Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

Atonement - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Atonement (1564 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atonement by AmakaG29(f): 4:07am On Sep 11, 2012
I hurt someone and caused that person to be very angry with me. What's the best way to apologize and make amends?
Re: Atonement by DExplorer1: 4:29am On Sep 11, 2012
Knowing that someone is knowing the means to apologize. So lass, who's the someone?
Re: Atonement by Flygerian1(m): 4:38am On Sep 11, 2012
Simply walk up to him and say "I'm sorry".
Re: Atonement by Mynd44: 6:15am On Sep 11, 2012
Kneel down to him and say sorry or else you are not really sorry
Re: Atonement by mo2raur(f): 7:36am On Sep 11, 2012
Mynd_44: Kneel down to him and say sorry or else you are not really sorry
Him ke? She didnt mention whether him or her. Are u now a mind reader? And y kneelin down.
@poster: tel d persn u r sorry genuinely.
Re: Atonement by Mynd44: 7:39am On Sep 11, 2012
Since it has been said that kneeling shows remorse, she should
Re: Atonement by DExplorer1: 7:46am On Sep 11, 2012
Mynd_44: Since it has been said that kneeling shows remorse, she should
Guy, don't disturb your head.
- Who was offended (he/she)?
- What's the magnitude of offence?
Some cases "i'm sorry" is just too weak to change things and bring it to normal.
Re: Atonement by Mynd44: 7:48am On Sep 11, 2012
Then she should prostrate
Re: Atonement by Riskyman(m): 7:54am On Sep 11, 2012
Walk up to the person with a poker face and say, i did it and i will do it again. undecided

The person will kn you r really sorry
Re: Atonement by Nobody: 8:32am On Sep 11, 2012
Amaka G29:
I hurt someone and caused that person to be very angry with me. What's the best way to apologize and make amends?
kai, amaka just dissappear kan re-appear cheesy is there any better way of apologising than saying sorry.. If u want to apologise in a big way, figure out what the person like and get it for him/her and tag it along with an Apology card.. This one that u're so worried abt the person, is quite interesting. Mouth sealed

Cheers
Re: Atonement by NoblePromise(m): 12:00am On Sep 16, 2012
It's ironic to read this Amaka, considering a month ago I was on this exact same forum asking the exact the same thing. The girl, when she was fed up, decided to completely cut me off. I remember, waking up every night at 4am clutching my heart, tears pouring down my face praying to every God: Jesus, Jehovah, Buddha, for this pain to go away. I heard from our friends for three weeks about how she was systematically ripping me out of her life. I, the guy who spent nine months with her, gave my life to her & she to me, living together like we were married, was being treated like some kind of doggone fool.

I went to Twitter to write log all the pain, so I wouldn't forget it. I remember typing this out on my phone at 4am, screen fuzzy from the salty droplets:

"Im so miserable. ive haven't felt like this since my heart was broken at 16. And I didn't start to get over that until her."

“I know you've been hurt by someone else.
I can tell by the way you carry yourself.
If you let me, here's what I'll do
I'll take care of you”

I can hear her voice in these lyrics every time I listen to this song and it hurts like hell to know how much of a lie it all was.

So yeah, that’s where you left me at, Amaka. You left me in a world where I experience awkward moments when I want to call you and I realize I can’t. When I look at a picture of 2Pac & Jada and grimace, when I can’t even think about Harlem, my birthday, I can’t even think about my entire last year without feeling an overwhelming sense of fraud, heightened by when you posted on Facebook less than a month after our relationship ...

What’s crazy is, you told J that I tracked you down at DeltaNic? I was completely against going. J dragged me to that event and I just like I PROMISED you I stayed as far away from you as I could. When he went over to embrace you, he was telling me to come with him and I said "No. I'm respecting her space because that's what she wants." There was nothing I wanted more in that moment then to walk over and ask you how you were doing, whether or not you were prepared for interviews, kid you for being out and partying like always rather than hitting the books like necessary.

You were my best friend, my closest partner, and you turned your back on me. When you would play Monica's Before You Walk Out Of My Life, and lay in bed face in your pillow anytime I was through with our relationship, I stayed. When my homeboys were telling me I was getting played, I stayed. When you were kneeling in front of me, twists sticking to your face from the tears pouring from your eyes pleading with me to not give up on you, I STAYED! But you sat there and listened to people, people who have no love for me or really no love for you and hurt someone who would've given their life for you. But most importantly, you made a choice. It was your choice. You chose to break every promise. Every. Single One.

After weeks and weeks of trying to figure out what to do, walking around the city lost, completely alone, scared... I decided that my resolve would be to commit myself to making myself more successful than you will ever be. To commit the full range of my resources to accomplish more than you will ever. Four or five years from now, you're going to hear my name everyday. It'll be a constant reminder of who you discarded like trash. You're going to see the full flourishing of my potential. And you're going to sit there like Daisy, with your child and your stupid husband, someone you don't even love just used for him to pay for things, and remember. Remember forever.

All I asked from you was for you to keep your promise & talk to me on August 15th. I was fully committed to leaving you alone for a YEAR if necessary just for you recover from our Summer, to heal, and to be able to finish what you needed to. Now your best friend is no longer your partner, your support, your confidant. Now I'm your competition. And I will win. I promise you that.

Amaka G29:
Re: Atonement by Youngpo413: 7:13pm On Nov 10, 2014
^^ This is serious... pls take heart bro..

(1) (Reply)

Love Letter Hot Lines And Swags And Regrets ! / Love Is Blind (SEE) / Before You Ask Your Girlfriend To Marry You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.