Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,109 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (134) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (879166 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 3:53pm On Nov 06, 2014
Redeemed:
Doctor, please i want your enlightenment, Can someone with regular and consistent menstrual cycle be experiencing anovulatory cycle and if yes, how can it be corrected. Thank you as i await your response.

Well, that's not possible! U can't have a regular and consistent cycle without ovulatory precedence. Even in anovulation caused by ovarian cyst, the cycle won't be consistent. The menstruation would be marred by some kind of irregularities such as mid-cycle spotting.

But the best and the ideal way of knowing ovulation occurs is by observing Egg White Cervical Mucus. If you do observe some clear and stretchy discharge around your mid-cycle, then it's a confirmation that you're ovulating, even if the discharge is little.

To the contrary, if you don't observe any cervical discharge around dat mid-cycle period, then you're anovulating.

NB: A regular and consistent menstruation indicates ovulation occurs!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Redeemed(f): 6:27pm On Nov 06, 2014
Thank you doctor, God bless you. I bought an ovulation prediction kit this cycle to confirm what is going on in my body, actually I spot a little mid cycle but think it's see part of ovulation signs. I will inform you when am done with the opk test. Once again, thank you for your response and care. May God reward all your good works. SHALOM!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:06pm On Nov 06, 2014
Redeemed:
Thank you doctor, God bless you. I bought an ovulation prediction kit this cycle to confirm what is going on in my body, actually I spot a little mid cycle but think it's see part of ovulation signs. I will inform you when am done with the opk test. Once again, thank you for your response and care. May God reward all your good works. SHALOM!

Much obliged!!!! And thanx!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by blueberry: 2:47pm On Nov 07, 2014
hello docs, I need some form of advise..... I am 28 weeks and have been having a dull pain around my urethra, not necessarily during urination, but some times it occurs during urination. I was asked to do a urine M/C/S and was noticed to have "significant growth of E.coli and staphyloccus aureus". Thereafter the doctor prescribed Nitrafurantoin for me. I am torn between taking it or not as am naturally against taking medicines during pregnancy (except the routine drugs of course). is it risky to wait and treat it when my baby is born or should i just take it anyways. I dont want anything to harm my unborn cutie pie cry
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Dstarst(f): 4:11pm On Nov 07, 2014
Pls Dr. Help me out. I'm currently taking parlodel for d treatment of high prolactin n hormonal imbalance n it seems as if i'm nt seeing result.i started experiencing pains in my nipples,pls could it be as a result of d healing effect or is it nt d right prescription for me? 2day is my sixth day.tanz
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 4:18pm On Nov 07, 2014
blueberry:
hello docs, I need some form of advise..... I am 28 weeks and have been having a dull pain around my urethra, not necessarily during urination, but some times it occurs during urination. I was asked to do a urine M/C/S and was noticed to have "significant growth of E.coli and staphyloccus aureus". Thereafter the doctor prescribed Nitrafurantoin for me. I am torn between taking it or not as am naturally against taking medicines during pregnancy (except the routine drugs of course). is it risky to wait and treat it when my baby is born or should i just take it anyways. I dont want anything to harm my unborn cutie pie cry

Nitrofurantion is a category-A antibiotics in pregnancy.This means that it can be useful for urinary tract infection.The harm done by an antibiotics depends on how long and the amount on usage of an antibiotics.Some are just harmful to the fetus and the mother.Urinary tract infection are in some degree riskfactors of P.R.O.M and so need to be dealt with.Another purpose why the treatment may be needed is to avoid cases of inflammation of the outer and inner fetal membrane(chorionamnionitis) and inflammation of the endometrium(endometritis) after given birth.Although some women at their puerperium do show symptom for this without a previous urinary tract infection.UTI put you at risk for any such outcome,the more.

So,you are to treat yourself by following the doctor's prescription of the drug and when to end it.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by createmag(f): 8:04pm On Nov 07, 2014
createmag:
Hello evyone here im a silet reader of this thread and now i have an urgent question
I had my dd 5 years ago tru emergency cs and have been ttc since then,i usally experience this hard and painful feeling at the left side of my stiches like 2inches it comes and go like twice a month i want to know if its the reason for my 2ndary infertility because all my test results hsg tvs homonal assay all came out good my dh analysis is also good pls docs in the house what can this be and how do i go about it tanx
na waooo docs in d house maka una help ans me
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Redeemed(f): 9:37pm On Nov 07, 2014
@Marc9, I : Today been my cd12 in a cd26, i got positive result using OPK i.e. I'm ovulating. So unto God I commit my case.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by akinola001(m): 6:34am On Nov 08, 2014
Your urgent attention is needed on this thread
www.nairaland.com/1986852/very-urgent-owner
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:33am On Nov 09, 2014
Redeemed:
@Marc9, I : Today been my cd12 in a cd26, i got positive result using OPK i.e. I'm ovulating. So unto God I commit my case.

I wish you success! And I pray you come back with your testimony!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Sleekbaby(f): 9:08pm On Nov 09, 2014
Doc in d house plz i wnt u 2 prescribe a drug i should be taking after menses 2 wash out d remaining blood, tnx.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 10:13pm On Nov 09, 2014
Sleekbaby:
Doc in d house plz i wnt u 2 prescribe a drug i should be taking after menses 2 wash out d remaining blood, tnx.

Smile....

C'mon! You're not expected to take drugs to wash out the remaining blood.

If you're spotting after your menstruation, then you may need see a gynae
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Sleekbaby(f): 5:53am On Nov 10, 2014
Marc9

Smile....

No i'm not but i hv heard many say that dey take antibiotic after each menses wch helps remove d remnant, some call it cleanser so i'm curious, tnk u.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 6:03am On Nov 10, 2014
Sleekbaby:
Marc9

Smile....

No i'm not but i hv heard many say that dey take antibiotic after each menses wch helps remove d remnant, some call it cleanser so i'm curious, tnk u.

That's drug abuse.

During menstruation, the uterine lining sheds, and when the bleeding stops, it means the lining has finished shedding. There's no remnant product.

NB: you may want to warn those who take antibiotics to shed whatever remnant they presume to desist from such drug abuse, lest they have hormonal distortion and TTC problems.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by trinidad(m): 8:22pm On Nov 10, 2014
Dear Dr in the house, please does the ffl semenalysis result warrants a vericosele operation as advised by my gyn.
Volume 3ml,
viscosity-normal
appearance-white opaque,
consistency-viscous,
liquifaction-30mins,
ph-8.0,
fructose test-positive,
semen count-20.0mill/ml,
prog motile-40%,
slug motile-20%,
non motile-40%,
abnormal forms-10%,
agglutination-present,
pus cells-3-4hpf,
RBC- absent,
epithelial cells 1-2hpf,
macrophages- occassional
Organism isolated- Citrobacter freundii. Be grateful for your response.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Moradeeke(f): 7:38am On Nov 11, 2014
PLS, DOCTORS IN THE HOUSE, WHAT CAN I USE FOR MENSTRUAL PAINS

AV BN USING FELVIN FOR SOMETIMES NOW AND I HEAR DT IS NOT MEDICALLY OK.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:03am On Nov 11, 2014
Moradeeke:
PLS, DOCTORS IN THE HOUSE, WHAT CAN I USE FOR MENSTRUAL PAINS

AV BN USING FELVIN FOR SOMETIMES NOW AND I HEAR DT IS NOT MEDICALLY OK.

Well, piroxicam like felvin and feldene in some ladies do not relieve menstrual cramp.

Now this is the part where I'll have to ask you to send me a PM so I can recommend an effective antispasmodic or NSAID. But anytime your period is imminent, you can always take banana to help cushion menstrual cramping. I was told it helps!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:21am On Nov 11, 2014
trinidad:
Dear Dr in the house, please does the ffl semenalysis result warrants a vericocele operation as advised by my gyn.
Volume 3ml,
viscosity-normal
appearance-white opaque,
consistency-viscous,
liquifaction-30mins,
ph-8.0,
fructose test-positive,
semen count-20.0mill/ml,
prog motile-40%,
slug motile-20%,
non motile-40%,
abnormal forms-10%,
agglutination-present,
pus cells-3-4hpf,
RBC- absent,
epithelial cells 1-2hpf,
macrophages- occassional
Organism isolated- Citrobacter freundii. Be grateful for your response.

If your gyn indicated varicocelectomy going by a seminal analysis report alone, then I'm highly disappointed in him.

Varicocele is reliably diagnosed using Ultrasound scan in which the varicocele is seen and identified. Also, clinical signs and palpation are employed in its diagnosis.

Well, you can consult another gynae or an urologist, preferably, and see if he'll indicate the same treatment after he must have carried out proper diagnosis.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Moradeeke(f): 10:31am On Nov 12, 2014
Marc9:

Well, piroxicam like felvin and feldene in some ladies do not relieve menstrual cramp.

Now this is the part where I'll have to ask you to send me a PM so I can recommend an effective antispasmodic or NSAID. But anytime your period is imminent, you can always take banana to help cushion menstrual cramping. I was told it helps!

In my own case, felvin does relief my menstrual cramps. just to be cautious on its side effect.

Pls sir, what is PM and NSAID, I dont understand?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 11:16am On Nov 12, 2014
Moradeeke:

In my own case, felvin does relief my menstrual cramps. just to be cautious on its side effect.

PM is a Nairaland mailing form.

NSAID mean,Non-Steriod Anti-Inflammatory Drugs.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 11:29am On Nov 12, 2014
Moradeeke:

PM means Personal Message

NSAID means Non-Steroidal Anti-inflammatory Drug.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Moradeeke(f): 8:04pm On Nov 14, 2014
Marc9:

PM means Personal Message

NSAID means Non-Steroidal Anti-inflammatory Drug.

Am still awaiting ur response(recommendation). av sent u d PM, hope u ve received it.

am on red presently and av taken 6 doses of felvin already to relief me of d cramps.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by JUMAYIN(f): 1:17pm On Nov 18, 2014
hello docs in d house...just wanna ask what is the best position to lie after sex for an anteverted uterus? thanks in anticipation
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 2:53pm On Nov 18, 2014
Doc, i found out my cervical mucus is thick throughout my cycle. It doesnt stretch at all. What can i do to make it stretch?

I have fibroids, can i take pregnyl or ovidrel shot
Thankyou.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by moranu(f): 5:04pm On Nov 18, 2014
Hello Docs in the house, pls am having this feelings as if am pregnant and I use the PT Strip which indicate negative. I ought to have menstruate since 2nd of Nov. And my under abdomen is paining me and my nipple is paining me as well. Secondly I have a baby in Dec.2012 and sometimes around June this year boils just surrounded the tear stitches area and I use Amplicaux. Ever since then it has been coming on and off each time I have sex. Scan show that I have Ovarian cyst last year. Pls can it be the cause? or is it an infection? Pls help me
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 6:32pm On Nov 18, 2014
Good evening doctors,pls I nid ur help.
Am a first time mother to a 4 months old baby girl. i had a cut & given antibotics. After two mnths i.e in aught,I started spotting.i taught it was my menses but its just few blood stains in a day.twices in aught,once in sept,twices in early october.went to hospital was given ampicillin & cloxacillin capsules 500mg wit antimalaria. After a week of taking d drugs,my menses came but d flow wasn’t consistence & lasted 4 days. Why am worried is dat I started having big boils on my leg 6 weeks after delivery.d boil resurfaced after d drugs & menses. so I went to another hospital two weeks ago. Took several tests,malaria was positive. because of d boil was given antimalaria & cipocil 500mg for 10 days. Also about 5 days of drug completion,I had blood discharge for about a week though not heavy flow.while on it,last Saturday another boil surfaced on my other knee.
Pls doctors,wat else shud I do. I believe I still have bad blood in my system & I also have something like objects moving on my back from within. Since after delivery,I still bath with hot water.if d water is warm or cold,I will sneeze with catarrh for days.
Pls help….
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 6:16am On Nov 21, 2014
specialmom:
Good evening doctors,pls I nid ur help.
Am a first time mother to a 4 months old baby girl. i had a cut & given antibotics. After two mnths i.e in aught,I started spotting.i taught it was my menses but its just few blood stains in a day.twices in aught,once in sept,twices in early october.went to hospital was given ampicillin & cloxacillin capsules 500mg wit antimalaria. After a week of taking d drugs,my menses came but d flow wasn’t consistence & lasted 4 days. Why am worried is dat I started having big boils on my leg 6 weeks after delivery.d boil resurfaced after d drugs & menses. so I went to another hospital two weeks ago. Took several tests,malaria was positive. because of d boil was given antimalaria & cipocil 500mg for 10 days. Also about 5 days of drug completion,I had blood discharge for about a week though not heavy flow.while on it,last Saturday another boil surfaced on my other knee.
Pls doctors,wat else shud I do. I believe I still have bad blood in my system & I also have something like objects moving on my back from within. Since after delivery,I still bath with hot water.if d water is warm or cold,I will sneeze with catarrh for days.
Pls help….

The antibiotic you were given was responsible for your menstrual irregularities, as well as the the antimalarial.

The boil that seems to grow periodically is as a result of probiotic inhibition. The antibiotic must have suppressed the activities of "good guy skin flora" which curtail and regulate the virulence of the "bad guy skin flora" like Staph aureus. The Staph aureus is responsible for the boil you developed on your leg.

For the catarrh, I'll suspect the level of ascorbic acid in you is low.

As usual, I'll have to ask you to send a PM or add me on BBM. I wouldn't want to tell you wat to do or take on this thread lest someone else with similar case doesn't read the post and assume it could work for her as well, and jump to self medication.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Mzora(f): 9:04pm On Nov 21, 2014
Hello doc,plz I'm about 24wks pregnant,but the doctor after checking my tummy 2day,she said I should not be over 20wks from d height of the foetus she culd feel. What shuld I do? I'm abit worried.

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.