Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,785 members, 7,831,543 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (880874 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by KarmaMod(f): 3:45am On Nov 07, 2008
Ah ok. Thanks for going in depth. smiley
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 4:12am On Nov 07, 2008
You are very welcomesmiley
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by go4gold107(m): 10:44am On Nov 07, 2008
Hi Kat,

Here I come again.

My wife is currently 15 weeks pregnant. Initially, when we noticed she was pregnant, she started taking ordinary multivatamins and after about 6 weeks, she started taking a Prenatal Vitamins I got in a Pharmacy store for like (1,600 naira) can't remember the name. It finished after four weeks and I went back to the pharmacy store, I couldnt get the same prenatal vitamins. I had to get Pregnacare (which is like N3,600). I will continue with this Pregnacare.

Please I want find out if these changes in the Vitamins administered will cause any negative effect.

Thanks for the good works. Please keep it up!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Meridian(f): 12:06pm On Nov 07, 2008
Good day Dr. Kaithy,

I was happy to hear that positive expression from you. Thank you very much.

Again, I was instructed this morning by my Gyn to go for another pelvic scan. The result is hereby attached for your information and advise.

May God continue to bless you.

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by shalata: 4:33pm On Nov 08, 2008
hello doc kathy,

may God almighty give you more wisdom as you help to give advice to all

i remenber when i wrote you early this year when i had miscarriage,you advice me and encourage me.now i am 6month and 2days gone.and am expecting a BOY.Everything is going on well with me and my preg.

Doc,is it safe to fly for 20hours and when is the best month?and i will fly this month may be at 6months and 2weeks for 5hrs.i talk to my OB here he said he will give me drugs to help to prevent discomfort.

pls what your advice sincrerely.

thank you
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by RayD(m): 5:30pm On Nov 08, 2008
am 39 wks gone no sign of labour wot sould i go and tired of the pregnacy. it so big
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 2:06am On Nov 09, 2008
@go4gold

No need to worry at all. I think your wife will be fine

@meridian

What was the time between the two ultrasounds?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Sammiejo: 10:25pm On Nov 09, 2008
Hello Doc, its me again. I am now in my 33rd week. I have been experiencing a cold . I went to the clinic and was given Chlorpheneramine by the GP (4mg every night). I tried checking it out online and have been coming across some scary reports. As a gyn do you think its safe or should I discontinue the use.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Meridian(f): 9:35am On Nov 10, 2008
Good morning Dr.

The first ultrasaound was on the 29.10.2008 and LMP was on 24.10.2008.
Then the second ultrasound was 8.10.2008.

Thanks and God bless.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by uteh: 4:52pm On Nov 10, 2008
I
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by simi29: 11:18pm On Nov 11, 2008
Doctor, please can l email you privately.Thank you
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 3:04am On Nov 12, 2008
@sammiejo

Don't worry. It is considered a category B med which is the same as tylenol.

@ meridian

Did you switch these dates around, if so, I think that there should have been a 6 week interval between the ultrasounds to capture you at a different time in your cycle
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 3:06am On Nov 12, 2008
@ uteh

Your doctor is correct. A subserosal myoma will not affect your ability to get pregnant however any treatment plan will definitely delay your attempts. How old are you?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 3:07am On Nov 12, 2008
@simi

I am so sorry. I don't give out my email anymore. I am still battling the 419ers who constantly clog my inbox. If you like, you can display your email and I will contact you
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by izzabett(f): 7:58am On Nov 12, 2008
Hello Katthy,
You doing a great job keep it up! My cycle is 28 days, my last period was on the 9th October, It didnt come on the 6th as expected,and I thought I was pregnant. I however started bleeding yesterday morning, aquick trip to my doc & he said it was my period although he didnt carry out ant test, he said since the bleeding is withouit pain, that a lady's cycle can be regular and nature can change any time.
Ok what do you think? It's really nature, right? I want to keep trying., What do I do now, that it appears my cycle changed. Thanks.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Meridian(f): 9:05am On Nov 12, 2008
Good morning Dr.

Actually it was my Gyn. that instructed me to do the scan.

Just yesterday 11.11.2008 my period surfaced and the flow is heavy and ok. Pls what is the next step and
when should i expect my ovulation.

Best regard,
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by uteh: 9:13am On Nov 12, 2008
I
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by modupsie(f): 10:09am On Nov 12, 2008
hi Dr kathey

a friend of mine who was suppose to menstruate in 2weeks time
suddenly menstruated for one day last week
and she is so scared,if something has gone wrong wit her cycle.
the menstrustion came b4 time and lasted for one day and it was a normal flow
pls your advice is needed asap.
thank u and keep up d good work
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by monifunsho: 3:18pm On Nov 14, 2008
hi Dr,thanks a lot for the good work.Pls i have a question,my elder sister have been complaining about a worm in her uterus immediatly she got married, dis occurred for almost 2 years which always lead to miscarriages more than 3 times before she conceived January this year in which she gave birth to a premature baby.We thank God the baby is doing fine,but recently last week she started complaining that the worm has started again.Pls Dr what can cause dis?.Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Aladunni(f): 4:59pm On Nov 14, 2008
well done dokinta,

how much can diet affect a menstrual cycle?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by pastorking(m): 11:00pm On Nov 14, 2008
Hello Kathy, My wife is due for delivery this month and we are thinking she should do "Baby Friendly Breastfeeding" What are the real benefits of this. Or is it a sheer waste of time ?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by jesuseun1(m): 4:05am On Nov 15, 2008
my wife is about 7months preg, during sex,she always find the face to face position comfortable ,she doesnt find d rear position comfortable.pls doc ,I hope there is no side effect of the face to face position.hope to hear from u,thanks.which other position can u suggest 4 us apart from the face to face that will be safe 4 her.thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 4:22am On Nov 15, 2008
@izzabett
Don't be worried. This can happen. Even the stress of wanting to get pregnant can throw off one's period. Relax and please make sure you are taking prenatal vitamins with folic acid. Good luck

@ meridian

Just remember to mark your calendar. Use the number of days in your cycle to calculate your ovulation date. Your lining was thickened so I would expect a heavy flow to get rid of that lining. Good luck
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 4:24am On Nov 15, 2008
@uteh

Kudos. Don't see any harm in your approach. Good luck

@ modupsie

when did she have sex last prior to the bleeding?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 4:26am On Nov 15, 2008
@monifunsho

Who diagnosed your sister with a worm in her uterus?

@aladunni

Quite a bit. It has to do with the fact that fat produces a weak estrogen. The bigger you are, the more likely to have menstrual irregularities
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 4:31am On Nov 15, 2008
@pastorking

personally, I am a huge advocate of baby friendly breastfeeding, aka, breastfeeding on demand. Just makes sense. That being said, it can be very hard on the mother. My personal compromise is to try breast pumping as soon as possible after milk production has been established. This will allow the baby to get breastmilk while allowing the mother to get rest. A tired mother is not going to produce as much milk and this just leads to a cycle of aggravation, frustration and possibly depression. Pumping allows the best of both worlds and also has the added benefit of involving the father.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 4:35am On Nov 15, 2008
@jesu seun

Missionary is fine as long as you support your weight on your arms. You could try spooning i.e. both of you lying on your side or her on top with you sitting on the edge of your bed. There are two reasons I can think of why doggie style might be uncomfortable for your wife,1, she may have a retroverted i.e. tilted uterus which aims the cervix to the back or 2, you are going too deep. Just be attentive to her however always remember she is pregnant not an unboiled egg. Enjoy yourselvessmiley
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Aladunni(f): 1:24pm On Nov 15, 2008
kathyekiti:

@aladunni

Quite a bit. It has to do with the fact that fat produces a weak estrogen. The bigger you are, the more likely to have menstrual irregularities

thanks, i just cut on my diet and realized the cycle became irregular. I hope it will regularize?

Meanwhile, kid sister is 5 months plus and more than 3 weeks now had been observing constant cheese like discharge from her vagina, its giving her some concern. it comes with a slight itching and makes sex quite difficult for her because she is not lubricated at all, the cheese seems to block everywhere.

Can you advise on what to do? There is no good gyn close to her.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by izzabett(f): 3:15pm On Nov 17, 2008
Hey! Doc ! thanks so much for the reassurance. Okay I must say I have different views as to ovulation calculation, pls can you tell me once and for all how I calculate ovulation and when its best have sex for procreation.

Doc. Kathy what reservations do you have for or against adoption of a baby, as My husband and I have decided its best to have a baby adopted as it will take our minds of the issue of trying and I will have someone to fluster over and shower love and affection. You know I live in a real big house which is damn too quiet. Tx.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 10:53pm On Nov 17, 2008
@aladunni

Sounds like your sis has a yeast infection. It is very common in pregnancy. She should see her ob. The ob will be able to treat her.

@izzabett

when was the first day of your last menstrual period? What are the number of days in your cycle? As for adoption, I think it is a personal choice however having a big house and it being too quiet would not be on my top ten list for adoptingsmiley
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by izzabett(f): 8:12am On Nov 18, 2008
The first day of my last period was last week monday 10th Nov. My cycle before it changed used to be 28 days.
Thanks foe sharing your opinion on the adoption issue.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by modupsie(f): 1:55pm On Nov 18, 2008
@ Dr kathey

thanks, i just asked her now
she said like 2 weeks before the bleeding

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.