Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,389 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:18 AM

Robbers Monitored Police With Stolen Walkie-talkies –source - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Robbers Monitored Police With Stolen Walkie-talkies –source (12740 Views)

Nigerian Police With Big Stomach- Can He Still Do His Job? See Photo / Picture Of A Man Running With Stolen Ballot Box / FG To Reform Police With N1.5trn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Robbers Monitored Police With Stolen Walkie-talkies –source by Esss(m): 11:21am On Sep 11, 2012
ocelot2006: I can't say I'm suprised. Signals transmitted by CB radios used by the NPF are not encrypted. All you have to do is tune into the correct frequency, and you're in. You'll think the engineers at the Force's Signals dept will at least adapt techniques like Frequency Hopping or Direct Spread Spectrum. But nope.

Honest to God, I dont know what all that technical shiit you said there means, but I can tell you for free that the only time that police radios work are when the Governor or the President is around.. Infact, I can almost swear that the few policemen lucky to get a radio use it to listen to Rhythm 93.7 FM... grin

Dude, there is no such thing as Police signals department.. Last time I was at State CID in Rivers State, I happened to stumble upon their telephone exchange room and the room was so dirty that it was a dumpsite for all the clutter in the station and the exchange equipment itself looked like a dead relic..

1 Like

Re: Robbers Monitored Police With Stolen Walkie-talkies –source by mmmustapha(m): 11:22am On Sep 11, 2012
Rubbish, govt r busy fighting small rubbers dat r unemployed while our so called leaders r stealing billions, who r d real thiefs?
Re: Robbers Monitored Police With Stolen Walkie-talkies –source by mmmustapha(m): 11:23am On Sep 11, 2012
Rubbish, govt r busy fighting small rubbers dat r unemployed while our so called leaders r stealing billions, who r d real thiefs?
Re: Robbers Monitored Police With Stolen Walkie-talkies –source by Adanyebe(m): 11:23am On Sep 11, 2012
too bad you cant guarantee urself any security in this country even for the fact we have the best military forces in Africa. i think the police have shown high susceptibility in areas of security in this country. well is not their fault, their salary is not worth dyeing for.
Re: Robbers Monitored Police With Stolen Walkie-talkies –source by Nobody: 11:24am On Sep 11, 2012
Its an old trick usually used by smart and tactically sound robbers around the world.

I think the Nigerian Police should already have a counter action in place in case something like this happen.

To talk about thinking in advance.
Re: Robbers Monitored Police With Stolen Walkie-talkies –source by doctokwus: 11:29am On Sep 11, 2012
So d police formation relays to anoda officer on d field via walkie talkie dat so so other patrol team are in so so area,lol.Evn in advanced countries information passed tru d radio is ony used to summon patrol officers 2 d likely location of robbers,not where other patrol teams are;so where is dis man getting his own idea from.Sometimes statements issued by some pple in authority are so comical u wonder if dey are evn aware of wat dey actually sed.
Re: Robbers Monitored Police With Stolen Walkie-talkies –source by AyaSammy(f): 11:30am On Sep 11, 2012
Esss: I dont know wether to believe this story or laugh at it..

Since when did Police radios start working?!

And why is it that everytime robbers succeed, they blame it on the calibre of weapons the robbers were wielding?!

For bleeps sakes, they are the police?! They should be experts with their weapons?! Instead what we see are cases of accidental discharge victims and cases of stray bullets. A well trained marksman with a catapult can fell a dummy with a GPMG. Its all about precision not the size of the weapon.

True talk, cos it's not how much but how well.
Re: Robbers Monitored Police With Stolen Walkie-talkies –source by Nobody: 11:33am On Sep 11, 2012
::gsmcoder:::
Very possible. But the police can use what is called Vox function to reprogram their radios.
anyone monitoring the channels will only hear a rainy sound not voice. common we can do better than this.
The police should have internet repeaters which can be tracked and monitored by the way the cva system used in
programming the radios already has a voice scrambler. They can simply enter the missing device id and scrammble
the channels. abi police no know which of their radio dey miss?
olodo ni awon olopa! Dem no sabi dis thing you write o!
Re: Robbers Monitored Police With Stolen Walkie-talkies –source by Nobody: 11:36am On Sep 11, 2012
How many of these so called Nigerian Policemen are good "Marksmen"?

Training is what these folks need. They cannot combat these menaces effectively when they're still using old tactics from the '80s.

Surely, the Government is always on top of the situation. angry
Re: Robbers Monitored Police With Stolen Walkie-talkies –source by AyaSammy(f): 11:37am On Sep 11, 2012
BeraBera: The Nigerian Police needs to sit up, ordinary armed robbers, they cannot catch. After wrecking all the havock they wrecked, they were still able to escape. Na wa oh. By the way, I heard that some policemen sell/lease guns to armed robbers, is it true?

Nawa oo, If u ask me, na who i go ask, the mata we see sooo, e tey wen start,
cos nobe go talk am, eh eavy for mouth, if u ask me, the mata
for ground, NA WHO I GO ASK.
Re: Robbers Monitored Police With Stolen Walkie-talkies –source by igbsam(m): 11:38am On Sep 11, 2012
Esss:

Honest to God, I dont know what all that technical shiit you said there means, but I can tell you for free that the only time that police radios work are when the Governor or the President is around.. Infact, I can almost swear that the few policemen lucky to get a radio use it to listen to Rhythm 93.7 FM... grin

Dude, there is no such thing as Police signals department.. Last time I was at State CID in Rivers State, I happened to stumble upon their telephone exchange room and the room was so dirty that it was a dumpsite for all the clutter in the station and the exchange equipment itself looked like a dead relic..
My brother, come to Agege police station come see radio or exchange equipment, e be like wetin welder carve. u need to see the dead radio wey their DPO dey use listen to this hausa channel, because e be like the man na hausa man. Na FM him dey use him Radio listen to. Not to talk of say e dey work. Nigerian Police Force is a joke. Petty thieves sef no dey fear them again.
Re: Robbers Monitored Police With Stolen Walkie-talkies –source by ocelot2006(m): 11:47am On Sep 11, 2012
Esss:

Dude, my family serve in the force. There is a Signals dept in the NPF, with each state having its own unit (code name: CONTROL). Those Motorola CB radios you see in patrol vehicles, or radio towers and VSAT dishes at state HQs and FHQ are not for show. They work VERY well. But like I said, there CB radio communications are not encrypted, and that's a big problem.
Re: Robbers Monitored Police With Stolen Walkie-talkies –source by maclatunji: 11:49am On Sep 11, 2012
The Nigerian Police use walkie talkies now, just like LASTMA.
Re: Robbers Monitored Police With Stolen Walkie-talkies –source by Esss(m): 11:50am On Sep 11, 2012
ocelot2006:

Dude, my family serve in the force. There is a Signals dept in the NPF, with each state having its own unit (code name: CONTROL). Those Motorola CB radios you see in patrol vehicles, or radio towers and VSAT dishes at state HQs and FHQ are not for show. They work VERY well. But like I said, there CB radio communications are not encrypted, and that's a big problem.

REALLY?!

So you mean that those radios really work!?!

Okay, what about the poice exchange?! Like whats the police emergency shortcode?! Like our 911 or 999?
Re: Robbers Monitored Police With Stolen Walkie-talkies –source by buJu234: 11:54am On Sep 11, 2012
one of the best way to combat crime is not by placing police wagon on the street but its by intelligence.

the police intelligence agency called the C.I.D should put more men; scattered in the communities.

even mixed up with the very baddest area boys...

I tell u the truth; b4 a crime is committed the police has already arrested the criminals..
Re: Robbers Monitored Police With Stolen Walkie-talkies –source by totorimi: 11:56am On Sep 11, 2012
What sort of excuse is this for ineptitude and incompetence. Robbers operated for almost 2hrs and escaped without any arrest or casualty on their side and the police caught pants down in a mega city like Lagos.

No lets close shop the country is gone. So why are we complaining when a complete human being disappears without a trace. Lets face it we dont have any police everybody should exercise some form of security and forget the brouhaha called police. I am certain those robbers did this to rubbish all the noise making armored tank and patrol that they have been busy stealing money in the name of policing the state.

Everybody must practice self caution and be security concious. Have you wondered why when you have a case with some one and you say you are going to call police that case becomes fierce because the person knows you have just lost that case.
Useless bunch called police. Police ko police ni. Like GEJ like police.
Re: Robbers Monitored Police With Stolen Walkie-talkies –source by omoabike: 11:57am On Sep 11, 2012
This is crap!! Since when does monitoring Police radio communication stops police anywhere apprehending criminals?
From anywhere in the world, I can monitor Radio communication of lots of Police Departments in the US using a perfectly legal app on my phone called 5-0 Police Scanner http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/5-0-radio-police-scanner/id334624666?mt=8. So does that mean Police in the US do not apprehend criminals?
I beg make them look for another excuse jor.
Re: Robbers Monitored Police With Stolen Walkie-talkies –source by Rastamann: 12:14pm On Sep 11, 2012
How did they get the wakie talkie? It shows that some of the robbers were policemen and soldiers. We jus dey deceive ourselves for this country.
Re: Robbers Monitored Police With Stolen Walkie-talkies –source by ochiaha1(m): 12:19pm On Sep 11, 2012
BeraBera: The Nigerian Police needs to sit up, ordinary armed robbers, they cannot catch. After wrecking all the havock they wrecked, they were still able to escape. Na wa oh. By the way, I heard that some policemen sell/lease guns to armed robbers, is it true?

Those Robbers might not be ordinary armed robbers, but maybe some police and army boys gone bad sad

They may also be deported Nigerians from abroad, who are desperate to maintain the lavish life styles they had before in Jand which was financed through Credit Card fraud and drugs.
Re: Robbers Monitored Police With Stolen Walkie-talkies –source by ocelot2006(m): 12:24pm On Sep 11, 2012
Esss:

REALLY?!

Okay, what about the poice exchange?! Like whats the police emergency shortcode?! Like our 911 or 999?

I won't argue with the fact that the Police owns some beat-up phone exchange from the 1970s. God knows that maintenance isn't the Force's strong suit. But the fact that you happen to visit one police station doesn't mean that the Force does not have a fully functional radio network manned by officers from Signal dept. Those radios work. Hell, all the chase vehicles in our own fleet are equipped with either one or even two radios.

WRT to 999/911 numbers, I know the GSM service providers (especially Airtel and GLO) assigned toll-free lines for that. Airtel, through Force HQ, in particular had issued out special lines to officers. But right now the Force is building its own dedicated Public Land Mobile Network (PLMN) with ZTE as its equipment vendor.
Re: Robbers Monitored Police With Stolen Walkie-talkies –source by Calebeslove4u(m): 12:31pm On Sep 11, 2012
bayulll01: Well done boys since our clueles security force dont want to improve,stil using old gadget of 1880 in 2012,i weep for 9ja

plz o mention one 1880 gadget that nigerian police force still use....
and mention one advance country in which stuffs like this doesn't happen....
i'll really love 2 knw ...10ks
Re: Robbers Monitored Police With Stolen Walkie-talkies –source by ocelot2006(m): 1:02pm On Sep 11, 2012
omoabike: This is crap!! Since when does monitoring Police radio communication stops police anywhere apprehending criminals?
From anywhere in the world, I can monitor Radio communication of lots of Police Departments in the US using a perfectly legal app on my phone called 5-0 Police Scanner http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/5-0-radio-police-scanner/id334624666?mt=8. So does that mean Police in the US do not apprehend criminals?
I beg make them look for another excuse jor.

Communication security is VERY IMPORTANT in law enforcement, particularly the Police Force. What do you think will happen if criminals learn about the status and location of each patrol unit, and its estimated time of arrival (ETA) at a crime scene? Or maybe the travel route for officers assigned to the protection detail of senior govt officials?
Re: Robbers Monitored Police With Stolen Walkie-talkies –source by hardbody: 1:09pm On Sep 11, 2012

Call them to confirm, better still, pose as one (armed robber) and go there to lease or buy AK 47, i am sure you will get a firm answer.
Re: Robbers Monitored Police With Stolen Walkie-talkies –source by hardbody: 1:10pm On Sep 11, 2012
AyaSammy:

True talk, cos it's not how much but how well.

Hmm, i am reading a different understanding into the 'not how much but how well...' Na wa oo. I agree with you sha.
Re: Robbers Monitored Police With Stolen Walkie-talkies –source by frank4ryl(m): 1:22pm On Sep 11, 2012
oduneja: We should try and be reasonable in our comments. These policemen are humans too. Believe me they are trying their best too. May the soul of the policemen and the civilians that died during these robbery attack rest in perfect peace. Amen.

I am with you on this. Imagine a country where other paramilitary and sub-force are paid more than those who actually facing the sophisticated robbers in our nation. Those policemen happens to be someone`s father and brother too. please tell those who are always quick to castigate the police urge their relations to join the force and chase robbers with rocket lunchers and other sophisticated arms. POLICE, ABEG NO MIND NDI OSU IMI, UNA DEY TRY SHA. atleast the case of Cynthia Osukogu is a testimony but my dear good men of the police, make una try harder.
Re: Robbers Monitored Police With Stolen Walkie-talkies –source by misreal(m): 1:29pm On Sep 11, 2012
jamp: they should sack the corrupt police officers and recruit some of these thieves since they are expert and can handle gun very well grin grin
cheesy i deeply agree with u because ppl enroll in da nigerian police due to unemployment nt because dey want to serve de ppl.
Re: Robbers Monitored Police With Stolen Walkie-talkies –source by misreal(m): 1:31pm On Sep 11, 2012
frank4ryl:

I am with you on this. Imagine a country where other paramilitary and sub-force are paid more than those who actually facing the sophisticated robbers in our nation. Those policemen happens to be someone`s father and brother too. please tell those who are always quick to castigate the police urge their relations to join the force and chase robbers with rocket lunchers and other sophisticated arms. POLICE, ABEG NO MIND NDI OSU IMI, UNA DEY TRY SHA. atleast the case of Cynthia Osukogu is a testimony but my dear good men of the police, make una try harder.
u dull pass fish.mke i no ansa u first.
Re: Robbers Monitored Police With Stolen Walkie-talkies –source by misreal(m): 1:31pm On Sep 11, 2012
frank4ryl:

u dull pass fish
Re: Robbers Monitored Police With Stolen Walkie-talkies –source by harlos: 2:22pm On Sep 11, 2012
igbsam: Too much action movies don make these robbers step up. Na wao! Security issues in Nigeria needs to be looked at. Besides, the Govt aint helping matters. What to they expect when the economy is bad.
if thieves watch action film to improve then police should do the same

1 Like

Re: Robbers Monitored Police With Stolen Walkie-talkies –source by Oceemo(m): 2:37pm On Sep 11, 2012
9ija wen we go learn? Na wen sumtin hpn na im we go d blame dis and dat wat abt preparing incase of such occurance...
Re: Robbers Monitored Police With Stolen Walkie-talkies –source by jude33084(m): 2:40pm On Sep 11, 2012
Esss:

REALLY?!

No mind τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ guy oh! If u r in ∂ mess just dial 999 ΆŋԂ you r Őᵑ ♈☺uЯ Own cheesy

If na mobile call U̶̲̥̅̊
go D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ hear something like;...

Caller...pls i need heed help, robbers are in ♍♈ compound

Police....také ₳♍ easy U̶̲̥̅̊
r nt τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ first

Caller....pls hurry I ₳♍ at so so ΆŋԂ so place

Police....Na U̶̲̥̅̊
buy fuel for us abi

Caller...are U̶̲̥̅̊
coming?

Police...na ƗƗŏw many of them sef?

Caller....I think they r four or more,...τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ place is dark

Police....them carry gun or cutlass?

Caller....I dont know because we r hidding ßŮϯ we just heard ∂ gun shot

Police....try Ť☺ check whether na Ak47 or pumpy

cheesy cheesy na τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ guy deadbody be Ŧħåϯ o undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Yet To Prosecute High-profile Corrupt Persons – Obasanjo / Patience Jonathan: "EFCC Sent Assassins After Me, Bugged My Phones" / Buhari Congratulates Pantami On CIISEC Fellowship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.