Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,604 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help (24293 Views)

My Marriage Is Crashing, I Think I Hate Him...Help / My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME / How Virginity Almost Destroyed My Marriage - Thanks To Nlanders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by amsky(m): 10:02pm On Jan 23, 2008
d reloaded dont get what you mean.pls kindly explain.what's the link to the female circumsicion thread?
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by Dreloaded(f): 10:46pm On Jan 23, 2008
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by member67023: 12:12pm On Jan 24, 2008
@ d reloaded, do not change the topic.

@ Shapey and amsky, I am looking forward to your last post on this thread.

That will show you have everything under control God is in Control.

Jisike. Chukwu gozie unu.
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by Dreloaded(f): 4:08pm On Jan 24, 2008
Not changing anything.

Everything that happened, I predicted from page 1. No be nigeria and Nigerians? please.
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by amsky(m): 4:57pm On Jan 24, 2008
yeah guys how are we'all doing?the soceress of a sister in law has been slammed with a restraning order-earlier than we thought,and as for shapey,she'll be moving back to her home tonight.her husband must be having a hard time digesting what has just gone on.but like i always say there's always a lesson to learn.shapey is with her husband,the guy is desprately trying to win her heart back.
and i'm busy getting jealous sad wink

1 Like

Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by amsky(m): 5:08pm On Jan 24, 2008
d-reloaded are you a seer??
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by Dreloaded(f): 5:21pm On Jan 24, 2008
amsky:

yeah guys how are we'all doing?the soceress of a sister in law has been slammed with a restraning order-earlier than we thought,and as for shapey,she'll be moving back to her home tonight.her husband must be having a hard time digesting what has just gone on.but like i always say there's always a lesson to learn.shapey is with her husband,the guy is desprately trying to win her heart back.
and i'm busy getting jealous sad wink

Lol. Thank God. smiley They shouldnt even let her know they have a restraining order against her. Anytime she's near they should just call the cops. Psycho tart.

amsky, just that some Nigerian situations are so predictable. Like I said, I'm mostly happy for shapey that she and her husband mostly patched things up before going to Nigeria.
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by joshjosh(m): 5:46pm On Jan 24, 2008
if you bothered to check you would have seen this was my very first statement on female circumcision.
(m) england Posts: 189 Re: Female Circumcision: what's wrong with it? « #11 on: October 13, 2005, 10:51 PM » mmmmmmmmm if you thought education was expensive try ignorance they say. illeteracy which is not just lack of education is a very cruel thing. it rubs one of dignity and decency. i am not for any form of mutilation.

note the date and my words very well. you obviously have not noticed that because you are so worked up being angry over what i can't even understand. listen we are Africans. there are some things our people do that some of us may not approve of that doesn't make them evil.

i personally don't like vindictive and argumentative people but i let them be because the only person they hurt is themselves. you don't know me personally. the fact that you can go into October, 2005 to make your silly point says something very nice about you. as you know i promised not to comment on anything you say but i just had to post that comment so people see your point. by the way you don't have to win every argument.

if God spare you the next 500 alive there would still be groups of people doing circumcisions. it is not because they want to mutilate their kids that is what is difficult for the sex obsessed people to believe. but that is the truth.

this is th whole of my first article on the subject and 2yrs later i still stand by it.

[b]
Re: Female Circumcision: what's wrong with it?
« #11 on: October 13, 2005, 10:51 PM »
Modify message
mmmmmmmmm if you thought education was expensive try ignorance they say. illeteracy which is not just lack of education is a very cruel thing. it rubs one of dignity and decency. i am not for any form of mutilation.

i must ask how some of you knew the aim of circumcission which is done not only for female both male kids too. so uncircumcised sisters enjoy sex than circumcised sisters? i don't think so. well you tell me. i have not finished my education

as far as i know almost every girl i grew up with in my area were circumcised and i know too that they were sexually active even before 15. when i went to the boarding house at around 11/12yrs of age most of the girls that came into school with us were almost glorified prostitutes including the ones you would say were villagers.

in my five years at secondary school, i cannot remember any girl apart from the token SU and the deeper life people that were not sexually active. and since you asked the teachers took them as ex-gratia payment for their services to the education of the nation. i wish some of those people can be jailed but looking back most of those "repressed circumcised" were willing participants and i just asked my 2 sisters who were with me at school then as senior and junior too. some of these alleged sexually repressed babes ended up marrying these monsters any way.

ok i hear that people are not enjoying sex because of some clit being cut. please give me a break. where did you guys grow up? you mean to convince me most women we have in nigeria are sexually frustrated? i don't buy that. i always thought sex was more than the joystick being in the right place business.

again i am not saying any one should be circumcised but i don't buy the idea that libido drops because some skin has been stretched. and i suggest it is mostly done to make that part of the anatomy look beautiful and since you ask this is one of the thing that attracts the white people to the black woman. i am not charging for this info. if you have seen most caucasian parts you will thank God for these things.

for those of you in the know. most uncircumcised willy and xxxxxxxxx looks unsightly in my opinion. i don't believe everything african custom and practice is bad. the lovely ms winfrey and her group don't have answers to all things black. circumcision started way back biblical times.

now if you are married go celebrate the tonight if you are not good things come to those who wait. sex is not all it is cooked up by the media to be. we have only one life let's use it well. there is more to life's beauty and joy than sex. and o sex in its right context and enviroment is great. oooo thanks be to good for the great things He has done. only a wise God like Him could have created something so pleasurable cut or no cut. i hope i didnt spoil any one.

have a good evening
[/b]
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by Dreloaded(f): 5:52pm On Jan 24, 2008
joshjosh:

ifthere would still be groups of people doing circumcisions. it is not because they want to mutilate their kids that is what is difficult for the sex obsessed people to believe. but that is the truth.

Yes because only "sex-obsessed" people are against destroying the female body. Just look at the garbage, "just because skin has been streched", you are really comparing destroying the nerves in the clit to "skin streching", It's SO obviously how ignorant you are on this topic. You're mentally twisted and there's no point in discussing this with you. All the Jesus talk in the world isnt going to change that.

Who cares if this was written in 2005, your stance obviously hasnt changed hence the incredibly idiotic statement you just made. Only reason I brought it up is because amsky and co were wishing women on you whereas i wouldnt wish my worse enemy to be with you or to even have a daughter WITH you.

Anyway back to topic. Witch is gone and a home has been saved. Wishing shapey and co all the best in their marriage.
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by pahtahkee: 5:57pm On Jan 24, 2008
D-reloaded:

Only reason I brought it up is because amsky and co were wishing women on you whereas i wouldnt wish my worse enemy to be with you or to even have a daughter WITH you.

This is why my cousin likes you so much. cool
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by Dreloaded(f): 5:59pm On Jan 24, 2008
Lmao paraki, who is this your cousin? tongue
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by pahtahkee: 6:04pm On Jan 24, 2008
In fact the guy no let me rest oh! Everyday he is on the fone with moi, asking how far with you grin

I told him to go and sleep. But he wont let me rest. embarassed
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by Dreloaded(f): 6:10pm On Jan 24, 2008
paraki, you don start again with your vague reponses. what happened to you being SANE this new year cheesy kiss

anyway sha, tell that your cousin that he is a pansy for running to you instead of asking moi tongue
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by pahtahkee: 6:16pm On Jan 24, 2008
You know how it is with me nowwwwwwwww tongue

When love talks happen, sanity no gree enter that one tongue

Well he is not a pansy, but he greatly respects/adore/admire you from afar. Just wondering whether you do be. . . . . . . . . tongue kiss
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by Dreloaded(f): 7:01pm On Jan 24, 2008
again only a pansy does things from afar tongue

Just wondering whether you do be.

Me I no understand this your grammar sha. tongue

greetings to SHIM sha grin
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by joshjosh(m): 7:02pm On Jan 24, 2008
if men were God those lovely car stickers used to say.

the good Lord has blessed me with an incredibly gorgeous and fabulous lady. she doesn't do strife,arguments. she a very Godly friend and business woman. you see the Lord i know doesn't judge Christianity with sexual satisfaction. thankfully my in-laws are very wonderful to me too. they are very much like a second parents to me.

check what garry smalley said in his website today

http://www.smalleyonline.com/articles/truth/relationshipothers2.html

The truth is what we often call "needs" normally better fit the category of "wants." We want others to respect us, admire us, and need us. But are those true needs? No one can meet all our needs aside from God himself. If you depend on a spouse to meet your "needs," you set yourself up for trouble. The relationship becomes an unhealthy, codependent one. Your fulfillment is emphatically not the job of someone else. God has given this job to you, and only you can shoulder it. God has promised to meet all of your needs. You are the one who cooperates with him and receives his riches as he gives them.

Have you believed the lie?

How will you look to God to fill your needs, rather than others?

He will give you all you need from day to day if you make the Kingdom of God your primary concern.
Luke 12:31
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by pahtahkee: 7:10pm On Jan 24, 2008
D-reloaded:

again only a pansy does things from afar  tongue

Me I no understand this your grammar sha.  tongue

greetings to SHIM sha  grin

I have relayed your message to him. He feels ashamed for not stepping up to you all the while. He says, he wishes you all the best oh. I told him you are no longer on the market sales. Seeing that you are now tied to someone on this forum as shown heretongue
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by Dreloaded(f): 7:20pm On Jan 24, 2008
paraki, are you not Yoruba? Since have the women been stripped of the opportunity to choose? People can claim, I mean who wouldnt? No be me? tongue but the best man and MY CHOICE wins in the very end  cool

That pansy can gerraway though since he has sent you to do his dirty work. We Ekitis don't deal with cowards anyway  grin

I wish shim luck. Maybe next time.  kiss
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by Dreloaded(f): 7:23pm On Jan 24, 2008
JoshJosh can continue with his sheep in wolves clothing preaching, not gonna change the fact that he is a demented soul that should never have daughters. Ami.

Satan sef was once an angel. Oniranu.
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by pahtahkee: 7:27pm On Jan 24, 2008
D-reloaded:

paraki, are you not Yoruba? Since have the women been stripped of the opportunity to choose? People can claim, I mean who wouldnt? No be me?  tongue but the best man and MY CHOICE wins in the very end  cool

That pansy can gerraway though since he has sent you to do his dirty work. We Ekitis don't deal with cowards anyway  grin

I wish shim luck. Maybe next time.  kiss

So you are Ekitiparapo too shocked cheesy

After your response, I called him and told him off! angry kiss I don't know his next plan of action, but I hope he becomes a man and adequately respond to this challenge you have thrown to him. I wish D also the best of struggle as he tussles in this battle. Both the participants are people I know deledele.

Nothing spoil sha. May the best man win. tongue kiss
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by amsky(m): 7:29pm On Jan 24, 2008
d-reloaded!!!!!!!!!!1 that was not a nice thing to say please.kindly take back your words.
we gain nothing by being this way.please.

joshjosh how are  you?i never knew you were married o.congratulations to you and your wife.take care and all the best.
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by Dreloaded(f): 7:41pm On Jan 24, 2008
Paraki, My papa was president of that organization for 3 years jare. Ekiti Kete  grin tongue We no deal with cowards! shio

amsky, yes joshjosh was quite supportive of your cousin's plight which was nice, I wont deny that and I can see how you are grateful and such even though he's not the only one who did.

But a person who can run their mouth about female circumsion and act like it's "no big deal" is a BARBARIAN in my book and I have no respect for such a person. It's very obvious he doesnt know what he's talkkng about and instead of admitting it, he has the audacity to try to argue with me. He can keep trying to fool himself and others but I can see through his nonsense. All his passage quoting and parables arent going to change anything.

Alailojuti.
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by shapey(f): 7:55pm On Jan 24, 2008
hi people.d-reloaded what's going on?why are you on joshjosh's neck like this now eh.
pls chill out.

okay guys,i've been with my husband all through the day-we are still a bit like strangers.you know just like we are getting to know each toher again.the sister knows about the restraining order.her brother told her and she was speechless.we'll be going back home tomorrow.we are still in my cousin's place-no food in my house.
we have also decided to start trying for babies-just one anyway. cheesy. i'm looking forward to a new beginning,and you guys on nairaland will also take credit for that.i would never have done it without you.i've introduced my hubby to this site,and when he's got the time,he'll visit.

amsky has done alot for me in the past ffew weeks.she has done more that i could ever imagine.herself and her husband are the rock that i can always lean on.i dont know what i'll do to show her how grateful i am. kiss
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by pahtahkee: 7:58pm On Jan 24, 2008
D-reloaded:

Paraki, My papa was president of that organization for 3 years jare. Ekiti Kete  grin tongue We no deal with cowards! shio
Shior to you too  kiss

I have done my own part. It is left for my cousin to do the rest. As they say it in Yoruba, 'ti oko ba mo aya tan, alarin-na a yago' cheesy Meaning: tongue

Ekiti parapo oh! It seems Ogun indigenes are now gunning for Ekiti girls cool
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by joshjosh(m): 8:06pm On Jan 24, 2008
it is okay. it is an open forum. everyone is entitled to their opinions. curses do not come without cause so we let the cursing curse because they love it. it is sad some people want everyone to be of their opinion about everything yet have the grace to criticize others doing the same thing with their sons and daughters. people the world over do what they do. informed or not. it doesnt make them evil that is my believe and i stand by that always

i wlll be married this june. am i not permitted to call them inlaws just yet? anyway if i am not yet one i just have 5months away.

shapey/ amsky you can always visit garry smalleys website he has so many materials that will bless you greatly.

this story has ended the way we want it all this side drama is just childs play. i didn't know cutting off clitoris affects the brain like this for years.

1 Like

Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by Dreloaded(f): 8:14pm On Jan 24, 2008
Same way he believes that such an action is "fine to do to women", I have the same right to believe he's evil. Like he said we are all entitled to our opinions, abi? A dupe. We thank God for that

shapey:

okay guys,i've been with my husband all through the day-we are still a bit like strangers.you know just like we are getting to know each toher again.the sister knows about the restraining order.her brother told her and she was speechless.we'll be going back home tomorrow.we are still in my cousin's place-no food in my house.
we have also decided to start trying for babies-just one anyway. cheesy. i'm looking forward to a new beginning,and you guys on nairaland will also take credit for that.i would never have done it without you.i've introduced my hubby to this site,and when he's got the time,he'll visit.

It's a good thing you live around supportive family members, most women in these kinda situations have to deal with it alone sad
Lol being the one that likes watching drama, his siter not knowing about the order until she tried her madness would have been quite amusing but at least she knows and maybe now she'll behave herself. Luckily in England they respect the laws, she'll remember that she's not in Nigeria if she wants to try any nonsense angry

Best wishes with the new beginning. if you like you can name the baby after me. tongue
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by amsky(m): 8:59pm On Jan 24, 2008
shapey baby where in this queen's land are you?pls come here fast fast.okay now to how you can repay me-----report here on saturday morning(with the 1st bus o)then babysit for me while i have sometime chilling with my 'brother',or take me to eurodisney with you grin grin grin grin grin. you had better choose one.na by mouth?
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by RichyBlacK(m): 1:40am On Jan 25, 2008
D-reloaded]
Lol. Thank God. Smiley They shouldnt even let her know they have a restraining order against her. Anytime she's near they should just call the cops. Psycho tart.
[/quote]

Highly absurd. Unless the restraining order (RO) is filed ex parte, the affected party must be informed by the courts of the injunction. Ex parte motions are limited and do not impose additional penalties just because the party it was filed against was not given advance notice of the injunction.

[quote author=shapey:

the sister knows about the restraining order.her brother told her and she was speechless.

Implies that an ex parte injunction was filed. Though the sister-in-law was not given advanced notice of the injunction, the court would have notified her in writing of the injunction.

D-reloaded:

Lol being the one that likes watching drama, his siter not knowing about the order until she tried her madness would have been quite amusing but at least she knows and maybe now she'll behave herself. Luckily in England they respect the laws, she'll remember that she's not in Nigeria if she wants to try any nonsense angry

Calling the police on her at that point (when she violates an injunction unknown to her) would have done nothing, except that the police would notify her of the injunction (by given her a written copy) and escorting her away from the premises (no extra penalties).

English common law (important seeds in the laws of Nigeria, UK and the US) operates under the principle of fairness, thankfully.
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by RichyBlacK(m): 1:48am On Jan 25, 2008
@shapey, amsky,

I'm happy things are looking up. Shapey, you should concentrate on your man and forget in-laws, both his and yours, for now. Work through things and keep being the good, hardworking and obedient wife you've always been. Best wishes.
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by Iman3(m): 2:04am On Jan 25, 2008
@RichyBlack

You seem to know a wee bit about restraining orders,any chance you have been at the receiving end of one? grin grin

Can there be any scenario in which the subject of a restraining order can be kept uninformed about the order? undecided What will then be the purpose of the order in the first place ?
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by RichyBlacK(m): 2:10am On Jan 25, 2008
joshjosh:
note the date and my words very well. you obviously have not noticed that because you are so worked up being angry over what i can't even understand. listen we are Africans. there are some things our people do that some of us may not approve of that doesn't make them evil.

i personally don't like vindictive and argumentative people but i let them be because the only person they hurt is themselves. you don't know me personally. the fact that you can go into October, 2005 to make your silly point says something very nice about you. as you know i promised not to comment on anything you say but i just had to post that comment so people see your point. by the way you don't have to win every argument.

if God spare you the next 500 alive there would still be groups of people doing circumcisions. it is not because they want to mutilate their kids that is what is difficult for the sex obsessed people to believe. but that is the truth.

this is th whole of my first article on the subject and 2yrs later i still stand by it.

joshjosh:
Re: Female Circumcision: what's wrong with it?
« #11 on: October 13, 2005, 10:51 PM »
Modify message
mmmmmmmmm if you thought education was expensive try ignorance they say. illeteracy which is not just lack of education is a very cruel thing. it rubs one of dignity and decency. i am not for any form of mutilation.

i must ask how some of you knew the aim of circumcission which is done not only for female both male kids too. so uncircumcised sisters enjoy sex than circumcised sisters? i don't think so. well you tell me. i have not finished my education

as far as i know almost every girl i grew up with in my area were circumcised and i know too that they were sexually active even before 15. when i went to the boarding house at around 11/12yrs of age most of the girls that came into school with us were almost glorified prostitutes including the ones you would say were villagers.

in my five years at secondary school, i cannot remember any girl apart from the token SU and the deeper life people that were not sexually active. and since you asked the teachers took them as ex-gratia payment for their services to the education of the nation. i wish some of those people can be jailed but looking back most of those "repressed circumcised" were willing participants and i just asked my 2 sisters who were with me at school then as senior and junior too. some of these alleged sexually repressed babes ended up marrying these monsters any way.

ok i hear that people are not enjoying sex because of some clit being cut. please give me a break. where did you guys grow up? you mean to convince me most women we have in nigeria are sexually frustrated? i don't buy that. i always thought sex was more than the joystick being in the right place business.

again i am not saying any one should be circumcised but i don't buy the idea that libido drops because some skin has been stretched. and i suggest it is mostly done to make that part of the anatomy look beautiful and since you ask this is one of the thing that attracts the white people to the black woman. i am not charging for this info. if you have seen most caucasian parts you will thank God for these things.

for those of you in the know. most uncircumcised willy and xxxxxxxxx looks unsightly in my opinion. i don't believe everything african custom and practice is bad. the lovely ms winfrey and her group don't have answers to all things black. circumcision started way back biblical times.

now if you are married go celebrate the tonight if you are not good things come to those who wait. sex is not all it is cooked up by the media to be. we have only one life let's use it well. there is more to life's beauty and joy than sex. and o sex in its right context and enviroment is great. oooo thanks be to good for the great things He has done. only a wise God like Him could have created something so pleasurable cut or no cut. i hope i didnt spoil any one.

have a good evening

@joshjosh,
I see your point. The West sometimes try to paint EVERY aspect of our culture and tradition as bad. I agree some of customs are plain old senseless, however, you find stupid norms and mores in every culture - Africa, West, East, etc. On female circumcision, some misinformed feminists have hijacked the good cause of equal rights for women, to further a known agenda. Not all female circumcision is bad, however, ultra-left elements in Western societies with glaring ignorance of societies beyond their shores believe all women outside Western societies are suffering. Pathetic!

We should continue to clamp down on aspects of our culture that are wicked, senseless and barbaric, but still have the wherewithal to uphold those that do no harm to anyone.
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by Iman3(m): 2:14am On Jan 25, 2008
RichyBlacK:

@shapey, amsky,

I'm happy things are looking up. Shapey, you should concentrate on your man and forget in-laws, both his and yours, for now. Work through things and keep being the good, hardworking and obedient wife you've always been. Best wishes.

This idea that a good wife has to be obedient irritates me.Obedient to who?Many women are more intelligent than their male partners.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Checkout Lovely Picture Of Four Generations Of My Family / Woman And Her 4 Children Burnt In Anambra After Fire Outbreak. Graphic Photos / Benue Pastor And Wife Welcome Twins After 18 Years Of Waiting (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.