Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,581 members, 7,823,519 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (222) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (880004 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Imahaps(f): 9:59am On Mar 22, 2016
Hello doc, my period is 4 days late. I have done blood pregnancy test and it came out negative. I have cramps like my period is about coming yet no show. NOTE: I have a regular 28 days cycle. what could be wrong?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 10:48am On Mar 22, 2016
Baxilexi:

Hello tritri

A morphology of 1% is really poor, and is the likey cause of your subfertility. You need to adopt testes protective measures, such as baking the nuts, either through saunas, hot surfaces(car bonnet) or hot baths. Radiation, hygiene etc
While you do the above, you can start ADDYZOA, it a drug that improves sperm quality.
Also, skip sex for this month, your swimmers need to mature. When I say sex I mean anything that will make you ejaculate.

@Baxilexi

Am outside the country and dont know how to get the ADDYZOA , I was only refered to take bio zinc complex.
But what do u mean by baking the nuts, either through saunas, hot surfaces(car bonnet) or hot baths. Radiation, hygiene etc
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Janix2: 10:53am On Mar 22, 2016
[quote author=Baxilexi post=43997565]

Hello janix2

Have you do a pelvic ultrasound scan of late?[/quote$

No sir,i haven't
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ruqayyatu03: 8:38am On Mar 24, 2016
pls doctor i have irregular MC for almost 4yrs nw and i have being treating it but d condition still remain d same....wat would u advice me to do NOTE:Single
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Babyrex(f): 4:46pm On Mar 24, 2016
omicron:
Hi,

If you bleed following Primolut-N treatment, but do not bleed after treatment, it means that you are low on the hormone progesterone. This in turn means that you are not ovulating, as progesterone is mostly produced following ovulation.

So, the first stage is to diagnose the cause of your lack of ovulation. The commonest cause of lack of ovulation is PCOS, but there are other less common causes such as high prolactin.

Since you are apparently not ttc, and if it turns out to be PCOS, you may require extended treatment with a combined oral contraceptive, as this has been shown to help in PCOS as well as in absence of ovulation for which no cause is known.

However, you should not take any hormonal treatment, including oral contraceptives, until you have seen your doctor, and until you have been properly diagnosed.

All the best.
Hello doctor, been seeing a gynae for up to 2 months now and after running tests like hormonal profile,scans (both pelvic and vaginal) He says the results still point towards PCOS. Gave me options of losing weight and seeing if things regularise, taking progesterone injections in combination with oral contraceptives and waiting till I get to the TTC stage as I am still single. I am very worried and need guidance on way forward. Are these options my only hope? Can I get treated and be free from PCOS??
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by seunkeji5(f): 8:01pm On Mar 25, 2016
I
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by adhel90: 9:44pm On Mar 26, 2016
doctor kindly advice ...
i had unprotected sex on 18 feb.. i took postinol 2 the morning after my period came same day and lasted for 8 days which wasnt normal ( my period normally last five days at most)... i had sex again on 26th feb this time with condom ....but i havent seen my period till now...my normal cycle is 28 days ...ive bn treating ulcer for a while so i took several antibiotics between feb and march and i ve been having cramps like my period is coming though it mix up with ulcer pain....yesterday i started feeling pain in my breast like my period is coming ...ive done four blood test from different laboratories with a week interval between each ...the last one was done two days ago and all was negative...i really dont understand whatz going on
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by lolarde(f): 12:21pm On Mar 28, 2016
Happy Easter everyone.

Pls i plenty quiestions o.

I have been seeing a gynea for about a month now cos been TTC for about 10mths.
Without tests he started us on flagyl and doxycycline for infections.
After that gave us one orange tablet to take for 7days(1 daily). I dont mind knowing the name of d drug if possible. My hubby did a sperm count test and he said count was low and gave him one white and green capule for 3mths. I would also want to know the name of the drug.
Now i went for my hormonal blood test on the 25th of march and he told me to see him the very day i see AF
Now AF decides to come 2 days early and i rushed to see him this morning. He says d result of the test is not yet out. And gives me another prescription. This time i take half tablet at night only for 6 nights and then start taking one tablet in the morning and evening for the next 3 weeks.

I am confused now. Cos i dont have any test result i can say he is basing my own numerous prescriptions on.

I need to know d names of the drugs, i am paying through my nose for them o.

Doctors in the house, please help me.

Thank you.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Sandyvenny(f): 1:23pm On Mar 28, 2016
Hello Doc, please help me on this. I did exclusive breastfeeding for 6months and iam still breastfeeding my LO with other food items added to the brestfeeding such as cereals and solids. Hubby and I planned to have another baby when our baby clock 8months; now, My baby is 8months in two wks time would be 9 months and iam yet to see my period. Can ovulation take place when my monthly cycle hasn't returned? And what can I do to increace the chance of conceiving? Thanks.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by olusisi: 10:24pm On Mar 28, 2016
Thank you so so much for the help.I got pregnant in january 2015,gave birth to dd in sept,she's about 6 months plus now.

Your progesterone level is close to being optimal(at >50pg/ml). You can continue with the dostinex to raise it further.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by chaz007(f): 6:38am On Mar 29, 2016
Sandyvenny:
Hello Doc, please help me on this. I did exclusive breastfeeding for 6months and iam still breastfeeding my LO with other food items added to the brestfeeding such as cereals and solids. Hubby and I planned to have another baby when our baby clock 8months; now, My baby is 8months in two wks time would be 9 months and iam yet to see my period. Can ovulation take place when my monthly cycle hasn't returned? And what can I do to increace the chance of conceiving? Thanks.

Why not space your child a minimum of 12months? Actually the reason why your flow is yet to present is because of high prolactin. As long as your prolactin is stil high, ovulation may not resume. You can carry on with intercourse anyway, and may be fortunate to have it within the time the ovulation would resume, in which case menstruation would not present because the fertilized egg would implant.
The way to increase your chances of conceiving is to discontinue breastfeeding, so you prolactin level can drop. But since your baby is 8months old, I won't advise you discontinue breastfeeding totally. You can reduce frequency, and hopefully your prolactin level would drop.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by chaz007(f): 7:01am On Mar 29, 2016
lolarde:
Happy Easter everyone.

Pls i plenty quiestions o.

I have been seeing a gynea for about a month now cos been TTC for about 10mths.
Without tests he started us on flagyl and doxycycline for infections.
After that gave us one orange tablet to take for 7days(1 daily). I dont mind knowing the name of d drug if possible. My hubby did a sperm count test and he said count was low and gave him one white and green capule for 3mths. I would also want to know the name of the drug.
Now i went for my hormonal blood test on the 25th of march and he told me to see him the very day i see AF
Now AF decides to come 2 days early and i rushed to see him this morning. He says d result of the test is not yet out. And gives me another prescription. This time i take half tablet at night only for 6 nights and then start taking one tablet in the morning and evening for the next 3 weeks.

I am confused now. Cos i dont have any test result i can say he is basing my own numerous prescriptions on.

I need to know d names of the drugs, i am paying through my nose for them o.

Doctors in the house, please help me.

Thank you.

He must have based treatment on clinical symptoms(abdominal pain, and vaginal discharge). Albeit, PID treatment should follow, after a pelvic scan impresses PID on its report.
For the hormonal assay, it takes at least one week to get the result, so your test result can't be ready for now. There's nothing wrong in giving you a follow up. That was what he did with the discreet rx he gave you. For dh, the white tab is either ascorbic acid, or zinc supplement.
You can run a pelvic scan after the treatment, though it was supposed to precede the treatment, to check if your POD is free or not.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mubzay(f): 7:31am On Mar 29, 2016
I beg to differ. No two persons are the same. It is a proven fact that women who are still breastfeeding their LOs get pregnant. Some at 3months, 7months, 9months and immediately after breastfeeding. It just depends on ur body. The fact that u arnt menstrating doesn't mean u arnt ovulating.
chaz007:

Why not space your child a minimum of 12months? Actually the reason why your flow is yet to present is because of high prolactin. As long as your prolactin is stil high, ovulation may not resume. You can carry on with intercourse anyway, and may be fortunate to have it within the time the ovulation would resume, in which case menstruation would not present because the fertilized egg would implant.
The way to increase your chances of conceiving is to discontinue breastfeeding, so you prolactin level can drop. But since your baby is 8months old, I won't advise you discontinue breastfeeding totally. You can reduce frequency, and hopefully your prolactin level would drop.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by chaz007(f): 9:30am On Mar 29, 2016
mubzay:
I beg to differ. No two persons are the same. It is a proven fact that women who are still breastfeeding their LOs get pregnant. Some at 3months, 7months, 9months and immediately after breastfeeding. It just depends on ur body. The fact that u arnt menstrating doesn't mean u arnt ovulating.

Don't respond to a post you don't understand. If prolactin level is high, ovulation "may not" resume. I see you can't different btw 'may not' and 'will not'. It's true no two humans are the same. Nursing mothers who ovulate 3months after paturition have high FSH/LH level as against an optimal prolactin level. Nursing mothers with low FSH/LH level, as against high prolactin level, will not ovulate 3months, 6months, 9months, 12months after paturition, not until the FSH/LH is high enough. Yea I said it, WILL NOT ovulate.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mubzay(f): 10:16am On Mar 29, 2016
U are not totally correct. It has been a fact that women with high prolactin level gets pregnant. Science is evolving.
chaz007:

Don't respond to a post you don't understand. If prolactin level is high, ovulation "may not" resume. I see you can't different btw 'may not' and 'will not'. It's true no two humans are the same. Nursing mothers who ovulate 3months after paturition have high FSH/LH level as against an optimal prolactin level. Nursing mothers with low FSH/LH level, as against high prolactin level, will not ovulate 3months, 6months, 9months, 12months after paturition, not until the FSH/LH is high enough. Yea I said it, WILL NOT ovulate.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by chaz007(f): 12:22pm On Mar 29, 2016
mubzay:
U are not totally correct. It has been a fact that women with high prolactin level gets pregnant. Science is evolving.

Are u anglodyslexic? We're talking medicine, you're talking science. Under negative feedback, a high prolactin secretion triggers a low FSH/LH secretion. In some women, high prolactin secretion may not antagonise the secretion of FSH/LH. You need to read carefully and understand the use of words like 'may/might', 'will/would', 'can/could', and 'probably'.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Dazzle86(f): 12:29pm On Mar 29, 2016
hello doctor, please what help can ovumine do for
a woman who ovulates but is still not getting pregnant. All tests are OK,for both I and DH. I feel I ovulate because I have a regular cycle and I get ovulation pains every month also I use opks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by chaz007(f): 12:42pm On Mar 29, 2016
Dazzle86:
hello doctor, please what help can ovumine do for
a woman who ovulates but is still not getting pregnant. All tests are OK,for both I and DH. I feel I ovulate because I have a regular cycle and I get ovulation pains every month also I use opks

If you're sure you ovulate, then you don't need ovumine. Ovumine is recommended for ladies who may not be ovulating. If tests show you and dh are ok, then implantation is where the problem may lie. To increase your chances of successful implantation, you try progesterone boost supplement.
No two humans are the same, like our dear mumzay rightly pointed out. Some couples may be fortunate enough to conceive quicker than expected, others may experience a slight delay, which would eventually happen, just a matter of time. So yea, patience and continuous attempt are the key factors.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by adhel90: 1:02pm On Mar 29, 2016
[quote autho
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Babyrex(f): 3:33pm On Mar 29, 2016
Hello doctor, been seeing a gynae for up to 2 months now and after running tests like hormonal profile,scans (both pelvic and vaginal) He says the results still point towards PCOS. Gave me options of losing weight and seeing if things regularise, taking progesterone injections in combination with oral contraceptives and waiting till I get to the TTC stage as I am still single. I am very worried and need guidance on way forward. Are these options my only hope? Can I get treated and be free from PCOS??
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mubzay(f): 5:01pm On Mar 29, 2016
Mtcheeew. I wonder how u interact with ur patients. That's if u re even qualified.
U think u know it all. Dnt waste my MB, av got something better to do than exchange wrds with u.
Mr know it all.
chaz007:

Are u anglodyslexic? We're talking medicine, you're talking science. Under negative feedback, a high prolactin secretion triggers a low FSH/LH secretion. In some women, high prolactin secretion may not antagonise the secretion of FSH/LH. You need to read carefully and understand the use of words like 'may/might', 'will/would', 'can/could', and 'probably'.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by chaz007(f): 7:03pm On Mar 29, 2016
mubzay:
Mtcheeew. I wonder how u interact with ur patients. That's if u re even qualified.
U think u know it all. Dnt waste my MB, av got something better to do than exchange wrds with u.
Mr know it all.

If studying your books from basic is the something better you have to do, then it's worth doing.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by chaz007(f): 7:08pm On Mar 29, 2016
adhel90:
Doctors in the house kindly help out...i want to confirm if im pregnant ...all blood test result are negative.

You are not pregnant. The menstrual delay/cessation is due to hormonal disruption. Postinor is notorious for menstrual disruption. It can hasten or delay menstruation. One thing you need understand, hormones are very sensitive to disturbance. Once the balance is disturbed, it could take shorter or longer time to get it balanced. That's what u're experiencing.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mubzay(f): 10:48pm On Mar 29, 2016
U think so? So stwepid of u.
Silence is golden.
Go figure it out.
NB: Mods take note. He shudnt insult me once more..
chaz007:

If studying your books from basic is the something better you have to do, then it's worth doing.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by chaz007(f): 5:23am On Mar 30, 2016
mubzay:
U think so? So stwepid of u.
Silence is golden.
Go figure it out.
NB: Mods take note. He shudnt insult me once more..

Are u anglodyslexic? --- that's a question, not an insult
Are u okay?.... That's a question, not an insult
Are u stwepid ----- that's another question, not an insult.
But
U are anglodyslexic --- that's an insult/assertion, not a question
U are not okay --- that's an insert/assertion, not a question.
U are stwepid/so stwepid of u -- that's an insult/assertion, not a question.
Mr I don't knw anything at all, after posting .so stwepid of u.. , u nw realise silence is golden. I think I'm d one wasting my data on u.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mubzay(f): 6:23am On Mar 30, 2016

U can as well answer ur ques.
SMH
chaz007:

Are u anglodyslexic? --- that's a question, not an insult
Are u okay?.... That's a question, not an insult
Are u stwepid ----- that's another question, not an insult.
But
U are anglodyslexic --- that's an insult/assertion, not a question
U are not okay --- that's an insert/assertion, not a question.
U are stwepid/so stwepid of u -- that's an insult/assertion, not a question.
Mr I don't knw anything at all, after posting .so stwepid of u.. , u nw realise silence is golden. I think I'm d one wasting my data on u.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by chaz007(f): 6:31am On Mar 30, 2016
mubzay:

U can as well answer ur ques.
SMH

Lolz. Humor is good for the health.
But u're one troublesome guy
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Rukkington(f): 7:43am On Mar 30, 2016
I wonder why ladies never get tired of talking, I guess God created us like dat...
Kai, @mubzay and @chaz007, both of u want to derail dis thread.
When male doc were responding to questions, all dese trading of words never happened
Pls, let be patient with ourselves.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 6:24am On Mar 31, 2016
Good morning Doc, Please do you know why one would spot and bleed not too red blood (TMI)
for a whole month? It keeps acting as if it would stop and any
moment starts again. Although, I am suspecting an infection. I want
to go for a pelvic scan first. Please help me.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by odichristy: 8:20am On Mar 31, 2016
Hi dr pls I need advise my breast is producing milk ad am not pregnat I have gone for test it was comfirm dt my prolatain is high. Ad e place me with bromocriptine I hav. Taken a lot of it stil no inprovement.pls. Dr need ur help.any other drug apart from bromocri.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Rukkington(f): 12:35pm On Mar 31, 2016
odichristy:
Hi dr pls I need advise my breast is producing milk ad am not pregnat I have gone for test it was comfirm dt my prolatain is high. Ad e place me with bromocriptine I hav. Taken a lot of it stil no inprovement.pls. Dr need ur help.any other drug apart from bromocri.

Hello odichristy
I am not a Dr but we are in d same situation (hyperprolactinemia) but mine is not high to d extent of producing milk. I will suggest u use dostinex one dose per week since bromocriptine didn't work for u and some people use perlodel and it works. Body react to drug differently I guess. Although, my doc prescribe bromocriptine and ovacare for me. You can also check TTC thread for more idea on how to treat it

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by rOsy247(f): 1:17pm On Mar 31, 2016
Hello doctors in the house. May God bless y'all for the help you are rendering.

Pls I want to know if its compulsory for one to have discharge while ovulating and secondly if infertility in men can be treated no matter the stage it has reached. Tnx

(1) (2) (3) ... (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.