Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,782 members, 7,820,737 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

Robbers Monitored Police With Stolen Walkie-talkies –source - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Robbers Monitored Police With Stolen Walkie-talkies –source (12631 Views)

Nigerian Police With Big Stomach- Can He Still Do His Job? See Photo / Picture Of A Man Running With Stolen Ballot Box / FG To Reform Police With N1.5trn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Robbers Monitored Police With Stolen Walkie-talkies –source by olabiz2010: 3:10pm On Sep 11, 2012
ocelot2006: I can't say I'm suprised. Signals transmitted by CB radios used by the NPF are not encrypted. All you have to do is tune into the correct frequency, and you're in. You'll think the engineers at the Force's Signals dept will at least adapt techniques like Frequency Hopping or Direct Spread Spectrum. But nope.
Ta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Forget about encryption dude, go to advanced countries and see how common repoters normally switch to their sheriff channel. Abi how do you think they are getting first hand information about crime scene. It can happen any time no matter the level of security. With right equipment, you can switch to any channel/frquency of your choice without stealing their walkie-talkies

s
Re: Robbers Monitored Police With Stolen Walkie-talkies –source by Nobody: 3:12pm On Sep 11, 2012
Esss: I dont know wether to believe this story or laugh at it..

Since when did Police radios start working?!

And why is it that everytime robbers succeed, they blame it on the calibre of weapons the robbers were wielding?!

For bleeps sakes, they are the police?! They should be experts with their weapons?! Instead what we see are cases of accidental discharge victims and cases of stray bullets. A well trained marksman with a catapult can fell a dummy with a GPMG. Its all about precision not the size of the weapon.

Dude if there's anything that works in Nigeria's police unit its their walkies talkie
Re: Robbers Monitored Police With Stolen Walkie-talkies –source by olabiz2010: 3:23pm On Sep 11, 2012
Esss:

Honest to God, I dont know what all that technical shiit you said there means, but I can tell you for free that the only time that police radios work are when the Governor or the President is around.. Infact, I can almost swear that the few policemen lucky to get a radio use it to listen to Rhythm 93.7 FM... grin

Dude, there is no such thing as Police signals department.. Last time I was at State CID in Rivers State, I happened to stumble upon their telephone exchange room and the room was so dirty that it was a dumpsite for all the clutter in the station and the exchange equipment itself looked like a dead relic..
Are you for real?...... Tho' am not a fan of NPF but i can tell you that their radio signal is working 100%. I was @ Lion Building CMS last week and you need to see what i saw, there were tracking a stolen vehicle on the radio all the way from Ondo/Ore and they eventually caught them around Ogun State toll gate.
If you are not aware, every police patrol vehicle has 2 Radio unless they are on their s.t.u.p.id illegal duty. Those guys are trying mehn, but the system is full of corruption from the top already
Re: Robbers Monitored Police With Stolen Walkie-talkies –source by olabiz2010: 3:25pm On Sep 11, 2012
Ranks007:

Dude if there's anything that works in Nigeria's police unit its their walkies talkie
Please tell them ooº°˚˚˚°ºooº°˚˚˚°
Re: Robbers Monitored Police With Stolen Walkie-talkies –source by akraym(m): 3:28pm On Sep 11, 2012
jamp: they should sack the corrupt police officers and recruit some of these thieves since they are expert and can handle gun very well grin grin

Great suggestion, at least crime rate will reduce. Lol lol

1 Like

Re: Robbers Monitored Police With Stolen Walkie-talkies –source by miky(m): 3:41pm On Sep 11, 2012
no reason to stress.. time for the police to adopt a police code..
Re: Robbers Monitored Police With Stolen Walkie-talkies –source by ocelot2006(m): 3:48pm On Sep 11, 2012
olabiz2010:
Ta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Forget about encryption dude, go to advanced countries and see how common repoters normally switch to their sheriff channel. Abi how do you think they are getting first hand information about crime scene. It can happen any time no matter the level of security. With right equipment, you can switch to any channel/frquency of your choice without stealing their walkie-talkies

s

You watch too many movies. In the US and UK, police radio communication is encrypted. Unless you lay your hands on a police walkie-talkie, you definitely won't be able to snoop in.
Re: Robbers Monitored Police With Stolen Walkie-talkies –source by olabiz2010: 6:48pm On Sep 11, 2012
ocelot2006:

You watch too many movies. In the US and UK, police radio communication is encrypted. Unless you lay your hands on a police walkie-talkie, you definitely won't be able to snoop in.
Listen up guy! don't ever argue on what you don't know. For every encrypted data, there is always a source code to decrypt it. BTW what course did you study?
Re: Robbers Monitored Police With Stolen Walkie-talkies –source by ocelot2006(m): 8:14pm On Sep 11, 2012
olabiz2010:
Listen up guy! don't ever argue on what you don't know. For every encrypted data, there is always a source code to decrypt it. BTW what course did you study?

Simmer the f.u.ck down kiddo. My knowledge of cryptology may be rusty, but I know now that an encyption key is required for successful decryption. But what you should be asking is how easy/difficult to identify the key. To be specific, the COVER TIME required to do so.

With respect to my degree or profession, it's non of your damn business.
Re: Robbers Monitored Police With Stolen Walkie-talkies –source by Jakumo(m): 8:24pm On Sep 11, 2012
ocelot2006:

I'm not familiar with UK police radio protocal, but in the US, while some police radio communications may be encrypted, most routine dispatcher to squad car transmissions can be LEGALLY eavesdropped by civilians using commercially available police scanners sold by good old Radio Shack, with branches coast to coast.

http://www.radioshack.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=2032072

Obviously these devices will most likely NOT work in Nigeria, whose police radio frequency spectrum may differ from those in the UK or USA.
Re: Robbers Monitored Police With Stolen Walkie-talkies –source by logica(m): 9:08pm On Sep 11, 2012
Jakumo:

I'm not familiar with UK police radio protocal, but in the US, while some police radio communications may be encrypted, most routine dispatcher to squad car transmissions can be LEGALLY eavesdropped by civilians using commercially available police scanners sold by good old Radio Shack, with branches coast to coast.

Obviously these devices will most likely NOT work in Nigeria, whose police radio frequency spectrum may differ from those in the UK or USA.
Thanks for laying it out and sparing me the keystrokes.
Re: Robbers Monitored Police With Stolen Walkie-talkies –source by ocelot2006(m): 9:23pm On Sep 11, 2012
Jakumo:

Okay, I stand corrected about the US. I guess it's different over there. But my argument still stands on the British AIRWAVE communication network.
Re: Robbers Monitored Police With Stolen Walkie-talkies –source by jpphilips(m): 9:39am On Sep 12, 2012
Adanyebe: too bad you cant guarantee urself any security in this country even for the fact we have the best military forces in Africa. i think the police have shown high susceptibility in areas of security in this country. well is not their fault, their salary is not worth dyeing for.

how did you come about that n0nsense in bold?
Re: Robbers Monitored Police With Stolen Walkie-talkies –source by guyinlexy: 3:34pm On Sep 12, 2012
Na wa ooº°˚ ˚°º≈ ... This country do not want 2 improve an inch.
Re: Robbers Monitored Police With Stolen Walkie-talkies –source by marvel10: 9:21am On Sep 13, 2012
Nigerian Police are a joke. Would you believe they don't even know that if you import a right hand car, you are by law allowed to drive it with foreign plate number for 3 months. The idiots will pull you up 100 times and demand bribe. Idiots!
Re: Robbers Monitored Police With Stolen Walkie-talkies –source by olabiz2010: 12:41am On Sep 14, 2012
ocelot2006:

Simmer the f.u.ck down kiddo. My knowledge of cryptology may be rusty, but I know now that an encyption key is required for successful decryption. But what you should be asking is how easy/difficult to identify the key. To be specific, the COVER TIME required to do so.

With respect to my degree or profession, it's non of your damn business.
Watch your mouth dude!
Re: Robbers Monitored Police With Stolen Walkie-talkies –source by olabiz2010: 12:44am On Sep 14, 2012
Jakumo:

Pls help me tell them oo + it happens everywhere once you have the right equipment
Re: Robbers Monitored Police With Stolen Walkie-talkies –source by harrywakil(m): 8:46am On Aug 31, 2015
This is the problem , see other country they have diffrent security outfit like -NYPD,SHERIFF,LAPD,FBI,CIA,PEACE CORPS,POLICE,SWAT all sponsored by there government and well paid
But Nigeria POLICE,NSCDC ,what a shame we have the money in this country what are the government doing the NPF can't work alone why don't the government take over PEACE CORPS OF NIGERIA at list it will boost the security of this country
Re: Robbers Monitored Police With Stolen Walkie-talkies –source by tdayof(m): 8:37am On Jan 14, 2017
ocelot2006:
I can't say I'm suprised. Signals transmitted by CB radios used by the NPF are not encrypted. All you have to do is tune into the correct frequency, and you're in. You'll think the engineers at the Force's Signals dept will at least adapt techniques like Frequency Hopping or Direct Spread Spectrum. But nope.
Encrypted or not. With a registered walkie talkie down, others are vulnerable.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do We Have Hausas On Nairaland At All? / Anambra Lawmakers Demand Jeeps To Support Obiano's Re-Election / President Buhari Launches Economic Recovery And Growth Plan Tomorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.