Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,669 members, 7,827,458 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (158) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (880384 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by juke3: 2:54pm On Apr 06, 2015
helooo to d docs in the house need ur help can i take bromergon and clomid together i hav issues ovulating. and wat other ways will u sugest coz am ttc
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by stylesco: 7:49pm On Apr 06, 2015
Doctors in the house my friend gave birth to a premature baby 3 weeks ago.
Although the baby is jaundiced but he's fine.
The problem is he has not cried since he was born. He's still in the incubator cos he's not up to 1.5 yet.
but why hasn't he cried despite all the needles.
IS He OKAY?
The doctors ain't saying anything.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 9:33pm On Apr 06, 2015
juke3:
helooo to d docs in the house need ur help can i take bromergon and clomid together i hav issues ovulating. and wat other ways will u sugest coz am ttc
If the cause of your lack of ovulation is high prolactin, bromergon is the drug of choice. You should bring down the prolactin level first before you may add clomid.

As a ttc, are all you and your dh's tests clean?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 9:45pm On Apr 06, 2015
stylesco:
Doctors in the house my friend gave birth to a premature baby 3 weeks ago.
Although the baby is jaundiced but he's fine.
The problem is he has not cried since he was born. He's still in the incubator cos he's not up to 1.5 yet.
but why hasn't he cried despite all the needles.
IS He OKAY?
The doctors ain't saying anything.
How many weeks was the pregnancy when baby was delivered? This is the most important factor for survival.

Such babies seldom 'cry' the way you may expect. They usually only attempt to cry or make funny faces in response to pain.

Key areas of managing the baby are incubator nursin(temperature control), fluid/electrolyte management (drip), nutrition and control of jaundice and treatment/prevention of infections, among others.

I believe doctors are already doing those and more to keep the baby.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by stylesco: 6:01am On Apr 07, 2015
omicron:
How many weeks was the pregnancy when baby was delivered? This is the most important factor for survival.

Such babies seldom 'cry' the way you may expect. They usually only attempt to cry or make funny faces in response to pain.

Key areas of managing the baby are incubator nursin(temperature control), fluid/electrolyte management (drip), nutrition and control of jaundice and treatment/prevention of infections, among others.

I believe doctors are already doing those and more to keep the baby.

The baby was seven months.
Yes the doctors are already doing all these you mentioned.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by stylesco: 8:03pm On Apr 09, 2015
We've lost the baby cry cry cry
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Juzzybabe(f): 9:26pm On Apr 09, 2015
Hello doctors! Please help me. Am 39 weeks gone and I have not been feeling any serious pain or contraction but mild ones at the abdomen and also I have been urinating so frequently lately and I feel pains as the urine come (no sign of infection). I also feel pain in my anus like i wanna to poo and the poo not coming. I went for antenatal today and my doc said am due and ask if I have been contracting I explain the feelings I have been having and she said if by Tuesday I don't deliver I will be admitted and labour will be induced. It's my first time and that admission and labour induced thing is getting me scared. I will be 40 weeks on that very tuesday,please advice me on what to do to avoid being admitted. I have serious phobia for hospitals
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by hotmomma(f): 10:36pm On Apr 09, 2015
juzzybabe, am no doc but my 2cent advise is for you to CALM DOWN. u wont be induced but even if u are to be, its not a death sentence, its d best for u n ur beautiful/handsome baby. so dearie chill and pray. God will do it in a way dat will marvel you.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Juzzybabe(f): 11:11pm On Apr 09, 2015
hotmomma:
juzzybabe, am no doc but my 2cent advise is for you to CALM DOWN. u wont be induced but even if u are to be, its not a death sentence, its d best for u n ur beautiful/handsome baby. so dearie chill and pray. God will do it in a way dat will marvel you.

cheesy thanks it just my person very scary type. Amen to your prayers am believing in God.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by bintudon(f): 9:40am On Apr 10, 2015
Gud morning doc's I'm an IT student from delsu, currently looking for where to do my assignment, please help, Abuja or benin city.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nita2013: 10:24am On Apr 10, 2015
Hello dear. I m not a doctor though but a mum. I was induced at 41weeks + 1day (though not in naija) I Wass scared too cos of d storeis of how painful it is but everything went well. Just be positive, pray and allow God do d rest.

[quote author=Juzzybabe post=32536452]Hello doctors! Please help me.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by egbamio: 10:51am On Apr 10, 2015
Pls docs in the house. Help interprets and recommend for a couple who is TTC for about 1 year now.

URINE
UBG Normal 3.4umo1/L
BIL. Neg
KET Neg
BLD Neg
PRO Neg
NIT Neg
LEU. Neg
GLU Neg
SG 1.015
pH. <= 5.0
MALB. Neg

S ANALYSIS

Appearance- creamy white
FH - 7.0
Viscosity - hypervisied
Volume - 2.2ml
Count: 23.0 x 10 6/ml
Abnormality
Motility - 40% actively motility, 5% sugglish, 55% non motilie
Pus Cells - 1 - 2 /hpf
Culture
Epithetical cell - 1-2/hpf
Red cell - 2 - 3/hpf
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by tchiwinnie: 12:08pm On Apr 10, 2015
stylesco:
So sorry for ur loss.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 12:33pm On Apr 10, 2015
Juzzybabe:
Hello doctors! Please help me. Am 39 weeks gone and I have not been feeling any serious pain or contraction but mild ones at the abdomen and also I have been urinating so frequently lately and I feel pains as the urine come (no sign of infection). I also feel pain in my anus like i wanna to poo and the poo not coming. I went for antenatal today and my doc said am due and ask if I have been contracting I explain the feelings I have been having and she said if by Tuesday I don't deliver I will be admitted and labour will be induced. It's my first time and that admission and labour induced thing is getting me scared. I will be 40 weeks on that very tuesday,please advice me on what to do to avoid being admitted. I have serious phobia for hospitals
Do not be scared of induction. Induction itself is not labour and not painful.

Coituus may stimulate labour. If you have had any major complications during this pregnancy, particularly episode of bleeding, you are not advised to have coiitus.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 12:35pm On Apr 10, 2015
stylesco:
Sorry about that.

You must have done all your best.

Be consoled.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 12:44pm On Apr 10, 2015
egbamio:
Pls docs in the house. Help interprets and recommend for a couple who is TTC for about 1 year now.

URINE
UBG Normal 3.4umo1/L
BIL. Neg
KET Neg
BLD Neg
PRO Neg
NIT Neg
LEU. Neg
GLU Neg
SG 1.015
pH. <= 5.0
MALB. Neg

S ANALYSIS

Appearance- creamy white
FH - 7.0
Viscosity - hypervisied
Volume - 2.2ml
Count: 23.0 x 10 6/ml
Abnormality
Motility - 40% actively motility, 5% sugglish, 55% non motilie
Pus Cells - 1 - 2 /hpf
Culture
Epithetical cell - 1-2/hpf
Red cell - 2 - 3/hpf
Low normal count
Sub-normal quality
You may do m/c/s of sperm
The urine analysis is unremarkable

Should see a doctor to ascertain possible causes of the low normal count and explore medical options to boost count.
Should stop smoking and alcohol drinking!
Should consider vitamin c, e and zinc supplementation
Should optimise his weight if overweight and generally maintain active lifestyle (exercises)!
Should monitor the sperm every 3 months to track any increase or othetwise

Should be able to conceive though, all other things being favorable.

For the man the most important factor for fertility is quality (motility); should be above 50%

For the woman it is age. The lower the more favorable.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 12:51pm On Apr 10, 2015
bintudon:
Gud morning doc's I'm an IT student from delsu, currently looking for where to do my assignment, please help, Abuja or benin city.
What department? When will your assigment commence?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by bintudon(f): 1:44pm On Apr 10, 2015
Microbiology student, commencing November, looking for where to summit it for now
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Juzzybabe(f): 1:46pm On Apr 10, 2015
omicron:
Do not be scared of induction. Induction itself is not labour and not painful.

Coituus may stimulate labour. If you have had any major complications during this pregnancy, particularly episode of bleeding, you are not advised to have coiitus.

No complications of any kind.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 2:18pm On Apr 10, 2015
Juzzybabe:

Like any treatment, there are potential risks. Increased risk of post delivery bleeding and increased risk of Caeserean section are perhaps most important to you. Rupture of uterus is rare in first-timers, but not impossible, esp in unqualified or inexperienced hands.

Note that these are potential risks, and the odds of them happening is very high

Moreso, most times the decision to induce a pregnancy is taken, the benefit of the induction would have far outweighed the risks associated with continuing that pregnancy.

I hope we shall get news of your safe delivery.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 2:26pm On Apr 10, 2015
Juzzybabe:

Ok, I now understand that this is your response to my remark whether or not you have had issues with the pregnancy, and not an enquiry into the possible complications of induction.

In that case, you try it. The semmen contains prostaglandins, which are the natural forms of the compound used in producing some induction agents.

But do keep up with your appointment.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by egbamio: 7:04pm On Apr 10, 2015
omicron:
Low normal count
Sub-normal quality
You may do m/c/s of sperm
The urine analysis is unremarkable

Should see a doctor to ascertain possible causes of the low normal count and explore medical options to boost count.
Should stop smoking and alcohol drinking!
Should consider vitamin c, e and zinc supplementation
Should optimise his weight if overweight and generally maintain active lifestyle (exercises)!
Should monitor the sperm every 3 months to track any increase or othetwise

Should be able to conceive though, all other things being favorable.

For the man the most important factor for fertility is quality (motility); should be above 50%

For the woman it is age. The lower the more favorable.

Doc, pls what do you mean by m/c/s of sperm and unremarkable about urine analysis?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 8:08pm On Apr 10, 2015
egbamio:

Doc, pls what do you mean by m/c/s of sperm and unremarkable about urine analysis?
M/c/s is microscopy, culture and sensitivity test of the sperm, used to comfirm if there is an infection affecting the sperm

Unremarkable urine analysis means there is nothing specially wrong with the result of the urine test.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 8:11pm On Apr 10, 2015
bintudon:
Microbiology student, commencing November, looking for where to summit it for now
ok. Will ask around
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by juke3: 9:40pm On Apr 10, 2015
omicron:
If the cause of your lack of ovulation is high prolactin, bromergon is the drug of choice. You should bring down the prolactin level first before you may add clomid.

As a ttc, are all you and your dh's tests clean?
thanks omicron but would lik to know if low prolactin could affect conception too and what can i take to boost estrogen level
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 10:07pm On Apr 10, 2015
juke3:
thanks omicron but would lik to know if low prolactin could affect conception too and what can i take to boost estrogen level
Hormonal imbalance affects conception and with high prolactin levels there is already an imbalance in ur hormonal level.
A drug has been suggested for use for you but since u are ttc I will advice u drop clomid and use any of vitex or fertilaid to help balance ur hormones including estrogen.If u can lay ur hands on pregnacare conception get it.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 7:57am On Apr 11, 2015
juke3:
Low prolactin should not affect your chances of conception, but may affect breast milk production following childbirth.

If you have low estrogen, the treatment will depend on the cause. Problems in the ovary, pituitary gland, hypothalamus and many drugs and even stress may cause imbalances in your estrogen level.

If you treat it randomly or in isolation, you may just be scratching the surface alone or cause more harm than good.

Please see your gynaecologist to know why you have low estrogen. The treatment will be straightforward.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Dadsonval(f): 10:31am On Apr 13, 2015
Pls, is it possible for someone to have infection without any signs like itching, bad odour, discharge etc in female?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 12:02pm On Apr 13, 2015
Dadsonval:
Pls, is it possible for someone to have infection without any signs like itching, bad odour, discharge etc in female?
Most infections will give you symptoms. But many women are "aymptomatic carriers" of many infections esp Chlamydia. This means that they will not show any symptoms whatsoever, but will habour the infection-causing agents, and can pass them on.

I hope you are not asking fron the common experience of the lab saying you have an infection when you have no symptoms?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Dadsonval(f): 2:58pm On Apr 13, 2015
omicron:
Most infections will give you symptoms. But many women are "aymptomatic carriers" of many infections esp Chlamydia. This means that they will not show any symptoms whatsoever, but will habour the infection-causing agents, and can pass them on.

What do u mean by that?

I hope you are not asking fron the common experience of the lab saying you have an infection when you have no symptoms?

i have not being to the lab, i'm just asking cos everywoman does complain of signs of infections. Myself doesnt feel nor see any sign of infection in me
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by hotmomma(f): 3:40pm On Apr 13, 2015
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 6:11pm On Apr 13, 2015
Dadsonval:

i have not being to the lab, i'm just asking cos everywoman does complain of signs of infections. Myself doesnt feel nor see any sign of infection in me
There are normal discharges too, and not every itching is an infection.

A lot of them have no infection. Infection appears to be "trending" becos of the labs and quacks who attribute anything to infections.

Always visit a proper hospital if you have any need to, not a lab, not a pharmacy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.