Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,951 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (205) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (878871 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by matrix199(m): 7:47am On Jan 09, 2016
portable4real:
Good evening doctor,,Thank you for the God sent work you have been doing. Please when I forcefully press my breast it use to bring out water..not even up to a drop. Is there need for concern. Thanks

The droplet you observe when you press your breas.t is due to breast tissue stimulation. Breast handling and tight fitting are known to stimulate breast tissue. The need for concern is why you do press your breast forcefully?!

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by matrix199(m): 7:51am On Jan 09, 2016
Merxi:
hello doc,I had my normal period on the Dec 25th to 30th...I bleeded on the 7th of this month nd it stopped dat same day...but since yesterday av bn bleeding and it hasn't stopped til now..what might be wrong?....pls do reply me,tanx

Was there any drug you took, like contraceptive or antibiotic?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by portable4real: 8:40am On Jan 09, 2016
Thank you doctor,,please my menstrual cycle has always be in the range of 24 to 27. For 4 months it will be 26 lenght. For the following 3 to 4 month it will be 25. Is it normal.but it has never exceed those lenght.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Merxi: 8:49am On Jan 09, 2016
GM doc, I only took amoxycillin
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by matrix199(m): 10:48am On Jan 09, 2016
Merxi:
GM doc, I only took amoxycillin

That explains why you observed the irregular bleeding. Now you know the antibiotic is the reason why you spotted and later bled subsequently.

Why did you take the antibiotic?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by matrix199(m): 11:00am On Jan 09, 2016
portable4real:
Thank you doctor,,please my menstrual cycle has always be in the range of 24 to 27. For 4 months it will be 26 lenght. For the following 3 to 4 month it will be 25. Is it normal.but it has never exceed those lenght.

A period is said to be regular/normal when it presents consistently. If your period presents in every 26day for four(4) successions and alters to 25day for another four(4) or three(3) successions, then it's quite regular/normal. Some unknown factors may be responsible for the insignificant change in cycle length. Like do you know the moon has an effect on cycle length?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by portable4real: 12:54pm On Jan 09, 2016
Thank you very much sir. God wil reward you.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by rozeeb: 1:47pm On Jan 09, 2016
pls wanted to ask i want to go for follicular tracking in enugu pls which hospital should i go to. Want to try St patrick Dr Ezugwu dnt know if anybody have gone there pls answer. Tanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Veronica0705(f): 3:07pm On Jan 09, 2016
@doc is there any treatment for CAH?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by matrix199(m): 5:45pm On Jan 09, 2016
Veronica0705:
@doc is there any treatment for CAH?

Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia. Yes there's management for the disorder. This is an endocrine disorder thus, I'll advise you consult an endocrinologist.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by matrix199(m): 5:49pm On Jan 09, 2016
rozeeb:
pls wanted to ask i want to go for follicular
tracking in enugu pls which hospital should i go
to. Want to try St patrick Dr Ezugwu dnt know if
anybody have gone there pls answer. Tanks

Why not open a thread for this? Folks who stay in enugu may be of help.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by bulunton(f): 6:25pm On Jan 09, 2016
Dr. In d house.please how soon should ovulation occur if a patient stops d use of combination 3 pill on 23rd of December and had a d&c for 24th november.she is seriously ttc.thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by matrix199(m): 6:49pm On Jan 09, 2016
bulunton:
Dr. In d house.please how soon should ovulation occur if a patient stops d use of combination 3 pill on 23rd of December and had a d&c for 24th november.she is seriously ttc.thanks

Once the pill is discontinued, ovulation and menstruation may take a short or long while to resume. So it depends. But then, after your expected menstruation has presented, you should look out for the ovulation signs.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jan 09, 2016
Good Evening Doc,
Pls can clomid and ovaboost be taken together?

thank u
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jan 09, 2016
Gud evening doc, in 2010 i had an ectopic pregnancy and i was 19 then, went to d hospital and was given an injection and some drugs which flushed out d blood but no evacuation was done, after that i tried to conceive immediately but to no avail but every pregnancy test i did was positive but wen i go for scan nothing wil b seen after which my period wil start, it went on like dat til last 2 years wen i finally took in without knowing, went for scan and nothing was seen but d test kept saying positive even though my period stopped coming but at 4months 2weeks d scan was able to detect it and i gave birth to a beautiful baby gal on Christmas day 2014, have been to d hospital several times as to y i always test positive even wen I'm not pregnant and they keep telling me it hormonal. Don't know if u hv a diif opinion as to wat could b wrong because very soon i wil start ttc. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by matrix199(m): 8:34pm On Jan 09, 2016
Ardenb:
Good Evening Doc,
Pls can clomid and ovaboost be taken together?

thank u

Yes they can be taken together. Ovaboost is a nutritional supplement formulated to improve egg quality.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jan 09, 2016
matrix199:

Yes they can be taken together. Ovaboost is a nutritional supplement formulated to improve egg quality.

Thank you.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by matrix199(m): 8:48pm On Jan 09, 2016
sexybrown004:
Gud evening doc, in 2010 i had an ectopic pregnancy and i was 19 then, went to d hospital and was given an injection and some drugs which flushed out d blood but no evacuation was done, after that i tried to conceive immediately but to no avail but every pregnancy test i did was positive but wen i go for scan nothing wil b seen after which my period wil start, it went on like dat til last 2 years wen i finally took in without knowing, went for scan and nothing was seen but d test kept saying positive even though my period stopped coming but at 4months 2weeks d scan was able to detect it and i gave birth to a beautiful baby gal on Christmas day 2014, have been to d hospital several times as to y i always test positive even wen I'm not pregnant and they keep telling me it hormonal. Don't know if u hv a diif opinion as to wat could b wrong because very soon i wil start ttc. Thanks

I agree with them. It's hormonal. The placenta is not the only structure that secretes hCG. The pituitary gland also secretes hCG, though in small amount. The pituitary may be having a mass, or a kind of benign tumor, that makes it dysfunction.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by prettmum(f): 10:38pm On Jan 09, 2016
Doctor good evening, more grease to ur elbow

Abeg touch light this ULtrasound scan result for me
The uterus is normal in size with AP dimension os 3.6cm. It show preserved endometrimel/myometrial echo complex. There is a well defined right adexal cyst measuring 3.3*3.3cm in size, the left adnexal and POd are preserved. The urinary bladder is intact
NOTE- the doctor said I'm about to ovulate
I'm in cd 13
Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by matrix199(m): 11:10pm On Jan 09, 2016
prettmum:
Doctor good evening, more grease to ur elbow

Abeg touch light this ULtrasound scan result for me
The uterus is normal in size with AP dimension os 3.6cm. It show preserved endometrimel/myometrial echo complex. There is a well defined right adexal cyst measuring 3.3*3.3cm in size, the left adnexal and POd are preserved. The urinary bladder is intact
NOTE- the doctor said I'm about to ovulate
I'm in cd 13
Thanks

Other reports are okay except for the cyst report. If s he says you're about to ovulate, I'l think he misconstrued the fully developed follicle for cyst.

Just wait to observe the ovulation
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by tutucious(f): 6:56am On Jan 10, 2016
Edited
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 7:19am On Jan 10, 2016
rozeeb:
pls wanted to ask i want to go for follicular
tracking in enugu pls which hospital should i go
to. Want to try St patrick Dr Ezugwu dnt know if
anybody have gone there pls answer. Tanks
Dr Ezugwu is good.

Unfortunately, I do not know the cost.

All the best
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by prettmum(f): 7:28am On Jan 10, 2016
Thanks doc
he said I had a cyst but it wil go away once I ovulate. Because he saw my follicle at the left adexal and I asked me to go and meet my hubby, and I ve been cramping in my left since 4 days now though it has subsided. I'm ttc my gynea sent me for the scan to evaluate pid.

Happy Sunday Doc
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by prettmum(f): 7:30am On Jan 10, 2016
Omincron welcome back Doc, we miss you.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by tutucious(f): 8:07am On Jan 10, 2016
... Sexybrown004 pls check your mail
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:21am On Jan 10, 2016
tutucious:

I'm somehow in the same boat... Pls was it the blood test that always show positive or urine test or both?
If it was blood that always show positive was it faintly positive?
If urine was the positive line also faintly positive ?
Please your response will help
on a closer look now i think it was faint in both in some cases bcause i remember d lab attendant told me it was faint wen i went for test (blood) months after i gave birth wen my period delayed though it has returned in d subsequent months
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by tutucious(f): 8:27am On Jan 10, 2016
cool
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jan 10, 2016
pls doc is there any treatment or drugs i should b taking or i should just relax and wait it out
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by rozeeb: 5:50pm On Jan 10, 2016
omicron:
Dr Ezugwu is good.
Unfortunately, I do not know the cost.
All the best
thanks alot doc. Hve a nice day
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by blessingDanfrey: 8:39pm On Jan 10, 2016
Gooday Dr.
My Name is Blessing from Nigeria. I am 20 years old. My period ended 2weeks back)( 29th dec,2015). My ovulation started yesterday 9th, Jan 2016. I am experiencing pimples on my face, painful Nipples (No sore or heavy breast like I see during my period), then I get wet but not Hot. Please what is wrong, I need your advice.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by matrix199(m): 10:22pm On Jan 10, 2016
blessingDanfrey:
Gooday Dr.
My Name is Blessing from Nigeria. I am 20 years old. My period ended 2weeks back)( 29th dec,2015). My ovulation started yesterday 9th, Jan 2016. I am experiencing pimples on my face, painful Nipples (No sore or heavy breast like I see during my period), then I get wet but not Hot. Please what is wrong, I need your advice.

These are signs of ovulation. You may not necessarily feel Hot as you used to because of estrogen level. Don't worry, nothing is wrong.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.