Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (160) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (879526 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by nice007(m): 7:58pm On Apr 17, 2015
Hello doc.. Pls help me...I usually see white substance from ma penis tip always..and my urine is yellowish. Wat should u do am scared. The tip HV bcum black
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 9:01pm On Apr 17, 2015
Dadsonval:
@omicron, pls what drug can i use to reduce an enlarged liver? Secondly, my menses came this morning instead of 26th, what could have caused that? Thnks
Were you meant to see it on 26th March or 26th April?

If the former is the case, please do a pregnancy test if you have been sexually active and get back to me.

If the latter is the case, then the advice is to remain calm, and see it as a one-off experience. If it remains markedly irregular for another 2 cycles, it should then require investigations especially if you are ttc.

How do you mean an "enlarged liver"? What symptoms do you have?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 9:06pm On Apr 17, 2015
nice007:
Hello doc.. Pls help me...I usually see white substance from ma penis tip always..and my urine is yellowish. Wat should u do am scared. The tip HV bcum black
How long has this been on? Are you sexually active? Do you have any discomfort or pain while urinating?

You should see a doctor. The doctor will ask you these questions and more, examine you, and use the white stuff to do test and prescribe appropriate drugs.

And the normal colour of urine is yellowish (amber), so there is no problem with that, unless you meant to say the urine is cloudy.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Dadsonval(f): 10:55pm On Apr 17, 2015
omicron:
Were you meant to see it on 26th March or 26th April?

If the former is the case, please do a pregnancy test if you have been sexually active and get back to me.

If the latter is the case, then the advice is to remain calm, and see it as a one-off experience. If it remains markedly irregular for another 2 cycles, it should then require investigations especially if you are ttc.

How do you mean an "enlarged liver"? What symptoms do you have?
sorry, i mean 26th of April, yes i'm TTC though by faith, i do tell my friends that i'm pregnant.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 7:33am On Apr 18, 2015
Dadsonval:

sorry, i mean 26th of April, yes i'm TTC though by faith, i do tell my friends that i'm pregnant.
Enlarged liver cos i did a scan last year december that said the liver is 16cm or so, i do feel pains @ d upper right once in a while but the pain @ d upper left is worse. I bought liverguard from d pharmacy store last week
Ok. Well, enlarged liver is not a clinical diagnosis. Doctors treat you as a whole, not in pieces.

Possible causes of your symptoms include, peptic ulcer disease, hepatitis, gastritis, cholycystitis, even pancreatitis.

You are not advised to commence any medications until you obtain a clinical diagnosis from your doctor.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Dadsonval(f): 10:46am On Apr 18, 2015
omicron:
Ok. Well, enlarged liver is not a clinical diagnosis. Doctors treat you as a whole, not in pieces.

Possible causes of your symptoms include, peptic ulcer disease, hepatitis, gastritis, cholycystitis, even pancreatitis.

You are not advised to commence any medications until you obtain a clinical diagnosis from your doctor.
i have been to UCH, he Dr gave me some drugs but the pains are still there, because i missed a clinic day, i am now booked for may this year which is very long. That is y i came to this forum. Pls, kindly give me some advise cos i'm a TTC over a year now
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by tatacherie: 6:02pm On Apr 18, 2015
Greetings to evryone here.Drs weldone for d goodworks here.pls help explain this results.ive been TTC for 1 year..My Dr required me to do HSG few days ago cos i had a chronic case of PID although treated now.here is d result.
Cervical adhesions were broken during uterine sounding.
A moderate capacity uterus was opacified following retrograde injection of 24mls urografin.
Both fallopian tubes were opacified & appear normal with evidence of free intra-peritoneal spillage of contrast DAT partially cleared on a delayed film.
CONCLUSION:Bilateral patent fallopian tube with cervical adhesions & a fundal filling defect dat suggests BICORNUATE UTERUS.
Pls any one ve idea about wat bicornuate uterus means.will there be issues with implantation?pls help me with answers.thanks in advance
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 9:33pm On Apr 18, 2015
Dadsonval:

i have been to UCH, he Dr gave me some drugs but the pains are still there, because i missed a clinic day, i am now booked for may this year which is very long. That is y i came to this forum. Pls, kindly give me some advise cos i'm a TTC over a year now
You may go back to the clinic if your symptoms have not abated. You must be able to see a doctor.

Meanwhile, your upper abdominal symptoms are not likely to be related directly to your ttc

What stage are you in your ttc? Have you done any diagnostic workups? How are they? Your dh nko? It's easier to advise when there are specific problems to tackle.

All the best
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 9:40pm On Apr 18, 2015
tatacherie:
Greetings to evryone here.Drs weldone for d goodworks here.pls help explain this results.ive been TTC for 1 year..My Dr required me to do HSG few days ago cos i had a chronic case of PID although treated now.here is d result.
Cervical adhesions were broken during uterine sounding.
A moderate capacity uterus was opacified following retrograde injection of 24mls urografin.
Both fallopian tubes were opacified & appear normal with evidence of free intra-peritoneal spillage of contrast DAT partially cleared on a delayed film.
CONCLUSION:Bilateral patent fallopian tube with cervical adhesions & a fundal filling defect dat suggests BICORNUATE UTERUS.
Pls any one ve idea about wat bicornuate uterus means.will there be issues with implantation?pls help me with answers.thanks in advance
It is a congenital (from birth) abnormality whereby the uterus was not well formed, having 2 "horns" instead of one.

It does not affect implantation or fertility but may pose problems such as recurrent miscarriages, preterm labour (labour before 9 months), and malpresentations (babies not positioned well), among others.

When you get pregnant, make sure you register at a Tertiary hospital as early as possible, and let the hospital know of this.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by shogat(m): 10:21pm On Apr 18, 2015
hello doctors,nice job.please I need your help,my friend(a lady) just told me that since she started menstruation she has not had a complete menstrual cycle in a year. i.e some years she menstruate only for 11 months or 10.thanks and I will be expecting your swift reply
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 8:12am On Apr 19, 2015
shogat:
hello doctors,nice job.please I need your help,my friend(a lady) just told me that since she started menstruation she has not had a complete menstrual cycle in a year. i.e some years she menstruate only for 11 months or 10.thanks and I will be expecting your swift reply
normal cycles last between 21days to 35 days. Those that have cycles of 31 or above will have less than 12 cycles per year. Similarly, those with cycles less than 30 days could have more than 12 cycles a year. It's all normal.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by shogat(m): 8:50am On Apr 19, 2015
omicron:
normal cycles last between 21days to 35 days. Those that have cycles of 31 or above will have less than 12 cycles per year. Similarly, those with cycles less than 30 days could have more than 12 cycles a year. It's all normal.
ok thanks. I will pass the message sir
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by tatacherie: 3:03pm On Apr 19, 2015
Thanks Dr Omicron for your swift and encouraging response. I was already getin worried thank God there is hope.God bless u

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by nelsoelomi(f): 11:05pm On Apr 19, 2015
He
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 10:44am On Apr 20, 2015
nelsoelomi:
Hello doc.. Pls help me...I usually have this painful senstational burns in my vagina immediately after having unprotected sex but i dont have it whenever i uses condom.
Pls help me cos i dont like using condom.
You said the symptoms - painful burns/sensations in the vagina- appear immediately after sex? It may be related to the act of sex rather than to an infection, as there is no infection whose symptoms appear immediately after sex.

It may be bruises, due to lack of adequate lubrication before sex or later on after penetration, or excessively forceful thrusting, or any combination of the above.

The penile skin provides more friction than the latex condom, hence why it is more felt following unprotected sex.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by emmaeny(m): 12:23pm On Apr 20, 2015
Fewide Plantain flour

plantain flour is very good healthy meal made from dried and pulverized unripe plantain slice, which is very rich in Vitamins, dietary fiberand low in fat, very good for with diabetes and cholesterol related aliments

1kg is #1000 retail

1 carton of 10 packs is #8000 for distributors

pls note you can call for further discussion 08074444889 or 08155571444

we are currently looking for distributors nationwide. call today as we have a platform that can make you smile to the bank daily.

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by viviblinks: 12:49pm On Apr 20, 2015
Doctors in the house,i saw my period on the 24th of February and it ended on the 28th. I was sexually active on d 15th of March. I missed my period through out the month of march. my period cam back on d 14th of April and ended on the 18th. my question is dat why didn't I see my period throughout the month of march. could it be dat I got pregnant and a miscarriage?.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 7:27am On Apr 21, 2015
viviblinks:
Doctors in the house,i saw my period on the 24th of February and it ended on the 28th. I was sexually active on d 15th of March. I missed my period through out the month of march. my period cam back on d 14th of April and ended on the 18th. my question is dat why didn't I see my period throughout the month of march. could it be dat I got pregnant and a miscarriage?.
You were afraid of pregnancy so much that it stressed you out. That disrupted your cycle. I think I explained it to you earlier. Everything normalised the moment your fears were allayed.

But if you really want to comfirm whether it was a miscarriage, do a serum pregnancy test. If it was miscarriage, pregnancy test will still be positive.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by jesulolami(f): 10:57am On Apr 21, 2015
egbamio:
Pls docs in the house. Help interprets and recommend for a couple who is TTC for about 1 year now.

URINE
UBG Normal 3.4umo1/L
BIL. Neg
KET Neg
BLD Neg
PRO Neg
NIT Neg
LEU. Neg
GLU Neg
SG 1.015
pH. <= 5.0
MALB. Neg

S ANALYSIS

Appearance- creamy white
FH - 7.0
Viscosity - hypervisied
Volume - 2.2ml
Count: 23.0 x 10 6/ml
Abnormality
Motility - 40% actively motility, 5% sugglish, 55% non motilie
Pus Cells - 1 - 2 /hpf
Culture
Epithetical cell - 1-2/hpf
Red cell - 2 - 3/hpf
Pls, where did u do all these tests and price pls? is quite expensive here, am also ttc.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by aliyumd: 12:38pm On Apr 21, 2015
doctor, my wife and i have being undrgoing pid treatment for the past one year now and she has been seen has menstual period inregularly, the problem is even with the amount of treatment we have undergone by seen a doctor regularly she has been unable to concieve. each time she has a delay in her menstrual period and we go to the hospital for test, its usually a case of pid infection. presently i am even tired of taking diffrent types of antibiotics since last year (always piscribed by our doctor) thank you
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Dadsonval(f): 12:39pm On Apr 21, 2015
omicron:
You may go back to the clinic if your symptoms have not abated. You must be able to see a doctor.

Meanwhile, your upper abdominal symptoms are not likely to be related directly to your ttc

What stage are you in your ttc? Have you done any diagnostic workups? How are they? Your dh nko? It's easier to advise when there are specific problems to tackle.

All the best
thnks Doc, God bless U. Can i still go to MOP clinic in UCH next week instead of June 4? Wil they attend to me? Though d pains are not much, i'm breathing in and out very well, my bp is good. I dont know any stage of ttc, i only did scan, blood and urine tests. My DH did semens and other tests, he 100% ok, my Dr @ UCH gynae said she d Doctor @ MOP must give her go ahead if i'm ok to get pregnant.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 11:05pm On Apr 21, 2015
aliyumd:
doctor, my wife and i have being undrgoing pid treatment for the past one year now and she has been seen has menstual period inregularly, the problem is even with the amount of treatment we have undergone by seen a doctor regularly she has been unable to concieve. each time she has a delay in her menstrual period and we go to the hospital for test, its usually a case of pid infection. presently i am even tired of taking diffrent types of antibiotics since last year (always piscribed by our doctor) thank you
PID can affect conception but I hope her other tests are normal, and your own tests too?

Are you seeing a gynaecologist or a GP?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 11:09pm On Apr 21, 2015
Dadsonval:

thnks Doc, God bless U. Can i still go to MOP clinic in UCH next week instead of June 4? Wil they attend to me? Though d pains are not much, i'm breathing in and out very well, my bp is good. I dont know any stage of ttc, i only did scan, blood and urine tests. My DH did semens and other tests, he 100% ok, my Dr @ UCH gynae said she d Doctor @ MOP must give her go ahead if i'm ok to get pregnant.
well, if you do not have any serious symptoms, it is better to visit on your appointment date. But if your symptoms worsen, please go to the clinic at any time, you will still see the doctor, though it may not be the same doctor who gave you appointment.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by famouschildren: 8:42pm On Apr 27, 2015
pls Dr. in d house, i am TTC and my dr said i should run dis test in Dec. which read
T4: 86.94 (69-141)nmol/L
T3: 1.43 (1.3-2.5) nmol/L
TSH: 14.45 (0.3-3.cool nmol/L

showing my doc, he said maybe there is a mistake somewhere and ask for a re-run in April which is;

free T4: 8.2 (7.2-16.4)pmol/l
free T3: 4.5 (3.8-6.0) pmol/l
TSH: 9.58 (0.37-3.5)mIU/

pls, how can the high tsh affect my ttc? am yet to show my doc as my appt is next week. moreso, how can i suppress d high tsh?
thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 11:59pm On Apr 27, 2015
Doctor in the House.. Have got dis serious pain in my throat (Sore throat) since last week thur av tried different antibiotic I can't sleep coz it making me uncomfortable..pls wah can I Do
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 5:58pm On Apr 28, 2015
famouschildren:
pls Dr. in d house, i am TTC and my dr said i should run dis test in Dec. which read
T4: 86.94 (69-141)nmol/L
T3: 1.43 (1.3-2.5) nmol/L
TSH: 14.45 (0.3-3.cool nmol/L

showing my doc, he said maybe there is a mistake somewhere and ask for a re-run in April which is;

free T4: 8.2 (7.2-16.4)pmol/l
free T3: 4.5 (3.8-6.0) pmol/l
TSH: 9.58 (0.37-3.5)mIU/

pls, how can the high tsh affect my ttc? am yet to show my doc as my appt is next week. moreso, how can i suppress d high tsh?
thanks
The high TSH is a sign of low thyroid hormones (T4 esp). The combination you have there suggests a "sub-clinical" hypothyroidism (low thyroid hormone), where the inapparent low thyroid hormones is still being fairly compensated by production of high TSH from the pituitary gland. Somebody with a sub-clinical hypothyroidism may not have any symptoms of thyroid problems.

Yes, when high TSH is due to hypothyroidism (even if subclinical), it can cause sub-fertility, recurrent miscarriage, abnormal foetal development and other pregnancy complications.

Treatment is straightforward and consist of pills meant to increase thyriod hormones.

However, caution is advised in initiating treatment, until you are 100% sure the lab can be trusted. Your doctor may even request a repeat of the test to verify that those results represent the truth.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 6:08pm On Apr 28, 2015
kween911:
Doctor in the House.. Have got dis serious pain in my throat (Sore throat) since last week thur av tried different antibiotic I can't sleep coz it making me uncomfortable..pls wah can I Do
If there is no underlying problem, it should subside in about a week.

If you are not with peptic ulcer, you may take tab diclofenac sodium 75mg 12hourly for 4 days with food, vitamin c and paracetamol.

If it exceeds. 2 weeks you will need to see a doctor to run some tests to find possible underlying causes.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by adebusola09: 7:35pm On Apr 28, 2015
Good evening. I did a scan today nd i was told i have a bulky uterus wih no sign of fibroid. wot do u think it is. Though d doctor already gave me drug nd he said i shld come back afta dat
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 7:50pm On Apr 28, 2015
adebusola09:
Good evening. I did a scan today nd i was told i have a bulky uterus wih no sign of fibroid. wot do u think it is. Though d doctor already gave me drug nd he said i shld come back afta dat
That is an unspecific term that means nothing in essense.

At worst, it means a uterus larger in size than expected.

It does not indicate any particular problem in itself.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by aadetoyin(f): 8:03pm On Apr 28, 2015
Good evening Doc, please how best can one conceive even with PCOS. Was on metphomin and Clomid for some months last year but with no result. Lately I have to induce my cycle with Primolut N. What is the best way to regulate the cycle.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by famouschildren: 9:38pm On Apr 28, 2015
@ omicron, thx so much for d detailed info, God bless u

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 6:04am On Apr 29, 2015
adebusola09:

Have you carried a pregnancy before?
Or,you just had one months back?
Did the scan implicate an heterogeneity of uterine tissue?

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.