'?
If faced with similr situation what would you do?
Can you marry your friend's ex?

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Marry Your Friend's Ex? Can You? by beyunce(f): 10:05pm On Apr 11, 2006
y on earth would anyone think its ok or right.
Well i cant. anyone that does that is not a friend.
Re: Is It Right To Marry Your Friend's Ex? Can You? by Free(f): 10:19pm On Apr 11, 2006
Can you marry your friend's ex?
sure why not!!!!!!!!,
well you know sometiimes you cannot help whom you love,
it maybe wrong but what if they are in love, and were meant for each
other, or,
Re: Is It Right To Marry Your Friend's Ex? Can You? by Seun(m): 1:32am On Apr 12, 2006
If presented with the opportunity to marry a suitable person, I won't deny myself of it because I happen to know her ex-boyfriend.

If you don't want me to marry your girl, don't dump her. Simple! See Would You Date Your Friend's Ex?

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Marry Your Friend's Ex? Can You? by Ynot(m): 1:59am On Apr 12, 2006
Free:

sure why not!!!!!!!!,
well you know sometiimes you cannot help whom you love,
it maybe wrong but what if they are in love, and were meant for each
other, or,

Exactly. Its clear Man B wasn't in love with my wife. grin Why will i let go such a wonderful gem just because my 'good friend' refuse to see beyond his nose. I can always make another friend but, its hard to find a good wife.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Marry Your Friend's Ex? Can You? by Zahymaka(m): 4:07am On Apr 12, 2006
What right has Man B to her.

Most relationships go on insuch a way that the girl belongs to the man and vice versa. If the girl strays the mn gets angry and maybe lashes out at her etc etc.

The girl does not belong to Man B -- whether in a relationship or not -- so who she marries is her business.
Re: Is It Right To Marry Your Friend's Ex? Can You? by curiousNja(f): 5:35am On Apr 12, 2006
Maybe the question should have been asked a while ago, "Is it right to date your friend's ex?" If you have already made it beyond that point and are now considering marriage, then why look back? But to answer your question, No, I don't think it is right but it really depends on how close you are as friends.
Re: Is It Right To Marry Your Friend's Ex? Can You? by bolex(m): 5:36am On Apr 12, 2006
OK

NOW TELL ME

if Mr. B is a player, What would he worry

'You don;t know the use of what you have until you lose it'

Mr. A understands that Mr. B is a greedy gay.

& him being who he is , made a good wife out of the broken-hearted gal

They did not do it behind no 1's back

Every1 was there

Mr. B was even the best man amn sure

Moral of the story: If someone treats you right, Then , don't hesistate to treat the person back right

If not, find someone who will treat your 'rigther'

wink smiley cheesy grin cool
Re: Is It Right To Marry Your Friend's Ex? Can You? by trips(m): 10:58am On Apr 12, 2006
Could i marry mi dudes EX, i think not!!
it dont even sound right where does your loyalty lie,
so me and my babe break up, my guy go come go marry,
no be even s@$#p with her oooo,
marry,
me and me dawgs have rules wiv which we live,
why is he my friend when i spit on his face cos thats what dude A did,
for me o,
i fit do am anything cos e aint mi friend no longer.
Re: Is It Right To Marry Your Friend's Ex? Can You? by Rhodalyn(f): 11:01am On Apr 12, 2006
i dnt thk dere's any thing wrong wit marrying ur friends Ex afterall it's da Ex right?, so?
he dsnt expect her to remain unmarried waitin for him huh?
Re: Is It Right To Marry Your Friend's Ex? Can You? by Clemto: 12:19pm On Apr 12, 2006
It doesn't matter.The main issue is that :Do the second man love the girl?
The other friend should endeavor to stay with one girl or quit
Re: Is It Right To Marry Your Friend's Ex? Can You? by diyobdw(f): 12:28pm On Apr 12, 2006
friend's ex?
why not! they are history we will be prsent .
except i didnt like something about thier break up or i was the cause sad
Re: Is It Right To Marry Your Friend's Ex? Can You? by takethat: 12:42pm On Apr 12, 2006
this topic is common i have a friend and she left her boyfriend and she started dating his friend, i used to cal her all sorts of names then , she is getting married to the guy next week in fact i am the bestlady ,,,now i fell stupid, i think i can do that too afterall the same biblical cord did not tie us to earth so why cant i , but in exceptional cases where i am this girls pal like theway i am pals i with a friend of mine bose i dont think i can ever date her ex, no matter what , so my answer will be yes to a friend i am not too close to but no to very close friend
Re: Is It Right To Marry Your Friend's Ex? Can You? by pssword: 12:54pm On Apr 12, 2006
It's seems ok ont he surface, but the thought of knowing that my friend has, mmm mmm, my wife to be would be just too much, I think embarassed
Re: Is It Right To Marry Your Friend's Ex? Can You? by diyobdw(f): 12:59pm On Apr 12, 2006
@pssword
what is d diff if she still not a virgin ? it just in the mind
Re: Is It Right To Marry Your Friend's Ex? Can You? by trailblaze: 7:10pm On Apr 12, 2006
It really depends on the circumstances in which they broke up. Have a typical story. A friend broke up with her boyfriend for whatsover reason and we all felt for the guy. Like 4 yrs later this guy now goes after her closet friend who was her Brides maid. What beat all of us was that her friend actually considered going out with the guy. But her mother made life hard for and critcized that move claiming that if her friend didnt break up with her boyfriend they marry and that one now wants to have an affair with her will she agree.
It is true that things happen but the part of the world in which we live in frowns on such. People might actually say that you were praying for them to break up in the first place.
But if your motive is right and you are able to talk to all relevant parties and prove your point well with them and be sure that it is not infatuation or some other silly emotions that is making you make that move then go ahead.
If God wants you two together no jupiter can stop it.
Re: Is It Right To Marry Your Friend's Ex? Can You? by venice(f): 8:58am On Apr 13, 2006
I don't think there's a problem at all, unless the two of u are really close buddies, i would grab the opportunity with both hands. why did he leave her, they always say if one door closes another opens, i guess that's the case.
Re: Is It Right To Marry Your Friend's Ex? Can You? by Chxta(m): 4:43pm On Apr 14, 2006
You know the honest truth people, I don't know what I'll do in such a situation,
Re: Is It Right To Marry Your Friend's Ex? Can You? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Apr 14, 2006
That's very odd. depends on how close i am to that ex. For much of my friends i can go ahead and have no problems with it.

There are some certain "friends" of mine who are more like family, for those set of 3 guys not even a prophecy will make me marry such a woman!
Re: Is It Right To Marry Your Friend's Ex? Can You? by dremoney(m): 8:56pm On Apr 17, 2006
bro, dat na rubbish o, ow u go imagine kiping someone ur friend don bruse 4 houz ?ol boy,na madness b dat, i cant lai-lai, no way!!!i neva c dat kind love wey go make me do am, e no fit happen.
remeber u open ur eyes to love nowadays,
Re: Is It Right To Marry Your Friend's Ex? Can You? by mercyuti(f): 8:10pm On Apr 18, 2006
It depends on the reason for their breaking up
Re: Is It Right To Marry Your Friend's Ex? Can You? by dremoney(m): 8:21pm On Apr 18, 2006
yes mercy.i agree wit you but morally its not right, u can always gget someone else to love u.
Re: Is It Right To Marry Your Friend's Ex? Can You? by tipsy289(m): 9:29pm On Apr 18, 2006
Y shouldn't you if the opportunity comes,its not like Man B and girl were meant 2 be to the end from the start so whosever comes up,yeah do ur stuff and marry.Me i mite take the girl though this will make Man B jealous a bit. embarassed his friend is also havn fun wit his Ex
Re: Is It Right To Marry Your Friend's Ex? Can You? by eveseh(f): 9:42pm On Apr 18, 2006
well well,if i eve do that i wont have
piece in my whole life

that is i dont know,but that is very very bad
Re: Is It Right To Marry Your Friend's Ex? Can You? by fresheva(f): 6:09pm On Apr 26, 2006
its not good my best friend ex actually proposed marriage to me but i refused on the grounds that he is my best friends ex and then it is just a betrayal of friendship.
i wouldnt advise anyone to anyway. cheesy lipsrsealed
Re: Is It Right To Marry Your Friend's Ex? Can You? by fresheva(f): 6:12pm On Apr 26, 2006
thats very true eve. i support that

u a nice person cheesy
Re: Is It Right To Marry Your Friend's Ex? Can You? by eveseh(f): 6:15pm On Apr 26, 2006
fresheva:

thats very true eve. i support that

u a nice person cheesy

thanks grin grin ;Dbut that's the whole true anyone that willl do that
that person cant live happily in thire life
Re: Is It Right To Marry Your Friend's Ex? Can You? by diyobdw(f): 6:22pm On Apr 26, 2006
fresheva:

its not good my best friend ex actually proposed marriage to me but i refused on the grounds that he is my best friends ex and then it is just a betrayal of friendship.
WOw u did whot decline a once in a while oppourtunity?
some people will have your head for doing that ontop friend wen done move on with her life?
that what is called those with head no get cap if not you--- o ga o!!

Joke aside was that d only reason u did accept? wink wink :Dno 4 real let know undecided
Re: Is It Right To Marry Your Friend's Ex? Can You? by Blatant: 2:54pm On Jun 17, 2008
It's a ridiculous thought and I could never get involved in such

fresheva:

so were you dating your friend's ex? or did he just propose marriage without some dating?
Re: Is It Right To Marry Your Friend's Ex? Can You? by webman(m): 3:45pm On Oct 30, 2008
YES, I CAN  COZ, THERE IS DIFFERENT BTW BOY-GIRLFRIENDSHIP AND MARRIAGE
Re: Is It Right To Marry Your Friend's Ex? Can You? by tkb417(m): 3:59pm On Oct 30, 2008
marriage is diff from freestyling!!!

But my prayer is that no friend will come and 'sample' the gurl now that shes married.
Re: Is It Right To Marry Your Friend's Ex? Can You? by LadyT(f): 4:02pm On Oct 30, 2008
Nothing wrong with it. If he wanted her he wouldnt have dumped her!
You cannot have a hold over someone you dumped!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please, My Guy, Don't Marry A Jobless Woman / When A Guy Tries To Get Your Attention By Walking Past You Several Times? / Man Almost Died After Being Charged 15k For Haircut In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.