Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,034 members, 7,818,055 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:10 AM

Jonathan: I’ll Pay Any Price For Nigeria To Work - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan: I’ll Pay Any Price For Nigeria To Work (12796 Views)

Jonathan: I’ll Become Peace Ambassador After Leaving Office / Jonathan: I’ll Bring Opposition To My Cabinet If Re-elected / Jonathan: I’ll Pay Any Price To Make Nigeria Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan: I’ll Pay Any Price For Nigeria To Work by omojeje419: 8:19am On Sep 11, 2012
Make we dey c hw e won do am
Re: Jonathan: I’ll Pay Any Price For Nigeria To Work by sebebe(m): 8:40am On Sep 11, 2012
D price is 4 him 2 leave office for nigeria to work!
Re: Jonathan: I’ll Pay Any Price For Nigeria To Work by miteolu(m): 8:46am On Sep 11, 2012
a1solution: I know Jonathan Will surely deliver its just a matter of time.

like 30 years?
Re: Jonathan: I’ll Pay Any Price For Nigeria To Work by Nobody: 9:16am On Sep 11, 2012
'I though he said does not give a DAMN!'*hisses*
let your work speak for you joor!
Re: Jonathan: I’ll Pay Any Price For Nigeria To Work by yanni1(m): 9:17am On Sep 11, 2012
sebebe: D price is 4 him 2 leave office for nigeria to work!

so when he leaves...who takes over?
Re: Jonathan: I’ll Pay Any Price For Nigeria To Work by xtra84: 9:20am On Sep 11, 2012
Just move to maiduguri and stay for the rest of ur tenure and hang otedola/farook, sack d new pamsect with name pej/firstladiiiiiiiiiiiii then i will hell u hero
Re: Jonathan: I’ll Pay Any Price For Nigeria To Work by jamil2(m): 9:23am On Sep 11, 2012
Vegetable soup: so is he saying that he would paid the pricing to made this country best than before? let us seeing as he was going to does it.
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Jonathan: I’ll Pay Any Price For Nigeria To Work by Nobody: 9:43am On Sep 11, 2012
ACM10:

. . .sacrificing his life for Nigeria. Just like Aguiyi Ironsi

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided HOW?
Re: Jonathan: I’ll Pay Any Price For Nigeria To Work by Nobody: 9:54am On Sep 11, 2012
The only price to pay to make Nieria work is to destroy all the corrupt Vagabond that were in power, both their ill gotten wealth and Power. Namely: (You know them all)
Re: Jonathan: I’ll Pay Any Price For Nigeria To Work by DeGrace01(m): 9:54am On Sep 11, 2012
Uncle Jona I trust u ok, my kneels will be on the ground as I pray for u to succeed and shame not only the oppositions bt ur haters. God will surely see you thru. Goodluck Nigeria!!!.
Re: Jonathan: I’ll Pay Any Price For Nigeria To Work by Nobody: 10:13am On Sep 11, 2012
Where is Beaf?
Re: Jonathan: I’ll Pay Any Price For Nigeria To Work by muyenmuyen: 11:09am On Sep 11, 2012
hun-un, I wonder on all these sayings, we are not mu-mu and we are not mu-gu, I would only suggest that it is better said nothing than all this bla-bla-bla-bla of words that carry no power or authority, an adage says for one to use 3yeras on preparation for madness, then how many years would he go for proper madness. I beg Mr. JOE stop all this kajoe
Re: Jonathan: I’ll Pay Any Price For Nigeria To Work by TalkingBird: 11:55am On Sep 11, 2012
gboss4sure:

This is by far the most sensible comment on this thread.

For me I never regret voting GEJ for once cause I knew that I made a choice and I will always stand by my choise come rain come sun.
Is only a fool that will expect GEJ to turn Nigeria around within his 1yr in office while they kept quiet when past leaders was busy running Nigeria down.

For those asking GEJ to resign, if he resign is it ur papa or mama that will become the president, you guys talk as if you can lead an ordinary village group not to talk of a whole country.

This underscores the truthfulness of Jeremiah 10:23 that reads thus
"I well know, O Jehovah, that to earthling man his way does not belong. It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step."
Re: Jonathan: I’ll Pay Any Price For Nigeria To Work by Gelyne: 12:16pm On Sep 11, 2012
lacasa: gringringrin

Dz. Guy needs ϯo кŋσω wen ϯo shut-up

He should кŋσω dat people r tired of empty vows anϑ promises. Action always speaks louder.

He has made promises ϯo stop corruption, boko-haram by (June undecided), ϯo prosecute oil subsidy cabals undecided, ϯo provide jobs, ϯo ensure electoral reforms, ϯo find the root cause of DANA air mishap, ϯo blah, blah, anϑ blaaah!

Ɣou Sir, make empty promises. angry

Ɣou Sir, are a pure FAILURE angry

The best thing He can do now, is ϯo RESIGN due ϯo incompetence. angry
Are u hearing of d so called challenges Nigeria is facing for the first tym?? Do u expect him 2 perform a miracle nd give u your dream Nigeria in less than 3 years?? I don't tink so...try looking for d good in him, for once!
Re: Jonathan: I’ll Pay Any Price For Nigeria To Work by kolokolobi(m): 1:01pm On Sep 11, 2012
I am tired of the empty promises by gej....the simple things like tackle corruption he has failed to do and he will keep whining. it is obvious he does not have the answers to nigeria's issues. Me thinks he should resign. He he even had the advantge of finishing up yar adua's tenure for him to hit the ground running but no....whining and whining and whining
Re: Jonathan: I’ll Pay Any Price For Nigeria To Work by mikeapollo: 2:03pm On Sep 11, 2012
Who is this Jonathan deceiving?

A man who said he 'doesnt give a damn'? Why cant he declare his assets publicly?

Cheap and foolish deception!
Re: Jonathan: I’ll Pay Any Price For Nigeria To Work by banki(m): 4:10pm On Sep 11, 2012
Gelyne: Are u hearing of d so called challenges Nigeria is facing for the first tym?? Do u expect him 2 perform a miracle nd give u your dream Nigeria in less than 3 years?? I don't tink so...try looking for d good in him, for once!

Geylne i agree with you the problems didnt start with him,they would not end with him, but look at this from this point of view, If Nigeria were a company and you are a share holder and the company is not making profit before GEJ became the MD, he was made the Acting MD he is now the MD, and he keeps telling you how he will perform yet your not seeing profit honestly he is our president and he has a lot of goodwill and we love him.

If GEj were to apply for a job as the MD of your company and you were on the board would you employ him, if you would what characteristics would you be looking for to run a company that has so much potential but is weighed by corrupt directors and ethnicity and religion what would you do?
Re: Jonathan: I’ll Pay Any Price For Nigeria To Work by Singalex(m): 4:37pm On Sep 11, 2012
afam4eva: [size=14pt]Resign Sir...[/size]

If he agrees 2 resign can U̶̲̥̅̊ take over?
Re: Jonathan: I’ll Pay Any Price For Nigeria To Work by blackbeau1(f): 5:53pm On Sep 11, 2012
brightmon: Then why cant you fight corruption? Kill corruption and Nigeria will work.
fighting corruption starts with you .
Re: Jonathan: I’ll Pay Any Price For Nigeria To Work by hardbody: 5:58pm On Sep 11, 2012
Euroclydon:
President Goodluck Jonathan Sunday said he was prepared “to pay any price” to ensure that things work well in the country.

He also said would do everything possible to implement all his ongoing reforms in the critical sectors of the country.

The presidential assurance was contained in the goodwill message he sent to the opening ceremony of their second plenary session of the Catholic Bishops Conference of Nigeria (CBCN) at the Mater Dei Cathedral, Umuahia.

Presidential Jonathan’s message, which was delivered by the minister of Labour and Productivity, Chief Emeka Wogu, was full of assurances that everything was on course to pull the nation out of the present malaise.

It was also a vague warning to anti-reform elements as the President insisted that there was no going back on the privatisation of the power sector, adding that “the transformation agenda has reached the point where everybody would be proud that reform has taken place.”

Jonathan, who said he was delighted to have been invited by CBCN to come and “share with them thoughts and vision that guide our nation in the search for development,” said his administration was putting in place superstructures upon which Nigeria would attain greater heights.

He said he was not unmindful of the enormous problems facing the nation, noting that he has been confronting the challenges headlong, citing the youth employment programmes to keep the youths out of crime, the ongoing power sector reforms as well as efforts to tackle the infrastructure deficit across the nation.

Recalling the security challenges facing Nigeria and the rest of world today, Mr. President concluded that “human society today is far from attaining the City of God status as propounded by St Augustine of Hippo.

But he called on the Catholic Bishops to continue in their prayers so that the nation can overcome the critical challenges threatening the peaceful co-existence of citizens, adding that his administration was on its own committed to the building of an egalitarian society.

“This administration will always stand for the truth, peace and justice,” the President said. He quoted some passages from the Holy Bible as he urged Nigerians to learn to love one another and live in harmony in the pluralistic society.

Earlier in his address, the president of CBCN and Catholic
Bishop of Jos Diocese, Most Rev Ignatius Kaigama, called for a lasting solution to the senseless killings of Christians and other innocent citizens in the northern parts of the country, saying that patience was being overstretched.

“The patience of Christians, especially in the North has been tried and tested for too long now. We ask that the reckless attacks on them and other innocent Nigerians be brought to a halt, through the proper use of security intelligence/expertise available to government and security agencies both within and beyond Nigeria,” he said.

He lamented the ease with which people acquire dangerous weapons due largely to the country’s porous borders hence the bomb explosions and gun attacks that have remained unabated.

“The explosive devices have become like toys used at will and local and sophisticated arms escape our sea ports, land borders and find their way into the hands of criminals and hoodlums; it is a cause of very great concern,” the CBCN President said.
According to him, the apparently unchecked flow of arms and ammunition and the attendant killings have made “most Nigerians wonder whether we are on top of the situation as usually claimed” by government and security agencies.

However, Bishop Kaigama assured that the Catholic Bishops and the faithful were committed to a united and peaceful Nigeria despite the blood lettings of Christians and would continue to pray for the men of violence to change their ways and learn to love.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/jonathan-i-ll-pay-any-price-to-make-nigeria-work/124542/

It is simple. I request that he pays 'the supreme sacrifice' and Nigeria will immediately blossom and start working.
Re: Jonathan: I’ll Pay Any Price For Nigeria To Work by afrikanns: 12:32am On Sep 12, 2012
Una hear, @ what time (Egbo, la ago melo)?
Re: Jonathan: I’ll Pay Any Price For Nigeria To Work by boads: 1:28am On Sep 12, 2012
GEJ fight corruption,and nigeria will work
Re: Jonathan: I’ll Pay Any Price For Nigeria To Work by dasparrow: 4:05am On Sep 12, 2012
@Post

I truly think that GEJ means well. However, I do think that though he has an idea of what it is he would like to do to move Nigeria forward, he does not know how to go about it. Furthermore, GEJ lacks the guts needed to lead a complicated multi-ethnic country like Nigeria. In order to excel in cut throat Nigerian politics, one must develop a thick skin. GEJ is too soft, lacks the guts to move Nigeria forward and does not possess good leadership skills. Hence, all his constant promises are beginning to fall on deaf ears.
Re: Jonathan: I’ll Pay Any Price For Nigeria To Work by T9ksy(m): 10:17am On Sep 12, 2012
ACM10:

. . .sacrificing his life for Nigeria. Just like Aguiyi Ironsi

LIAR LIAR!Ironsi did no such thing
Re: Jonathan: I’ll Pay Any Price For Nigeria To Work by Nobody: 6:42pm On Sep 12, 2012
King Solomon I:

i wonder what the ultimate price is my brother...

The price of Garri... grin grin grin

Benchmark for other foodstuff.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Suntai Ignored Hired Pilot’s Warning —report / Oil Barons ‘Threaten Okonjo-Iweala’s Life’ / Listen To Trending Atiku Presidential Campaign Song #atikulation (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.