Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,127 members, 7,821,862 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:18 PM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (135) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (879817 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:21pm On Nov 21, 2014
Mzora:
Hello doc,plz I'm about 24wks pregnant,but the doctor after checking my tummy 2day,she said I should not be over 20wks from d height of the foetus she culd feel. What shuld I do? I'm abit worried.

How precise can she be when evaluating the age of gestation throught palpation?!

Tell me the date of your last menstruation and I'll help you calculate the gestation age, and also help you calculate your Expected Date of Delivery(EDD)
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by tchiwinnie: 7:58am On Nov 22, 2014
Mzora:
Hello doc,plz I'm about 24wks pregnant,but the doctor after checking my tummy 2day,she said I should not be over 20wks from d height of the foetus she culd feel. What shuld I do? I'm abit worried.
no need to b worried. if u re sure of ur last menstrual period, then ur gestational age s more accurately calculated frm ur LMP.Hope u re eating well tho, to rule out small for gestational age foetus
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Mzora(f): 8:07am On Nov 22, 2014
Marc9:

How precise can she be when evaluating the age of gestation throught palpation?!

Tell me the date of your last menstruation and I'll help you calculate the gestation age, and also help you calculate your Expected Date of Delivery(EDD)
. My LMP-28th may
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Mzora(f): 8:11am On Nov 22, 2014
tchiwinnie:
no need to b worried. if u re sure of ur last menstrual period, then ur gestational age s more accurately calculated frm ur LMP.Hope u re eating well tho, to rule out small for gestational age foetus
. Yea I'm eating well and I take my prenatal too(the one I waz given at the hospital,or is pregnacare better?).plz wat do u mean by 'small for gestational age foetus?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:05am On Nov 22, 2014
Mzora:
. My LMP-28th may

As at 19th November 2014, your gestational age was 25weeks. Your EDD is on the 4th of March 2015. But you can likely go into labour anytime from 20th february 2015.

Just don't let it bother you. I'm sure your baby is doin just fine.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Mzora(f): 9:59am On Nov 22, 2014
Marc9:

As at 19th November 2014, your gestational age was 25weeks. Your EDD is on the 4th of March 2015. But you can likely go into labour anytime from 20th february 2015.

Just don't let it bother you. I'm sure your baby is doin just fine.
. Thank you so much. I feel better now. Ur words actually brought smiles to my face. I'm a first time mum..nd can't wait to hold my baby.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 10:17am On Nov 22, 2014
Mzora:
. Thank you so much. I feel better now. Ur words actually brought smiles to my face. I'm a first time mum..nd can't wait to hold my baby.

I'm sure your baby can't wait to feel your warm embrace as well.

If you think the mirror you've always looked into, accurately reveals your reflection, then wait till you look into the eyes of your baby.

In the eyes of your baby, your true reflection would be revealed! smiley

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Mzora(f): 10:29am On Nov 22, 2014
Marc9:

I'm sure your baby can't wait to feel your warm embrace as well.

If you think the mirror you've always looked into, accurately reveals your reflection, then wait till you look into the eyes of your baby.

In the eyes of your baby, your true reflection would be revealed! smiley
Awwwwww......now u wanna make me cry. Thanks so much.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by tchiwinnie: 3:38pm On Nov 22, 2014
Mzora:
. Yea I'm eating well and I take my prenatal too(the one I waz given at the hospital,or is pregnacare better?).plz wat do u mean by 'small for gestational age foetus?
good to kno u re eating well. small for gestational age means babies dat are smaller dan they shld b at dat given tym(while still in d womb o). Bt dont get urslf worked up, it may rven b error on ur dr's part(she s human, u kno). To calm ur fears, i think u shld just do a scan. d sinographer shld ascertain ur baby's weight, then ur dr ll b able to say weda its normal for age or nt. bt i hv a feeking ur baby s very fine grin
Abt d prenatals, i dont kno wot u re already taking. i trust ur hsptl ll g u smthg dat s ok. as long as it contains iron, calcium, folic acid in their correct proportions, carry go
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Mzora(f): 4:51pm On Nov 22, 2014
tchiwinnie:
good to kno u re eating well. small for gestational age means babies dat are smaller dan they shld b at dat given tym(while still in d womb o). Bt dont get urslf worked up, it may rven b error on ur dr's part(she s human, u kno). To calm ur fears, i think u shld just do a scan. d sinographer shld ascertain ur baby's weight, then ur dr ll b able to say weda its normal for age or nt. bt i hv a feeking ur baby s very fine grin
Abt d prenatals, i dont kno wot u re already taking. i trust ur hsptl ll g u smthg dat s ok. as long as it contains iron, calcium, folic acid in their correct proportions, carry go
tanks tchiwinnie. Yea,I'll see her next week and know what she says again. I'm given calcium,bco,folic acid and d small red tabs.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by tchiwinnie: 8:01pm On Nov 22, 2014
Mzora:
tanks tchiwinnie. Yea,I'll see her next week and know what she says again. I'm given calcium,bco,folic acid and d small red tabs.
uwcm. d small red tabs shld b ferrous wishing u a smooth ride. i m a first tym mum too. my baby was 9months 2days ago.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Perpetual459: 5:36pm On Nov 23, 2014
Hello Doc,pls can u prescribe pain reliever pills

apart from ibrufen and panadol extra?I'm in pains
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 6:45pm On Nov 23, 2014
Perpetual459:
Hello Doc,pls can u prescribe pain reliever pills

apart from ibrufen and panadol extra?I'm in pains

If ibuprofene and panadol didn't relieve the pain, then there's an underlying factor responsible for the lingering pain. You need see a doctor.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Perpetual459: 8:17pm On Nov 23, 2014
Marc9:

If ibuprofene and panadol didn't relieve the pain, then there's an underlying factor responsible for the lingering pain. You need see a doctor.
ok tanx
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Bograd83(f): 8:47pm On Nov 23, 2014
Helo doctor, pls, what drugs can l take for prenatal vitamin
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:54pm On Nov 23, 2014
Bograd83:

You are advised to meet your OBS for your prenatal vitamins.This service should be a physical affair not nairaland's.

Nevertheless some of the pregnancy routine vitamins should include:

1)B complex
2)Folic acid(folates)
3)Vitamin K(may not be necessary,since it is synthesize during food digestion)
4)Vitamin B12
5)Vitamin C(may not be necessary)

Any additional(like IRON PILLS or HAEMATINICS and CALCIUM pills) may be situational and obstetrical guidance is pivotal.Do ask your OBS on these vitamins and the importance of each to your pregnancy.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 2:01am On Nov 24, 2014
Bograd83:

Vitamin C
Vitamin E
B complex
Folic acid
B12
Calcium
Plus other vitamins and mineral salts.

There's actually a nutriceutic supplement you can get all these nutrients in one piece.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Bograd83(f): 11:37am On Nov 24, 2014
LuckyG1:

You are advised to meet your OBS for your prenatal vitamins.This service should be a physical affair not nairaland's.

Nevertheless some of the pregnancy routine vitamins should include:

1)B complex
2)Folic acid(folates)
3)Vitamin K(may not be necessary,since it is synthesize during food digestion)
4)Vitamin B12
5)Vitamin C(may not be necessary)

Any additional(like IRON PILLS or HAEMATINICS and CALCIUM pills) may be situational and obstetrical guidance is pivotal.Do ask your OBS on these vitamins and the importance of each to your pregnancy.
thank u, l neva get any obs dats y am asking am just 8w now when do u think l can go 4 antenantal
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Bograd83(f): 11:39am On Nov 24, 2014
Marc9:

Vitamin C
Vitamin E
B complex
Folic acid
B12
Calcium
Plus other vitamins and mineral salts.

There's actually a nutriceutic supplement you can get all these nutrients in one piece.
appreciated
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 4:42pm On Nov 24, 2014
Bograd83:
thank u, l neva get any obs dats y am asking am just 8w now when do u think l can go 4 antenantal

Atleast 2-3months of gestation.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:28pm On Nov 24, 2014
Bograd83:

You're expected to begin AnteNatal Care from the start of second trimester(4th month)
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ufemia23(f): 7:48pm On Nov 24, 2014
please doc I have a friend she has been experiencing this uncontrollable pain before and after menstruation. it stops maybe after menses for awhile then continues again..can't sleep or do anything.. I dunno what the problem maybe
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Bograd83(f): 8:27pm On Nov 24, 2014
Marc9:

You're expected to begin AnteNatal Care from the start of second trimester(4th month)
ok
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:55pm On Nov 24, 2014
ufemia23:
please doc I have a friend she has been experiencing this uncontrollable pain before and after menstruation. it stops maybe after menses for awhile then continues again..can't sleep or do anything.. I dunno what the problem maybe

Well, there's a factor responsible for her pre-menstrual and post-menstrual pain. Thorough investigation need be carried out to find out the actual cause.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by nelsoelomi(f): 10:49pm On Nov 24, 2014
hi d
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:17am On Nov 25, 2014
nelsoelomi:
hi dr
pls i seriously need ur help on this.
am a girl of 21yrs though i look like a teenager. My menses have
been
regular since i started mensturating
till
last yr when its started being irregular like befor i mensturate frm 4-5days but nw frm 2-3 and this month i didnt even see a spot of blood to talk more
of mensturating and i started having the feelings that its hormonal imbalance and i went to
ultra sound
to be sure by taking pelvic scan and behold what i see
is
that i have Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) since
then
i dont know how to help myself again becos am still young to be suffering frm infertility i started asking myself if i should start trying for pregnancy out of wedlock
now than to wait till i get married.
Dr pls help me
also
on nutrition and drugs that
can regulate
my period or even cause me to get pregnant cos am more
than
afraid. right now i feel
the dead living among the living since we dont have a good combine birth control pill here
in nigeria
that could atleast regulate my period.
Thanks in advance,

Actually at 21yrs you shouldn't be that hagged marketwoman.You should be pretty and young even like a one-month baby.

Maybe you have heard much or little about PCOS and this has frenziedly produced alittle more fear.One of those things you might have heard would be,it is the most common cause to female subfertility or infertility-Yeah! It is true!

There are other issue behind this condition but you are quite baffled by the irregularity in cycle,it normally goes with.You thought it wise to prove your fertility by trying pregnancy by pre-marital coita.l affair.To you it may show you are not going to have that fertility disturbances if actually you become pregnant.

You don't have to do that.You really don't have to indulge in pre-marital sex to declare your fertility state all because you have been diagnosed with PCOS.Inshort,having pregnancy does not mean the PCOS has vanished,it is still there and may pick up with you in the pregnancy.PCOS women only suffer cases with OLIGOMENORRHOEA(concerning her reproductive activities),this does not mean menstrual flow will not be experienced.They do experience their flow but not too normal as it was.Only some few experience a complete shade of amenorrhoea(cessation of normal menstrual flow).All these abnormal flow of reproductive activities results from a high or increase androgen production.Another reason PCOS may be referred as FEMALE HYPERANDROGENIC INFERTILITY.

Evidently,PCOS has been shown to affect the whole of a female,just as DIABETES MELLITUS(D.M).PCOS is a good riskfactor for women to suffer diabetes mellitus.Inshort,in mine word-PCOS is pre-diabetes mellitus due to the slimless chance of a PCOS woman to develop it(D.M).Besides,women with PCOS also have a good chance to suffer some CARDIOVASCULAR diseases.

Yet,no special cure for it-but it can be managed.Though a scan has proved that you have PCOS,it is also adviceable that you affirm it further by a deeper radiographical procedure and hormone profilings-to unexaggerate its degree.Nevertheless,if yours is still at the primary level.Then,any occasion for fear should not be spared.Walk with a good gynaecologist hand-in-hand,he may have to examine you physically for any case of hirsutism(if necessary).He should be able to prescribe some drugs to simmer the high androgen.He should be able to prescribe some drugs to prevent the case of diabetes(from INSULIN RESISTANCE).Inadditional to that,putting you back to a good cycle is necessary-by so,causing you to ovulate.I don't think,the issue of your being infertile shouldn't bother him if actually you don't want conception now.

Work on your psyche.''I have PCOS,'' Does not mean,death.It is never the end of the world.Most women with PCOS do carry pregnancy lastly.Stop being too normal as with everywoman that has PCOS-you still a young girl.Most women with PCOS forgets everything and the most essential thing they worry about is their cycle.PCOS is more than that,it affects everything about an adult female.Feel your normal self,do your normal stuff and be happy.

Well,as it may seem.Having PCOS may cause a change of lifestyle for you especially on your dietting.Now that D.M may seem to be uploading into your system,it is adviceable to avoid food or take in little foods with high calorific value.This may allow you to cut short purposed or staple diet involving fat and carbohydrate(sugar).It helps alot.Don't overlook/underrate this exercise...
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:47am On Nov 25, 2014
nelsoelomi:
hi dr
pls i seriously need ur help on this.
am a girl of 21yrs though i look like a teenager. My menses have
been
regular since i started mensturating
till
last yr when its started being irregular like befor i mensturate frm 4-5days but nw frm 2-3 and this month i didnt even see a spot of blood to talk more
of mensturating and i started having the feelings that its hormonal imbalance and i went to
ultra sound
to be sure by taking pelvic scan and behold what i see
is
that i have Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) since
then
i dont know how to help myself again becos am still young to be suffering frm infertility i started asking myself if i should start trying for pregnancy out of wedlock
now than to wait till i get married.
Dr pls help me
also
on nutrition and drugs that
can regulate
my period or even cause me to get pregnant cos am more
than
afraid. right now i feel
the dead living among the living since we dont have a good combine birth control pill here
in nigeria
that could atleast regulate my period.
Thanks in advance,

First of all, you're not a dead among the living. There's actually power in what we proclaim or say to ourselves. I'll urge you speak positively about your situation, and don't let a minor health challenge weigh you down.

PCOS is an endocrine disorder in which hormonal balance is affected. Proper and effective treatment can help address the condition

Well, I won't advise or agree you TTC outside wedlock. Though some gynae may advise ladies with PCOS to begin TTC early enough before the condition degenerates.

Your hormonal imbalance would have to be corrected for your menstruation to become regular.

I'll have to implore you run an assay. Send me a PM or an email.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by AwesomeGodIAv: 1:35pm On Nov 25, 2014
Doctors in d house,pls help me out with dis Test results.

Thanks

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by AwesomeGodIAv: 1:36pm On Nov 25, 2014
Another one

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Bograd83(f): 6:02pm On Nov 25, 2014
LuckyG1:

Atleast 2-3months of gestation.
tnx
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 10:04pm On Nov 25, 2014
AwesomeGodIAv:
Doctors in d house,pls help me out with dis Test results.

Thanks

I would have really wanted to check it out and explain and analyse.I just can't pinch enough enough details due to my own eyesight.The first result is soo small to be visible and even the last one.The middle one is okay...
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 2:39am On Nov 26, 2014
AwesomeGodIAv:
Doc, u avnt answered my questions.

Pls sir

Ma'am, the last report shows the pregnancy is likely ectopic. The foetus is developing outside the uterus. That's a very critical case. I insist you, or whoever it is, see an Obstetrician urgently.

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.