Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,928 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (204) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (878868 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by adaphik(f): 8:31pm On Jan 05, 2016
Thx.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by matrix199(m): 8:34pm On Jan 05, 2016
rofemiguwa:
Hahahahaha. I do feel like riding a bicycle atimes. But lagos has such busy lanes.. Thank u so much doc. So do u advise I get pregncare n take half tab a dose to suplement my folic acid n astyfer.
I feel so dizzy dis days as if I lack blood or sometin.
Thanks for d advice.

You can get the pregnacare or any other pregnancy care supplements. But since I don't know your medical history, I won't be able to tell u to take it daily, or place you on discreet dose. This should be left for your doc. But then, you can take 1tab once every 2-days or you take half of a tab, then take lots of natural fresh fruits and vegetables. Don't forget to have fetal USS to monitor the fetus weight.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by matrix199(m): 8:45pm On Jan 05, 2016
adaphik:
Hello doc, I am a nursing mother, i just started inserting gynacosid. Pls I hope it doesn't get to the breast milk. Thx.

Why are you using gynacosid? And why insert in?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Qmab: 8:53pm On Jan 05, 2016
matrix199:

Only if the lady is suicidal.

Irony of life..... What others are in dire need of. Please, for the love of God, convince whoever it is to keep the preg.
Sounded as deadly as an atomic bomb about to explode to me too. Thanks.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by adaphik(f): 9:00pm On Jan 05, 2016
matrix199:

Why are you using gynacosid? And why insert in?

Vag. Yeast inf.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by matrix199(m): 9:08pm On Jan 05, 2016
adaphik:

Vag. Yeast inf.

Oh! Antifungal suppository. Well, it wld get to the breastmilk. Maybe, not a significant amount wld infiltrate the breastmilk. How old is the baby?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by debehh: 9:18pm On Jan 05, 2016
matrix199:

Do you know what postinor is? I can sense you don't. Postinor is an emergency oral contraceptive pill. You don't take it like you take your antimalarial drug for prophylaxis. Postinor is an emergency pill. You're meant to take it when the situation you find urslf in having sex is beyond ur control. But from the complaint, I can tell you take this pill regularly after sex. I may be wrong tho. But you just have to be careful how you take this pill. It has some short and long terms adverse effects. Postinor works by inhibiting the secretion of progestational hormones, thus preventing implantation. It ends up imbalancing the hormones, leading to menstrual irregularities.

You had sex on the 17th of nov, 5days after the start of your period. Pregnancy was unlikely cos you were in ur safe period, except in a Short Menstrual Cycle of 21days, or as you mentioned, irregular periods where spotting or vaginal bleeding may be misconstrued for menstrual periods and you lose chart of the actual safe and unsafe periods.

You're not pregnant. You may run the scan if you wish to, though it's not necessary. I'll also advise you visit a gynae at the nearest hospital for review.

tnx doc. Happy new year. Its out. But i didnt go for d hormonal essay. Do i still need to go? NB- IT Came out on the 47th day. Tnk u.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by matrix199(m): 9:24pm On Jan 05, 2016
debehh:

tnx doc. Happy new year. Its out. But i didnt go for d hormonal essay. Do i still need to go? NB- IT Came out on the 47th day. Tnk u.

I'm glad it finally flowed. So, what calendar date did the period present?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by debehh: 9:38pm On Jan 05, 2016
matrix199:

I'm glad it finally flowed. So, what calendar date did the period present?

28th of dec. Is dia a problem?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by adaphik(f): 9:44pm On Jan 05, 2016
matrix199:

Oh! Antifungal suppository. Well, it wld get to the breastmilk. Maybe, not a significant amount wld infiltrate the breastmilk. How old is the baby?

$
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by matrix199(m): 9:52pm On Jan 05, 2016
debehh:

28th of dec. Is dia a problem?

No problem. So, 28th of december is your cd1. Take note of the date. Also, take note of the date your subsequent period will present. Then take note of the 3rd consecutive period. If the intervals are consistent, then your menstruation is regular. If it's not, give it time, it would become regular in further subsequent periods.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by matrix199(m): 9:57pm On Jan 05, 2016
adaphik:

6weeks.

Stil an infant. I'll advise you discontinue the antifungal. But if the discomfort is unbearable, you can continue with it.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by debehh: 10:24pm On Jan 05, 2016
matrix199:

No problem. So, 28th of december is your cd1. Take note of the date. Also, take note of the date your subsequent period will present. Then take note of the 3rd consecutive period. If the intervals are consistent, then your menstruation is regular. If it's not, give it time, it would become regular in further subsequent periods.

ok. Tnk u doc. God bless u
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Chili89: 6:45am On Jan 06, 2016
Hello Doc, I woke up this morning to notice that my nipple is no longer sore though I'm yet to see any blood flow. I'm four weeks pregnant. Pls what could be the preblem?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by diva90: 7:15am On Jan 06, 2016
Hello Doctor, I have an important question... I was diagnosed with PCOS years back, I am aware that one of the side effects is infertility. I intend to start Ttc soon with my husband. Now I need to know if there are things that I should be doing to counter this possible side effect. A gynecologist once recommended I stay on birth control pills until I'm ready to start trying for a baby. What do you recommend?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by adaphik(f): 8:13am On Jan 06, 2016
matrix199:

Stil an infant. I'll advise you discontinue the antifungal. But if the discomfort is unbearable, you can continue with it.

Pls are u referring to antifungals generally or the particular one i'm using (gynotiocosid)?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Rukkington(f): 8:37am On Jan 06, 2016
matrix199:

What I can make out from the report is that you have a small cyst in your left ovary. If the sonographer said you've ovulated, the question is....when? But If the egg was released today, then you have today, tomorrow, and probably the next, to have intercourse. If it was released before today, say yesterday, then you have today, and probably tomorrow, to have intercourse, and hopefully it leads to fertilization.
All the best.

Thnx Doc
Please, wat is d implication of d cyst? Will it prevent conception.
Since my uterus is normal, I want to know if automatically my fallopian tube is normal too because dey all contribute to easy conception
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Janix2: 5:56pm On Jan 06, 2016
Happy new year doc,i wish u the best this new year,
pls can I eat tigernuts,hope it doesn't have side effects,i read that it can increase breastmilk production and I just treated for high prolactin.i notice sudden luv for it.
Am an about to conceive mother.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by matrix199(m): 6:49pm On Jan 06, 2016
Janix2:
Happy new year doc,i wish u the best this new year,
pls can I eat tigernuts,hope it doesn't have side effects,i read that it can increase breastmilk production and I just treated for high prolactin.i notice sudden luv for it.
I'm an about to conceive mother.

Happy new year.

Well, I wouldn't know if tigernut stimulates prolactin secretion. But I think what they meant was it stimulates breastmilk production in pregnant ladies, and nursing mothers. I don't think it wld have any significant effect on your prolactin level. Take vitamin C for example, you wld have to eat a basket load of citrus fruits to get the equivalent of 1000mg u get from your daily vitamin C supplements.

Well, you can eat the tigernuts moderately, not excessively, so you don't develop tiger stripes.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jan 06, 2016
Hello doctor. Please is micozol plus. The same as Cyclogest pessaries? Am kind of confused because the doctor told me to get cyclogest pessaries and the pharmacist handed micozol plus....pls help o
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by matrix199(m): 6:58pm On Jan 06, 2016
Rukkington:

Thnx Doc
Please, wat is d implication of d cyst? Will it prevent conception.
Since my uterus is normal, I want to know if automatically my fallopian tube is normal too because dey all contribute to easy conception

I'll presume your tubes are okay, since PID infection was ruled out. You can run HSG to be sure if you want.

The cyst, depending on the size, may interfere with ovulation. But yours seems small enough to have little impact.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by matrix199(m): 7:16pm On Jan 06, 2016
Mowojuoluwa:
Hello doctor. Please is micozol plus. The same as Cyclogest pessaries? Am kind of confused because the doctor told me to get cyclogest pessaries and the pharmacist handed micozol plus....pls help o

Pharmacist? Or drug store attendant? Because a pharmacist should know the difference btw cyclogest(progesterone pessary), from micozol plus(oral antifungal).

Return it.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jan 06, 2016
Thank you doctor, you just saved me smiley
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Rukkington(f): 9:24am On Jan 07, 2016
matrix199:

I'll presume your tubes are okay, since PID infection was ruled out. You can run HSG to be sure if you want.
The cyst, depending on the size, may interfere with ovulation. But yours seems small enough to have little impact.

Thnx Doc
But, is der any drug I can use or cyst can't be cure
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jan 07, 2016
@matrix199....pls doc,is surgery d only solution to varicocele? Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by matrix199(m): 11:44pm On Jan 07, 2016
rainyday:
@matrix199....pls doc,is surgery d only solution to varicocele? Thanks

I'm afraid YES.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by matrix199(m): 11:51pm On Jan 07, 2016
Rukkington:

Thnx Doc
But, is der any drug I can use or cyst can't be cure

The cyst is cyclical, meaning it grows and shrinks at every interval. Any drug that wld inhibit its growth wld have anovulatory effect(meaning it may hinder ovulation).

Like I said, the size is small enough to have little impact.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by matrix199(m): 11:53pm On Jan 07, 2016
adaphik:

Pls are u referring to antifungals generally or the particular one i'm using (gynotiocosid)?

I'm referring to all drugs administered orally, vaginally, or rectally.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by matrix199(m): 12:50am On Jan 08, 2016
diva90:
Hello Doctor, I have an important question... I was diagnosed with PCOS years back, I am aware that one of the side effects is infertility. I intend to start Ttc soon with my husband. Now I need to know if there are things that I should be doing to counter this possible side effect. A gynecologist once recommended I stay on birth control pills until I'm ready to start trying for a baby. What do you recommend?

The implication of PCOS is infertility. The birth control pill serves a purpose. When you begin ttc, your gynae will place you on ovulation stimulating drug, if you don't ovulate naturally.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Rukkington(f): 6:56am On Jan 08, 2016
matrix199:

The cyst is cyclical, meaning it grows and shrinks at every interval. Any drug that wld inhibit its growth wld have anovulatory effect(meaning it may hinder ovulation).
Like I said, the size is small enough to have little impact.

Ok Doc, am grateful
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Merxi: 3:56pm On Jan 08, 2016
hello doc,I had my normal period on the Dec 25th to 30th...I bleeded on the 7th of this month nd it stopped dat same day...but since yesterday av bn bleeding and it hasn't stopped til now..what might be wrong?....pls do reply me,tanx
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by portable4real: 9:20pm On Jan 08, 2016
Good evening doctor,,Thank you for the God sent work you have been doing. Please when I forcefully press my breast it use to bring out water..not even up to a drop. Is there need for concern. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.