Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,069 members, 7,852,627 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 10:07 PM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (883493 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 3:11pm On Oct 22, 2008
wink
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 3:11am On Oct 23, 2008
@ikamefa

Am a jill of all medical tradessmiley Actually I am trained in performing cosmetic surgery of the female Instruments. You will be amazed how uncomfortable certain women are with their anatomies. It is also very bloody surgery since that area has a lot of vasculature

@bece
As long as your husband exercises proper hygienic technique, you should be fine. Alum will only work temporarily. Kegel's are the best for improving vaginal tone
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 3:15am On Oct 23, 2008
@angelt

Ovulation occurs approximately 14 days before the onset of menses. If you know your cycle length which is the time between the first of menses to the next menses, you can predict your ovulation date.

@meridian

I think you need a good sit down discussion with your gyn. I don't want to confuse you. I am unsure what he/she is trying to accomplish and I don't feel comfortable discussing your management. After the sit down, feel free to come here for clarification but I think it is a great disservice to you if your own MD has not fully explained your careplan
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 3:16am On Oct 23, 2008
@ jpphillips

More like the pill, ring or patch. Easy on, easy off.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 3:20am On Oct 23, 2008
@olive4rl

JP, I disagree terribly with you. fluconazole is for yeast infections. E.Coli is a bacteria. You need antibiotics that have gram negative coverage. That being said, a uti will not cause chest pain. Spotting can occur with a uti due to inflammation. Another thing of note is the fact that E.coli comes from the GI tract. Be careful to wipe from front to back to prevent getting an infection
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 3:27am On Oct 23, 2008
aysometin:

Hello Dr Kate, nice one
I have few questions or rather problems I need you to help me with.

1) I have serious headaches and fever after my period every month, most of the time I take Panadol but I just feel its not normal, I feel weak and sick, What do you think is the cause and solution?? Please note that i usually have heavy flow for 5 days.
2) I get UTI(Cystisis) too frequently and I have had to do alot of research on it from the internet, its says main cause is hygeine but that can't be my own problem because I am extremely neat when it comes to that aspect and I have tried all the solutions in the books, I saw my Dr and he said there is no permanent solution to it and it can keep re-occuring maybe just less frequently, its very uncomfortable for me when it happens and it usually happens in my own case after clitoral stimulation during sex, a lot of pain follows the stimulation and it eventualy lead to UTI, please advice
3) I recently got married abiout 3 months ago and planning to get pregnant, infact my husband is really anxious now, I am a lot calmer than he is though, what Vitamins do u reccommend specifically because i have read u say vitamins (please be specific), I got the folic acid, so I am definatley starting on that one today.
4) My period comes say between the 21st- 23rd of each month now ( at least in the last 6 months), though it shifts by days atimes. Please what is my ovulation day/period

Waiting for your reply

Thank you

1. Since your flow is heavy, you may be anemic which may be why you get the headaches
2. The vagina has bacteria and if your partner get his finger in the vagina and then onto the urethra, you may end up with a uti. Try to urinate after sex to wash away the bacteria
3. Take any prenatal vitamins, preferably one with omega acids
4. You need to calculate the days between the first day of one menses to the first day of the next. Your ovulation date is 14 days before the onset of menses. The body has its own calendar which may or may not coincide with the regular calendar
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Sammiejo: 8:04pm On Oct 23, 2008
Doc, remember me. Saw my gym yesterday my hb is now 11.4. My iron was increased to 3 times a day and I was given b complex, vita c, and multivIte plus my regular medication, I am thinking is it not too much. What do u think?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 9:49pm On Oct 23, 2008
@sammiejo

I think it is perfectsmiley You will be fine.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by marami: 12:15pm On Oct 24, 2008
Dear Kathy,

Please how do i increase my cervical mucus during ovulation?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ucjc: 12:24pm On Oct 24, 2008
Hello Dr Katty,
pls what can be the reason for one having severe pain in the bone at varous parts of the body but at different times, it could be the fingers or the toes but most times its always from the knee down to the toes.
pain inside the bone.
it is really unbearable some times,
pls what can i do
thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 7:42pm On Oct 25, 2008
@marami

May I ask why?

@ucjc

There are several reasons why that can happen. You need to go see you generalist.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by freesmile(f): 2:46pm On Oct 26, 2008
Hi Dr.

I just found out that I am way past due to visit an OB\GYN while talking to my friends they found out that I had never been and said I had to. I am 22 never been, never even knew I was supposed to go because I wasn't raised that way (that is my mum and I don't actually sit down and discuss anything sexual over icecream or anything like that). I have known for two years now that I am to go see one but I am actually terrified of going.

My question is what are the consequences of me postponing a visit and is a visit to the gynecologist the big deal I am making it out to be?

Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by jpphilips(m): 12:00pm On Oct 27, 2008
kathyekiti

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology
« #676 on: October 23, 2008, 03:20 AM »

@olive4rl

JP, I disagree terribly with you. fluconazole is for yeast infections. E.Coli is a bacteria. You need antibiotics that have gram negative coverage. That being said, a uti will not cause chest pain. Spotting can occur with a uti due to inflammation. Another thing of note is the fact that E.coli comes from the GI tract. Be careful to wipe from front to back to prevent getting an infection

of course i was in a hurry, anyways even quack doctors will agree with u
actually, is a friend that has candid albican more like a mix up
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Angolobabe(f): 6:17pm On Oct 28, 2008
Hello kathyekiti ,
i just want to congratulate u on ur service here on nairaland,ur doing a great job may God bless u ,i will get intouch whenever i have any questions.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 5:07am On Oct 29, 2008
@freesmile

Quick question, have you ever had sex, if yes, how old were you?

@jp
Glad you agree

@angolobabe

Thanx for the kudos. Really means a lot to mesmiley
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by marami: 9:27am On Oct 29, 2008
I understand if one ones to have a male child you need to have more cervical mucus (Egg White Cervical Mucus )that will enable sperm (Y chromoson) swim faster to the egg. I know i ovulate but not with the Egg White Cervical Mucus.

Regards.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ladidy: 11:16am On Oct 29, 2008
Hello Dr kathy
Am suppose see my MC since on the 20th October but have not seen it till date. I presume am pregnant but the only sign is my breast that is a bit bigger than before,and i also have a sharp pain around my abdomen as if is a Menstrual pain. please am confuse
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by uzoo: 4:15pm On Oct 29, 2008
good day to you Dr Kathy,

thanks for being helpful here,

just one question ,

my cousin has an 8 month old baby boy and just discovered from a test 2days ago

she was pregnant (cos she missed her period on the 21st).

pls any advice on what to do as an alternative to abortion as

the couple arent ready for the next child yet,and she's against abortion.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 3:27am On Oct 30, 2008
@marami

Nope, that is false. The change in cervical mucus is dependent on your progesterone level

@ladidy

I would suggest a pregnancy test

@ uzoo
I am not sure how to help you here. The options are to have the baby and keep it, have the baby and give it up for adoption, or abortion. Good luck
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by olabola(f): 8:12pm On Nov 02, 2008
@kathyekiti

please, i'll like to know if i am pregnant. my last mc was on the 30th of september and i was epecting it around 28th of october based on my 28 day cycle. i realised i started having pains on my nipples about a week before my expected menstruation and i am still feeling the pain till now. i saw little blood on 28 but stopped, it came on the eveing of 29th again but was thick ad brownish, not the colour of blood, i only notice this only when i dip my hand into my vagina, it never stained my pant until it stopped, that means that i never used a pad this month coz it wasn't flowing at all. i did a pregnancy test with pregnacy strip at home, and the result came with 2 red lines meaning positive, i vomit whenever i brush and its always green and very bitter. i haven't been to the lab to do a proper test but i went to the Gyn and he said he can't really say if i am pregnant becos it is too early to know now. is this true Dr?and also is there anything like false positive, this was what the Gyn told me that they've seen cases of false negative which i know about but i have never heard false postive. Does it mean that one mught not be pregnant and a test tells u that u are, i feel he doesn't know what he is saying. i am scared coz if i happen to be pregnant, then i need to go for treatments, the spotting could be a result of attempted miscarriage.

please Dr i need your help, thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 8:45pm On Nov 02, 2008
@olabola

No, it isn't too early to take a pregnancy test. The spotting could just be what we call implantation bleed because it was so slight. I would suggest a pregnancy test and then take it from there. As for treatment, there are only a few specific scenarios where a doctor's intervention can support a pregnancy this early. That being said, I think the wait and see approach is best at this time
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by oracle7: 9:16am On Nov 03, 2008
@kathyekiti

thanks for ur response, i just did a pregnancy test this morning and it says POSITIVE. i am relieved of the pressure from my husband, he is the happiest man as at the moment. hanks once again, but what are the things i can start doing from now on?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by olabola(f): 9:30am On Nov 03, 2008
oracle7:

@kathyekiti

thanks for ur response, i just did a pregnancy test this morning and it says POSITIVE. i am relieved of the pressure from my husband, he is the happiest man as at the moment. hanks once again, but what are the things i can start doing from now on?

@kathyekiti

this msg is from Olabola, i mistakenly replied with someone elses user name. i think oracle7 did not sign out after using the computer
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 4:02am On Nov 04, 2008
Congratulations!! I am so happy for you. I would suggest you start your prenatal vitamins preferably one with omega acids. I would also suggest you abstain from sex at least until the second trimester. You should visit the cdc.gov website to look at the amounts and types of fish that are ok to eat based on their mercury levels. Please visit often and let me know how things are going.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by KarmaMod(f): 4:19am On Nov 04, 2008
kathyekiti:
I would also suggest you abstain from sex at least until the second trimester.
Hey Kathy, Ekiti kete grin Ive seen you suggest this to early mothers, what's the reason?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Meridian(f): 1:20pm On Nov 05, 2008
Good day Dr.

Please recall, you advised me to have a good sit down discussion with your Gyn. That i have done and a pelvic scan was carried out and attached is the sonographic report. Please study it and come back to me.

Right now, my Gyn placed me on the following tablets: Primolut N, Glucophage 500mg, Pregnacare and Evening Prime Rose.

I appreciate all your care.

Thank you and God bless you.

my personal email address is JOSSY834@YAHOO.COM

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 3:31am On Nov 07, 2008
@karmamod

This is not for everyone just women who have spotting or pelvic pain. The cervix gets very vascular i.e. has a lot of blood during pregnancy and sex can traumatize it
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 3:35am On Nov 07, 2008
@meridian

Good job! I hope you feel better and less confused. I understand what your gyn is trying to do a little more clearly now. Please drop by often and good luck
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by KarmaMod(f): 3:36am On Nov 07, 2008
spotting? as in impregnation spotting? cos I thought that was normal
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Tonim(f): 3:39am On Nov 07, 2008
Dr Kathy

I just want to thank you for a wonderful job you are doing here kiss
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 3:42am On Nov 07, 2008
@ tonim

Thank you. You just made my daysmiley
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 3:44am On Nov 07, 2008
@ Karmamod

I think you mean implantation bleeding. Not all first trimester bleeding is implantation bleeding. In fact, implantation bleeding is the least "serious" of the conditions which can cause bleeding in the first trimester. The no sex edict is to prevent aggravating the situation while we look for the cause.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.